• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Photo

The Vice-Captain

BZPRPG

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Kughii

Kughii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Pahrak-Kal Attacks!

• 2,690 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 07 2013 - 09:33 PM

After a good four hours of sitting at the coffee table here is Vice-Captain Iraira of the Ga-Koro Marines, a character from the BZPRPG.  I tried blending a more human appearance for a change, which I feel didn't turn out as horribly as I thought it might.  Comments and critique always welcome!

~Kughii

319px-Iraira.jpg

http://www.bzpower.c...e=2#entry546628

Link for the BZPRPG 2013 arc profiles.

#2 Offline Mr. House

Mr. House
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,000 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 07 2013 - 09:38 PM

Very good, I have to say. About the same as I pictured her in-game. Excepting clothing, I always pictured her in a kind of naval-esque uniform.

"But autocracy? Firm control in the hands of a technological and economic visionary? Yes, that Vegas shall have." -Robert House

BZPRPG 2014 Profiles

Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Larikon Torchbearer-Jorruk YokinMons Shajs-Senavysh Angavur-Vulunos-Shivada-Sukot urn Voyuk-Arvun-Iolatra-Mahane

The Brotherhood of Ak'rei'an- Want zombies? Want to play a religiously fanatical maniac? Well if so, join the BZPRPG's premier cult!

Want a clan of horse-riding Bio-Nomads? PM me to get your Taajar clan approved!  

#3 Offline Norik Of Celtania

Norik Of Celtania
  • Members
  • Nuva Team Assembled

• 2,554 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 07 2013 - 10:10 PM

Her legs are a little long...

But otherwise, quite well done.

MTG Dual Colour

http://www.bzpower.c...pages/?p=547065 My BZPRPG Character Profiles

#4 Offline Onyx.5

Onyx.5
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Seeker

• 211 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Dec 08 2013 - 12:59 AM

Well, If I'm honest I haven't seen any of your previous drawings, so I don't have much of a baseline for how human this is compared to how you normally draw Bionicle characters, but I certainly wouldn't say it turned out 'horribly'. You've managed to pull off a fairly challenging perspective on the shoulders. The feet and especially the hands are well done - those give most artists a lot of trouble. Though there's some odd stuff going on with the legs - as Norik said, they look a bit long, perhaps because they're not quite in the same perspective, and aren't as foreshortened as the rest of the character. More importantly, if you look at the position of the knees, and then consider where her ankles are, you might see that her right lower leg is very long. I suspect you got really focused and worked out the upper legs, and then lower legs, and then the feet, in isolation, without stepping back to look at the overall proportions. You can either let the legs dictate where the feet go, or let the foot position tell you how the legs should work, but make sure you're treating them as a single larger object. Meanwhile the arms are in good perspective, and nicely shaped. Oh, and I just realize that the oval-shaped armor indentations are a reference to the pin holes on actual bionicle pieces - was that intentional? It's a nice touch either way.

#5 Online Toatapio Nuva

Toatapio Nuva
  • Members
  • Master of Fear Frenzied

• 5,884 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 08 2013 - 02:11 AM

Ah, nice. I like the wide hips, they give her a more feminine look. It's a subtle wayto convey that she's a woman, but it works perfectly. I also like the Hau, it looks natural in a way.

#6 Offline Gengar

Gengar
  • Members
  • Emerging Defender of Mata Nui

• 2,063 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 08 2013 - 01:27 PM

Looks great, although the lower body looks kinda big compared to the upper, even for a female.

#7 Offline Kughii

Kughii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Pahrak-Kal Attacks!

• 2,690 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 11 2013 - 07:45 PM

Thanks everyone! Yeah, a few minutes after posting it I was grumbling about the leg so thanks to those who called me out on that. As for the kanohi, that came together shockingly well.

And no house, I'm not often one to turn bionicle into dress up dolls. XD However, I may take your idea of a naval coat.

http://www.bzpower.c...e=2#entry546628

Link for the BZPRPG 2013 arc profiles.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users