Generation 2 Wild Mass Guessing

So, I read TV Tropes more than is healthy. Most every page has a WMG page, including Bionicle. Of course, editing any page on TVT is a convoluted process, so I want to make a WMG for Gen2 on BZPower.

Just post any wild theories you have here. Circumstantial evidence is always welcome.

Here's mine:

Makuta is the good guy.

We only ever hear the story from Ekimu's perspective. Makuta comes off as petty, jealous and completely irreverent to the most sacred laws. But really? Ekimu is Makuta's brother! I'd be proud of my brother, even if I wasn't as good as him.

But, as always, history is always written by those in power. Ekimu may have twisted the general perspective of Makuta, while doing something very evil! Heck, maybe Ekimu had a bad case of Dume Syndrome, was replaced by a greater power and Makuta built the MoUP to defend against it. It backfired, twice, and resulted in said evil being sealed away for good.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

I've seen people try to make the same argument for G1. If we take Ekimu as Mata Nui, it's the same perspective on things. Sure, we later learn that Mata Nui's laziness got him into the entire mess, but we really didn't know that until G1 was practically over.

LEGO, as a general rule, doesn't insert grey and gray morality into a new line.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

I like the idea. I think it doesn't matter if it's aimed at kids. It can still have a well-crafted story with immense shades of grey and tints of gray.

As long as we don't have the quality of voice acting found in MoL, we'll have a pretty good amount of potential.

"TAKUA! TAKUA! What are you doing here alone? You're supposed to be at the kohlii match..."

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

So, I read TV Tropes more than is healthy. Most every page has a WMG page, including Bionicle. Of course, editing any page on TVT is a convoluted process, so I want to make a WMG for Gen2 on BZPower.

Isn't BZPower's WMG section the entirety of the S&T forum? I'm not sure this necessarily needs its own topic.

~B~

I thought theories proposed in S&T require some proof, hence why Gen2 theories have been thin on the ground. Wild Mass Guessing is "Perhaps the Prototype Robot is a Scientific Exploration Gundam, sent off to find other worlds, then when it crashed on Spherus Magna, gave the GBs the idea to try their own."

• Upvote 2

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

I thought theories proposed in S&T require some proof, hence why Gen2 theories have been thin on the ground. Wild Mass Guessing is "Perhaps the Prototype Robot is a Scientific Exploration Gundam, sent off to find other worlds, then when it crashed on Spherus Magna, gave the GBs the idea to try their own."

To which someone will inevitably Joss, then dig up an obscure throwaway line.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

That's why this thread is for gen2. We have no proof for gen2, let's collect all the weird thoughts for validation or ridicule later.

• Upvote 3

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

First, we already have a topic where evidenceless speculation about Bionicle 2015 could go:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/14525-official-bionicle-2015-topic/

Second, as far as S&T goes, this topic goes against two rules:

Prohibited Topics 
No speculation topics. (See "theory definition" section below for more. Basically these try to guess at what is canon -- however, within reason they may be okay if they're simply rephrased as a "what I'd do differently" topic)
No "post-it-here" topics, which means a topic trying to act like an official "only post about this subject here" topic, or a topic providing no content and asking repliers to make the content. (A topic that asks a specific question does not count as this, although there's some gray areas.)

Under that theory definition:

"Speculation" -- This isn't allowed as only content of a topic startpost. Speculation is exactly the same as theories in one way -- it's cool story ideas that often could very well turn out to be true. We do not wish to put a damper on the imagination -- quite the opposite. But speculation is very different in an important way -- it has no evidence; it's just something that "MIGHT" be true. There IS, however, a gray area where speculation can be okay in replies to a theory; in response to one person's theory about a well-known mystery, you could simply say "I tend to feel this other idea is the answer, though I don't really have good evidence, so I applaud your evidenced-theory."

(That last sentence would basically work for the 2015 topic too.)

Third, theories about such things are allowed, though. So if you want to reformulate any particular speculative idea and add to it a list of positive evidence, etc. then each idea (or perhaps a narrower category of ideas, like morality of Ekimu), then you may start a new topic about it. (And very different subjects should get their own theory topics.) As it is, I'm not seeing any evidence here, and to avoid confusion with the "mass guessing" theme of the title, I'm going to close this one. You may continue in the main 2015 topic. :)

Closified.

• Upvote 2

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)