Where do these parts come from?

doodleloot

The trans bones come from the 2015 set protector of

earth.

That was my first thought too, but they actually come with the set in black.

Yeah sorry I thought so too, I'm really not sure then. Maybe they're from a superhero constraction set?

According to Bricklink they don't officially come with any set  :???:

Edited by doodleloot

Hail Denmark

Yeah, I have no idea. Best guess is that they're either a very, very good knockoff, or that they're prototypes that the MOCist somehow got ahold of. I can verify that there isn't a single set that features them in that color.

It'd certainly be nice if they were prototypes, since it could hint at a G2 Makuta set somewhere down the line...

EDIT: My brother's suggestion is extremely plausible and I never could have come up with it myself. That's probably more likely than anything else.

Edited by Lyichir
  • Upvote 3

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I believe the builder of that created the transparent bones himself by filing off the ends of the 5M bones from Protector of Earth. That's my best guess, anyway.

Woah, I didn't even think of that! Upon taking a closer look I managed to prove your idea too!

The bones have 3 little holes on either side of their balljoints, they aren't arranged in the same way on all bones though.

90612.jpg?2

90617.jpg?1

The 3M bone has the single hole on top, with two additional holes under it. Whereas the trans. purple bones that were included in the Protector of Earth set have the two holes on top, with the single hole underneath. If you look closely at the picture in my original post, you can see that the pattern matches that of the longer bone.

Guess I should've taken a closer look before jumping the gun on this one.

• Upvote 2

Hail Denmark

I believe the builder of that created the transparent bones himself by filing off the ends of the 5M bones from Protector of Earth. That's my best guess, anyway.

Whoever modded these pieces will have angered a lot of purists and they did a pretty good job modding those pieces, I don't see any filing marks on them.

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

oh wow if they made that, great job. They should totally make these parts

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell