Bionicle: Masks Of The Elders

Valrahk

In the Matoran Universe, peace has long since taken hold. Evil has been banished from the world, and the guardians of the Matoran saw fit to leave them to their lives unaided. The Toa, once great heroes and defenders of right and good, are now a faded memory. Even the Great Spirit, once ever-present, now seems but a distant shadow, a mythical being from a bygone age. Few alive even remember the times when these figures roamed the land, and even they are fading into history But there are those who remember all too clearly, and now see fit to destroy this peace.With the world complacent, they have begun to move what little forces they have left, and plunge an unsuspecting planet into a greater darkness than it has ever known. The only beings who could have stopped them are now but lifeless relics in shrines, a mere facade, an image of what they once were.This is a world on the edge.This is the world of...

Bionicle: Masks of the Elders

News:11/22/2011: Two new Act II screenshots added.10/23/2011: Demo 2 link corrected - In my initial rush to re-open the topic, I accidentally posted the link to the Beta, not the Demo. Also, the Demo 2 Walkthrough and an extra link to the Element Chart have been posted. 10/22/2011: Topic Reopened.Downloads:Demo 1.1, Standard VersionDemo 1.1, Enhanced Soundtrack VersionDemo 2, Standard VersionDemo 2, Enhanced Soundtrack VersionDemo 2 WalkthroughBoss Guide for Demo 2Element Chart(Excel Spreadsheet)Screenshots: Act I:

battletutorial.pngThe First Battlezakoroteaser.pngZa-Koro, wasteland townturagameeting.pngA Meeting With the Turagaximetru.pngXi-Metru's streetsmountain.pngScaling The Mountainopeningmovie.pngThe Opening cinematic, circa Demo 2

Act II:

librarystairs.pngHow will you get past this little obstacle?librarybasement.pngIn the Depths of the Libraryna-korodirector.pngAn Incident in Na-koroikuriatent.pngSearching for Ikuriaiceforest.pngExploring the Ice Forest

Features:-All-New, Original Story-An enormous overworld to explore-A cast of rich, unique characters-Elemental Class System-Another, still top-secret battle enhancement (coming soon)-Challenging Combat -Item and Weapon Crafting (coming soon)-And Much, Much MoreTeaser Stories: Click here.Production Blog Link: Click here.Credits: Graphics: Bonesiii/Ojhilom, InnerRayg, ValrahkMusic: a site I can't mention in the forum because the site has forums.Sound Effects: Runtime Package, ValrahkComing Soon: Blog Updates - More Crafting System details

Edited by Valrahk
  • Upvote 1

Currently downloading...this looks pretty interesting.Edit: Well, I did the setup...and now I cannot find it. Literally. And most of the setup was a bunch of ????I do not understand computer software that well, but, well, can you?

Edited by Vakama35

"Ten thousand futures have I looked at. A hundred thousand. And in only one does mankind finally unite, and flourish...and survive. Only one. Doomworld."

210pxthe_master_doctor_doom.jpg

hmmm.... i think you should give credit for boneiii's matoran and other sprites.i haven't downloaded yet.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Currently downloading...this looks pretty interesting. Edit: Well, I did the setup...and now I cannot find it. Literally. And most of the setup was a bunch of ?? I do not understand computer software that well, but, well, can you?

Unfortunately, that's just how the setup of the game is. Also, did you make sure to check both boxes before clicking the looks-kind-of-like-an-OK-button?

hmmm.... i think you should give credit for boneiii's matoran and other sprites. i haven't downloaded yet.

The full credits list won't appear until the end of the game, but... yeah, I should put up some temporary credits in the topic. Working on that now...

Welcome back! I'll nab the Enhanced Soundtrack version once it's up. Is this still as keyboard-chuckingly hard as I remember it?

In short, pretty much. Some parts of Act I were made slightly easier, namely the trek back to Cho-koro (if one character gets KO'd, after the battle they get healed, but only during that first part). On the other hand, I did some data wrangling with enemies' experience drops, so it takes slightly longer to get up to the recommended levels. As for Act II, let's just say that in Beta Testing I had to add in some extra healing in one dungeon because it was a bit too hard. So, to say it in short again, yes, yes it is.Also, the plan is to have the Enhanced Soundtrack Version up on Friday. Edited by Valrahk

Ooooh, yay, a Valrahk game!You should do an update of Piraka Mania!On topic: Pretty cool, I think I played the demo one time... I think I'll give it a shot... -- :ruru: EDIT: Wow, I didn't even read the post above mine... What a noob I am..

Edited by Piraka~Mistika

banner.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great game so far! I like how you made it so you can decide what type of element each character could be. Can't wait for Demo 3!WEEGEE

The next game update won't be for a while yet - I've been busy designing games for classes this semester, and unfortunately Elders hasn't gotten the attention it deserves. The good news is that I've gotten some really good work done on the next Act's first dungeon, and it's about 75% complete, with some story segments left to program and making sure that everything is properly connected left to do (and a few other details, like making sure all the enemies get placed, etc.). After that, I can go back to the next island and start working with a new character, and...

he's going to be really kinda creepy, suffice to say.

As far as the elements go, I made sure to make that as flexible as possible, to allow for a wide variety of strategies. Speaking of which, that still-secret battle system enhancement is going to allow for a mind-boggling array of different strategies, once fully implemented.

• 2 years later...

You can download any of them. Each download is self contained if I recall correctly. 

This game does bring back old memories

3) No topic revival. Please do not post in topics that have been inactive for sixty days or more, or the topic will be closed. If it was still needed for discussion, people would have kept it going. If there's new information relating to the previous topic, but that topic is too old to revive, then it's probably fine to create a new thread.

Still gotta close it though.

Edited by Emzee

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]