Video Game General (Official)

Terminus

i just realized i compare these new powers to my previously, fully upgraded one, so no wonder i have these bad first impressions. i do like video's hover, it keeps you in the air for a long time. neon's dash is by far superior though. i wish there was some way to customize what power you wanted for each slot.

Edited by Archer Vonn

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

Neon was the worst power in the game, IMO. At least it got fixed in First Light, which is good. Because otherwise First Light would've sucked.

neon actually grew on me. smoke still has more swag but neon is better from a gameplay perspective and looks cash in night time. btw i read somewhere after you beat the game you can toggle permanent night, is that true? cause that one night mission was so gorgeous i can't imagine i'd ever turn it off if that was the case

Apart from the lack of a time limit, not much is different IMHO.

sort of triggering my nerd rage because i said fallout 2 has more content, which isn't a matter of opinion at all, it's a matter of there are more quests and locations and weapons. the mechanics are the exact same, so i can see why you'd say that they're similar, but what i said is fallout 2 has more stuff and no time limit which is 100% undeniably true. and the reason you start off with a good gun in fallout 1 is because you beat the game the same day, lol

Just because it has more stuff doesn't make it any less similar. You want two games that aren't similar? FO1 and FO:NV. FO1 and FO2 are like night and very late evening. FO1/2 and FO:NV are like night and day.

Also, you only beat the game the same day if you're really ignoring background content and instead go immediately to Mariposa or the Cathedral.

Edited by IcarusBen

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

what's the difference between a nerdrage and a forum breakdown?

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

my nerdrage triggered cause you thought i said they were different when i just said fo2 has more stuff

I'm talking about the inital nerdrage, not the second, auxillary nerdrage.

Sounds like someone's living a meme. 

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

my nerdrage triggered cause you thought i said they were different when i just said fo2 has more stuff

i dont even know what that means and it's totally okay i forgive you anyways. in any case we're spamming and b6 has a frowney face next to my name as it is so let's just drop this.

as much as i love infamous i gotta say their boss fights are so weak, mostly in 2, but i got reminded of that when i got to the first augustine battle in SS. i did like the battle against he who dwells even if it was sorta simple. i like that they aren't throwing bosses at you left and right like they did in infamous 2, made bosses feel less special. (one mission: defeat an ice titan. epic battle!! well done, take a breather. next mission: kill four ice titans.) i like this game a lot more as i get through it, but i think that it doesn't beat the first two in enough categories to be considered as good as they are. eh well, next time.

btw why is it even called second son? is it cause delsin is the younger brother? at first i thought he'd have some relation to cole but outside of a few stores cole hasn't gotten mentioned at all yet. is it just some sort of name that sounds cool but means nothing?

i dont even know what that means and it's totally okay i forgive you anyways. in any case we're spamming and b6 has a frowney face next to my name as it is so let's just drop this.

as much as i love infamous i gotta say their boss fights are so weak, mostly in 2, but i got reminded of that when i got to the first augustine battle in SS. i did like the battle against he who dwells even if it was sorta simple. i like that they aren't throwing bosses at you left and right like they did in infamous 2, made bosses feel less special. (one mission: defeat an ice titan. epic battle!! well done, take a breather. next mission: kill four ice titans.) i like this game a lot more as i get through it, but i think that it doesn't beat the first two in enough categories to be considered as good as they are. eh well, next time.

btw why is it even called second son? is it cause delsin is the younger brother? at first i thought he'd have some relation to cole but outside of a few stores cole hasn't gotten mentioned at all yet. is it just some sort of name that sounds cool but means nothing?

It's a reference to the group that had ice powers in Infamous 2 (First Sons), and it's associated with the DUP. 

Edited by Minty Green

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

yessir. 1 and 2 on ps3 and second son is on ps4

edit: so what was up with that ending oh man that was an awful ending. augustine wasnt the villain at all and delsin was so dumb for not even considering her. terrible writing that it just worked out in delsin's favor.

Edited by Archer Vonn

Worst part of SS's ending IMO was concrete. I mean, the entire plot of the game was pretty much "hey, let's beat up Augustine and steal her power to save everyone!" and when you do that you get this kinda lame and useless power (although I find it hilarious that concrete is the only power which allows you to float/fly straight up) and if you've finished all the sidequests there's really nothing left to do with it. The other powers kinda made me wish we actually got a paper power from the paper trail missions, but the tacked-on feeling of concrete made me glad we didn't.

Anyways, a friend of mine finally got me to touch Rocket League (which I got free from PS+ last month) and it's actually kinda fun. Might end up actually playing this for more than an hour (unlike most other PS+ games). Also remembered God of War Ascension is free on PS+ this month. Gotta free up space on my PS3 hard drive, I've really wanted to try those games for a while.

concrete's the bomb, man. dunno what you're talking about. only gripe i have is the upgrade tree doesnt follow the same pattern the other three do, and the dash can't climb up walls so it has bad vertical movement. the thrusters didnt compensate for it. this could've been easily solved by giving delsin the same concrete spike jump that the enemies use (like the ice spike in infamous 2) and i have no idea why they didnt do that

Edited by Archer Vonn

So a new Battletech game is getting kickstarted soon. Straight adaptation of the tabletop game, instead of a sim game like MechWarrior.

Hope there's a campaign editor or something that lets you hack the models of the mecha. The mechanical design of Battletech is incredibly ugly, outside of the really early licensed stuff from Dougram and a few other anime.

hElbrZ6.gif

Concrete just feels really underdone to me. No karmic upgrades, no karmic streak, movement abilities really suck compared to the other 3 powers (which in turn makes melee combat a bit worse), and your only non-melee attacks are a burst fire of rocks and a wave blast of rocks. Plus, you have to drain DUPs to get it, which makes it even more annoying if you've already cleared out the city by the time you get it. I just didn't find it fun on it's own, but it's even more dull when compared to any other power in the game.

I've got Tubehax on my system, probably gonna try importing some stuff soon. The Japanese version of Monster Hunter 4 is about $7 on Amazon at the moment, so might get that to try it out.

I hope it's not Amazon.JP- for whatever reason, they don't ship software and games globally. You'd need a middleman to do it.

Really wish the emulation scene on 3DS was better, though. Would love to play some of the SRPGs I need to get to, but next to nothing runs decently. Ah well, at least I still have the PSP for that.

hElbrZ6.gif

Nope, it's American Amazon, ordered it from a seller with prime shipping today so I should have it in a couple days. Plus, $7 is a good point to give Monster Hunter a try (which I've been meaning to do).

And actually because 3DS isn't region free I've noticed a lot of imports are pretty cheap on Amazon, which is pretty good.

Nope, it's American Amazon, ordered it from a seller with prime shipping today so I should have it in a couple days. Plus, $7 is a good point to give Monster Hunter a try (which I've been meaning to do).

And actually because 3DS isn't region free I've noticed a lot of imports are pretty cheap on Amazon, which is pretty good.

Monster Hunter is boring for the first hour, and there's no denying that. After that, though, it's insanely fun. You'll be fighting new things about every 10 minutes.

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

I think I have at least a few criticisms of Destiny but it's nice that you're enjoying it.

Anyways, got MH4 today, and... It works. Playing region-free with Tubehax has a few glitches (home button freezes the game and sometimes Homebrew Launcher just won't start), but overall it's pretty good.

Also Pokken Tournament got announced for a worldwide release next year, I'm not really a Pokemon fan but I'm definitely gonna be keeping an eye on this.

I think I have at least a few criticisms of Destiny but it's nice that you're enjoying it.

i was reading an article and some of harvard's best scientists studied destiny and realized it was a perfect game. any criticisms are your fault tbh

:P

Anyways, got MH4 today, and... It works. Playing region-free with Tubehax has a few glitches (home button freezes the game and sometimes Homebrew Launcher just won't start), but overall it's pretty good.

Also Pokken Tournament got announced for a worldwide release next year, I'm not really a Pokemon fan but I'm definitely gonna be keeping an eye on this.

Yeah, you can't access Home Menu with any region bypasses. It's mostly because the hack itself is user end IIRC, so it doesn't have absolute access to everything in the system's firmware.

hElbrZ6.gif

So a big flaw in Tubehax is that it requires a connection to a specific server... Which has been down all day. Kinda wishing I got Ironfall when it was available so I wouldn't need the server, but when it works, Tubehax works fine. Kinda hoping something new pops up soon, though.

To be fair, Metroid right now reminds me of the whole Tekken vs. Street Fighter incident with Bad Box Art Mega Man.

Federation Force wasn't intended as a game to be upset over, you can tell just by the comments from the devs and everything. They wanted to try something new and add co-op to the game, while tiding people over until the actual next Metroid game. They can't do co-op with Samus, or there'd be clones running around, which would break canon even more.

Should they have gone with a different look for the federation? probably, but I haven't been keeping track on if there's a reason for why it was like it is.

The thing I'm utterly confused about, though, is that there were a lot of people hyped for Blast Ball, until they revealed what game it was attached to, and basically confirmed everyone's suspicions, so I'm like ?????????

Though, honest question, is there actual PVP, or is that Blast Ball? That'd be the only real downside, since I see the game for what it really is. >>

• Upvote 3

Funny thing about Samus is that I actually don't care whether she's in the game or not XD Every Metroid game to date has starred Samus, it couldn't hurt to have some fresh faces. My main issue with what I've seen so far (granted, we don't know too much about the core gameplay yet) is that the campaign just seems like a massive boss rush. Where is the adventure and exploration that basically makes Metroid, Metroid? Why even put Prime in the title? It may have the Prime aesthetic, but without the core gameplay that made the Prime series what it was, what's the point?

Regarding Blast Ball and PvP; Blast Ball's totally an awesome idea! I have nothing against this mode at all! It's actually a great idea to introduce people to the game's controls. No qualms here. But I really hope they have some kind of Deathmatch PvP ala a more in-depth Hunters multiplayer.

Touching again on the Prime aesthetic, it's confusing that the Prime-style Federation Troopers are back, given what Other M was thought to have retconned. The troopers' mech suits are pretty cool, though, very stylistic and bold. I'm not impressed by the graphics or the color palette, however. I know the 3DS can do better than that.

Regarding Metroid in general, though, I just really, really, REALLY want a new sidescroller. It's been 11 years, Nintendo! PLEASE, just give us that X) It's funny, there are so many games out there now who's high points include "Metroid-like", You'd think Nintendo would get the clue about what their fans desperately want.

Nobody can explain Nintendo's thought processes.

Not even Nintendo.

*grumbles about $60 yarn amiibo that is stupid*

$60? I... wow. I don't even.

Edited by Skrade

Had Nintendo announced the next proper Metroid alongside Federation Force, I don't think there would have been as much backlash as there has been, since fans have been waiting for the next good game in the series since Corruption, which was forever ago. I'm hoping (I'd say guessing, but this is Nintendo we're talking about here) they are working on some type of main Metroid game for the Wii U (or NX launch title) to show people that Federation Force isn't the absolute future of the series.

However, on the good side of stuff from Nintendo, the recently announced a limited edition of Xenoblade Chronicles X. Already got my copy preordered.

I'm that one guy who wants every game for every console he doesn't own but doesn't want any games for the consoles he does own.

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

Had Nintendo announced the next proper Metroid alongside Federation Force, I don't think there would have been as much backlash as there has been, since fans have been waiting for the next good game in the series since Corruption, which was forever ago. I'm hoping (I'd say guessing, but this is Nintendo we're talking about here) they are working on some type of main Metroid game for the Wii U (or NX launch title) to show people that Federation Force isn't the absolute future of the series.

However, on the good side of stuff from Nintendo, the recently announced a limited edition of Xenoblade Chronicles X. Already got my copy preordered.

That's the thing. The guys at Retro have like already confirmed a Prime 4 is gonna be on the NX, which is why they can't release anything for the U, and why they announced Federation Force in the first place; but everyone's like ignoring that just because there's nothing now.