Ahsoka Tano LEGO Dress at SDCC Worn by Ashley Eckstein

LEGO has had a strong presence at San Diego Comic Con for a while now, but I doubt anyone expected the bricks to show up at a fashion show. Ashley Eckstein, voice actress for Star Wars Rebels as Ahsoka Tano, hosted the SDCC Her Universe Fashion Show wearing a completely LEGO-made dress...of Ahsoka Tano. Designed by Nathan Sawaya and Andrew MacLaine, the dress used over 10,000 LEGO pieces! Check it out and be amazed.

View the full article

I was pretty amazed when I saw this! It's the kind of creative use of bricks that I wish more LEGO fans would dabble in. It's also REALLY fashionable. You wouldn't necessarily think of a dress with a big character graphic on it, let alone one made of LEGO, as being quite so stylish! By comparison a lot of the other outfits demoed at this fashion show were either very cosplay-ish and inspired by characters' actual costumes, or more symbolic.

One thing this article doesn't mention, though, is the sheer weight of the dress. From what I heard it's around 25 pounds, so it's probably a bit of a workout to wear and perhaps not very practical to wear for long stretches of time!

The dress looks incredible! The design is creative and it looks like she can actually walk in it. But how does she get it on and off? The dress is really form-fitting on her sides, so I can imagine it isn't an easy process.

I recall reading something a long time ago about using Lego pieces to make clothes. Its cool to see someone wear clothing like this, especially at Comic-Con. 

I've also seen wearable Spartan armor from Halo made out of LEGO bricks. However, it was just the plating and not the undersuit.

mindeth the cobwebs

The dress looks incredible! The design is creative and it looks like she can actually walk in it. But how does she get it on and off? The dress is really form-fitting on her sides, so I can imagine it isn't an easy process.

It could be that it snaps together in the back somehow. And of course, as the host of a fashion show like this I'm sure she had people to help her get ready.

I saw some pictures of that, and thought it looked cool and Lego-ish, but didn't realized it was actual Lego.  Pretty awesome.

Granted, the article is slightly off, since this is not the first Lego dress ever made... But still, quite amazing.

:music:

It could be that it snaps together in the back somehow. And of course, as the host of a fashion show like this I'm sure she had people to help her get ready.
Considering the dress is LEGO, I find your theory plausible. And of course she would have help, but I imagine the helpers probably had their work cut out for them. :D

mindeth the cobwebs