• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Glatorian Head

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Miru577

Miru577
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 26-July 17
  • 67 posts

Posted Dec 30 2017 - 10:01 AM

After bionicle ended and hero factory started in 2011, they re-used the glatorian head. At this time, they still had the really weak joints. They used the head again in the breakout series, at this time they had improved joints that were stronger, but still had the weak joint on the head. Do you think they should of used the 2.0 heads or just made a new mold entirely? if they used the 2.0 heads, we would've gotten a rocka 2.0 helmet.

CORRECT ME IF I'M CANONLY INCORRECT

WIPUVUw.jpgI will come for you, I will find you, AND I WILL Correct that post you made, its the mask of shadows, not the mask of darkness, loser

#2 Offline Disciple

Disciple
  • Members
  • Mata Nuian Protector Nuva

• 12-August 03
  • 1,733 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 31 2017 - 12:48 AM

Yeah, a re-molded Glatorian head with strong joints would have been nice. I've broken so many of those dang things.

Also, would've been cool to get that piece in more colors. A trans-purple head would have been tiiight.  :drooling: 

#3 Offline Lenny7092

Lenny7092
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 04-September 09
  • 1,129 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 31 2017 - 08:03 PM

You know, good point. We would have have the 2.0 heads, plus new 2.0 helmets that look like the 1.0 helmets. We could get 2.0 versions of Bulk’s, Stringer’s, and Rocka’s 1.0 helmets.:)

I like the dark green color of Rocka’s Breakout head, anyway.:)

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

#4 Offline Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Reporters
  • Another Chir Brother

• 04-September 06
  • 6,613 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Jan 01 2018 - 01:39 PM

I honestly would've liked if they'd redesigned the Glatorian head with a stronger joint, the same way as they did with Toxic Reapa's feet in later production runs.

A totally new head or continuing to use the 2.0 heads could have also been cool, but that might've reduced the ability to reuse the characters' original helmets, which I thought was a really good call with that particular series.

#5 Offline Miru577

Miru577
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 26-July 17
  • 67 posts

Posted Jan 02 2018 - 11:41 AM

I honestly would've liked if they'd redesigned the Glatorian head with a stronger joint, the same way as they did with Toxic Reapa's feet in later production runs.

A totally new head or continuing to use the 2.0 heads could have also been cool, but that might've reduced the ability to reuse the characters' original helmets, which I thought was a really good call with that particular series.

I never noticed the feet were remade

CORRECT ME IF I'M CANONLY INCORRECT

WIPUVUw.jpgI will come for you, I will find you, AND I WILL Correct that post you made, its the mask of shadows, not the mask of darkness, loser

#6 Offline Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Reporters
  • Another Chir Brother

• 04-September 06
  • 6,613 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Jan 04 2018 - 11:39 AM

I never noticed the feet were remade

The first batch of sets just used the old feet, but some later batches had new ones! I'm kind of disappointed the copy of the set I got only had the old ones. Here is the new version on BrickLink.

It's kind of a bummer that after going to the trouble of remolding them, they didn't end up using the new versions on any other sets…

#7 Offline Takanuinuva

Takanuinuva
  • Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

• 11-January 07
  • 726 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 11 2018 - 01:35 PM

Technically speaking we did get a stronger version with the Brain Attack wave. Just without the facial features.

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

Even when things look there worst. And the shadow of evil is upon us. Remember that as long as we hope for the best. Light will appear and overcome the darkness.

Please check out my projects on Lego Ideas.9.gif
https://ideas.lego.c...kstein/projects

3DS Friend Code- 0216-0827-9119

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users