Exclusive Gali Mask for LEGO Inside Tour Participants!

Isn't that Inside Lego Tour that really exclusive thing that cost thousands of dollars or something insane to get access to though, something so exclusive and unfair to fans who can't get access that it defeats the purpose of even doing it?

So now you're arguing that LEGO shouldn't even hold the LEGO Inside Tour at all unless they can make them affordable for everybody? I don't know whether to laugh or cry...

The LEGO Inside Tour is as expensive as it is for a number of reasons. First, because demand is unbelievably high. Not only can LEGO afford to charge a high price, but they actually have quite an incentive to do so as a way to cut down on the number of applicants. Second, because the LEGO Inside Tour is a really in-depth experience, not just some tour guide showing you around. A lot of preparation has to go into it each year. The cost of the tour includes lodging at the LEGOLAND Hotel as well as meals. It also includes opportunities to meet the CEO and basically all the designers (note that these are people who still have to be paid for the time they spend with you on the tour — they're not doing this out of the goodness of their hearts). It is, to put it simply, designed to be a once-in-a-lifetime experience, and I have heard nothing but good things about the experience from those who have attended in the past.

There is nothing remotely unfair about offering this kind of experience to those who can afford it. Again, nobody would be better off if the LEGO Group did not offer the LEGO Inside Tour. People who couldn't get a tour before because of the prices still couldn't get a tour if the opportunity didn't exist at all. The only reason to think the tour shouldn't be offered at all is if you are so unbelievably self-centered that you can't stand the possibility of other people getting something that you aren't. It's like saying luxury cars shouldn't exist because not everybody can afford one, or that five-star hotels shouldn't exist because not everybody can afford to stay there, or that the new Ferris Wheel set shouldn't exist because not everybody can afford to spend $200 on one LEGO set. It's one thing to wish that the LEGO Inside Tour were cheaper (I guarantee you even the people who CAN afford it all wish it were cheaper), but it's another thing entirely to whine that it's "unfair to fans" as if LEGO owes you every possible experience they have to offer just for being a fan.

Sorry, my bad, I accidentally deleted some of my text. I meant to say that it was unfair to have this exclusive mask in the inside tour because from a promoting Bionicle standpoint it defeats the purpose. I definitely don't think they shouldn't do the tour. I do think it should be cheaper, because it sucks that it's so expensive, but of course it's better to do it like this then not at all.

But Jesus, I'm sick of your condescending rude attitude. I don't know whether to laugh or cry to someone who takes pleasure from talking down to people on the internet over something as trivial as a toy line. Why don't you keep your hostile attitude to yourself and make this board a more positive place like all you Lego apologetics always claim?

And just to be on topic so my post doesn't get deleted, I thought about whether it would be better if the set released had the transparent mask or not. I decided it made for a better set to have the opaque one since it serves the color scheme better and Dark Azure is a cool new color to begin with, but I'm certainly glad that the trans mask is being made in some capacity since it's such a cool reference to Generation 1.

• Upvote 3

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

Isn't that Inside Lego Tour that really exclusive thing that cost thousands of dollars or something insane to get access to though, something so exclusive and unfair to fans who can't get access that it defeats the purpose of even doing it?

So now you're arguing that LEGO shouldn't even hold the LEGO Inside Tour at all unless they can make them affordable for everybody? I don't know whether to laugh or cry...

The LEGO Inside Tour is as expensive as it is for a number of reasons. First, because demand is unbelievably high. Not only can LEGO afford to charge a high price, but they actually have quite an incentive to do so as a way to cut down on the number of applicants. Second, because the LEGO Inside Tour is a really in-depth experience, not just some tour guide showing you around. A lot of preparation has to go into it each year. The cost of the tour includes lodging at the LEGOLAND Hotel as well as meals. It also includes opportunities to meet the CEO and basically all the designers (note that these are people who still have to be paid for the time they spend with you on the tour — they're not doing this out of the goodness of their hearts). It is, to put it simply, designed to be a once-in-a-lifetime experience, and I have heard nothing but good things about the experience from those who have attended in the past.

There is nothing remotely unfair about offering this kind of experience to those who can afford it. Again, nobody would be better off if the LEGO Group did not offer the LEGO Inside Tour. People who couldn't get a tour before because of the prices still couldn't get a tour if the opportunity didn't exist at all. The only reason to think the tour shouldn't be offered at all is if you are so unbelievably self-centered that you can't stand the possibility of other people getting something that you aren't. It's like saying luxury cars shouldn't exist because not everybody can afford one, or that five-star hotels shouldn't exist because not everybody can afford to stay there, or that the new Ferris Wheel set shouldn't exist because not everybody can afford to spend $200 on one LEGO set. It's one thing to wish that the LEGO Inside Tour were cheaper (I guarantee you even the people who CAN afford it all wish it were cheaper), but it's another thing entirely to whine that it's "unfair to fans" as if LEGO owes you every possible experience they have to offer just for being a fan.

Sorry, my bad, I accidentally deleted some of my text. I meant to say that it was unfair to have this exclusive mask in the inside tour because from a promoting Bionicle standpoint it defeats the purpose. I definitely don't think they shouldn't do the tour. I do think it should be cheaper, because it sucks that it's so expensive, but of course it's better to do it like this then not at all.

But Jesus, I'm sick of your condescending rude attitude. I don't know whether to laugh or cry to someone who takes pleasure from talking down to people on the internet over something as trivial as a toy line. Why don't you keep your hostile attitude to yourself and make this board a more positive place like all you Lego apologetics always claim?

I sincerely apologize. I try not to be condescending OR rude in my posts, and it upsets me to know that you think that of me, though in this particular case it's easy to see that I WAS really rude about it. Sometimes when I read a post that sounds particularly selfish or irrational it is difficult to keep my disdain in check, and your post (which I'm glad to learn I misinterpreted) sounded both selfish AND irrational to me. Plus, my mounting frustrations with similar complaints about exclusives (which happen year after year) got the better of me.

I hope you will forgive me for lashing out at you so rudely, and for my part I will try to be more mindful of the time of my posts and not letting my attitude get the better of me.

• Upvote 3

Truthfully I think exclusives should be limited, but done in a way that MANY people have a chance to get them, and I don't mean fans. Something where these are given out free to random kids in some way/shape/form. Promoting the line with exclusive masks like these would be a lot better than giving them to a bunch of grown men and women attending an event. Chances are they already know about BIONICLE and have chosen whether or not they want to be invested in it. :P

It shouldn't come as any surprise that I would be disappointed by this distribution method, particularly given it being this mask. Since it means a complete set of transparent ones cannot be readily acquired (yeah yeah most are half gold - still close enough and you get my point).

So I will definitely be hoping to see it release in some other capacity as well. SDCC perhaps? It wouldn't rectify the underlying issue, but at least there would be more out there.

~|ET|~

Edited by Ektris

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Hi there! I'm the dude who originally posted the mask on tumblr. Thanks for everything you've said, it's awesome :) I've seen so many people getting upset about not being able to get the mask, and you know what, that's fine! I'd probably do the same :P But this is my first Lego exclusive, the first really special/limited Lego thing I've gotten, and I guess I'd be pretty sad if it was suddenly a common thing, though I wish I could share it with everyone here. No matter what, if there was never a chance of me having got to go on the tour, I'd never wish for it to stop existing. I hope everyone here has an amazing day! (BTW, I will confirm it's me on my tumblr blog)

• Upvote 2
I discovered the Transblue G2 KauKau!

Hi there! I'm the dude who originally posted the mask on tumblr. Thanks for everything you've said, it's awesome :) I've seen so many people getting upset about not being able to get the mask, and you know what, that's fine! I'd probably do the same :P But this is my first Lego exclusive, the first really special/limited Lego thing I've gotten, and I guess I'd be pretty sad if it was suddenly a common thing, though I wish I could share it with everyone here. No matter what, if there was never a chance of me having got to go on the tour, I'd never wish for it to stop existing. I hope everyone here has an amazing day! (BTW, I will confirm it's me on my tumblr blog)

Can you please post more angles of the Jurassic World case with the "amber" in it?  I noticed that others can build it using mostly commonly available pieces, plus the white 2x2 tile from this polybag set, as well as this piece, and I think others might want to build it.

I'm new here. And I'm not sure how the site works nor am I familiar with the other members. I love bionicles and have been building them since they were first released and the new sets are why I'm here today. Can anyone help a guy out I'm not sure how to get started.

I'm new here. And I'm not sure how the site works nor am I familiar with the other members. I love bionicles and have been building them since they were first released and the new sets are why I'm here today. Can anyone help a guy out I'm not sure how to get started.

Hey, welcome to BZPower! Simply go to the reference desk and go through the rules, that will help you out. Additionally, if you have questions, post them in the Q&A topic, there'll be members willing to answer any questions you have! :)

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

• 2 months later...