• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

LEGO Reveals 10260 Downtown Diner

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Hapori Tohu

Hapori Tohu
  • None
  • Heart of BZPower

• 16-July 01
  • 3,688 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 29 2017 - 11:00 AM

Today LEGO is announcing the latest set in their Creator Expert Modular Building series. Check out the 10260 Downtown Diner, a model that looks like it's plucked right out of the 1950s with some classic architectural details and awesome interiors. Also, for the first time the minifigures in a modular building don't just have smiley faces! To see all of the images and read the full press release, continue on!

View the full article

#2 Offline Toa of Pi

Toa of Pi
  • BioniLUG Member
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 14-March 04
  • 1,397 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 29 2017 - 12:20 PM

I've been waiting for the new modular to be announced!  I finally started getting into this line this year, so I'm quite excited.  The overall design looks nice, but I'm slightly perplexed by the different floors (The main thing is a diner, but it also has a gym and a recording studio in it?). 

I love that the star tiles from the Palace Cinema sidewalk are now being used as wall decorations.

I'll probably wait for a double VIP day (unless there's a good promotion when it first comes out), but I shall definitely be picking this one up.

Edited by Toa of Pi, Nov 29 2017 - 12:22 PM.

#3 Offline Basserman

Basserman
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • Chugger of all that is Icy

• 03-October 08
  • 764 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 29 2017 - 01:15 PM

Hmm...I'm not sure about the change away from the smiley faces. I liked the modulars as some of the few sets that still used them.

#4 Offline Lyichir

Lyichir
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • A Chir Brother

• 21-March 06
  • 4,492 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 29 2017 - 03:58 PM

Love this set! Between the diner, boxing gym, and radio station, there are so many great subjects and techniques at play. And this set is so far the best showcase of teal coming back in a big way, with plenty of detail elements as well as basic bricks being released (or in some cases, re-released) in that color.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence
Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users