Gavla's Comics: The End

Gavla

That's exactly correct.The only difference is the green Makuta was trying to send Vakama on a path to MG. Though ironically that worked anyway.Originally she was going to alert both Tahu and Gali. Though I lack the needed Nuva Sprites.

lovewarconga2.png

AVID: Comic 15How Crystals Work: MG's /element/ is Crystal. When the target has blueish stuff around them that means they are being crystallized. The blue is crystal energy.The crystal grows on the target, much like how Crystals grow in real life. This process can be fast or slow. He usually makes it go fast when he's dealing with a large group of people.He can make Crystal beings come alive again to serve him.He can crystallized the landscape if needed.He's also both right and left handed.

lovewarconga2.png

AVID: Comic 16You guys really seem to like when Death talks.This is.. sort of filler material since I lack sprites for the Nuva. I'll look again tonight but if I can't find any.. well it'll be a shame. I had a very well thought fight planned for them and MG.Gavla is the first, and only being Death has ever talked with.

lovewarconga2.png

AVID: Comic 17I hit another error. I finally decided how I could go ahead and make a fight between MG and the Nuva.Which you may be able to piece together what that will be if you study this comic.However, the sheets needed for this new idea.. don't exist. So I'm stuck at another error.However.. I do have a backup plan! I have special custom Toa sprites a good friend of mine gave me. If I find them we will continue with battles tomorrow.Till that day, enjoy.

lovewarconga2.png

I find an error in Pohatu... And Onua...They appear to lack the shortness like they should...Oh well.But why does MG need the Vahi?To make it easier for him to crystalize life? But even if that's the case, it's like physically impossible for a person to wear that mask because of the strain that the user must endure...

Dude I am literally just a fart

More soon maybe?

We'll see...

...your mother ...

Oh... I see mg's plan now.editL I think Edited by rahkshi guurahk

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

That Onua sprite is in the newest update to Chimoru Six Shade. (From Gerlicky!)So that's how he is standing in the kit, so I didn't make it. I had to make Pohatu from scratch. (In a sense, just re-color and put together) so sorry for any errors in his size.I had MG take the Vahi because I can't find full Nuva sheets in Six shade. I can't continue a battle without the needed resources. So he has the Vahi for a very.. specific reason.Which is actually more fun for me. Reminds me of when I would play with the old sets.Also keep in mind that MG is very old compared to the MU. So he already knows what the Vahi is. He had connections to the Makuta, and who exactly wanted a Vahi made? Also the last panels with him were made to show the strain between the mask and the one wearing it. Was a bit hard to do.AVID: Comic 18I really enjoyed this comic. I wanted to pack in some nostalgic flare from the old story line of Bionicle.Which is rather hard to do. I consider myself.. okay with GIMP effects, nothing perfect. Though that's my style. A mix.I know what some of you will say. That the Vahi can not do what it just did. You're right.Yet what can MG do? Crystallize some beings, telaport and such? Those are just a fraction of what he can do. We don't know what he is, or where he came from. He is not Bio-Mechanical.He is not natural. The product of a desire, turned into bitter rage and hate for every single thing that lives. His drive to live is to protect the only thing he views as perfection, the only thing that deserves to live. The one thing he could never be, or was meant to be.A child.

lovewarconga2.png

So he's Michael Jackson?Badum crashBut in all seriousness, I enjoy the revert-ination of the Nuva. I never liked the Nuva forms as much as the Mata.If MG is the product of desire, is he just a fragment of a bigger being from somewhere else?

More soon maybe?

We'll see...

AVID: Comic 19So get this.I couldn't think up a way for the fight to end. Well.. I could. I should say that I had a lot of issues planning out the actual fight for this comic. With Toa you can do so much more. You can pose them more, and they actually have powers and weapons.With MG, he can turn people into crystal or just bash them to death and other sorts of things. Mixing him and Toa together makes a problem. What problem? Having issues figuring out how he can kill them.I actually have twenty or so different outcomes of this fight! Even MG being sealed in crystallized protodermis! Like in the second movie. Of course he would of escaped.So I hope this comic is enough to satisfy.Edit: Dang, it uploaded at 12:00 Wednesday. Sorry about that, it's still yesterday's comic. Post takes a bit of time to actually post. Edited by Gavla

lovewarconga2.png

I have to say, I've really gotten into this saga. I was a bit weary at first, but it's gotten very interesting as time has gone on. The talks with Death has a lot of gravitas, and I love how Makuta Gavilan is just tearing through canon characters.I've started back up with reading this, and I'll probably check back up for more.

Boil is an excellent way to put it, friend.AVID: Comic 20Tahu was the first Nuva set I ever got, made sense he was the last to fight.Also makes sense since he was my least favorite Toa.I enjoyed the last five panels. I am very proud of myself.Also: The Crystal Beings (Toa, Matoran and such) are able to turn others into Crystal. This speeds up the crystallization process.Think of it like a remix of Midas Touch.

lovewarconga2.png

I like where you're going with this story arc/saga comic. The graphics are pleasing and the story is very well done. Its amazing what you've achieved so far with little to no dialogue. Although...There is one thing that really irks me. That being that the body language of Tahu (Depicting his eyes as seen in recent comic) don't really match that well with his Bionicle canon style. His eyes show worry or fear which is really odd for him as a character. I assume most people would show fear if about to be faced with possible death, but still... Normally when hes in a desperate situation he isn't normally worried, he just gets more enraged. That is what his normal personality I think is based on the books/storyline (Haven't read any of the 2008 books yet so I'm not sure if his personality changed whatsoever). Although since this comic series along with others take place in a different dimension I'll assume that the character's personalities were used to fit the comic's mood. Still... It just irks me...Either way, keep up the good work,~Soran

soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

Actually no. I have always set my comics in the canon dimension so I could properly time things.As for the eyes, it's not that big of an issue. I myself have read all the books. I own each of them. Yet not even I can remember everyone's exact personality. Most of all with eyes.Second, the whole point of AVID is killing everything and learning why it's happening.. The way an eye looks doesn't matter when you KNOW that character is going to die. He just watched his entire team fall by one being.To make AVID interesting I have to add in interesting scenes in which MG kills. Plus the Void segments to really make you fellows question.Third: I never used/liked the Toa Mata/Nuva before. So my know how on how they act is limited to mask powers and eye colors.Edit: Also- Sprites have very different eyes. It's a bit difficult to convey true emotion with them. Add the fact that these sprites are slightly enlarged for the panels and it becomes somewhat difficult and eats up a lot of time. I spent close to 16 hours on Comic 20.

Edited by Gavla

lovewarconga2.png

Interesting Comic. I really love how he can control anyone he turned into a crystal (Or something to that effect.) I really like all the points Death is bringing up. I think he actually is my favorite character now. He seems very wise and creepy... He brings up good points. I'm also really interested in Gavla's parents. I think that itself should also be a saga/story arc thingy majig if you haven't done so yet already. Anyway nice job on the comics and keep up the good work,~SoranPS: That character in the 10th panel looks like me...

Edited by Soran
soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

Soran, it probably is.Some might see Death as a deep character. Really, he just answers questions with more questions because he might not know the answer himself.So, I am beginning to see Death as more sadistic when he said "Don't you miss Mommy?"

More soon maybe?

We'll see...

Or maybe Death handles things the same way a teacher would.The student asks for the answer, the teacher says to solve it themselves first.Edit-Also, keep in mind. This is Death. A being that excels over everything. Gavla is in it's territory, acting as Death's peasant.You really can't argue with a being that just doesn't care. However, Death can be anything you want. Or seen anyway you want.Some might see it as a trickster, or a wise being with all the answers. It's all of those and more, since we all see it as something different.

Edited by Gavla

lovewarconga2.png

Or maybe Death handles things the same way a teacher would.The student asks for the answer, the teacher says to solve it themselves first.Edit-Also, keep in mind. This is Death. A being that excels over everything. Gavla is in it's territory, acting as Death's peasant.You really can't argue with a being that just doesn't care. However, Death can be anything you want. Or seen anyway you want.Some might see it as a trickster, or a wise being with all the answers. It's all of those and more, since we all see it as something different.

So Gav wants to be reminded of his deceased mother and seemingly taunted by it?Death just seems to taunt Gav by showing him the death of his world. And why was Gav picked to be the muscle?But Death still seems to treat Gav with some importance, as Gav can move, and Death is showing him the fate of the universe....And I forget you are the creator and you are right as it is your plot.

More soon maybe?

We'll see...

Some people need to learn through examples, or with some form of force. Gavla, as an example, is incredibly stupid in some cases. He's a loner, preferring to be alone and such. Which is probably why he and Chilly have a very awkward relationship.If you re-read the old sagas and comics (even though I no longer consider them canon) you learn that after his mother died, his father basically left him. It's similar to how MG and his own Creator ended their "relationship". Which again leads into why MG could never be a child. Second, Gavla has always wanted to know what happened with his mother. Why she died, and who killed her. For a long time the blame was put on him. Now that he's in the place the dead go.. well he could see her. As Death said. Yet he now puts MG as top priority.Second, Death knows that Gavla doesn't understand any of this. He never knew how important his own life was. A life cut short by Cahli thanks to money. Gavla was picked because he and MG are actually very similar in some regards. One being their relationships with creators, and for other things. Which is why I consider MG as Gavla's Shadow.Third, he is important. He's the first being Death has ever talked to. Death wants Gavla to see the end of the universe because guess what. It's all Gavla's fault.You can't blame the beast. You can only blame the weak cage it was sealed in.AVID: Comic 22

lovewarconga2.png

Some people need to learn through examples, or with some form of force. Gavla, as an example, is incredibly stupid in some cases. He's a loner, preferring to be alone and such. Which is probably why he and Chilly have a very awkward relationship.If you re-read the old sagas and comics (even though I no longer consider them canon) you learn that after his mother died, his father basically left him. It's similar to how MG and his own Creator ended their "relationship". Which again leads into why MG could never be a child. Second, Gavla has always wanted to know what happened with his mother. Why she died, and who killed her. For a long time the blame was put on him. Now that he's in the place the dead go.. well he could see her. As Death said. Yet he now puts MG as top priority.Second, Death knows that Gavla doesn't understand any of this. He never knew how important his own life was. A life cut short by Cahli thanks to money. Gavla was picked because he and MG are actually very similar in some regards. One being their relationships with creators, and for other things. Which is why I consider MG as Gavla's Shadow.Third, he is important. He's the first being Death has ever talked to. Death wants Gavla to see the end of the universe because guess what. It's all Gavla's fault.You can't blame the beast. You can only blame the weak cage it was sealed in.AVID: Comic 22

It's Gavla's fault because he got killed?And I understand loners quite well. Believe me.I avoid people because I can't talk to them.I assume Gavla avoids people because of his past, and he feels abandoned because of his childhood, and so far, a good portion of the characters here sorta... exploit him. Brandon was a narcissistic angry shell, Cahli is a cold blooded killer who cares nothing about social relationships, Chilly is Chilly (She seems awkward as well, but for separate reasons), Mole never talked (I do understand not by his choice), and Siika (if I got it right. She hasn't had a lasting impression on me, so I can't remember her name) just sorta... appeared.Not a single character has really tried to help Gavla, so Gavla just distanced himself. No one ever tried to reach out to him, so he never did either. Correct?And you can blame the beast. You can also blame the weak cage. But neither are TRUELY correct. The blame goes to the Maker of the Cage and the Captor of the Beast. So, it all sorta loops back to Death.I see nothing wrong with Gavla. He has his way of doing things. Had MG never been sealed inside him, he would have never really impacted anyone. Just did as he pleased, and let people do the same.So, O Great Comic Maker, why does thou blame the cage when the cage could do nothing about it? Edited by Chath

More soon maybe?

We'll see...

Because Death was never a part of the cage, or the beast.Ask yourself, how did Gavla get cloned? We established in the (only) canon saga (Revenge of the Gavlas) that there are Nine Clones of Gavla. Who made them, and how did they get made?The mental strain on his mind made him weak enough for MG to be placed. Yet not by the hands of Death itself.Yes, MG is Death's Scythe. He provides the dead for Death to collect.Yes, Gavla is Death's muscle as his death set in motion the events.Yet Death itself never did anything. It watched as MG was made, as Gavla was born. Knowing fate would stick them together like a picture on a wall.Also, it's Sika. Not Siika.I know some of this will be confusing, and that's really the whole point. Yet it will be addressed slowly. I still have a lot of AVID left to make.

Edited by Gavla

lovewarconga2.png

Okay. Death is not the culprit.Wait, Gavla to collect? Is... Wait... Confused...Well, either way, someone made the strained the Cage to place the Beast.Not the Cage's fault. In my opinion.And back to my previous comment, I am still confused no matter how I look at "For Gavla to Collect", so I'll just sit down, shut up, and enjoy the show.

More soon maybe?

We'll see...

Impressive. You make me feel less intelligent every explanation you make. Another silent comic. I think the silent ones are my favorite as well as the most confusing to some degrees. It looks like they injected something into that Holder... Device... Thing (its name escapes me). I am am anticipating the next comic in hopes of more explanations.~Soran(Question: In the 17th panel it looks like the Olmak wearing makuta was reaching out for something. Was it the other makuta or something else? Then again it also looks like he was just out stretching his hand...)

I meant to type "for Death to collect." Not Gavla.I had a slip of the mind when the comment was being made.

That could have been the ultimate twist.You shoulda left it as it was, just to mess with us :PThink about it, Gavla is actually Death. Death just fragmented him out of his mind to have a social interaction. The void is the actual world, and the 'universe' is Death's mind. MG is just bringing these personas to life.

More soon maybe?

We'll see...

Impressive. You make me feel less intelligent every explanation you make. Another silent comic. I think the silent ones are my favorite as well as the most confusing to some degrees. It looks like they injected something into that Holder... Device... Thing (its name escapes me). I am am anticipating the next comic in hopes of more explanations.~Soran(Question: In the 17th panel it looks like the Olmak wearing makuta was reaching out for something. Was it the other makuta or something else? Then again it also looks like he was just out stretching his hand...)

It's hard to see, but he was pushing her/teleporting her to safety. Notice that she is masked in his type of teleport effect.

I meant to type "for Death to collect." Not Gavla.I had a slip of the mind when the comment was being made.

That could have been the ultimate twist.You shoulda left it as it was, just to mess with us :PThink about it, Gavla is actually Death. Death just fragmented him out of his mind to have a social interaction. The void is the actual world, and the 'universe' is Death's mind. MG is just bringing these personas to life.
That was actually a part of the plot. I had originally planned for Death to pick Gavla to replace it. Since Gavla is sort of /alive/ in the Void like Death sort of is.Yet that became too confusing for even me. MG and his anger is very real, as is the danger. That and it just felt odd to replace Death with something that doesn't understand it.There is a small bit of plot between Gavla and Death though. Nothing big or anything, just a very small bit of detail. Which I won't tell anyone till much later. That's for another Saga.

lovewarconga2.png

It's hard to see, but he was pushing her/teleporting her to safety. Notice that she is masked in his type of teleport effect.

That was actually a part of the plot. I had originally planned for Death to pick Gavla to replace it. Since Gavla is sort of /alive/ in the Void like Death sort of is.Yet that became too confusing for even me. MG and his anger is very real, as is the danger. That and it just felt odd to replace Death with something that doesn't understand it.There is a small bit of plot between Gavla and Death though. Nothing big or anything, just a very small bit of detail. Which I won't tell anyone till much later. That's for another Saga.
Now Gav, don't hint at something. That's like dropping a single small sliver of meat in a piranha tank.It tastes good, but it is not satisfying.

More soon maybe?

We'll see...