Jump to content

  • Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Pokémon: Rise Of The Rockets

RPG Pokémon

  • Please log in to reply
10381 replies to this topic

#7001 Offline Flipz

Flipz
  • Members
  • Tohunga

  • 16-June 12
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 06 2015 - 03:08 PM

IC: Palmer/Natalie
"You're right, you can't do anything to help that Rocket agent now," Palmer said, following a few paces behind Ryan. "But your remorse -- that shows that you're better than Hannah's army. Don't take it for granted."
 
As Ryan approached the emergency room door, the Chansey at the desk quickly moved in his way, giving him the same stern look she'd given the Furret. She motioned for him to sit back down.
 
Ryan was about to turn away when the door burst open. The Chansey cried out in surprise as Shannon pushed her aside, nearly crashing into Ryan. "Stop!" the nurse cried out. "You need to rest!"
 
"What I need to do is talk to Hannah," Shannon said, moving to push Ryan out of her way. Her shoulder had been bandaged, but she still looked a little worse for wear. "That's the only thing that will put an end to this madness!"
 
"Maybe, but overexerting yourself will rip open your bandages!" the nurse cried. "Your body needs time to heal."
 
"While the rest of Celadon gets destroyed?" Shannon shot back, tears beginning to well up in her eyes. "I have to do this. I'm the only one who can stop her!" She turned away from the nurse, finding herself face to face with Ryan. "Out of my way, Hikari!"

 
 

-==IC: Ryan==-

Ryan stayed quiet in reaction to Palmer's response. Even if it were the truth, Ryan didn't believe it at that moment. Palmer didn't know what he had done only six months before, after all; how could he? But, at that moment, the door opened to an annoyed and teary-eyed Shannon. Ryan waited there, as she argued with the nurse, until she turned back around to face him.

Ryan was about to open his mouth to agree with the nurse; Shannon looked a bit better, but definitely not in the best of conditions at that moment. However, he remembered what he had said when he convinced her to head to the Pokemon Center, and closed his eyes for a moment. "Alright then." Ryan said, as he began to step out of the way, and then fall into step alongside Shannon. "But; I'm coming with you, because I have things to discuss with Hannah as well." Ryan said, as he frowned slightly. This wasn't going to redeem him. But he was not just going to let this slide, at all.


IC: Amelia
With Shannon having already forced her way out of the nurses' clutches, the similarly-stubborn Amelia fared far worse now that the nurses could focus their attention onto a single patient...not to mention the severity of her injuries keeping her weakened. Still, unlike Shannon, the spy had already been in peak physical condition prior to the battle, and it was perhaps this strength that allowed the bandage-laden woman to force her way to the front...just in time to watch Ryan and Shannon leave. Amelia swore.

"Oh-for-two..." she muttered darkly, glancing around the crowded Center for a few moments before spotting Sina, still unhealed. The Trainer dropped a hand to her belt pouch to find Crowe's Pokéball still there as well, similarly untouched. She scowled. "Any of you want to tell me why my Pokémon aren't healed already?" she complained loudly, retreating Sina and slamming both her and Crowe's balls onto a tray. "I would like to get back to the fight some time this century." Perhaps having realized the futility of forcing Amelia into the back again, one of the nurses quickly took the tray, while two more focused on properly fastening the bandages that now wrapped the woman's arms and legs. The spy sighed, but grudgingly allowed the medics to continue their work, even as one of them slathered celadon-green Rawst paste upon her burn-blistered cheek and nose.

Edited by Flipz, Mar 06 2015 - 03:16 PM.

  • 0
 

Me: *has idea*
Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."
--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK
3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

#7002 Offline Konuju

Konuju
  • Members
  • Seeker

  • 13-December 07
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 07 2015 - 12:50 AM

IC: Shannon

"Come if you want," Shannon said without looking back at Ryan as she headed toward the door. "But when I'm talking with Hannah, don't interfere. According to you, I'm the reason she's here in the first place. That means I need to be the one to talk with her. After all, I'm her friend. You'd just be getting in the way." Her voice wavered as she paused, blinking back her tears.

 

Her Furret scampered over to her side and nuzzled against her leg, expressing both her joy at seeing her trainer feeling better, and her sadness at the situation Shannon was going through.

 

Shannon managed a small smile as she knelt down to pet her Pokémon affectionately. "I'm sorry, Selena. I didn't mean to make you worry. Now let's get going." Her smile faded as she stood back up, feeling the weight of the situation pressing down on her once more. "We've got an army to stop -- and an old friend to meet." With bittersweet resolve, Shannon stepped back onto the streets of Celadon, Selena at her feet.

 

A cloud of dust and ash seemed to join the cloud of snow that covered the sky. But unlike the snow, this cloud didn't come from the heavens. It rose into the sky from the city itself, the result of all the attacks the Rockets rained down on them. It took Shannon a moment to catch her breath. She instinctively raised a hand to her shoulder as an Ice Beam shattered a lamppost at the far end of the street. The winter weather seemed to chill her to the very core. She felt like she was standing there petrified for an eternity, but in reality it was only a few seconds. Then she forced herself forward, walking as briskly as she could without slipping on the icy streets.

 

IC: Palmer/Natalie

"Please tell me she's not going back out there!" Natalie cried, pointing an accusatory finger at Amelia. "Not after what her Sneasel--"

 

"Natalie," Palmer said. His voice was stern, but not unkind. "We have more important things to worry about."

 

"No!" the waitress cried. One of the Chansey approached her, carrying a tray that held the Fletchinder's Pokéball. Natalie took the capsule and thrust it under Amelia's Rawst-covered nose. "This poor Pokémon is now trainerless because of you!" she said fiercely. "Three of its teammates are in a similar situation. Its other two friends are dead!" Her voice shook as she glared at the spy. "I've half a mind to send this Fletchinder out right now and let it exact its revenge for what you've done. But I know that wouldn't be right. So instead I'll just tell it like it is. I don't care who you think you are; what you did was nothing short of murder!"


  • 0
Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama
2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu
2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta
2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama
2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama
2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka
2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli
2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation
2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui
2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui
2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

#7003 Offline Flipz

Flipz
  • Members
  • Tohunga

  • 16-June 12
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 07 2015 - 01:12 AM

IC: Amelia
Amelia stared blankly at the waitress, unable to assess the other woman's motives. Finally she looked away from the red-and-white sphere under her nose to address the room at large. "Anyone want to fill me in on what in blazes she's talking about?"

One of the nurses, a small, mousy thing, moved from wrapping Amelia's right arm to wrapping her leg, in her haste accidentally rubbing the fabric of the bandage over Amelia's burned, blistered thigh. The spy jerked away with a curse and an insult. "Watch it!" she snarled.

"Oh! I'm so sorry!" the nurse fumbled for a filled syringe from a cart pushed over by a Chansey. "Perhaps some painkillers would--"

Amelia stared death into the nurse's face, the picture of hatred itself. "Put that in me, and I. Will Personally. Guarantee. You never. Work. Again. Got it?"

"Yes ma'am!" the frightened nursed blurted, practically running away into the back hallway as she quailed under Amelia's black gaze.

Amelia looked back to Palmer, her expression somewhat softened but still distrustful--though, all things considered, less so than she'd been towards anyone else in the room. "Well?" she asked expectantly.

  • 0
 

Me: *has idea*
Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."
--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK
3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

#7004 Offline Blessed Blade

Blessed Blade
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Literally Papika

  • 11-August 07
  • 8,066 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Mar 07 2015 - 02:04 AM

OOC: Stacy's team: Malamar, Armaldo, Seviper, Haxorus, Diggersby, Archeops.

-==IC: Stacy==-

Stacy frowned, as they reached the roof, and much closer to all the action. A couple of the citizens stayed back, as the woman thought for a moment, as she looked around. "I'll leave two Pokemon here; they should be able to help out." Stacy said, as she sent out her Archeops and Diggersby. "I'll be back after helping the others get to the other houses nearby." Stacy added, as she walked back toward the stairway back into the house, leading the other citizens out of the mansion.

As she continued to walk toward the next building, she glanced up with a frown to the sky. Will things ever get out of this cycle of fighting? Stacy wondered, as she knocked on the door to her neighbours house, hoping that they would be willing to allow the building to be borrowed.

-==IC: Ryan==-

Ryan frowned at Shannon's response, and headed for the door after her. Ryan knew that Shannon had been through a lot, and was likely feeling horrible; he didn't need any powers to be able to figure that one out. But, he had no clue what to even say at that moment; both because he figured that she wouldn't take his past well, and because he wasn't even sure what could be said.

Ryan smiled, as he noticed Shannon talk to the Furret, glad something seemed to be okay even then, and then followed along outside silently. He couldn't respond to her request to not do anything while they talked, because while he thought he could help out a bit with his own experiences... How could he even explain them to anyone? What had just happened, had just proved that if he admitted that he had messed up, people would probably just hate him for it. So he just kept quiet. And... She was right after all; all he knew was fighting. He would just be in the way.

  • 0

#7005 Offline Konuju

Konuju
  • Members
  • Seeker

  • 13-December 07
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 07 2015 - 04:02 AM

IC: Palmer/Natalie

Natalie blinked in confusion. "You mean you don't know what..."

 

As Palmer stared back at Amelia, he established his mental link with Cresselia. He pressed the Lunar Pokémon for her insight, repeating Natalie's question. Did this woman really not know what her Sneasel had done?

 

Her confusion seems genuine, Cresselia responded. I should also note that she seems incredibly distrusting of everyone but yourself.

 

Palmer mentally expressed his thanks, before giving Amelia a kind look. "This may come as quite a shock," he said. "But your Sneasel attacked that Rocket trainer's Pokémon, as well as the Rocket herself. But... it was far more than just an ordinary attack. Your Sneasel used lethal force -- it killed those Pokémon and their trainer."

 

"It killed them in cold blood!" Natalie cried. Other people in the Pokémon Center, who were not part of Palmer's group, overheard the conversation and stared at Amelia in surprise. "And as that Sneasel's trainer, you have to answer for its actions."

 

OOC: Jam with Blade

 

IC: Shannon/Ryan

Had it not been for the ice, Ryan would have had a much harder time catching up with Shannon. However, Shannon was unused to such wintery conditions, and she was forced to slow down to avoid slipping. And so it wasn't long before Ryan was walking alongside Shannon. The girl paused when they came to a particularly icy intersection, and looked over at Ryan. "Thank you. For getting me the medical attention I needed. And for protecting me." She knelt down and picked up Selena, who had curled up into a shivering ball against the cold. "I'm... I'm sorry about snapping at you earlier. That was uncalled for. We were never particularly good friends growing up, and we haven't seen each other in years... but it feels like you're the only one sticking up for me. The only one who realizes that we can solve this peacefully."

 

Ryan stared at the ground, a guilty look on his face. "...You're welcome," he said. He remained silent for a moment, before he continued. "But... I'm not sure how peaceful I can be considered, after what I've done. Even in bringing you to the Pokémon Center, I--"

 

"You did what had to be done," Shannon said kindly. "I know I said I didn't want to go, but you insisted on it. And for that... well, I don't put it lightly when I say that I owe you my life."

 

Ryan looked up, surprised by both her words and her tone. He thought about challenging what she'd said. And yet... it was the truth, wasn't it? Despite what had happened afterward, if he hadn't fought all out... then he wouldn't have been able to get Shannon to the Pokémon Center in time, right? Ryan relaxed slightly, nodding to Shannon.

 

"I... Thanks. You have a good point there," he said with a small, tentative smile. He was completely caught off guard by what she'd said about him sticking up for her. "Not sure if you actually heard his earlier, but..." Ryan mumbled. He hesitated, as if unsure whether or not to continue. "...I'm sorry I dragged you into all this. We'll make sure it all works out, but you got injured because of this and all." He gave her a slightly worried look, recalling how sad she had seemed at the thought of all this happening.

 

Shannon offered a wry smile. "If Hannah's really doing all this because of me, I would've gotten dragged in either way." She looked sadly down a ruined street. "At least this way I knew ahead of time."

 

Ryan nodded and smiled sadly. The smile wavered has he caught a glimpse of her bandaged shoulder. "How're you holding up?" he asked, recalling what the nurse had said. "Your shoulder, I mean. I don't think you'll want to be in pain while confronting Hannah, after all."

 

"I'm fine," Shannon said, placing a hand on the bandages. She closed her eyes with a sigh. "Well, okay. Maybe not completely fine, but it's a thousand times better than it was before. I can manage."


  • 0
Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama
2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu
2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta
2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama
2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama
2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka
2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli
2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation
2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui
2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui
2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

#7006 Offline Chroma Champion JiMing

Chroma Champion JiMing
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Battling Makuta!

  • 08-November 11
  • 546 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 07 2015 - 11:04 PM

IC: Outside the Olivine Garden

 

Roberts looked over with clear amusement at the resistance put forth by Zach and Olivia. Then a crack of a grin broke out on his face. Then he lowered his head. Then he snickered, which turned into a full-on laugh in short time. "Seriously?! Are you kidding me?! You think a pair of lovebirds is gonna stop me?!" the agent said incredulously, quickly taking a moment to catch his breath. "But really, don't you two worry your little heads, we'll find you two a nice, cozy prison cell where you can rot forever in for your insurrection..."
 

"That guy is getting on my nerves. Badly." Olivia muttered to Zach, reaching for the Pokeballs on her belt and sending out Dune to aid in the fight, all her combat-ready Pokemon out.

 

Greninja saw the Pikachu rushing him with a Volt Tackle, and waited until the electric mouse was close enough. Then the ninja frog spun and kicked right in front of himself, sending up an energy barrier, watching his opponent dive headfirst into the Mat Block. When Heather was rebounded, the Greninja utilized Shadow Sneak to appear on the other side of her and flipkicked in the location she was headed.......

 

Skarmory had taken two Aura Spheres already, and wasn't keen on being struck with yet another Fighting type move. So the metal bird filled the area around itself with the sound of grating metal, using Metal Sound in hopes of forcing Blade to stop in his tracks and allow for an Air Cutter in retaliation.

 

Cyndy's Eruption flew true while Mawile and Glalie were locked in combat with Toxin and Shade respectively. Despite the Typhlosion's best efforts, it was clear that her allies were just as much at risk as her enemies, and Robert's Pokemon picked up on that, quickly forcing the Toxicroak and Weavile back, aiming to get them to dodge right into the flames.

 

However, a purple glow lined both Toxin and Shade and to their surprise, were tossed to the side, leaving Mawile and Glalie to be struck by the Eruption. Amethyst had, for the briefest of moments, overcome the paralysis and used that to both save Olivia's other Pokemon and toss the Shadow Ball TM back to her trainer. After reaching out her hand to do so however, the Gardevoir grimaced and slumped over again, struggling to regain motor functions...

 

"A Typhlosion, huh?" Roberts muttered, leering straight at Cyndy... The Rocket Agent grabbed another Pokeball off his belt, and out came his Azumarill.

"Aqua Jet." he commanded, the Water-type obeying and made a beeline for Zach's Typhlosion with surprising speed, aiming to take her out before Robert's other Pokemon were fainted....

 

IC: Dahlia Seaton

The middle Seaton inhaled sharply when she saw the Ice Shard headed for them, only for Shade to save her, Erika, and the others from the attack. Dahlia exhaled sharply and turned back to Erika, and ran as fast as her two feet could carry her to where she and the rest were designated....

IC: Aspen Seaton

 

"Right, woo." Aspen said in a flat voice, not even bothering to sound at all entusiastic for what was to come. "Though, don't deny your emotional baggage, it'll just get you distracted..." he told Luke. "I know you love Madison, and you don't like how she's in love with Dack. Just.... Come to terms with it for now so we can focus on making it through this day, alright?"

 

IC: Jet

 

Attacks hammered him from all sides. There was no escape, and he was outnumbered and outmatched.

Or so they thought.

 

The Braviary's eyes snapped open when Hannah's Staraptor dove into his side. He was in pain but his strength was not all gone yet. Jet immediately went to prove that by snapping open his beak and restraining the Staraptor by its crest, and using another Tailwind to boost his speed. He dove into both Noivern and Charizard, swinging the Staraptor around wildly as a makeshift battering weapon, while indiscriminately lashing out with Crush Claws on the fire lizard, sonic bat-dragon, and fellow bird of prey.

IC: Lachina Adaon

 

The young Ranger watched for a moment as Paul took off, contemplating what was happening while her scarf continued to flutter while the wind blew through the ruined city.... 

 

Then Lachina turned to Drew and Alaina. There was a look, not of hatred or disgust, but it served as a sign she knew what they had done with Paul's wallet. But then she turned around to face Kiri instead, with a curious look on her face. 

"You say that Ellen girl tried to defend that city with your family members?" the Ranger asked curiously. "Mind if I asked for the full story?"


  • 0

#7007 Offline Blessed Blade

Blessed Blade
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Literally Papika

  • 11-August 07
  • 8,066 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Mar 08 2015 - 12:34 AM

OOC: Quick post to finish setting things up.

-==IC: Ryan==-

Ryan nodded, slightly amused at the fact that Shannon tried to play down the injury twice. "Good to hear." Ryan said, as the two continued to walk. Ryan closed his eyes for a moment, as he thought about what might happen. "I think you might be able to solve this, I really do. But... If it goes wrong, I can help out too." Ryan said, a determined frown on his face, as he looked forward, hoping that Dack hadn't already taken matters into his own hands.

OOC: More coming very soon, I swear I'm writing Lucia and Jenny ICs. ;-;

/EDIT: Finally Jenny's done. And it wasn't even a long IC. Most the time has been splitting focus on the others. =/

-==IC: Jenny==-

Jenny frowned slightly at everything that happened; nodding at the partial success of the unorthodox Bide. "We're just getting started." Jenny said, as she recalled her fainted Emboar and sent out her Chandelure, which twirled up into the air as flames swirled around her. As she reached the apex of her hover, she then noticed her target quickly. The Chandelure twirled in the air once again, and then quickly launched off a Heat Wave toward the Kricketune quickly, as the Pidove was knocked forward.

OOC:
Emboar: Fainted
Chandelure: Heat Wave > Kricketune

Edited by An/A Blade, Mar 08 2015 - 04:13 AM.

  • 0

#7008 Offline Konuju

Konuju
  • Members
  • Seeker

  • 13-December 07
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 08 2015 - 11:24 PM

IC: Luke

"What are you talking about?" Luke asked as they briskly walked down the streets. "Madison's my friend. Of course I'm worried about her. That doesn't mean I'm in love with her or anything."

 

"Guys," the woman who had been leading then toward the western gate said. "Hate to break up such a riveting conversation, but we've got company."

 

Sure enough, a squadron of men and women in Rocket uniform was marching steadily towards them. The man at the lead held up a badge. "This is Rocket Commander Raphael Ballard," he said. "And I'll only say this once: Get off the streets. Now."

 

"That's funny," Luke said with a grin. "I was about to say the same to you."

 

"Resistance," Ballard said as he sent out a Mawile. "Will be dealt with accordingly."

 

"Bring it," Luke cried as his Machoke stepped forward.

 

"I'll deal with this!" one of the Rockets in the army said, sending out a Meowstic. Ballard nodded with a devilish grin and sent his Mawile toward Aspen and the others.

 

IC: Madison

Madison's hair whipped in the wind as she instinctively ducked. The Flamethrower sailed far above her head, and even if it had been lower, she knew Stacy's Diggersby and Archeops would have protected her. In spite of that, she couldn't help but flinch. Even though most of the attacks missed her by a wide angle, given that they were directed towards the city below, Madison couldn't help but shudder. She knew it would only be a matter of time before someone in the army decided to target her directly.

 

That someone came in the form of a Hawlucha that sailed down from the clouds to deliver a Flying Press to Stacy's Archeops. Before the Archeops could react, the Hawlucha turned to Anzu and struck with a lightning-fast Aerial Ace.

 

"Anzu!" Madison cried out. "Ice Shard!" The Froslass tried to redirect her frozen attacks toward the bird, but the Hawlucha quickly ducked under the attack, sending the Ice Shards sailing towards the Archeops instead. "Look out!" Madison cried in warning to Stacy's Pokémon even as the Hawlucha rushed toward Anzu with X-Scissor. Anzu cried out as the attack sent her reeling.

 

IC: Shannon

As they walked, Shannon's lips curled up into a small smile. "Thank you," she said. "That means a lot. Although I honestly hope you don't have to--"

 

In that instant a hundred things seemed to happen at once. Shannon turned her head at a sudden motion against the solid wall on her right. A sharp wind kicked up -- a Twister -- that forced both Ryan and Selena back a few steps. Shannon opened her mouth to scream, but no sound came out as a leathery appendage wrapped around her, squeezing the air from her lungs and sending another spike of pain through her shoulder.

 

When Ryan and Selena could see again, a female Rocket agent stood before them. Next to her was a Dragalge, holding Shannon in its clutches. "One move and Miss Willows here gets injected with Toxic," the Rocket said. "Wright wants her alive. She didn't say anything about the condition she should be in. And if that wasn't enough to convince you..." With a sweep of a fin, the Dragalge spread a layer of Toxic Spikes on the ground between itself and Ryan.

 

Shannon struggled in vain against her bonds, but the Mock Kelp Pokémon held tight. And with her shoulder throbbing in pain at every movement she made, there was little she could do.

 

The Rocket, meanwhile, pulled out her Pokégear with a gleeful grin. "I must thank you for walking right into my hands," she said. "You might as well be gift wrapped! Oh, I am so lucky! Just think of the reward I'll get when Wright hears that I hand delivered her prize." The Rocket brought the Pokégear up to her ear. "Executive Wright! This is Agent Allison Kinsley. I've found her. I've found Shannon Willows!"

 

IC: Hannah

Hannah Wright clung to her Staraptor as the Braviary swung them both around. Her Staraptor took the opportunity to deliver a Close Combat before twisting out of the Braviary's grip, leaving the war eagle with a beak full of feathers. They were about to retaliate when Hannah's Pokégear rang. She flew to a higher altitude, leaving Charizard and Noivern to deal with the ferocious Braviary.

 

"Executive Wright!" cried the voice on the other end of the line. "This is Agent Allison Kinsley. I've found her. I've found Shannon Willows!"

 

"What?" Hannah cried. "Are you sure?"

 

"Positive," Allison replied. "She's with some guy and a Furret. I've got her captive though."

 

"What's your location?" Hannah demanded.

 

Meanwhile, the Noivern, having been further away, was able to barely evade the Braviary's Crush Claw. The Charizard was not so lucky, as it found itself trapped in the war eagle's death grip. With a roar, the fire lizard chomped down on the feathers at the Braviary's neck. Still biting, the Charizard unleashed a massive Fire Blast.

 

IC: Dack

Dack and Swellow would have flown right past had a massive Fire Blast suddenly lit up a nearby cloud. Unlike other attacks, this one was not directed towards the ground, but instead seemed to envelop the entire cloud in its glow. Struck by a sudden curiosity, Dack urged Swellow to turn and investigate.

 

The Snowpoint Trainer's eyes widened at the sight of a Charizard and a Braviary locked in what looked like a fight to the death. A Noivern hovered nearby, recovering its strength. And above the aerial combatants flew a Staraptor and an all-too-familiar trainer. "Hannah!" Dack cried as Swellow dove toward her with Brave Bird.

 

The Rocket Executive cursed and quickly urged her Staraptor out of the way of the attack. "Hate to cut our reunion short, but I've got an old friend who's just dying to meet me! Noivern! Charizard! Cover my tail!"

 

"Not so fast!" Dack cried. "Swellow, don't let her escape!"

 

Staraptor nosedived. Swellow followed. Noivern pursued Dack. And the Charizard tried to escape the Braviary's grip to protect its trainer from the latest threat. And so the small procession of Flying Types made their way down toward the streets of the city below.


  • 0
Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama
2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu
2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta
2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama
2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama
2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka
2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli
2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation
2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui
2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui
2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

#7009 Offline Blessed Blade

Blessed Blade
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Literally Papika

  • 11-August 07
  • 8,066 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Mar 09 2015 - 01:47 AM

-==IC: Ryan==-

"You cowardly little..." Ryan growled, as he clenched his fists, noticing the Toxic Spikes that were scattered around the field. Is it really impossible to do anything? Ryan thought, and glared at the Rocket. "Let her go now." Ryan said, as he didn't quite reach the level of anger as the previous fight, but was definitely coming close. Ryan was not about to let Shannon fall into the Rocket's hands like that; but despite having his four Pokemon, and one empty Pokeball with him, he couldn't do a thing.

"How about... no." Allison sneered as she pocketed her Pokegear. "I'm not letting her go until I hand-deliver her to Executive Wright. Oooh, I might even get a promotion from this!"

Ryan still was fuming at the situation, however, he closed his eyes while he attempted to keep calm. "Oh. Well, that's too bad." Ryan said, with a slight smile, as he began to chuckle a bit, even as he realized one little thing he had missed earlier.

"And why's that?" Allison asked, reaching for another Pokeball as she watched Ryan warily.

Ryan simply smiled, as a Psybeam came shooting quickly from behind. Ryan had five Pokeballs on him, when he had six Pokemon, a deadly fact that Allison could never have known. The missing Pokeball just so happened to belong to the Porygon-Z who had transferred from the PC at the Pokemon Center he had left it in, to the nearby ATM located behind Allison. The Porygon-Z had been searching for Ryan after being healed by the computer, and stumbled upon the mess that was going on here, and decided that an ambush was best, after analyzing the situation and the Dragalge's typing.

OOC:

Porygon-Z: (Sneak Attack) Psybeam > Dragalge + Trainer

-==IC: Zach/Blade/Heather==-

"Same." Zach whispered back, but then looked straight at Roberts in response. "I don't think you're right..." Zach said, as he frowned, slightly uncertain on whether he could actually back that up, but definitely willing to give it a shot. "Now we'll prove why!" Zach called out, a new determination on his face, as he reached for a Pokeball quickly.

Cyndy seemed surprised at the arrival of the Azumarill, and was about to try and counter it, because there was no time to dodge; however, it turned out that she didn't need to, as a flash from a Pokeball appeared, and Smugleaf shot his hands out, whipping up a Leaf Tornado to slow the Azumarill down enough to actually block the attack. In preparation of that, the Servine quickly prepared a Leaf Blade, and then moved to whirl around, ready to strike out with its energy and leaf coated tail.

Meanwhile, Blade was in a bit of trouble. The psychic Pokemon was forced to a knee from the sheer noise emanating from the Skarmory, and was relatively unable to dodge, until a bright flash appeared, which caused him to look away. The Gallade was battered away, but slowly stood to his feet, as a giggling Natu appeared on the Gallade's head. "Hope you didn't forget about meeeeee~" The Natu thought to Blade, who chuckled. The Natu hopped off, as she tilted her head toward the Skarmory.

"Hopefully it's confused. Try something!" Anna thought to Blade, as the Gallade nodded, and focused. Blade had seen the technique used before. It was a while ago, but it was something his clan back in Icefall Cave had occasionally used. Blade never had the power to do it, but with him recently learning how to focus the power of darkness around his sword blades... He was willing to give it a shot. Blade focused on his shadow, as it extended toward the Skarmory. Now or never. Blade thought, as he dove into the shadow, mentally shuddering at the feeling of that, as he appeared behind the Skarmory quickly. It was so unlike teleportation... Blade took a moment to regain his bearings, and then quickly struck out toward the Skarmory while the energy was still waiting to dissipate; not wanting to miss his chance to attack.

Heather squealed in surprised as she was sent flying, and then yelled out in pain as she was kicked away. However, the Pikachu recoiled in the air, and began to gather electricity around herself. As she did that, Heather focused most of the energy toward her tail, and gathered it into a ball. After it had been gathered enough, the Pikachu launched it off toward the Greninja quickly. However, there was still the problem of the Greninja being able to dodge it... And that's where Elsa came in. She appeared in the air behind the Greninja in a flash; and moved to punch the dark water Pokemon with an Ice Shard around her claws; dulled enough to not actively injure the Pokemon, but still enough to likely hurt. The main goal was still to launch the Greninja into the Electro Ball, however.

OOC: Battles:

Typhlosion: Swift > Azumarill + Glalie + Mawile
Servine: Leaf Tornado > Azumarill, Leaf Blade > Azumarill

Gallade: Shadow Sneak > Skarmory
Anna: Confuse Ray > Skarmory

Pikachu: Electro Ball > Greninja
Weavile: Ice Shard > Greninja

----

Updates:

Pikachu: Discharge > Electro Ball
Blade: Night Slash > Shadow Sneak

-==IC: Lucia==-

Lucia was surprised at everything, and was about to send out her Pokemon, when she felt a buzz in her jacket pocket. She pulled out her Pokegear and glanced at it for a moment, but then noticed that Jamie was already in the middle of responding to the message that was there. Lucia put the device back in her pocket, and focused on the battle in progress. Lucia quickly sent out her team, as she was reminded of the last times all her healers were out in one fight; back in Goldenrod, and back in Havoc. How I've grown even since then... Lucia thought, as she looked at the assembled Pokemon; her two more offensive Pokemon taking centre stage as everyone else just seemed more... confident, almost.

"Right then, let's get to this." Lucia said with a nod to her Pokemon, as they began to focus. Chansa focused, as she called out a soft chime that washed over the combined teams of James and Jamie, slowly beginning to heal their issues. She then looked over toward the Darmanitan and Magmortar, and began to Sing a melody, the waves of sound slowly flowing to the Pokemon that were charging up Solar Beams, even as a soft glow enveloped the normal type...

Baya quickly got to work, as she summoned a mystical barrier around Sylph to protect the Eevee from status harm, which was useful as the next moment, she sprinkled poisonous dust over the Heracross. The Bayleef had noticed Pelleas's reaction to the move that had been used on him in a previous fight, and decided to try and mimic that, after barking a quick explanation to the Heracross. Once that had been done, she set up a glowing light screen as well, to hopefully reduce the effect of special attacks on their side as well, as her body mimicked the glow...

Audinaga was mostly watching the battle and keeping to her typical pattern of healing, as she noticed Galahad having trouble with a speedy bird. Thinking quickly, she shot off a Heal Pulse toward Lucan, and then focused a Simple Beam on the offending Talonflame, taking a guess that it wasn't just natural speed, from run-ins with the bird in question before.

Then it was Gothara's turn. The psychic quickly focused, as she launched off a Psybeam at the Crobat that was attacking Lucan, knowing that the Ice Type would likely appreciate some backup there.

Finally, it came down to Claraga, otherwise known as Clara. The Clauncher looked around, and noticed a pesky Talonflame, who Audinaga was attempting to hit with a Simple Beam. The water type nodded, and launched off a Water Pulse at the opponent, taking care to try and not hit Galahad in the process, as she was hoping the hit might land and give the others a chance to turn things around.

But... That wasn't it for Lucia's team. Lucia smiled, as Baya and Chansa's glow strengthened. "Alright, end on a high note... Blissaga!" Lucia called out, as where the Chansey once stood, and without missing a beat, a new Blissey let loose a glass-shattering note that echoed across the field, directed at the same two who were targeted by its Sing attack.

Meanwhile, Baya's body began to shift as she became a magnificent Meganium. The Johto Starter smiled confidently, as she accepted her role more on the team, and set up a Reflect quickly, to continue boosting the team's defensive abilities.

OOC:

Battle:

Bayleef > Meganium: Safeguard > Sylph, Poison Powder > Pelleas, Light Screen, (Evolution), Reflect
Chansey > Blissey: Heal Bell > Allied teams, Sing > Darmanitan + Magmortar, (Evolution), Hyper Voice > Darmanitan + Magmortar
Clawitzer: Water Pulse > Talonflame
Gothorita: Psybeam > Crobat
Audino: Simple Beam > Talonflame, Heal Pulse > Lucan

----

Evolutions:

Species: Blissey
Nickname: Blissaga
Trainer: Lucia
Gender: Female
Appearance: There are no differences.
Personality: This Blissey seems much different than typical Blissey, preferring to fight more than others, much like Audinaga. However, it knows to heal more than Audinaga does, but that doesn't mean that is what actually happens.
Her personality has become more focused on healing, as she has grown to accept it more, along with the fact that her attack isn't that great. However, she still will attack directly when it is needed.
Ability: Healer
Specialty: Defense +++, Special Defense ++, Health +, Attack -, Special Attack -
Known Moves: Heal Pulse, Counter, Hyper Voice, Heal Bell(EGG), Softboiled, Aromatherapy

Double Edge > Counter, Sing > Hyper Voice

Species: Meganium
Nickname: Megan/Megana
Trainer: Lucia
Appearance: There are no differences.
Gender: Female
Personality: This Meganium is less battle orientated than most; however, it will still use it's status attacks to fight, since those are it's only actual attacks. Megan fights more now; however, is still more of a healer.
Ability: Leaf Guard
Specialty: Defense ++, Special Defense ++, Attack -, Special Attack -
Known Moves: Heal Pulse(EGG), Aromatherapy, Grasswhistle(EGG), Petal Blizzard, Light Screen, Reflect.

Safeguard > Reflect, Poison Powder > Petal Blizzard


Edited by An/A Blade, Mar 12 2015 - 01:59 PM.

  • 0

#7010 Offline Dr. Hidaka

Dr. Hidaka
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Stalwart Defender

  • 09-June 03
  • 459 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Mar 09 2015 - 10:55 AM

IC: Albero DeLargo, Fortree City

 

"Megahorn that Garchomp, Rhyperior.", Albero commanded, trying to ignore what was going on in his head. "Metagross, Light Screen. Swalot, Stockpile. Hariyama, Fake out on that Typholsion. Emboar, retaliate with Wild Charge on that Samurott. Snorlax, Gunk Shot on that Togekiss and do be sure to show them waht makes you so different.

 

Rhyperior took the Iron Head dead-on, not even wincing, thanks to his Rock Solid Ability. In response, he grabbed Garchomp, and bore his horn down onto him. The Flamethrower struck Metagross, charring the Iron Leg Pokemon's body. Feeling worse for wear, it conjured a wall of light to prevent such damage from happening again. After taking the Psybeam directed at him, Hariyama rushed towards Quil and clapped his hands onto his head, aiming to daze the Typholsion. In response to the incoming Razor Shell, Emboar rushed toward Samurott, body crackling with electric fury. Swalot, after being hit by the Thundershock, started to store energy to raise it's defenses. Snorlax dodged the Aura Sphere aimed at him with surprising speed. The Sleeping Pokemon then started firing streams of poisonous liquid into the treetops, aiming to knock Togie out of the air.

 

"My Snorlax is special for this reason.", Albero stated calmly, "Thanks to being influenced by my power, he moves like a Munchlax when it sees food. It's not quite as fast as I want, but it gets the job done."

 

OOC:

 

Metagross: Light Screen > Albero's team
Rhyperior: Megahorn > Garchomp
Hariyama: Fake Out > Quil
Swalot: Stockpile > Self
Emboar: Wild Charge > Samurott
Snorlax: Gunk Shot > Togie

 

IC: Evan Tierra

 

"We most certainly are.", Evan said in response to Jenny, "Vlad, use Tailwind, then follow up with a Swords Dance!"

 

Still clacking his pincers, Vlad spun gracefully in the air, creating a strong breeze as he did so. After spinning enough, the Gliscor swooped up higher and started dancing to the rhythm that echoed in his head, raising his physical strength. The Tailwind not only made the others' pokemon feel lighter and faster, but had the side effect of making Lurelite's Heat Wave accelerate towards Hayes' Kricketune.


  • 0

#7011 Offline Metal Gear Minun

Metal Gear Minun
  • Members
  • Scavenger Va

  • 31-July 03
  • 640 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 09 2015 - 10:21 PM

IC: Miriam – Chapel Meeting Room

 

The bureaucrat was afraid of that. Even with her powers, getting two Executive/General level Rockets was no easy task. Especially here on the mainland, where she did not know as many people as she did in the Orange Archipelago.

 

Afraid, but not unprepared.

 

“I would suggest an investigation of our technicians. The evidence by itself suggests foul play, with or without Executive Wright’s involvement, and would be well within your right to authorize such an investigation. I doubt she would have been able to manipulate the messages by herself, unless she also had hidden abilities with technology like with the case of an agent named James Arthur. If we can uncover her accomplice, it would make the later investigation much simpler. I can send you list along with copies of all the documents I have shown here.”

 

Miriam briefly thought back to her earlier exchange with the technician in charge of Celadon’s messages. Perhaps she should not have shown her cards so soon, but she would correct her mistake if that was the case.

 

“The technician in charge of Celadon’s messages is still of the greatest suspicion, but I believe a thorough investigation of all of them is necessary. At the very least, any technician assigned to incoming messages.”


Edited by Totally Colette; Not Minun, Mar 09 2015 - 10:21 PM.

  • 0

25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg


#7012 Offline Mangai-Hau

Mangai-Hau
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

  • 15-July 10
  • 5,204 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 09 2015 - 10:28 PM

IC: Cero couldn't identify the maw, but if its serrated edge was anything to go by, it was part of a Pokémon. That presented a mixed bag. He enjoyed learning about new Pokémon, and after all, he had come with the intent to catch one. They were a vital part of the world that he hoped to interact with more. However, he did not enjoy being lunch.

 

And he essentially was. Hindsight said the pit's steepness and the beast's presence here was no coincidence. This was his opponent's territory.

 

Cero had to make the opponent cede it.

 

He backpedaled into the other side of the pit, drawing the shadowed mouth away from the opposite slope. His lowered hand, meanwhile, flicked out Viajero's Pokeball. "Work Up, then Ice Fang."

 

The jagged mouth, which he realized belonged to a short and tophaceous body, paused at the words, looking to find the recipient. It didn't succeed until one very Worked-Up Lillipup's frigid teeth slammed into its back. Its beady eyes narrowed, yet gleamed haughtily as it simply Quick Attacked into the trap's side, smashing Viajero in turn. Before the dazed canine could respond, the ant-lion Bit down. The pup was almost engulfed by its mandibles.

 

Cero foresaw nothing good from that position. Back to the wall and front trapped inside the body of another creature, Viajero could just be bashed into the sand until unconscious without one reply--there were no moves that would allow him escape, or that could be used inside the creature with Viajero's tiny reach.

 

It was almost reminiscent of Kyle's Fraxure versus Aridez. A Pokémon that dwarfed its foe bit the enemy, trying to immobilize and finish it off. Except Kyle had an escape via a counter, Reversal...

 

When it came to Cero, he smacked himself.

 

"Reversal."

 

The Lillipup, no longer dazed but certainly helpless to avoid the blows or counterattack, suddenly erupted with force. Its spine arched into his enemy's jaw. The Aridez-lookalike was also forced to let go, though unlike Aridez, it did not seem to have heart left in the fight. Cero sacculated the beast in another ball soon enough.

 

He bent down and petted the panting dog, letting the canine tongue rub his hand. "Good work, Viajero." At this point, Viajero had been with him practically as long as Buitre, he reflected. And the Lillipup's performance had been good for his size. He deserved the praise.

 

Still scratching behind the pup's ears, he moved senses other than touch to his environment. A great series of chirps began and soon cascaded toward him, and as he watched, scores of bat Pokémon flooded the sky. He frowned. Even he knew it was early in the day for that.

 

He got up, absently scooping Viajero into his arms for continued cleaning. Well, he'd investigate. He started walking in the direction the swarm had originated, moving quietly through the abandoned windmills. At once, his senses found something else, something new and equally strange in this area, and he paused.

 

Was that the sound of a truck starting up?

 

OOC: I'll leave the profile of the catch and Viajero's Pickup for later.


  • 0

#7013 Offline Blessed Blade

Blessed Blade
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Literally Papika

  • 11-August 07
  • 8,066 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Mar 09 2015 - 10:42 PM

-==IC: Ray==-

 

As the Emboar and Snorlax began to attack the Samurott and Togekiss, two things happened... One Pokeball was sent flying toward the Samurott, and one into the air near the Togekiss. Aizen appeared from the Pokeball near the Samurott, and used a Barrier to attempt to try and bolster his defense. Following that, the Kadabra attempted to use Psychic to grab the Emboar, even as he put his hands out to try and stop the rampaging Emboar.

 

The other Pokeball, however, opened to reveal a falling Bisharp, who spread his arms and legs out to both slow the fall, and to absorb the poison, which simply splashed off the steel armour. As he continued to fall, however, he angled himself downwards so that his head was toward the ground. Byakuya's head began to glow, as he unleashed a momentum-based Iron Head against the Snorlax quickly.

 

"You might be the only one who can stop him... But that doesn't mean I'd just get in the way. Think of this as returning the favour for Coeur Tower." Ray said with a frown; under normal circumstances, he'd smile at that, but these were definitely not normal circumstances. Ray was unnerved by 'Gluttony's comment about consuming him; but he'd made his choice, and planted his foot on the ground, as he looked across the field. "Right then, let's go!" Ray said, as he sent out the remainder of his team, and Entei. However, as soon as the alternate dimension legendary was sent out, he roared out, as if something were wrong. "What's up?" Ray asked, but barely dodged out of the way, as a Crush Claw was aimed at him. Ray frowned, and recalled the rampaging Legendary, and looked down at the Pokeball in confusion...

 

The rest of Ray's team defiantly and uncertainly judged their opponents; however, they knew that they could not hesitate, and as such, leaped into action. Zangetsu was first, and dashed toward the Metagross, who had already taken damage. As the Light Screen went up, the Zangoose shot forward with crossed arms, and then slashed out in an X pattern, as he tried to exploit the other hole in the defenses.

 

Orihime flew around for a moment, and then flapped for a second, and then quickly shot toward the Hariyama while it was distracted, and aimed for an Air Slash with her wings. Meanwhile, Hozukimaru shot forward with Aqua Jet toward the Rhyperior. The newly evolved Samurott was banking on using too much power, and had aimed lower this time; trying to send all that power into the Rhyperior... As he did so, he prepared his seamitars, as he intended to slash out with Razor Shell once close enough.

 

That left Rukia. The icy ghost shot forward, and focused a Disable on the Swalot quickly, and then spun around in the air, and began to generate a freezing and damaging blizzard around the poison type. She knew her other moves probably wouldn't be as useful; but it didn't mean that she couldn't try to fight.

 

-==IC: Stacy==-

 

Stacy knocked on her neighbour's door, and then quickly explained the situation as they answered. It was lucky that things had already begun, because it simplified things a lot, as attacks flew everywhere in the background. Stacy quickly led the citizens who would be stationed there to the roof, while the remainder waited in the entry hall. Stacy frowned, as the group reached the roof, as the battle seemed almost even more chaotic than before. "Fend them off, I'll leave help." Stacy said, as she sent out her Seviper and Malamar, and then dashed back down the stairs, fearing that there was no time to waste. She quickly gathered up the rest of the group, and proceeded out the door, and to her other neighbour's house, hoping that she'd make it in time.

 

The Archeops cawed in surprise, as it prepared for the impact of the Ice Shard... However, the impact never came, as Stacy's Diggersby intercepted the attack with Protect. The rabbit frowned at the Hawlucha, as its ear fist began to crackle with electricity. The earthly bunny launched itself at the offending Pokemon, as it shot the ear fist forward, attempting to utilize a Thunder Punch to take it down, the one who had dared try to hurt its friend.


  • 0

#7014 Offline Flipz

Flipz
  • Members
  • Tohunga

  • 16-June 12
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 10 2015 - 05:18 PM

IC: Bliss/Blissey (T:Alex Zyther)
Blissie stared around the battle in confusion, sticking close to Lucia. She was no stranger to battle, of course, having been her Trainer's primary protection against wild Pokémon along his journey, but somehow this...the chaos, the confusion, the frenetic pace...all of it combined to create a very different experience.

The Blissey returned her attention to her temporary Trainer, Lucia, awaiting orders, but none came. First one Pokémon evolved near her, then another--this one into her own species. She didn't know why, but Blissie felt a sort of sadness wash over her...or was it doubt? Still unsure of how she could possibly contribute here, the Happiness Pokémon clapped her hands and attempted to give a Helping Hand to her counterpart's Hyper Voice, despite not feeling very happy at all.

  • 0
 

Me: *has idea*
Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."
--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK
3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

#7015 Offline Blessed Blade

Blessed Blade
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Literally Papika

  • 11-August 07
  • 8,066 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Mar 10 2015 - 05:25 PM

-==IC: Colette/Clonette/Jayron==-

"Whew...." Colette panted, as she dropped to a knee, giggling slightly. "Well, Collie; looks like we did it," she said, as she looked up at her clone with a smile.

Collie laughed as well, sitting down on the cracked platform. "That was really something," she said. She glanced over her shoulder, making sure Jayron still had Alexa safe in his arms.

Colette nodded as she moved to sit down near Collie. "Yeah... Took a bunch of energy outta me; but that... That was kinda cool," she said with another giggle.

"Heh, I wasn't sure if it would even work," Collie said brightly. "I don't know, it was just a whim. But Alexa's safe... and that's what really matters."

Colette nodded with a warm smile. She looked over at her clone, and on a sudden impulse pulled her into a hug. "Thanks for helping to keep her safe."

The hug took Collie by surprise. "T-thanks..." she said. The doppelganger fell silent for a moment, then looked back at Colette, a warm gleam in her eyes. "You know, you must be the first true friend I've ever had."

Colette seemed caught off guard by that, and scratched her head with a nod. "You are," she said, smiling weakly for a moment as she considered that fact. Hah... My first real friend... is myself...

Collie smiled and hugged Colette back. "I'm glad I was able to fight by your side. I've always viewed protecting Alexa as something I had to do myself. But I couldn't have done it without you." She looked over at Jayron, who was quickly approaching. "Or you," she added with a smile.

Colette nodded with a chuckle and sighed. "Yeah, we all pretty much had to come together to actually beat that thing," she said. She looked over at her clone curiously. A question rose to her lips, but she hesitated when Jayron approached. Instead she changed the subject. "So... Collie sounds like a cool name," she said, giving an amused smile to cover up her moment of hesitation.

"Thanks!" Collie grinned. "Colette Natalie Llyan is a pretty cool name as well."

"So wait..." Jayron said, scratching his head in confusion.

Collie quickly stood up and grabbed Alexa from Jayron's arms. The young girl was still unconscious. Collie carefully laid her on the ground and looked down at her worriedly, then gave Jayron a small smile. "Thank you," she said. "I mean it. You may not have battled that thing, but you kept Alexa safe from harm. And that was the most important task of all." Without warning, she threw her arms around Jayron, pulling him into a warm hug. "And that's why you're my friend, too."

Colette seemed a bit surprised at the action, but smiled as well, intrigued. So... Does she not worry about trusting people...? the aura wielder wondered as her unspoken question rose to the forefront of her mind. Or was that enough to earn her trust?

Jayron was caught completely off guard. "W-wait a minute, when did this happen?" He stepped back, taking a moment to regain his composure. "One moment you two were at each other's throats. Now you're best friends?" He stared at the two of them in disbelief.

Colette chuckled. "Guess that's what happens when you realize that you've technically been on the same side the entire time," she said, with a shrug. "Collie wanted Alexa to be safe; same as us. She just didn't know what was happening."

"But..." Jayron shook his head and walked over to Colette, kneeling down so he was at eye level and muttering in a low voice, "If the Unown really are defeated, why is she still here? Why is this platform still here, floating in the middle of nowhere?"

Colette paused as she looked around, confused. "... Well, Collie seems... different, in a way, almost. But... you do have a point," she said with a frown.

"What are the two of you talking about?" Collie asked. She gave the two aura wielders a smile, which slowly started to waver. "D-do any of you hear that noise?"

Jayron frowned. "I don't hear anything."

Suddenly Collie brought her hands to her ears, crying out in pain as she was forced to her knees. "Make it stop!" she screamed. "Make it stop!"

Colette quickly scrambled to her feet and looked at Collie's face, unsure what was going on. "What's wrong?" she asked. "What noise? What's wrong?!" Colette shuddered at the sound of her own voice crying out from the doppelganger’s mouth. She had a very bad feeling about this...

At that moment, a cloud of Unown flew in out of nowhere. They swarmed around angrily, the horde becoming denser as more and more arrived within the illusion they had created.

"NOOO!" Collie screamed. "Please! Please, make it stop!"

Jayron instinctively scooped up the limp form of Alexa in his arms. "Something tells me they didn't like her switching sides on them," he said grimly.

Colette looked on in shock, firing spheres of aura toward the Unown as they appeared, desperate to stop them before it was too late...

The spheres vanished into the swirling mass of Unown. A few fell to the attacks, but hundreds more took their place. Before Colette could launch a second volley, Collie grabbed her roughly by the shirt, pulling her close. "Is it true...?" she rasped. She appeared disheveled, her eyes bloodshot, her breathing labored. "Tell me it's not true... am I really just a pawn? A mere shadow?"

Colette shook her head. "No... You're not," she said sadly, as tears started to well up in her eyes. "You proved that when you fought back." She tried to pull Collie back into a hug, as if that would somehow help save the double. But she had no idea what was going on.

Collie sobbed uncontrollably into Colette's shoulder. "But... t-that means... that means that the Unown used me... to hurt Alexa..."

"No," Colette said, her voice trembling slightly. "You didn't do anything to her. You couldn't have, remember? I was with you both times." She hugged her clone tighter. It was the only thing she could think to do. Her mind was blank. She had been trained to help save lives, but she had no clue how to help; no intuition, no nothing...

Collie shook her head as she sobbed harder. "No... I tried to stop you... when it was really me who should have been stopped."

"Shhhh, no," Colette said, her tears beginning to stream down her face. "I just wish I had explained things instead of just fighting..."

"Um, Colettes?" Jayron said as the Unown started to swirl around him and Alexa. "We have a problem."

Collie looked over her shoulder at Jayron, her eyes widening. "No..." She broke off the hug and brought her hands back up to her ears. "No... No... No, get out of my head!" she cried out. "I'm through with being your pawn!" Her aura flared up around her as she charged two spheres in her hands. "Leave Alexa alone!"

Colette stepped back in shock, a sinking feeling rising in the pit of her stomach. "C-Collie...?" she asked, as she tried to summon up her own aura. She quickly fired off two small spheres toward the Unown in desperation.

"I don't care if you created me!" Collie shouted, her eyes livid. "You dared to harm Alexa, and for that I will destroy you!"

Colette shook as she felt the fluctuations of emotions coming off of her clone. "Collie... let me help you. We'll do this together, just like last time." She quickly fired off two more spheres in vain.

Collie looked back, her eyes meeting Colette's. For a brief instant, her fury vanished, replaced with a sad smile. "No," she said. "I'm glad I got to meet you, Colette Natalie Llyan. Or perhaps I should call you... Collie." Tears streamed down her face. "But this is my fight. You have your whole life ahead of you. Cherish it. And... do me a favor, will you? T-take care of Alexa for me. P-promise me you'll p-p-protect her... n-no matter what..."

Colette's vision blurred as tears streamed down her own face, and she nodded numbly. "I... p-promise..."

Collie's gaze lingered on Colette a moment longer. Then she forced herself to turn back around. "You hear that, Unown?" she said, her voice shaking. "I made that same promise. That I would protect Alexa. Even if it destroys me to do it!" Collie fired her aura spheres into the Unown, then raced into the fray, screaming in fury. She extended a hand, sending an aura shield toward Alexa and Jayron to push them out of harm's way. As her eyes focused on the young girl, her expression softened in a sudden clarity. "I get it now," she said. "You're wrong, Unown. You may have brought me to life... but it was Alexa who created me. I owe my existence to her." Her aura radiated from her in a blinding glow as she poured every last ounce of her energy into her final attack. At last, the projection that called herself Collie closed her eyes, allowing her own powers to overwhelm her in a brilliant explosion of light.


  • 0

#7016 Offline sonyaxe

sonyaxe
  • Members
  • Toa

  • 15-October 12
  • 179 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 10 2015 - 08:45 PM

IC: Jam that was supposed to be a lot longer between Ruth, Jake, and Yugo.

 

"................Oh. That would make a lot more sense to do." Ruth muttered in reply to Elijah. The young girl took off her cap and scratched the back of her head awkwardly, before looking back at the group. "......Yeah, next time someone please don't make me the leader, alright?"

 

The trainer then cleared her throat and put her cap back on. "But anyways, if you need someone who can run like lightning, look no further than me! I'll run back to town and get us that ladder in jiffy!" she declared, simultaneously grinning, winking, and making a victory sign with her right hand. "Anyone wanna tag along back to town?"

 

"Well don't look at me I didn't do it. I just stumbled onto you guys and offered my help. I don't see why you'd have to be the leader if you didn't want to be." Yugo though for a moment when Ruth offered to go, if nobody else was going to go with her he didn't see why he should let her go alone. "Don't everyone offer at once." Yugo made a quick friendly smirk, "Well depending on how heavy the ladder would be, I'll go along so as to help carry it. Do you know exactly where there is one? If not I could have Airazor scout ahead for us. It would make the trip a bit easier." Sandslash while waiting had found himself a berry and was gnawing on it to pass the time.

 

"I suppose I could go too. And since when did you end up in charge?" Jake asked in a joking manner. "Besides, if anyone should be in charge, it should be..." A pause for dramatic effect... "Pikachu".

 

Said electric type promptly stole Jake's hat.

 

The trainers, having agreed to go get a ladder (and after returning Jake's hat) made their way back to Alamos, found a ladder at a garage sale, and returned back to the group in record time.

 

"Well, now that we have our ladder... who wants to go first?" Jake asked everyone


  • 0

#7017 Offline Konuju

Konuju
  • Members
  • Seeker

  • 13-December 07
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 11 2015 - 07:44 PM

IC: Ryan
Heh, even after everything I've done... Ray's still sticking up for me, Ryan thought. He nodded as the orange-haired trainer sent out his Entei, and Ryan proceeded to send out his own. "Looks like we're pulling out all the stops. Entei! Use Extrasensory on that Hariyama!"
 
The Legendary Beast, however, began roaring out. Its claws dug into the ground as it shuddered. Its eyes grew wide in what seemed to be stark terror.
 
"Um... maybe try Calm Mind?"
 
As Ray recalled his Entei, who was freaking out in a similar fashion, Ryan's Entei unleashed a Lava Plume across the entire field. Ryan covered his head as bursts of fire shot in every direction. The air grew thick with smoke as the charred trees began to burn anew.
 
"Woah! Entei, what's wrong?" Ryan cried, looking at the Legendary Beast in concern.
 
Meanwhile, a thousand volts of electricity coursed through Samurott the moment her Razor Shell connected with the Emboar. The effect was somewhat dulled by Aizen's last-second Barrier, but it was enough to make Samurott twist away, spinning into an Aqua Tail directed at the fire pig. Togie grinned as Byakuya blocked the Gunk Shot. Then, tightening his focus on the Snorlax, he shot forward with Extremespeed, hoping to match the Sleeping Pokémon's surprising speed. Garchomp cried out as the Rhyperior's horn dug into him. With a growl, he twisted into a Dragon Rush, aiming to knock the Rhyperior into the oncoming Hozukimaru.
 
Quil flinched from the Fake Out, but was glad when Orihime swooped down from above. The Typhlosion's attention was diverted by the Lava Plume and he looked back at Entei with a frown. Having grown up in Fortree with Ryan, he knew all too well the dangers of letting a fire get out of control in a place like this. Missy pouted. With her previous target occupied with Quil, she had no one to play with. She quickly rectified that by sending a Shadow Ball at the Metagross, cackling as she avoided the Lava Plume and floated next to Zangetsu to offer her support. Ampere shuddered from her proximity to first Rukia's Blizzard, then Entei's Lava Plume. As she did her best to dodge the falling lava, the Mareep directed a Confuse Ray at the Swalot.
 
OOC:
Entei: Lava Plume -> Everyone (out of control)
Samurott: Razor Shell (finished from last post)+Aqua Tail -> Emboar
Togie: Extremespeed -> Snorlax
Garchomp: Dragon Rush -> Rhyperior
Quil: Flinch
Missy: Shadow Ball -> Metagross
Ampere: Confuse Ray -> Swalot
 
IC: Madison
The Hawlucha allowed the Thunder Punch to hit, using the opportunity to deliver a point-blank High Jump Kick at the Diggersby. However, the Thunder Punch did more damage than the Halwucha had anticipated. It stumbled back, unable to dodge Anzu's next Ice Shard. Finding itself overwhelmed, the Hawlucha took to the skies once more, gliding away.
 
Anzu prepared another Ice Shard, but Madison shook her head. "It's already defeated. Let it go."
 
"You fool!" one of the Celadonians cried. "Don't let it get away! Thunderbolt!" The man's Electrike shot a bolt of lightning at the fleeing bird. But the Hawlucha was already too far away. The trainer rounded on Madison. "What was that?"
 
"It knew it was defeated," Madison shot back. "No need to attack a fleeing enemy."
 
"This is a war!" the man cried. "That Hawlucha was finding reinforcements! Do you want the entire army focusing their attacks on us?"
 
Madison bit her lip. She knew the man had a point. Her act of mercy would be meaningless if it ended up getting them all killed. In the back of her mind, she wondered what Dack would have done in her situation. Were these the kinds of split-second decisions he had to make when he'd been with Team Rocket?
 
IC: Shannon Willows/Rocket Agent Allison Kinsley
Allison Kinsley had been expecting Ryan to make a move. She hadn't expected that move to come from behind. She found herself falling toward the ground, and twisted to throw her Pokéball as she fell. A Smeargle burst out of the capsule, quickly sizing up the situation and shooting out a Fire Spin to ensnare the Porygon-Z.
 
The Dragalge took the brunt of the attack, the psychic waves causing the Mock Kelp Pokémon to lose its grip on Shannon. That was the good news. The bad news, as Shannon quickly realized with a lurch of her stomach, was that with the Dragalge no longer holding her, she had nothing to cushion her fall. Selena had timidly approached the Toxic Spikes, unsure of what to do. But upon seeing her trainer hit the ground, the Furret threw caution into the wind. She winced as the Toxic Spikes dug into her paws, but she did not slow her pace.
 
There was a flash of light as Ryan sent out his Excadrill. The Ground-Steel Type dashed through the poisonous spikes, racing ahead of Selena just in time to catch Shannon before she hit the ground. Shannon gasped in surprise, trying to catch her breath as she looked up at the grinning mole. The next instant, her Furret leapt into her arms and nuzzled against her. "Selena..." Shannon mumbled, cradling her Pokémon. "You're hurt..." Despite the poison now coursing through her veins, Selena smiled as she leaned against Shannon.

The Porygon-Z was surprised at the Fire Spin, but focused and quickly moved to use Conversion 2. As its body composition shifted, becoming rock-like to resist the swirling flames, the Porygon-Z fired a Signal Beam in response to the Smeargle. The Painter Pokémon leapt back, grimacing as the attack struck its tail.
 
"You had one job, Kinsley."
 
Allison looked to the skies in relief. "Executive Wright!" she cried. "Impeccable timing. I was just tying up a few loose ends with Shannon's friend here."
 
"And doing a horrible job at it," Hannah said as her Staraptor swooped down to the battlefield.  A trainer seemed to be tailing behind executive, carried by a Swellow. Hannah's Noivern flapped even further behind, struggling to catch up. "Why don't you make yourself useful and keep my own 'loose ends' busy?" Hannah cried. "I can't have anyone ruining this moment!"
 
Agent Kinsley got to her feet, slightly hurt that the situation had gotten out of control so quickly, but managed a grin. "Smeargle, Icy Wind!" The Painter Pokémon opened its mouth and blew a chill breeze up toward the Swellow and its trainer, forcing them to bank sharply to the left.
 
Hannah's Staraptor sharply leveled out its nosedive, making a beeline for Shannon. The bird of prey extended its talons, preparing to knock the Excadrill back with Close Combat. Shannon's eyes widened as she locked eyes with her friend for the first time in years. There was no kindness in Hannah's face, only a bitter hatred mixed with a sinister glee.
 
Ryan narrowed his eyes. "I'm not going to let her get hurt," he said darkly. His Porygon-Z turned and let loose a Discharge of electricity, striking Staraptor in the chest. The force of the attack knocked the Staraptor off course.
 
Hannah leapt off of her Staraptor right before it crashed into the wall of a nearby building. She rolled to a halt, looking up at the Porygon-Z with a glare. "How dare you get in my way!" she cried. With the click of a button, she sent out her Gardevoir, who exerted a Psychic force on the Excadrill to try and force it to let go of Shannon.
 
"Hannah..." Shannon said in disbelief.
 
"Hello, Shannon," the Rocket Executive smirked. "Long time, no see."


  • 0
Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama
2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu
2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta
2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama
2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama
2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka
2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli
2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation
2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui
2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui
2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

#7018 Offline Blessed Blade

Blessed Blade
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Literally Papika

  • 11-August 07
  • 8,066 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Mar 11 2015 - 09:23 PM

-==IC: Ryan==-

 

"Hannah Wright." Ryan said, as he narrowed his eyes toward the executive. "I'll dare to get in your way all day long; looks like you really have changed." Ryan said, as his Excadrill began to fight back against the Gardevoir's psychic grip. Ryan threw another Pokeball forward quickly, as his Samurott launched forward from the momentum. Her horn glowed a dark colour as she approached, and attempted a Night Slash on the Gardevoir. Ryan frowned, as he began to subtly heal his Tyranitar while it was in its Pokeball; he needed to find something that would turn the tides if that was needed, after all.

 

-==IC: Stacy's Pokemon==-

 

The Diggersby stumbled back from the High Jump Kick; caught off guard by it a lot. However, with a nod of thanks to Anzu, it sat down on the ground to regain strength; simply waiting this time, for the threat to come to them.


  • 0

#7019 Offline Metal Gear Minun

Metal Gear Minun
  • Members
  • Scavenger Va

  • 31-July 03
  • 640 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 11 2015 - 11:19 PM

IC: Arthurs - Central Celadon

 

The Heal Pulse and Heal Bell restored the Vanilluxe’s confidence as much as it did his health as he charged -towards- the Crobat and the Ledian. Gothara landed a solid hit on the Crobat, but due to the Ledian’s Light Screen, failed to do as much damage as it could. On the flip side, the attack completed disoriented the Poison-Flying, causing the Crobat to strike itself when it tried to strike the Gothorita. Lucan took the opportunity to throw an Icicle Spear at both the Crobat and the Ledian, landing both shots. Surprised and greatly weakened by the sudden physical attack, the Ledian threw up a complimentary Reflect to bolster its defense.

 

Before the Paralysis disappeared from Lancelot’s body, the Sawsbuck tried to Jump Kick the Scizor in the face, tried and succeeded. Lancelot had to admit, it was a good kick. Right clear across his face. But with the paralysis gone, there was nothing left to stop the champion knight’s retaliation. The Sawsbuck could not evade the Scizor’s U-Turn and knocked clean unto unconsciousness.

 

The Gourgeist tried to Will-o-Wisp Lancelot in desperate self-defense, but the Scizor maneuvered around the Fire. His powerful fist struck the Grass-Ghost, the force strong enough to fell the Gourgeist as easily as it had the Sawsbuck.

 

The Blissey’s soft voice was unheard by the concentrating Darmanitan, with his Zen like trance blocking out the sounds of her voice. The Magmortar on the other hand, went out like a light and fell down into a deep sleep. The harsh voice on the other hand had a much different effect. The force that came from Bissaga’s Hyper Voice was considerably powerful (especially for a recently evolved Blissey) strong enough to break the concentration of the Zen-mode Darmanitan. But the Helping Hand that boosted the Hyper Voice sent its power level to amazing heights.

Gawain, while happy for the help, could only think of how the wind had been taken out of his sails when he saw the two knocked out Fire-types by his feet.

 

The poor Swanna and Pelliper ended up unable to do anything again due to their paralysis and were, for a lack of a better term, sitting ducks.

The Talonflame saw Claraga’s and Audinaga’s attacks coming. Intent on not losing his Gale Wings, the Talonflame used his Acrobatics to evade the Simple Beam and afterwards the Water Pulse. However by dodging those attacks without focusing on his original opponent, the Togekiss was finally able to land a Thunder Wave on him. The Talonflame was left unable to act after that.

 

The Gyarados fresh on his Moxie from taking a ‘Bite’ out of Palomides was searching for another target to munch on. The last move the Gastly had used was taking its toll on him, but he was not bothered that much by it. After a small search, he found another Ghost and this one was also a Fire-type. The Gyarados leered (with Leer) at the Chandelure before charging at it. The Chandelure disappeared from view before the Gyarados could reach him though. The Gyarados bit down, but only chewed air.

 

Pervical reappeared right above the Water-Flying and let loose a noxious Smog on him. The Gyarados wheezed and hacked as it inhaled the poisonous gas. The Chandelure was relieved as he saw Poison set in. If Hex’s power wasn’t available to him, that Overheat would have left him near defenseless against the Water-Flying.

 

The boosted shadowy power launched the Gyarados clear across the field of combat. Despite the poison and the Hex, the Gyarados was about to get back up, when it felt Curse’s effect once more.

 

Palomides’ face was the last thing it thought of before falling back into unconsciousness.

 

Lamorak was able to wear down the Flareon considerably in its charge. Continuing to add to the power of Whirlpool, the Fire-Types health was worn down by the waves. But the Flareon completed a second Superpower and smashed the young Clamperl, soundly knocking him out.

 

Jamie admittedly wished Tristan was here when she retreated the Clamperl, but thanked Lamorak for what he did accomplish.

 

As opposed to his fellow shelled Pokemon, Bedevere had good luck in facing off his opponent. Once more going for Shell Smash and Whirlpool, the Shellder reached admirable speed and power. He was able to get one more solid Razor Shell on his flat opponent, knocking the Stunfisk out before it could hit the Shellder with Discharge.

 

When the Heracross saw the Poison Powder being spread on him, he understood the ‘why’ immediately, but was immensely worried about his passenger, until the Bayleef explained the Safeguard protecting Sylph, as well as the Eevee’s reassurance.

 

Sighing with relief for that, Pelleas waited as the pain settled in, as well as the awesome power. The Heracross spread his wings again as Guts boosted the power of his Aerial Ace (as well as his other moves). The Eevee encouraged Pelleas onward with Helping Hand.

 

The Dustox was outright afraid of the truckload of incoming power coming at him and used Protect a second time. To the Bug-Poisons immense relief, the Protect held if only just. The Dustox tried to retaliate with an Air Cutter but its shots were far too wide to land on the Bug-Fighting.  

 

Guinevere was never one for focusing on her physical prowess, preferring to rely on her mind’s Psychic power than brute force. But having both at her disposal was admittedly a wonderful feeling. Trying to figure out to get the two to work together would have been a fun creative exercise if not for the time limit in the form of a Machamp.

 

The Machamp had recovered from his shock enough to launch a second offensive at Guinevere. So Guinevere had to go with the only plan she had. When the Machamp attempted to use Knock Off on her, the Gardevoir used Teleport to get inside the Machamp's range. Before the No Guard Machamp could react, the large Fighting found himself picked up by the smaller Psychic. Using both her Psychic and her Pure Power, Guinevere lifted up the Machamp and slammed him to the ground.

 

James had to admit: this morning, if you had told him that Guinevere was going to suplex a Machamp to the ground, he would have been very skeptical.


Edited by Totally Colette; Not Minun, Mar 12 2015 - 12:47 AM.

  • 0

25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg


#7020 Offline Parugi

Parugi
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Lehvak-Kal Attacks!

  • 27-September 06
  • 3,609 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Mar 12 2015 - 02:18 AM

IC - Sonja Baron (Athena)/Maddison Hayes (Kricketune) - Fortree City, Ground Level:

 

Being on the ground had its advantages, particularly in the area of dodging. Kricketune had only to launch itself sideways to avoid the Overheat, bouncing across the field on bouncing feet until he had arrived next to the dazed Athena. With speed too swift to dodge, the Bug-Type took hold of the Pidove and, with a spin, launched her toward Vlad.

 

"Athena!" Sonja called. Seeing the danger her Pokémon was in, she held out Athena's Poké Ball, recalling her before she could slam into Vlad.

 

Hayes sighed. "A predictable outcome," she said. "Kricketune, Night Slash."

 

The Cricket Pokémon let out a sharp croon before charging toward the enemy Chandelure, crossing its glowing arms against its chest as it ran and narrowing its eyes as it watched for its opponent's movements . . .

 

IC - Ethan Worth/Gavin Braner/Skye Hall - Celadon City, Streets:

 

"Jamie has a brother."

 

This sudden statement almost caused Gavin to slip on a patch of ice, managing to avoid this fate only with the quick help of Skye, who grabbed him by the arm as soon as she noticed his loss of footing. "What?"

 

"Jamie has a brother," Ethan repeated, coming to a stop behind them. He looked up from his Poké Gear, tilting his head at the exasperated looks from Skye and Gavin. "I thought it was interesting."

 

"Did she say where they are?" Skye asked.

 

"Celadon Condominiums. Know where it's at?"

 

"Not a clue," Gavin said. Skye shook her head. "Guess we'd better find a map."

 

"Or, better idea," Skye said. "We could head there." She pointed to the skyline, where a massive plume of smoke seemed to be rising behind the slowly-thinning veil of snow. It appeared to be coming from someplace near the center of the city, though it was difficult to make out exactly where due to the sheer height of several of the buildings. And though numerous other smoke trails joined it, the three Rocket Agents could not help but feel that something seemed . . . peculiar about this particular one. "Smoke's gotta mean battle, and with that much there . . . It's gotta be pretty intense, right?"

 

"Excellent point," Ethan said. "Do you want to stop by a Pokémon Center first and get Combusken healed up?"

 

Skye paused. "Er . . . That'd probably be a good idea," she said, looking down at the Fire-Fighting-Type's Poké Ball. "But I don't want to leave you guys alone, either, and he's not that badly injured . . . I'll just keep an eye out for a Center on the way over there."

 

The older Agent searched her face for several moments before finally nodding. "Okay," he said. "We'll help you look, too. In the meantime, try to stay close by." Skye nodded. Moving to the front of the group again, Ethan took off, the three shifting direction to head toward Central Park.

 

IC:

 

special special special special special special special special special special special special special

 

you you

 

are not

 

special

 

it's time it's time it's time time time time time

 

it's time to feed


  • 0

rotrbanner.png

~ Night Ride ~ Day Run: The Garden (I II III) ~ Perpetual ~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

~ One ~ The Report ~

~ Broken Unity/Review ~

000 - 001 - 002 - 003 - 004 - 005 - 006 - 007 - 008 - 009 - 010 - 011 - 012 - 013 - 014 - 015 - 016 - 017 - 018 - 019 - 020 - 021 - 022 - 023 - 024 - 025 - 026 - 027 - 028 - 029 - 030 - 031 - 032 - 033 - 034 - 035 - 036 - 037 - 038 - 039 - 040 - 041 - 042 - 043 - 044 - 045 - 046 - 047 - 048 - 049 - 050 - 051 - 052 - 053 - 054 - 055 - 056 - 057 - 058 - 059 - 060

Sleep - Stare - Seethe - Savor - Scavenge - Swallow - Scoff - Swindle

 - Decaia Holts - Vidinia LeJauso - Raimundo Rojo - Melanie Garven - Melissa Garven - Albero DeLargo - Gelar Stolz - Tyler McKinley -


#7021 Offline Dr. Hidaka

Dr. Hidaka
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Stalwart Defender

  • 09-June 03
  • 459 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Mar 12 2015 - 02:15 PM

IC: Albero DeLargo

 

It was getting worse. The thing he had been staving off for six months was finally showing signs of taking control. He had to at least see signs of Ryan overcoming the Sin of Gluttony. Somehow, someway, he had to endure a little longer.

 

"Counter, Snorlax.", Albero commanded as he crouched and placed his hand upon the ground. "The rest of you, act as necessary. I've got something to take care of."

 

As fire rained from the sky, Albero's Snorlax growled as both Byakuya and Togie struck him. Roaring loudly, the Sleeping pokemon belted Byakuya's head with his arm, sending him flying. He then swung with the other, striking Togie hard, but not enough to do major damage. Emboar, however, was struck by the Aqua Tail and slammed down into the ground. Snarling as he got up, Emboar rushed towards Aizen, and grabbed him. Roaring, he unleashed a Head Smash. Metagross was struck by the X-Scissor, but didn't pay it any mind. It was Missy's Shadow Ball that struck home. Whirring angrily, the Metagross stampeded towards Missy, glowing with dark power as it prepared to use Pursuit.

 

Rhyperior was struck by both attacks. Still standing, the Drill pokemon started stomping furiously, causing an immense Earthquake to strike the immediate area. Hariyama was dazed by the Air Slash. As he tried to get his bearings, the fire from the sky hit his skin, making a hissing sound as they burned him, activating his ability. As the Confuse Ray took effect, Swalot was further bewildered by the howling Blizzard around him. As the wind chilled him, he had one moment of clarity. Murmuring to himself, the Swalot used Destiny Bond, aiming to deter further attacks against him.

 

OOC:

 

Snorlax: Counter > Togie and Byakuya
Emboar: Head Smash > Aizen

Rhyperior: Earthquake > Everyone
Metagross: Pursuit > Missy

Hariyama: Flinch, Guts Activated

Swalot: Destiny Bond, Confused

 

 

IC: Evan Tierra

 

"Use Acrobatics to defend Lurelite, Vlad!" Evan shouted to his Gliscor, keeping his eyes peeled for any potential openings.

 

At that command, Vlad immediately stopped dancing. He back flipped and swooped straight down, the Tailwind accelerating his descent. At the speed he was going, he was confident that he could hit Hayes' Kricketune. He had done this with Lurelite a few times, but that was a rehearsal. This was the real deal. They had to be ready for what could happen at any given time during this, and proceed as necessary.

 

.....And he missed. Vlad cursed as he realized that his backflip had also taken a little too long. As a result, the Kricketune had actually managed to speed up it's charge and caused Vlad to overshoot his target.....


  • 0

#7022 Offline Blessed Blade

Blessed Blade
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Literally Papika

  • 11-August 07
  • 8,066 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Mar 12 2015 - 04:51 PM

-==IC: Ray==-

 

"Ryan..." Ray said, as he frowned at everything that was happening. "You have to recall Entei." Ray said, as he knew that the legendary would only make things worse at this rate.

 

Ryan clenched his teeth as Entei continued to rampage. Realizing the situation would only worsen, he raised his Ultra Ball, retreating the Legendary Beast in a flash of light. "Entei..." he muttered, looking down at the Ultra Ball. "What's gotten into you?"

 

Byakuya somehow got very lucky; he was hit by the full force of the counter, and sent flying back... However, he was somehow not totally fainted by the blow, out of sheer miracle luck. However, he was seeing stars from the attack, and was forced to not move at all, though managed to be far enough away from the Earthquake and the Lava Plume.

 

Aizen smiled as he was grabbed; a glow enveloping him as he teleported away. The Kadabra took advantage of the grip that the Emboar had, to bring the Emboar with him, and put it right into the path of the rampaging Metagross. Before the attack connected, however, the glow grew brighter, and an Alakazam took the Kadabra's place. However, before Aizen could have much of a chance to actually admire his new form, he was hit by an earthquake, rain of fire, and a 300 pound pig.

 

Hozukimaru attempted to jump up to avoid the earthquake and counter with a likely heavy-hitting Razor Shell attack... However, he sadly never got that far, as he tripped over his own feet due to still being unused to his new form. The Samurott hit the ground hard, right as it began to shake heavily. The combined damage of the quake and the fire rain, plus it dealing critical damage to the Samurott, meant that the poor water type was fainted easily, and Ray sighed at the sheer ineptitude of his Samurott, as he recalled him.

 

The Zangetsu frowned, as he noticed how the Metagross had just shrugged off the attack. He was even more surprised, however, when Aizen showed up using a flaming pig as a shield. The Zangoose would have to talk to the... apparently now Alakazam... about that later. However, at that moment, the Zangoose dashed forward amidst the earthquake. Zangetsu was knocked off balance as he ran, but jumped into the air, and pulled his arm back. As he got close to the Metagross, the Zangoose shot his arm forward, attempting to launch off a Close Combat.

 

Orihime was pleased at the flinch, but glanced over to Togie in shock, and then frowned, as she turned back to the Hariyama, and redoubled her efforts in attacking. She quickly wagged her finger as she attempted to call on the luck of the dice for Metronome once again... And proceeded to call upon Charm. ... Didn't I just forget this move? The Togekiss wondered, but went along with the move anyway.

 

Ray noticed the Swalot doing an awful lot of nothing for what he was doing prior to that, and had a feeling it wasn't due to confusion. "Ryan; hold Ampere back. Just... Trust me on this one." Ray said with a frown, as he nodded to Rukia. The ghost was hit by the fire and the earthquake; however, she still managed to hold her own, and charged up a Shadow Ball. With a look toward the Swalot, she quickly launched off the attack, hoping that this would work right.

 

OOC:  Moves:

 

Byakuya: Flinched

Aizen/Kadabra > Alakazam:  Teleport, (Evolution), (Fainted)

Hozukimaru: EPIC FAIL, (Fainted)

Zangetsu: Close Combat > Metagross

Orihime: Metronome(Charm) > Hariyama

Rukia: Shadow Ball > Swalot

 

Evolution:

 

Nickname: Aizen
Species: Alakazam
Trainer: Ray Hakuda
Gender: Male
Appearance: No differences, from what can be seen.
Personality: Different from the personality Aizen showed when Orange first encountered it, Aizen is cool, calm, and seemingly evilly cunning. It could be said that Aizen is Naughty, though no reason can be determined as to why. However, at the same time, it could be said that Aizen is Lonely. Somehow, since his evolution, he's even more secretive, if that's even possible. All of Aizen's personality traits have been enhanced by this evolution, for better or for worse.
Ability: Inner Focus
Specialty: Special Attack ++
Known Moves: Teleport, Barrier, Ice Beam(EGG), Thunderbolt, Psychic, Role Play

 

Ice Punch > Ice Beam, Psycho Cut > Thunderbolt

Move changes approved by Parugi a while back. ^^

 

-==IC: Jenny==-

 

Jenny's smile subtly flickered to a wider one as she noticed what was happening. Vlad had overshot his target, and the Kricketune was on a collision course with the Chandelure... "Okay, Hex!" Jenny called out... As the Chandelure just floated there. One, two, three, the Kricketune grew ever closer... And then the sound of a mass amount of flames flew from the main flame directly toward the Kricketune. "Oh, I'm sorry, did I say Hex? I meant Heat Wave." Jenny said with a slight giggle.

 

OOC:

Chandelure: Heat Wave > Kricketune


Edited by An/A Blade, Mar 12 2015 - 05:00 PM.

  • 0

#7023 Offline Konuju

Konuju
  • Members
  • Seeker

  • 13-December 07
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 12 2015 - 05:43 PM

OOC: We've been long overdue for a Zoe post.

 

IC: Zoe
"Trust your partner. This concept is important in single battles, but it is vital to tag team battles. Not only must you trust your Pokémon and have your Pokémon trust you, you must also trust your human partner and their Pokémon. You must also be mindful of them. If you're used to decimating your opponents with Earthquake and the like in single battles, you're going to have a tough time pulling that off in a tag team battle if your partner isn't prepared for it."
 
Zoe started to doze off. She knew that Collie had gone through similar training, but she doubted Lucina's lectures had been this boring. The Liberty Schooling Program was designed to teach the children of Liberty Agents the basics of battle, and prep them for becoming official agents themselves. Zoe wished she could just get the training over with. She could care less about the optimal strategy for defeating a Belly Drum Charizard, she just wanted to get out in the field and do something. She couldn't help but feel like this lecture would be infinitely more exciting if her friend the Bard was teaching it. Or even Collie. Surely after all her training with Lucina, Collie would be able to teach this class...
 
"Miss Llyan!"
 
Zoe jerked awake to see her instructor looming over her. The rest of the class laughed.
 
"We're going to the practice arenas to work on tag team battles," the instructor said irately. "Unless you'd rather stay here and continue your little nap."
 
"A battle!" Zoe cried, jumping up from her seat without a second thought to her instructor's irritation. "Finally, some action!"
 
The instructor crossed his arms. "I hope you already know all there is to know about tag team battles, because today's lecture will be on the test."
 
"Oh, tag teams are easy!" Zoe said brightly. "I won one with my sister a couple days ago! And then yesterday I helped defeat a wild Swampert! Except it turns out it wasn't a wild Pokémon, it was a Knight of the Round!"
 
"This isn't show-and-tell," the instructor said, furrowing his brow with a sigh. "If you're not going to take this class seriously, then perhaps you should reconsider your dream of becoming a field agent. Team Liberty needs fighters, not daydreamers."
 
"Well, how about warriors?" Zoe grinned to herself as the class started to file out the door.
 
IC: Ryan
Quil laughed as the Hariyama that had caused him to flinch ended up flinching himself. However, he was not about to let this opening go to waste. He quickly curled up into a ball and started to Rollout. At that moment, the Rhyperior's Earthquake struck, throwing Quil widely off course. He rolled into a tree, where he lay dazed.
 
Togie gasped in pain as the Snorlax Countered him. He soared up out of the Snorlax's reach, trying to recuperate. He caught Orihime's eye and, as she began her Metronome, he began to glow brightly, charging up a Sky Attack. He dashed down toward the Hariyama, hoping to support his fellow Togekiss.
 
Garchomp found himself at the epicenter of the Earthquake. Growling in frustration, he swiped at the Rhyperior with Dragon Claw, although he stumbled from the shaky ground, falling at the Rhyperior's side instead. Missy, finding the Metagross' Pursuit blocked by the timely appearance of Aizen and the Emboar, instead chose to back up Garchomp with a Magical Leaf aimed at the the source of the devastating Earthquake, Rhyperior.
 
Samurott stood her ground against the Earthquake. Once the shaking stopped, she looked around. Seeing that the Emboar was gone, she sheathed her seamitar and charged towards the Snorlax with Megahorn.
 
Ampere was charging toward the Swalot with Iron Tail when Ray told Ryan to hold her back. Ryan bit his lip, not wanting to lose the chance to take the Swalot out. But Ray had chosen to support him, despite all that he had done. He decided to give the Separatist the benefit of the doubt. "Ampere!" he cried. "Stay back!" The Mareep skidded to a halt just as Rukia launched her Shadow Ball.
 
OOC:
Quil: Rollout -> Tree (Failed)
Togie: Sky Attack -> Hariyama
Garchomp: Dragon Claw -> Rhyperior
Missy: Magical Leaf -> Rhyperior
Samurott: Megahorn -> Snorlax
Ampere: Iron Tail -> halted after Ryan called her off
 
IC: Madison
The inevitable attack came in the form of an Emolga. The flying squirrel swooped down with Volt Switch, taking out a Poliwhirl belonging to one of the Celadon trainers before vanishing back into the clouds. Anzu tried to hit it with an Ice Shard, but the Emolga was gone.
 
An instant later, a Pidgeot screamed toward them, aiming a Steel Wing at Archeops. A Masquerain hovered down from above, directing a Bug Buzz toward Diggersby. A Drifblimb floated toward the roof, merely Stockpiling energy. "Ice Shard, once more!" Madison cried. Anzu fired a chunk of ice at the Blimp Pokémon, which shuddered from the attack, but continued floating toward them, undeterred. From behind the Drifblimb, the Emolga returned, using Double Team as it flew it fast circles around the rooftop, as if taunting the trainers.
 
IC: Dack Majors/Hannah Wright/Shannon Willows/Allison Kinsley
Dack landed in the middle of an alley. Wiping the flecks of ice off Swellow's wings, he ran back to where Hannah was. From the alley entrance, he could see the Rocket Executive, along with Shannon Willows and, on the other side of a field of Toxic Spikes, Zach's brother Ryan.
 
"Not so fast!" A Rocket stepped in front of him, her Dragalge and Smeargle blocking Dack's way out of the alley.
 
"Who do you think you are?" Dack growled. "Out of my way! Swellow, Aerial A--"
 
The command was cut off by a sudden Boomburst from above. Swellow was forced to redirect his attack toward the Noivern that had followed them down from the clouds.
 
"I'm only Executive Wright's most trusted agent," the Rocket sneered. "Allison Kinsley. Soon to be Commander Allison Kinsley, now that I've handed over Willows."
 
"I think you mean Soon-to-be-demoted-to-Grunt Allison Kinsley, after you fail to keep me from putting an end to Hannah's mad schemes," Dack said, tossing his Luxray and Bastiodon's Pokéballs. "Luxray, Thunder Fang! Bastiodon, Heavy Slam!"
 
The Luxray pounced on the Dragalge, biting into it with his crackling jaws. The Mock Kelp Pokémon shrugged off the not-very-effective attack and responded with a Sludge Bomb. The Smeargle was sent flying by Bastiodon, but not before it managed to trap its opponent in a Fire Spin. The Painter Pokémon skidded across the pavement, dazed but not quite defeated.
 
Kinsley smirked. "You were saying?"
 
 

Hannah's Gardevoir quickly sidestepped out of the Samurott's way and shot a Thunderbolt in response. The Rocket Executive gave Ryan a curious look. "Do I know you?" she asked.

"Not really, probably," Ryan said with a frown. "But this is just wrong." He growled as he looked to see if there was a quick way across the Toxic Spikes. The Samurott winced as it took the Thunderbolt head on, but then launched herself forward, attempting an Assurance on the Gardevoir in response.
 
"No, stop!" Shannon cried, pushing herself out of the Excadrill's arms and stepping in between the two Pokémon. Samurott came to a halt inches away from the girl. The Gardevoir frowned, her hands already crackling in preparation for another Thunderbolt. Shannon looked straight at Hannah. "I didn't come here to fight," she said. "I just want to talk."
 
Hannah scoffed. "You didn't come here to fight. When did you suddenly turn soft?"
 
"Why are you doing this?" Shannon asked. "You aren't the Hannah I used to know."
 
"Things change," Hannah said with a wry smile. "Isn't it funny how you were always better than me? But, like the proverbial Torterra and Buneary, you've grown stagnant, while I've kept at it. And look where I am now! A Rocket Executive! You were always bragging about your amazing Liberty parents, but what have you yourself done?"
 
Shannon grimaced. "Is that what this is about? You... you were my friend!"
 
"Friend?" Hannah laughed. "Friends don't overshadow other friends. Friends don't brag about how they're better than everyone else! You were never my friend, Shannon! You were an obstacle. And now I see that you're as empty as the shadow you once cast over me."
 
Shannon dropped to her knees, looking sadly up at Hannah. She couldn't believe it. Had her friend -- for no matter what Hannah said, Shannon still insisted on calling her a friend -- really gone that far? And as her mind drifted back to their childhood days in Ecruteak, Shannon realized that it really was her fault. She opened her mouth to speak, but her words died in her throat. Her vision blurred with tears as she realized that she was responsible for what was happening to Celadon; for what had happened to Hannah. The burden lay entirely on her shoulders.
 
"That's right," Hannah gloated. "Wallow in defeat as I once wallowed! You thought you could just forget us. Enjoy the easy life here in Celadon. Well, hate to break it to you, but I never forgot. I could never forget the one who was always better than me! Well, who's the better one now?"
 
"...I'm sorry," Shannon said in a small voice, staring blankly at Hannah's feet. "I... I have no excuse for what I've done. I was stuck up, snobby, and rude. And I had no idea how it was affecting you. I never wanted to hurt you, or anyone else. I'm truly sorry, Hannah. But like you said, things change. I've put all that behind me, turned over a new leaf. You've made your point. Now can we please just go back to being friends?"
 
Hannah's sneer faltered. For the briefest of moments, it looked like Shannon might have actually gotten through to her. But the next instant, her expression hardened once more. "It's far too late for 'sorry,'" she said.
 
"I understand if you're still angry at me," Shannon said. "But please, for Arceus' sake, leave Celadon out of this! It's me you want -- the rest of the city never did anything to you!"
 
Hannah narrowed her eyes. "Do you not remember what your parents did?" she asked. "What those oh, so wonderful and glorious parents you always bragged so highly about did to my hometown? They raided it. They claimed they were just after some Rocket outpost. But they completely decimated Ecruteak! All under the name of 'justice.' Now it's your turn to feel my pain. To watch helplessly as all that you've known and loved is desecrated!"


  • 0
Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama
2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu
2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta
2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama
2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama
2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka
2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli
2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation
2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui
2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui
2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

#7024 Offline Blessed Blade

Blessed Blade
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Literally Papika

  • 11-August 07
  • 8,066 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Mar 12 2015 - 11:01 PM

-==IC: Lucia==-

Lucia smiled at the two evolutions, and their impact on the flow of battle, as she nodded to the two Blissey. "Good job, you two!" Lucia said, as she had been reminded of the extra companion through the move. Since she was not used to having more than her typical team members being actively controlled by her, she had slightly forgotten about the other Blissey by accident.

Lucia then looked forward, across the battlefield. Seven opponents remained, and she liked how the chances looked for them. "Double Heal Pulse!" Lucia called out to the two Blissey, as she hoped that Bliss had that move. Blissaga nodded to Blissie, as she looked to Gawain, and began to channel the healing energy onto him in response.

The Audino noticed with a smug look that the Talonflame had fallen victim to the paralytic attack, and then calmly walked over while it was unable to move. To add insult to injury, Audinaga reached out with her hand, and used a Simple Beam against the paralyzed bird. Trying to push her luck, the Audino tried to use Attract on the Talonflame to make it not work, but...

 

Claraga waited no time, as she attempted to make use of the chances. The Clawitzer aimed toward the Flareon that had just defeated Jamie's Clamperl, and she wasn't too impressed about that. The Clawitzer focused, and then fired off a Mega Launcher powered Water Pulse toward the fire type; hoping it would work correctly.

 

Gothara nodded at the hit, and smiled subtly as she prepared another psybeam, and then fired it off quickly toward the Crobat once more, knowing that it was an important target to take out, even with its confusion.

 

Meanwhile, Megan, otherwise known as Megana, decided to go on the offensive for once. The newly evolved Meganium charged up a Leaf Storm, and then quickly fired it off toward the two water/flying types, as she aimed to catch both of them in the same attack...

 

OOC:

 

Blissaga: Heal Pulse > Gawain
Blissie: Heal Pulse > Gawain

Audinaga: Simple Beam > Talonflame, Attract > Talonflame

Claraga: Water Pulse > Flareon

Gothara: Psybeam > Crobat

Megan: Leaf Storm > Swanna+Pelliper

 

-==IC: Stacy's Pokemon==-

 

The Archeops quickly swooped out of the way, and countered with a Rock Slide toward the Pidgeot. The rock flier wasn't sure exactly how long it could keep this up, but was certain it could last as long as it didn't get hit.

 

Meanwhile, the Diggersby attempted to dodge the Bug Buzz, but was hit head on, and was sent sprawling across the rooftop, where it stayed for several moments, winded from the heavy attack.

 

-==IC: Stacy==-

 

Stacy knocked on the second neighbour's door. These people, however, Stacy had a harder time convincing.

 

"We don't want you bringing the fight to our house." The neighbour scowled, as he crossed his arms at Stacy. The woman, however, simply glared back, mirroring his pose. Stacy shook her head, as she glared to the man, who flinched slightly.

 

"The fight is coming here whether you like it or not; the question is whether you'll be willing to help stop it. Now, will you let us borrow the roof or not?" Stacy asked sharply, and the man opened his mouth to argue again, but winced as an explosion hit the street behind Stacy. The lady ignored the incident as best as she could, and simply continued to glare at the man, who nodded meekly, and let the group into the house.

 

-==IC: Ryan==-

 

As the girl struggled her way out of the Excadrill's arms, the Pokemon watched in stunned silence for a moment, as he frowned, and used Drill Run on his way back to Ryan, clearing a way back to the black haired trainer, only stopping once outside the field of toxic spikes. Ryan nodded in thanks to the Excadrill, and then recalled the steel type.

 

As Shannon and Hannah were talking, Ryan began to walk toward the two, listening to what the two were talking about. Ryan grit his teeth, as he caught a glimpse of Shannon's face. He knew it was too late for anything but his chance.

 

"Shut up." Ryan said to Hannah, as he patted Shannon on the shoulder reassuringly for a moment. He then stepped in front of Shannon, and glared in Hannah's direction. "You know I was kinda hoping Dack was wrong. Is this really all you're doing this for?" Ryan asked, as he growled. "I know from first hand experience just how wrong this sort of revenge quest is, and I'm not about to let anyone make the same mistake I made." Ryan said. He knew this wouldn't likely end well for him in general, but he had to use it... It was the only possible hope outside of actually battling they had.

 

"A few years ago, I thought that things had gone horribly wrong for me, and that the only answer was revenge. But, it turns out that my father just manipulated me the whole time through. What I did was wrong, and led to catastrophic consequences, but it took having sense knocked into me to see that. Until then, I was just like this... And it sickens me now." Ryan growled, as he clenched his fists. "And you're going down that exact same path. But this is inexcusable." Ryan said, as he motioned to Shannon, and then simply continued to glare at Hannah, just plain annoyed at how thick-headed she was being about this.


Edited by An/A Blade, Mar 13 2015 - 12:35 AM.

  • 0

#7025 Offline Konuju

Konuju
  • Members
  • Seeker

  • 13-December 07
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 14 2015 - 12:02 AM

IC: Zoe

Zoe stood in the corner of a large arena. Across from her, a girl named Kayla sneered. Between them sat a pool of water and a small land bridge. They were in The Alamo's training arenas, practicing tag team battles. To Zoe's left stood her partner, Matt, who was not to thrilled about being paired with the notorious daydreamer-klutz Zoe. Across from Matt stood Kayla's partner, Travis. "Hey, Travis!" Zoe called out. "Enjoy that dance? Looks like you had a great time with the Monkey Metronome!"

 

Travis growled, his ears turning slightly pink, for patches of his hair were still singed from Flint dancing on his head the other day. "You're acting tough now, Zany Zoe," he said. "Let's see how you feel when I blow you out of the water!"

 

"I'm not even in the water, Travis!" Zoe shot back. "But if you want to take a swim, feel free!"

 

"Ahem," the instructor said. "This is a tag team battle. As such, you will be graded not only on whether or not you win, but how well you work together with your partner. Remember: trust your partner. Now, each of you choose a Pokémon to send out."

 

Kayla immediately twirled about, lobbing a Luxury Ball into the air. A magnificent Gorebyss materialized, diving gracefully into the water. Travis sent out his Kabuto, which scuttle into the pool as well. Matt glared at his opponents as he sent out a Lapras. "Beat them to the punch!" he cried. "Ice Beam!"

 

"W-wait, I haven't sent out my Pokémon yet!" Zoe cried, fumbling with her Pokéballs. "Eilonwy, how them what a real warrior princess can do!" Her Feebas flopped into the water with a loud splash.

 

Kayla laughed at the fish's ungraceful movements, and even Matt glanced a the Feebas in disgust. "Excuse me?" Travis scoffed. "Warrior Princess? First of all, that's like the stupidest name ever."

 

"Yeah, don't you know anything about princesses?" Kayla jeered.

 

"Second, you can hardly call that pathetic thing a warrior," Travis continued. "And don't even try calling it a princess, cause that's not even close!"

 

"Eilonwy is too a princess!" Zoe stamped her foot on the ground, shooting Travis a glare.

 

"Well unfortunately for you, this is a battle for warriors!" Kayla said. "Whirlpool!" The Gorebyss swam in rapid circles around Eilonwy, trapping the poor fish in an artificial current.

 

"Eilonwy, Tackle!" Zoe cried. Eilonwy tried to ram into the Gorebyss, but she found herself unable to escape the spinning whirlpool.

 

Meanwhile, Lapras' Ice Beam struck Travis' Kabuto. The Shellfish Pokémon merely began to Harden, sinking down to the bottom of the pool where it scuttled across the floor.

 

Zoe clenched her teeth. "Hey Matt, a little help here?" she asked.

 

"Lapras, Confuse Ray!" Matt cried. The Lapras shot a beam of light not toward the Gorebyss, but at the Kabuto. The beam missed, due to the water refraction, and the little crab-like Pokémon continued on its merry way.

 

IC: Dack Majors/Hannah Wright/Shannon Willows/Allison Kinsley

"No one asked you for the sob story," Hannah said. "I could care less about your father or your little catastrophe." She looked at Ryan with a frown. "Wait a second... you're that Hikari boy, aren't you?"

 

Ryan scowled briefly at Hannah's dismissal, but nodded with a frown.

 

Shannon drew a sharp intake of breath as she felt Ryan's hand on her shoulder. So... she thought sadly. He's no different from Hannah. C-could they also be no different from...? As Hannah's words echoed in her mind, Shannon visibly shook. "You think I don't know what happened to Ecruteak?" she said, her voice barely above a whisper. Tears burned her eyes as they rolled down her face. "You think my heart doesn't cry out for you and our other friends? Those whose lives were ruined by that attack?"

 

"Don't try to butter me up," Hannah growled. "The great Shannon Willows would never care about any of us. She'd be too busy bragging about how great those parents of hers were."

 

Shannon shakily stood up, holding Selena in one hand and clenching the other into a fist. "Do you think..." she she said darkly. "A day does not go by where I don't absolutely hate my parents for what they've done?" She shot a glare at the Rocket Executive. "What they did is unforgivable. And you, Hannah, are no better than them!"

 

"I am better!" Hannah cried. "Just you watch! I'm better than them in every way!"

 

Meanwhile, Dack was fed up with being hindered. "We need to get to Hannah now!" he cried. "Iron Head! Wild Charge!" Bastiodon burst through the Fire Spin and rammed into the Dragalge, freeing Luxray to charge toward Allison.

 

The Rocket looked in surprise. "W-what are you--!" Realizing the Luxray wasn't going to stop, she dove out of the way at the last minute. Dack ran after his Luxray toward Hannah, Bastiodon following in their wake.

 

"You're a monster, Hannah," Dack said, having arrived in time to hear the tail end of their conversation. "There's no other way of putting it. Now are you going to come quietly, or are we going to have to take you down?"


  • 0
Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama
2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu
2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta
2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama
2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama
2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka
2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli
2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation
2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui
2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui
2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

#7026 Offline Parugi

Parugi
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Lehvak-Kal Attacks!

  • 27-September 06
  • 3,609 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Mar 14 2015 - 11:44 PM

IC - Emmerich Coleman - Chapel, Meeting Room:

 

"I can agree with that assessment," General Coleman said. "And I can personally guarantee that no stone is left untouched." As he spoke, he worked to type a message through the holographic display of his Poké Gear, soon sending it out to a select set of Chapel Agents. "We'll begin investigations immediately. Should I expect you to join us, or do you have other business to attend to?"

 

IC - Sonja Baron/Maddison Hayes (Kricketune) - Fortree City, Ground Level:

 

The broiling flames within the Chandelure's body did not go entirely unnoticed. That was why, as the flames prepared Lurelite's wave of hot air, Kricketune slowed, suddenly drawing its arm back. The Chandelure's attack came at the same time that Kricketune flipped forward, slamming its blade-like arms against the ground--not merely as a Night Slash attack, but as a combination of that and Brick Break. The resulting explosion of sand and ground from the surprisingly strong blow proved enough to partially block the damage that Kricketune sustained, as well as providing enough cover for it to shoot forward again and appear in front of Lurelite, this time swiping out with a straight-up Night Slash to the face.

 

IC - Ethan Worth/Gavin Braner/Skye Hall - Celadon City, Streets:

 

In running through Celadon City and the gradually-ravaged streets composing it, the Rocket Trio had seen a number of strange and unsettling sights. They had seen white snow stained red from the blood of some fallen combatant, impossible to ascertain whether it had come from friend or foe, assailant or defender. They had seen the grueling conflicts that had taken hold over sections of the city, injuries that had made their skin crawl. They had watched as the softly rolling snow eased its descent through the sky, replaced by the falling ashes of war and devastation.

 

But the oddest thing was not that which was seen, but rather, what went unseen: The monstrous chill of fear that prevented them from moving more than two blocks within the vicinity of Central Park. It was as if the great, burning tree towering above them was warning them not to approach, for fear of something that lay within.

 

After the seventh failed attempt to push past the boundary, Gavin pushed himself back up on his knees, slamming his fist against the snow-covered ground. Fire and ash seemed to swim before his eyes, accompanied by the distant screams of a dying girl. "What the heck is going on!?"

 

"Calm down," Ethan said, though could not stop himself from releasing a frustrated sigh of his own as the last vestiges of a vivid recollection regarding the Unown slipped away from his mind. "We'll just try another road."

 

Skye shook her head, throwing the snow in her hair to the ground. "Wait," she said. "Before we do that . . . Do you have binoculars?"

 

Ethan gave her a confused look. "What?" he asked. "I mean, yeah, but . . . Why?" He followed the path of Skye's finger as she pointed upward. The Rocket Agent smiled. "Aha--the old rooftop surveillance. Why didn't I think of that?" He jumped to his feet, trudging toward one of the nearby buildings. "Come on--maybe we can get an idea of what's going on."

 

IC - ??? - Celadon City, Central Park:

I admire you for wanting to help your friends, but your motives are completely selfish . . .

I am better!

You're right Madison, he's just a kid. He needs to learn his place.

You haven't really given up on your revenge, have you?

And prove my worth in the process . . .

At least I fight for the people who were injured and killed in Sootopolis, instead of myself!

Out of my way!

You think I wouldn't come prepared for that?

And just what gives you the right to determine my place, oh mighty tyrant?

I said, don't lecture me.

The last thing Hannah will want to do is talk!

. . . there are people like me who know that she's a cunning, psychopathic idiot . . .

 . . . And that is why Cresselia refuses to help you.

I'm better than them in every way!

It's hard to work with someone who keeps antagonizing us.

You know what makes me better than Hannah? This.

Like it or not, you are involved.

I could never forget the one who was always better than me!

Next time, don't get in my way.

Like I said, I'm not getting left behind.

Well, who's the better one now?

 

 

Pride.

 

The quality of having an excessively high opinion of oneself or one's importance.

 

Synonymous with Arrogance. Vanity. Hubris. Haughtiness. Conceit. Snobbery.

 

 

 

"You're a persistent one, Dack," Hannah said. Her Gardevoir shifted her focus from Ryan's Samurott to the Luxray that was quickly approaching. "You have no idea how long I've waited for this moment. There's no way I'd back out at a time like this!"

 

"So we're doing this the hard way then, huh?" Dack growled. His Luxray crouched, waiting for the moment to spring into action. "Have it your way. Luxray--"

 

He stopped.

 

Hannah was not sure why, not at first. She was only aware of Dack staring, surprised, at her feet. As she registered his expression, she became aware of a purple light shining beneath her.

 

She looked down.

 

purple shape had appeared on the ground around her, a square with rounded corners save for the cross-like protrusion jutting out in front of her. Four circles occupied various spots within it, the most prominently-glowing areas amidst the multitude of other shapes composing it. Hannah looked up, and seeing that similar shapes had appeared around her Pokémon, her eyes widened.

 

Vanity. The voice that spoke was . . . familiar, somehow. Like something that had whispered to her in her dreams, appeared and vanished without warning and without explanation--something she knew, yet did not know. Conceit.

 

A whirlwind of darkness erupted from the symbol at Hannah and her team's feet, a localized snowstorm of black snow that swiftly engulfed them.

 

"No--what is this!?" Dack yelled, beginning to run forward. At least, he tried to. The trainer found that he could not move, and as he looked down at his immobile feet, he saw why: The same symbol had appeared below him, as well as his own team. The symbol glowed brilliantly, almost blinding him with its intensity, and as it did so, he heard a voice within his head.

 

Arrogance. Hubris.

 

With no further explanation, there came an explosion of black snow, and all became dark.

 

 

 

It seemed that combat was inevitable, for both sides seemed about ready to begin their attacks. Yet the tension did not break, and nothing happened, for there emerged amongst those gathered a sense of alarm as something extremely unusual occurred: A symbol appeared in the snow, purple in color and shaped vaguely like a church, glowing brightly from underneath Aspen Seaton's feet. Similar shapes appeared around his Pokémon, freezing all in place. Though it took only an instant for this to occur, and for a deep rumbling to emerge from the ground, the voice that spoke within Aspen's mind seemed to echo across all of time and space.

 

Snobbery. Haughtiness.

 

And so he had little time to react before an eruption of black, shadowy snow erupted around him, enveloping him and his Pokémon. When it subsided, he was gone, spirited away to some unknown place.

 

 

 

They appeared again before a massive, burning tree, consumed by a fire that splintered and cracked the wood, littering the snowy pavement with the blackness of ash. Their landing was not soft; as the shadows deposited Hannah, Dack, and Aspen, the three fell, momentarily shocked from the suddenness of their teleportation, and the roughness of their travel.

 

Before them, standing in front of the flaming tree, was a Rapidash clad in elegant riding gear. Upon its saddle sat a well-dressed man, his purple eyes glowing out from his silhouetted form to survey his selected targets. At his behest the Rapidash took several steps forward, finally coming to a stop several yards away from the three Trainers.

 

"So, you have survived the darkness within your heart, and the conflict that has resulted from it," he said. "A pity that the very foundations of your durability betray your true form to those in observance."

 

IC - Albero DeLargo:

 

I must resist.

 

The vast expanse of books surrounded him, though they sat on their shelves and thus rested, unopened. The few before him, sprawled across the library desk, were separate, yet connected--paragraphs and pictures all detailing the wide variety of berries and soils and nutrients essential to the cultivation of life. All important information, all essential to him; for his pursuits, his goals, rested on his retaining this knowledge, employing it, using it to care for the world with a tenderness and care that only a true agent of nature could possess--or, at least, as true an agent as a student could hope to be at such a young age . . .

 

I must remember.

 

Your memories will not protect you forever . . .

 

IC - Albero DeLargo:

 

They will protect me long enough for this.

 

Days spent in the garden, planting and grooming a simpler form of life. Creating beauty; sustaining life. Ensuring health. A passionate study, one meant to clam the mind, and protect the world--to sustain it, and all within . . .

 

You don't need control for this part.

 

To ensure it comes to pass--I think so.

 

IC - Abero DeLrgo:

 

Why must it come to pass?

 

A quiet evening spent before the hearth, the same spot always occupied, day by day. A fire to one side; the green and red and yellow decorations of an oft-around traveler to the other. Heirlooms, gifts, prizes--decorations occupying the way, pride of the owner, an end goal to aspire to . . .

 

Why must I make it so?

 

You know your purpose.

 

IC - Abeo Dego:

 

To be and not to be.

 

Children on a playground running about, younger yet growing, growing older every year, every day. Troubled minds; minds at ease. Ones with friends, ones without--some merely in need of a face to talk to belonging not to councilors and parents and teachers . . .

 

I do not have to allow it, if I live.

 

You will die.

 

IC - Aeo ego:

 

My name . . . My name is . . .

 

Albero DeLargo.

 

I've lost my name . . . Have you taken it . . .?

 

You are meant to die.

 

IC - g:

 

You can't have it. You can't have my name . . .

 

A great student. One of the best. The brightest. He'll go far.

 

. . . and you can't have my life.

 

This is not yours to decide.

 

IC - G:

 

I don't understand . . .

 

There had been an argument--a dispute between the children over a ball. He had stepped in. They calmed down--they always did; they knew he was fair. And he was kind. They respected him, for he was an older brother even to those who would not outright admit it. Fairness and kindness--selfless in all matters . . .

 

I bore no Gluttony. I bore Temperance.

 

Temperance only delays the inevitable.

 

IC - Gl:

 

More than most, perhaps . . .

 

Approaching evil planting the seed, the seed deep sowing. Approaching shadow giving it life, life unknowing.

 

I resisted. I was myself. I was stronger . . .

 

Is that so?

 

IC - Gula:

 

My life . . .

 

Student. Mentor. Mediator. Caretaker.

 

I worked so hard to stay impartial . . . and yet here I am.

 

Then Temperance has failed; and so you become like all the rest.

 

IC - Gulottyn:

 

. . .

 

. . .

 

. . .

 

Good-bye, Albero DeLargo.

 

IC - Gluttony - Fortree City, Ashen Field:

 

Albero DeLargo fell very, very still, and very, very quiet. His Pokémon must have sensed it, for they suddenly broke off from their respective battles and fell back--almost deactivating, like automatons, before their trainer. He, too, did not move, did not speak, and from all observation, appeared to have departed entirely from the conflict. His mind was gone.

 

But it soon returned--the same, yet changed.

 

An orange symbol appeared on Albero's forehead, and with it, his aura glowed. His eyelids drooped, and it appeared for a moment as if he might fall over, limp from the unseen impact against his mind. But he remained upright, and though he stumbled, he would not fall. Gluttony regained his footing. He straightened up, closing his eyes and taking a moment to crane his neck, taking a long, deep breath of the battle-worn air that surrounded him, relishing the fumes of fire and smoke and blood.

 

"There's nothing quite like getting rid of a part of yourself that you don't need." Something had changed. His voice was the same, yet not--it possessed a harsher rumble now, a listless edge bereft of the friendly breath that had once accompanied each word.  "Wouldn't you agree?"


Edited by Apears, Mar 14 2015 - 11:51 PM.

  • 0

rotrbanner.png

~ Night Ride ~ Day Run: The Garden (I II III) ~ Perpetual ~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

~ One ~ The Report ~

~ Broken Unity/Review ~

000 - 001 - 002 - 003 - 004 - 005 - 006 - 007 - 008 - 009 - 010 - 011 - 012 - 013 - 014 - 015 - 016 - 017 - 018 - 019 - 020 - 021 - 022 - 023 - 024 - 025 - 026 - 027 - 028 - 029 - 030 - 031 - 032 - 033 - 034 - 035 - 036 - 037 - 038 - 039 - 040 - 041 - 042 - 043 - 044 - 045 - 046 - 047 - 048 - 049 - 050 - 051 - 052 - 053 - 054 - 055 - 056 - 057 - 058 - 059 - 060

Sleep - Stare - Seethe - Savor - Scavenge - Swallow - Scoff - Swindle

 - Decaia Holts - Vidinia LeJauso - Raimundo Rojo - Melanie Garven - Melissa Garven - Albero DeLargo - Gelar Stolz - Tyler McKinley -


#7027 Offline Konuju

Konuju
  • Members
  • Seeker

  • 13-December 07
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 16 2015 - 11:15 AM

IC: Zoe

Zoe rolled her eyes with an exasperated sigh. "Alright Eilonwy... um, try a Flail!" The Feebas, still stuck in the spinning whirlpool, started to flail about in an attempt to escape the churning waters. At long last she managed to fling herself toward the Gorebyss... only for Kayla's Pokémon to bat the small fish with her tail, sending her tumbling back into the whirlpool. The Gorebyss laughed to herself as Eilonwy launched herself again, only to get beaten back again. "Hey!" Zoe cried. "That's not fair!"

 

Kayla laughed. "Aw, did I hurt your feelings, Zany Zoe? Sorry, but this is a battle. Moves like this are fair game!"

 

"Matt, don't you think you might have an easier time hitting Gorebyss?" Zoe asked as the Lapras continued to try and strike Travis' Kabuto with its Confuse Ray.

 

"Don't be silly," Matt said, growing more and more frustrated at the continually failing attacks. "You've got Gorebyss occupied, I need to take care of Kabuto."

 

Zoe shook her head. "Alright," she muttered to herself. "What would Collie do in a situation like this? Shooting Aura Spheres at Matt, Travis, and Kayla is out of the question..."

 

Before Zoe could make up her mind, the Kabuto made it underneath the whirlpool, where it reached up with a claw and Slashed Eilonwy. Zoe cried out as her Feebas was sent reeling. But at the very least, the attack had knocked her out of the whirlpool.

 

"Okay, no more holding back!" Zoe cried. "Eilonwy, give it all you've got! DragonBreath!" The Feebas opened her mouth and shot a blast of concentrated energy at the Gorebyss. The serpentine Pokémon writhed around from the unexpected attack.

 

"Don't let it beat you!" Kayla shouted. "Confusion!" Eilonwy trudged through the attack, fighting off its confusing effect, and began to Flail about, slapping Gorebyss as many times as she could to make up for her previous failed attacks. The Gorebyss tried to counter, but found herself forced back by the persistent fish.

 

Zoe giggled. "There you go, Eilonwy! Show them what it means to mess with a warrior princess!"

 

IC: Kiri/Alaina/Drew

Drew felt his stomach knot up as Lachina looked at him. It was an unusual sensation, a feeling he had heard about but not often experienced himself. He wasn't sure why he felt this way now of all times. Alaina would not approve. He knew such emotions were a hindrance to surviving on the streets. And yet the odd feeling wormed its way into his conscience, reprimanding him for what he had done with Paul's wallet.

 

It was guilt.

 

Under the pressure of Lachina's knowing eye, if he could have, Drew would have chased down the man who had just flown off and returned the money he had stolen. Alaina seemed to realize what was going through Drew's mind and subtly clenched a hand around the pocket of her dress. She was not about to lose their hard-earned loot because of her brother's regrets. She shot Lachina an annoyed look. The Ranger was corrupting her brother, turning him into a pathetic, shameful, law-abiding citizen. Alaina would have none of it.

 

Lachina, of course, ignored Alaina's glare and turned instead toward Kiri.

 

"My nieces and nephew came to visit, yesterday, along with my oldest niece's boyfriend," Kiri explained. "They found Ellen along the way, and from what I gathered, my niece's boyfriend had traveled with her before. I let Ellen stay the night at my house as well, since she had nowhere else to stay. In the morning, Groudon attacked. Ellen and my nieces and nephew and the boyfriend were among the first to try and stop the attack. I'm not much of a battler myself, so I busied myself with trying to get as many people as I could to safety. Lots of buildings collapsed, as you can see, and it was hard work trying to save everyone I could." Kiri sighed. "As such, I can't tell you much about the battle itself, but it looks like a handful of other trainers joined in the fight as well. Apparently whoever was behind the attack fled to Celadon, so that's where most of the trainers went. I think Ellen said she was trying to find a friend to help." She glanced over toward the harbors on the other side of the lake. "I wonder if she was talking about her father."

 

IC: Madison

The Pidgeot swerved around for another attack when Archeops' Rock Slide struck it dead-on. The falling rocks battered its wings, sending it spiraling out of control. Losing altitude, it smashed into the side of Stacy's house before falling onto a balcony, stunned. The Masquerain turned from the stunned Diggersby and, seeing its fellow Pokémon get taken out, retaliated with a Bubble aimed at the Archeops.

 

Meanwhile, the Drifblimb continued floating toward them, unleashing an Ominous Wind combined with a Tailwind. Anzu shuddered from the ghostly attack, unable to avoid the harsh wind. She struggled to fire an Ice Shard at the oncoming Pokémon, but the attack missed widely. The Emolga continued to fly around the rooftop, spinning faster and faster with Agility.

 

"Anzu!" Madison cried. She rushed to shield her Froslass from the winds, looking over at the dazed Diggersby in concern. This battle was turning out much more chaotic than she had ever anticipated.

 

IC: Luke

Rocket Commander Raphael Ballard grinned as his Mawile leapt toward Aspen. The boy seemed to stand there, defenseless, unable to move. The Mawile was about to swipe him aside and show him the error of his ways when a purple symbol appeared at the boy's feet. The Mawile's jaws closed around empty air as Aspen vanished in a whirlwind of darkness. "W-what?" Ballard cried. "What is this sorcery?"

 

Luke turned around, surprised to find Aspen gone. "Where'd that kid run off to now?" he muttered. "No matter. Machoke, you know what to do!" Gritting his teeth against a Psyshock from the Meowstic, Machoke, pushed the psychic cat aside with a Low Sweep, then whirled around and hit the Mawile upside the jaw with a Fire Punch. The Mawile was sent reeling. However, another Psyshock from the Meowstick sent Machoke to its knees. "Well, Aspen sure chose a wonderful time to ditch us," Luke said with a grimace.

 

"He didn't ditch us," one of the Celadonians cried. "He vanished! In a sudden light! It's almost like he was teleported!"

 

"Teleported?" Luke frowned. "But to where?"

 

IC: Shannon

"H-Hannah!" Shannon cried. She stared in shock at the spot where her friend had stood. The Rocket Executive was gone, along with her Pokémon. Shannon had barely registered this when the same thing happened to Dack. She half-expected Ryan or herself to be next, but no more symbols appeared.

 

For a moment, an odd silence seemed to cover the street. Attacks continued to pour from the skies, although they seemed to make no noise. The only sound that pierced the silence was a soft groan from Allison Kinsley, who had just narrowly avoided getting trampled by a Luxray and Bastiodon.

 

Shannon turned her head to look at Ryan, her expression a mixture of relief and doubt. "W-what you said to Hannah..." she said timidly. "Is... is it true?"

 

IC: Dack/Hannah

Dack picked himself up, glaring at the man on the Rapidash. "What are you talking about?" he asked. "Who do you think you are, bringing us here like this? What is the meaning of all this?" In the air above them, Swellow and Noivern stopped their aerial battle, disoriented from their sudden teleportation. The two eyed the man in front of the tree, then looked at their trainers for instruction.

 

Hannah's face was set in a deep frown. In the air to her left, Charizard and the Braviary from earlier appeared. Like Swellow and Noivern, the two paused their battle. Gardevoir's eyes glowed with psychic energy, ready to unleash it on the Rapidash at the first sign of an attack. "Do I know you from somewhere?" Hannah asked, a hand reaching for her own Rapidash's Pokéball should she need it. "What do you want from us?"


  • 0
Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama
2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu
2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta
2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama
2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama
2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka
2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli
2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation
2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui
2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui
2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

#7028 Offline Blessed Blade

Blessed Blade
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Literally Papika

  • 11-August 07
  • 8,066 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Mar 16 2015 - 02:30 PM

-==IC: Ryan==-

 

It was a very long minute or so for Ryan Hikari. First, Ryan was surprised at the sheer reaction to what it sounded like her parents had done. However, he had no time to really think about that, before the glowing symbols appeared beneath Hannah and Dack, and they vanished in an explosion of snow. Ryan stood speechless at that, and looked up when Shannon began to talk. However, even that didn't last, as surprise turned to a mixture of emotions on his face, and the black haired trainer looked away. Ryan numbly nodded, as he had a bad feeling about that tone. He'd heard it before, back in the Pokemon Center even. And it was just another reminder that he couldn't live this down.

 

However, this was not the time to deny what he said, and he'd learned that lies never seemed to help anything in the long run. "... Yes. It's true." Ryan said after a moment, and took a deep breath. "Six months ago, in Unova, I basically kickstarted what ended up turning southeastern Unova into a wasteland for a while. My father roped me into it with the promise to help bring back people I had lost, but it turned out to be all a lie, and I don't know why I ever believed him. I was just... Too lost in the grief and wish for revenge against the people I had thought responsible, that I just threw all logic out the window... I wish I had listened to myself more." Ryan admitted, as he looked up to the sky with a look of guilt and shame on his face.


  • 0

#7029 Offline Konuju

Konuju
  • Members
  • Seeker

  • 13-December 07
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 16 2015 - 03:39 PM

IC: Shannon

Shannon frowned, looking toward the Rocket agent on the ground to avoid looking at Ryan. "You were just like Hannah..." she mumbled. "But you changed. You realized what you were doing was wrong, and you turned over a new leaf." Shannon looked back at Ryan, her eyes glistening. "That gives me hope. That if you could turn back to reason, then maybe Hannah can, too." She glanced sadly at the spot where her friend had vanished. "I just wish I'd known way back then what I was doing to her. Things could have gone so differently..."


  • 0
Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama
2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu
2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta
2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama
2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama
2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka
2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli
2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation
2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui
2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui
2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

#7030 Offline Blessed Blade

Blessed Blade
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Literally Papika

  • 11-August 07
  • 8,066 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Mar 16 2015 - 06:52 PM

-==IC: Stacy's Pokemon==-

 

The Archeops quickly launched itself to the side as it noticed the Bubble coming toward it. The Archeops noticed the offending Pokemon, and proceeded to speed toward it Acrobatically, and sliced out with its talon with a flip to finish the maneuver.

 

The Diggersby laid on the ground, as he was winded from the previous attack. However, it did not mean the rabbit was not watching. In fact, even as the flying squirrel circled overhead, the Diggersby was waiting, counting, watching. On one such pass, the Diggersby launched himself up into the air, leading with his ear fist, as it glowed with the power of an Ice Punch, aimed right at the Emolga in question.

 

-==IC: Stacy==-

 

Stacy frowned, still not impressed by the man's attitude, as she opened the door to the roof. Stacy shielded her face from the wind, as she stepped onto the roof. "Alright, everyone, take up positions..." Stacy said, as she sent out her final two Pokemon. The woman had a bad feeling about things, though, as she frowned and looked up toward the sky, as she hoped they would be able to take out the Pokemon without actually further damaging the buildings in the area.

 

-==IC: Ryan==-

 

Ryan had accepted the fact that he was beyond help. So Shannon's words had surprised him a lot. Ryan looked to Shannon in surprise and confusion, as he scratched his head, unsure what to say. "Uh, thanks." Ryan said, but frowned slightly in response to her comment about Hannah. "I still have hope too... Even with her dismissal of all this. But, it took things utterly backfiring for me to actually start to realize where I went wrong." Ryan explained, and then looked to the side, as his thoughts began to wander to what he thought he had accepted... Was he wrong in thinking that he couldn't be saved? Was he wrong in thinking he had been corrupted beyond repair? Was... he actually a good person?


  • 0

#7031 Offline Dr. Hidaka

Dr. Hidaka
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Stalwart Defender

  • 09-June 03
  • 459 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Mar 16 2015 - 07:43 PM

OOC: Adding in reactions for Albero's Pokemon. This takes place during Parugi's post.

 

IC: Albero DeLargo

 

As Albero finally lost the battle within, the battlle outside raged on. His Hariyama's attack lowered by Charm, there was nothing he could really do about the Sky Attack Togie had aimed at him, knocking down the Hariyama. Garchomp's Dragon Claw didn't seem to leave a scratch on Rhyperior's hide, but as a result, he couldn't focus on guarding against Missy's Magical Leaf. The attack struck the Rhyperior head on, causing a great deal of damage to him. Rhyperior looked very close to fainting, but didn't seem like the pokemon who would fall easily.

 

Meanwhile, Emboar was struck by the Pursuit, but managed to hold on to consciousness. Getting back up, he nodded with satisfaction at Aizen's being knocked out, but looked as his master, who looked incredibly stressed. He couldn't decide what to do in the midst of all this. As Emboar thought, Metagross glared at Zangetsu's Close Combat. This attack actually stung it more than it thought. Rearing up it's heavy foreleg, the Metagross then prepared to slam it down, when it froze in place.

 

Swalot cursed in his head. This trainer had seen through his plan and had managed to make his strategy fail. As the Shadow Ball struck him, the Destiny Bond took hold of Rukia, knocking out the Snow Land Pokemon. Last, but certainly not least, Snorlax, seeing Samurott charging at him with reckless abandon, prepared to unleash a Gunk Shot, when he felt a terrible will force itself upon his mind.....

 

 

OOC: Will post as Gluttony proper, after Ray and Ryan can react to his transformation.

 

IC: Vlad

 

As Hayes' Kricketune dealt with the Heat Wave, Vlad had performed a backflip and altered his flight path so that he was facing the Kricketune's back. There was no time to wait for orders from his master. He had to improvise again, if not to stop Lurelite from getting fainted, but to knock this pest out. Vlad swooped towards Kricketune, his fangs becoming cold and far more rigid. As he drew close, Vlad opened his mouth and chomed down on Kricketune as it was about to strike Lurelite.  Ice began to build up near were Vlad bit down, slowly spreading outward on the Kricketune.


  • 0

#7032 Offline Metal Gear Minun

Metal Gear Minun
  • Members
  • Scavenger Va

  • 31-July 03
  • 640 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 16 2015 - 10:17 PM

IC: Arthurs - Central Celadon

 

The Flareon was surprised by the sudden Water Pulse coming at him. So surprised that he tripped, and fell back into the Whirlpool that Lamorak had left behind. And stayed right in the path of the Water Pulse.

 

Suffice to say, the Flareon did not get back up.

 

Pelleas was hardly daunted by the first attack failing. If at first you don’t succeed, try and try again. With wings spread and Sylph backing him once more, the Heracross used Aerial Ace again. The Dustox tried once again to use Protect, hoping that he could stall long enough to use Quiver Dance once more. But the shield refused to appear at all.

 

With all the power granted to him the Heracross ripped the Dustox from the sky and slammed the Bug-Poison into the ground, knocking the Dustox out in one blow.

 

Lawrence's Crobat had the speed to evade the Gothorita’s Psybeam, until it was suddenly stopped by a sudden feeling of paralysis. Yet another Flying Type that fell victim to Galahad’s Thunder Wave, and sadly for the Crobat, it was fully paralyzed. In addition to Gothara’s Psybeam, Lucan’s two heads both prepared Icicle Spear launching two spears each at their respective targets, the left head targeting the Crobat as well. The two super-effective attacks were enough to finish the Crobat.

 

Ledian tried to evade as well, but found himself caught by Guinevere’s Psychic. After making sure the Machamp was knocked out, the Gardevoir had turned her attention to the few opponents still fighting. She held the Ledian in place while sending her own Ice Beam at the Bug-Flying while Lucan’s Icicle Spears approached. The combined Icy might was enough to finish the Ledian.

 

Upon retreating his final Pokemon, Lawrence scowled at James, frustrated at yet another loss to his former subordinate.

 

“Sir, please retreat! We’ll cover you!” one of the trainers who still had non-fainted Pokemon called.

 

"...Right, follow after me when you can," he said, his head hung in shame before he started to run away with the other agents whose Pokemon had also all been knocked out.

 

The Talonflame was caught between a rock and a hard place when it came to evading Audinaga’s attacks, especially due to the paralysis. The bird thought for a moment before choosing to focus on evading the Attract. The Talonflame grew noticeably slower when the Simple Beam hit it. However, the Talonflame immediately began to use Swords Dance, once he was given Simple, boosting his attack to outrageous heights.

 

Before it could use its power though, the Talonflame was caught in a tide of Muddy Water created by Gawain. Hurt but not down, the Talonflame targeted Audinaga with Flare Blitz.

 

The Paralysis both the Swanna and the Pelliper had only ensured that the Meganium’s Leaf Storm would hit both of them. Unable to move out of the way, both Water-Flying types had to merely take the hits, relying solely on their natural bulk to survive the bombardment of leaves. The Swanna found itself again unable to retaliate, but the Pelliper was able to finally move and used Air Slash to try and strike back at her attacker.

 

Bedevere tried to help fight the Talonflame. But the Flying type was a bit out of the range of his Razor Shell, so the Shellder tried to use his Rock Blast. “Tried” being the key word. He accidentally shot both shots nearly directly up and both rocks fell directly back at him. Considering how much power Shell Smash had given him and how defense it had taken away, it was quite worrisome. The Shellder tried to Withdraw but the process was much too slow. Only when Lancelot smashed the rocks with his Bullet Punch was the Shellder saved.

 

Jamie hid her face with a hand out of embarrassment.

 

"Unacceptable..." she muttered.


  • 0

25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg


#7033 Offline Konuju

Konuju
  • Members
  • Seeker

  • 13-December 07
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 17 2015 - 11:51 PM

IC: Madison

The Masquerain dove to the side, but was unable to avoid Archeops' Arcobatics. It twisted into a Quiver Dance, trying to keep a good distance from the Rock-Flying-Type. Diggersby's ear-fist met thin air as one of the illusory Double Team copies of the Emolga faded. The flying squirrel snickered and shot an Electro Ball at the Archeops as it continued to fly around the rooftop.

 

Madison glanced over her shoulder, and was surprised to see the Drifblim had vanished. The skier stood up, looking around cautiously. The Drifblim had been close to the roof, and it couldn't have gone very far. Suddenly, Anzu cried out in pain. Madison whirled around to see the Drifblim leaping out of the shadows, striking the Froslass with Phantom Force. Anzu had no chance to react, falling hard against the rooftop.

 

IC: Luke

"I'm guessing you Rockets aren't behind whatever happened to Aspen," Luke said, his Machoke advancing toward the Meowstic.

 

"Don't look at me," Commander Ballard said. "My instructions involve only one person, and it definitely wasn't that kid."

 

"Well, can't say I'm not glad to be rid of him," Luke muttered. "But I'd hate to be the one to tell Dahlia and Olivia the news." As his Machoke swung a Karate Chop at the Meowstic, Luke turned toward one of the Celadonians. "You. You're responsible for telling Aspen's sisters what happened to him."

 

Machoke jerked his head in shock at Luke's words, causing him to stumble as he swung his arm. The Meowstic snickered as it jumped back and unleashed another Psyshock on the distracted Fighting-Type.

 

IC: Shannon

Shannon nodded numbly. "I don't want to see Hannah broken," she said. "But... if it will bring back the Hannah I once knew, I suppose it would be worth it." She looked over at Ryan, seeing the uncertainty on his face. "Do... do you think she'll ever fully heal from this?" she asked, looking away. "Especially when I'm the one responsible... She may never be my friend again. If she was ever truly my friend in the first place."

 

IC: Ryan

Ryan shuddered as he looked at Albero. He did not seem like the same person they had been battling up until now. His hand clenched into a fist. "Is this... is this the same thing that happened to Melanie and Melissa?" he asked in a shaking voice.

 

Quil picked himself up, dazed from hitting the tree. He looked around at the battlefield, and decided to try a Swift attack aimed at the Emboar. Togie grinned as he hovered near Orihime, exuberant that his attack had actually managed to take out the Hariyama. Still trying to catch his breath, the Togekiss shot an Aura Sphere toward the Metagross. Ampere looked up in surprise as Rukia fell to the Destiny Bond. Nodding her thanks, the Mareep scanned the battlefield, looking for her next target. Her eyes fell on the Metagross, and she fired a Signal Beam at it.

 

Missy was pleased that her attack had done significant damage to the Rhyperior. Feeling a stroke of confidence, the Mismagius Shadow Sneaked over to the Rock-Ground-Type, hoping to finish it off. Garchomp fell at the Rhyperior's side, sinking into unconsciousness. Even as Ryan recalled the fainted Pokémon, Samurott grabbed both seamitars and threw herself into a Revenge attack aimed at the Snorlax.

 

OOC:

Quil: Swift -> Emboar

Togie: Aura Sphere -> Metagross

Ampere: Signal Beam -> Metagross

Missy: Shadow Sneak -> Rhyperior

Garchomp: Fainted

Samurott: Revenge -> Snorlax


  • 0
Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama
2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu
2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta
2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama
2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama
2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka
2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli
2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation
2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui
2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui
2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

#7034 Offline Blessed Blade

Blessed Blade
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Literally Papika

  • 11-August 07
  • 8,066 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Mar 18 2015 - 03:37 PM

-==IC: Ryan==-
 
Ryan looked back, as he had no clue how to actually respond to that. He didn't know Hannah that well, but if her situation was anything like his... It had taken six months on his own to come to terms with what he had done. But even then, the question remained about whether Hannah and Shannon's friendship could even exist. Ryan knew that Shannon was likely taking that hard. After all, the entire time since they'd brought her into the fight, she'd been adamant that Hannah was her friend... But now even that was in question.
 
"I'm not sure how she'd be." Ryan admitted after a moment, and closed his eyes and turned his head downward. "I wouldn't give up hope, though. Everyone's different, and I'd say that Hannah's situation in general was better off." Ryan opened his eyes and looked back to Shannon. "But, I think she was your friend. Maybe even still is. But, only time will really tell." Ryan scratched his head, as he realized he was probably doing a horrible job at helping out.
 
"Let's hope so..." Shannon muttered. "Thanks for the encouragement." She lowered her eyes, looking down at the Furret in her arms. "Selena's looking pretty bad... do you happen to have anything for her?"
 
Ryan looked back to the Furret, having nearly forgotten about the fact that she had run through the Toxic Spikes to get to Shannon. "Yeah, one sec." Ryan said, as he dug through his bag, and grabbed an Antidote. Ryan walked over to where Shannon and Selena were, and then knelt down. He reached out to the Furret with the Antidote in his hands, and then attempted to administer it, a soft but intent look on his face for that moment.
 
Selena cried out from the sting of the Antidote, but her breathing became less labored. Soon she was resting peacefully in Shannon's arms. Shannon stroked her Furret's fur, then smiled up at Ryan. "Thanks," she said.
 
"No problem." Ryan said with a nod as he stood back up. Ryan looked around the area, as he noted the damage, and then frowned. "I think there's nothing we can do about Hannah right at this moment, but..." Ryan thought for a second, and looked over to Shannon. "I think maybe you should gather up your stuff, just in case anything gets worse. Better to be safe, than to be sorry, after all."
 
-==IC: Ray==-
 
"It's likely." Ray said, as he frowned. He could tell something about Albero had changed, and he had a bad feeling what. "So, I guess now we call you Gluttony?" Ray asked the Sin, a wary look on his face, as he got into a battle position. Ray recalled the members of his team that had fainted uncertainly, as he glanced over to Ryan, hoping that he had a better plan than just running into the fight like this. However, Ray had to keep a calm head, and he knew it. He glanced toward the opposing team, as he wondered just what was going on with them, as they all seemed to be... acting oddly.

 

-==IC: Lucia==-

 

The Audino seemed surprised when the Attract had not worked. Unsure what to do at all, Audinaga attempted to dodge out of the way; however, it was too late, and she got slammed backwards, knocked out instantly. Lucia was surprised at that, but recalled the Audino quickly.

 

Megana was not exactly in the best of situations either, as the Meganium was surprised by the Air Slash getting through. She tried to run out of the way; however, her unease with her newly evolved form allowed the Pelliper to land its attack first. The Meganium proceeded to fall to the ground, fainted.

 

Gothara attempted to help out Audinaga; however, her attack was blocked by the Audino being in the way. Her attempt to target the Talonflame despite the obstruction, however, resulted in her overshooting the target, and hitting thin air. Lucia was dumbstruck at how badly things were going at this particular moment.

 

Blissie and Blissaga decided to team up once more. Blissaga quickly chirped a plan to Blissie, and the other Blissey hesitantly nodded, and began to slowly clap for Lucia's Blissey, calling upon another Helping Hand. Blissaga then inhaled, and used another Hyper Voice on the two paralyzed water/flying types, launching it toward them...

 

Claraga saw her ally's situation, and sighed, as the shrimp-like Pokemon shook her head. She, however, charged up another Water Pulse, and shot it toward the Talonflame quickly; hoping to take it out from a distance.
 
OOC: Battle:

 

Audinaga: Fainted

Megana: Fainted

Gothara: Psybeam > Talonflame (Miss)

Blissie: Helping Hand > Blissaga

Blissaga: Hyper Voice > Pelliper, Swanna

Claraga: Water Pulse > Talonflame


Edited by An/A Blade, Mar 18 2015 - 07:04 PM.

  • 0

#7035 Offline Flipz

Flipz
  • Members
  • Tohunga

  • 16-June 12
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 18 2015 - 10:43 PM

OOC: Konujam!

IC: Palmer/Natalie
Natalie blinked in confusion. "You mean you don't know what..."

As Palmer stared back at Amelia, he established his mental link with Cresselia. He pressed the Lunar Pokémon for her insight, repeating Natalie's question. Did this woman really not know what her Sneasel had done?

Her confusion seems genuine, Cresselia responded. I should also note that she seems incredibly distrusting of everyone but yourself.

Palmer mentally expressed his thanks, before giving Amelia a kind look. "This may come as quite a shock," he said. "But your Sneasel attacked that Rocket trainer's Pokémon, as well as the Rocket herself. But... it was far more than just an ordinary attack. Your Sneasel used lethal force -- it killed those Pokémon and their trainer."

"It killed them in cold blood!" Natalie cried. Other people in the Pokémon Center, who were not part of Palmer's group, overheard the conversation and stared at Amelia in surprise. "And as that Sneasel's trainer, you have to answer for its actions."


IC:Amelia/Natalie/Palmer
Amelia looked down her nose at the other Trainer, her impassive gaze betraying no emotion. After a moment's pause, she spoke.

"So in other words, you're saying she got what was coming to her for escalating."

"Got what was--" Natalie bit her lip, glaring daggers at Amelia. "I don't care what she did. No one deserves that!"

Amelia scowled, jerking her left arm out of a Nurse's disapproving grip to tug up her bloodstained blouse and the bandages beneath, revealing the bubbling blisters and puncture wounds beneath. (One of the nurses inhaled sharply at the reversal of her hard work, but decided it was best not to complain.)

"No one, huh? So you're telling me that, while I'm lying on the street, half-unconscious and dying from her attempts to kill me, my Sina ain't justified in returning the favor?" Amelia snorted at the waitress' ignorance. "Lady, I don't know where you grew up, but in real life you don't tend to live too long if you let people tryin' to kill ya get in a second shot."

"Two wrongs don't make a right," Natalie muttered. "And I've survived well enough so far."

"Enough," Palmer said, stepping between the two women. "Yelling at each other isn't going to change anything. Now come on, Natalie. We have to get to the east gate."

The waitress turned away from Amelia in disgust.

Amelia crossed her arms. "And you've clearly never known what true helplessness is really like," she muttered, loud enough to be heard, but softly enough that the waitress would have to make a point of arguing if she wanted to argue. Nonetheless, the spy allowed herself to be patched up with no further objections, and the moment her Pokémon were returned to her, she sulkily followed the pair, having nothing else of note to do.

As soon as Amelia was outside, however, she smelled something strange. "Is that...smoke?" she asked, not sure if she could completely trust her Scald-scattered senses.

It hardly mattered, however.

No sooner had the spy stepped forth than a fresh rain of Thunderbolts fell from the sky, shooting swiftly across the Celadon skyline. Amelia's gaze followed their path in alarm--please no, please no, please don't hit--

Impact.

No!

Without a word, the still-weakened woman began to run full-tilt in the direction of some of the taller buildings of Celadon City, now pockmarked with gaping gashed torn clear through steel and concrete. Her destination was the one in particular that seemed to have taken the most damage...

...the Celadon City Hospital.

  • 0
 

Me: *has idea*
Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."
--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK
3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

#7036 Offline Metal Gear Minun

Metal Gear Minun
  • Members
  • Scavenger Va

  • 31-July 03
  • 640 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 21 2015 - 09:44 PM

IC: Claus/Richard - Virbank City Docks

 

The boat trip to Unova lasted longer than Richard particularly cared for. He’d wandered for so long before coming to Team Liberty, that his ability to stay relatively still in one place had severely atrophied. If not for the changing scenery, the bard was sure that he would have gone insane. The poor violinist was reduced to playing every musical piece he knew of Bach to keep his mind off of his stir-craziness.

 

It was of much relief to the bard when the ship finally pulled into port. He would have jumped off the ship and swam to shore if he didn’t have his violin with him. But Claus found him conspicuously loitering near where the passengers would be let off.

 

“Alright Virbank City, here we are!” Richard exclaimed as he set foot on dry land, restraining himself from kissing the ground and running off.

 

“Glad to be Bach on Unovan soil?” Claus asked upon stepping onto the docks himself.

 

“Har.”

 

As Richard finished his solo rendition of Bach’s work, the sound of clapping came from the boat. The pair turned around and saw a few of the sailors applauding the bard's performance. He bowed modestly, trying to hide the grin on his face.

 

“So my man, what’s the plan?”

 

Claus looked at Richard funny.

 

“Okay, so that rhyme wasn’t my best work.”

 

Claus shrugged, “Check in at the Pokemon Center first.”

 

Richard shrugged back, “Works for me.”

 

OOC: Happy Birthday Johann Sebastian Bach.


Edited by Totally Colette; Not Minun, Mar 21 2015 - 09:45 PM.

  • 0

25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg


#7037 Offline Chroma Champion JiMing

Chroma Champion JiMing
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Battling Makuta!

  • 08-November 11
  • 546 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 22 2015 - 06:19 PM

OOC: First gonna get an Aspen IC outta the way, I have a feeling the other ICs will take a little bit. xP

IC: Aspen Seaton

 

Okay. I got this. Aspen thought to himself while he and Luke stared down Rocket Commander Ballard. He had made it through the false Groudon in Sootopolis, and the destruction that ensued. Surely, he could make it through this.

 

"Aria, Aura Sphere on that Mawile!" he cried, but before the attack could go through, Aspen and his Pokemon looked underneath them to find a purple, glowing symbol beneath their feet. 

What the-?! the trainer thought, quickly panicking as he found himself unable to move his feet to escape the symbol. Then a voice rang in his head, coming from all directions, but with no one in sight....

 

Snobbery. Haughtiness.

 

"H-Huh?!" he sputtered, looking around in a panic, quickly seeing the Mawile leap towards him. Aspen raised his arms in a futile attempt to guard the strike, but before he knew it, everything went dark. 

 

For one long, awful moment, Aspen was wondering whether he had died and made it to the afterlife. That question was quickly answered when he slammed into the ground with a horrible jolt. The boy stumbled upwards, disoriented from the travel, and saw himself standing next to Dack and Hannah, while in front of him lay a burnt tree and a well-dressed man using a Rapidash as his elegant steed. 

What is going... On??! he thought panickingly. Aspen wasted no time grabbing his Pokegear, and typed out a series of short, disjointed messages to Dahlia, Olivia, and Zach, at least wanting them to know something was going wrong....

 

help

dont know whre iam

 

somthing happened

pruple. Ight

 

and .M somewhre else

looks lke apark

someone'stheer

whats hppengn

pleas help

 

While her trainer was panicking and attempting to call for help, Aria stepped forward once, and looked directly at the man she had last seen back at the restaurant. "Hmm... Your aura didn't lie. Whatever you are, you're not human." she said. "It's fairly obvious that you were in fact, the one to have summoned all of us here at this park.... Would you care to share for what purpose you have done this for?" Then the Lucario recalled what he had brought up previously about Pokemon, and thought for a moment.

"I am of course, merely asking the question that is likely on everyone's mind." she added, bowing afterwards. "Nothing more, nothing less.... I am merely a Pokemon, after all."


Edited by Toph Beifong, Mar 22 2015 - 11:30 PM.

  • 0

#7038 Offline Parugi

Parugi
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Lehvak-Kal Attacks!

  • 27-September 06
  • 3,609 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Mar 24 2015 - 05:11 AM

IC - Maddison Hayes (Kricketune) - Fortree City, Ground Level:

 

So the ice would spread, at least as long as Vlad's teeth remained in contact with Kricketune's arm. The Bug-Type would have none of that. Using the Fang Scorpion Pokémon's own momentum against it, Kricketune spun, whirling Vlad around with him, slamming the Gliscor against Lurelite. When this impact still did not dislodge Vlad, Kricketune raised his free arm, bringing it down--hard--in a Brick Break attack upon the Fang Scorpion Pokémon's head, allowing him to pull his arm free.

 

Kricketune immediately flew backward, coming to a stop on the other side of the field. The Bug-Type panted, though did not appear ready to faint quite yet--not even with the ice covering one arm, rendering it much less useful.

 

IC - Esen Windred - Dendemille Town, Abandoned Windmills:

 

Esen could sense that the truck--or, more accurately, the trucks and their operators--were trouble from a mile away.

 

She and Bat had hurried in the direction of the rumbling engine as soon as they had heard it, and upon passing by the last windmill blocking their view, Esen had immediately darted back behind it, peering around its wall to watch what was happening. Three large transports--generally inconspicuous, save for their size--had been parked in a field, and now six or seven individuals busied themselves with loading what appeared to be a set of five large containers of some kind into the trucks. From what she could make out, it seemed to Esen that each one was designated for a specific type of Pokémon--some containing only a kind of pink bird-like Pokémon, and others with different, yet equally unfamiliar species, though one or two of which Esen recognized as Fairy-Types. All appeared far too full for their occupants to be comfortable.

 

As she scanned the field, something else caught Esen's attention. Two men stood off to the side, giving directions to the others. One wore a white coat over a dark suit; the other, a dark brown suit. Both wielded an oddly-colored cane. More noteworthy than that, however, was the individual tied up at their feet, a motionless, brown-haired boy whom--as she watched--the larger, dark-suited man dragged toward one of the trucks, lifting him in.

 

Esen inhaled sharply. Kyle.

 

She moved forward.

 

A tug at her heel stopped her from going any further, throwing her off balance and allowing her assailant to drag her back behind the windmill. Esen whipped around, trying to yank her foot free as she shifted into a battle-ready stance, expecting one of the poachers' goons. What she found instead was the Noivern from earlier, now with a young Noibat lying on its head. The larger Pokémon had lightly clamped her jaws on Esen's boot, and now looked up at her with a pleading gaze, shaking her head as if to say, Don't go down there.

 

Esen pulled again. "You need to let go," she said. "My friend is down there! I can't just let them take him--" She froze as the Noibat crawled forward, chirping at her and staring with pale, tired eyes. Esen could see a severe wound on the Pokémon's side. "They did that to you, didn't they?" The Noibat blinked at her. The trainer cupped a hand over her mouth. "Did Kyle save you?" Though the Noibat did not appear to understand her question, Esen was beginning to piece together what had happened--how Kyle had ended up a captive of these men. This did nothing to ease her concern: If they were willing to act so carelessly, so cruelly towards such a young Pokémon, then surely, against an older, experienced trainer . . .

 

The trucks were starting. The men were packing up. Esen turned back to face them, her mind racing, face paling as the back compartments were closed off one by one, cutting off her view of Kyle. I can't let them go yet! She tugged again at the Noivern's grip, though the Pokémon still did not let go.

 

They were pulling out, driving away now.

 

Esen growled, slamming her hand against the side of the windmill. "Dang it--Swoobat, follow them!" she ordered. The Courting Pokémon nodded, flapping his wings and hurrying forward to give chase. He vanished amongst the trees moments after the trucks had. With the danger gone, Noivern let Esen go, though all she could do now was stare after the vehicles, whose engines were beginning to fade into the distance.

 

After a moment, the trainer aimed a hard kick against the windmill. The Noibat gave her a dejected look; the Noivern growled softly. "There weren't that many down there," Esen said to the Sound Wave Pokémon, though she directed the words towards the ground. "I could've taken them . . . Why did you stop me . . .?"

 

IC - ??? - Celadon City, Central Park:

 

The man frowned, glaring at Dack and matching the quiet ferocity of his gaze with a subdued power that could easily have overtaken it. He directed his Pokémon to begin walking, slowly, in a wide circle around the three trainers. The flames on his steed's back and neck emphasized the ridges of his face as his features came into view, no longer obscured by the burning pyre in the center of the park. His Rapidash loosed an angry snort, neighing softly at the threat of combat directed toward it. He pulled the Fire Horse Pokémon's reins, steadying her unease. It seemed that with every step his Pokémon took, every leg of the circle that he moved, the man shifted his gaze from one face to another, as if assessing his targets.

 

"Amusing," he said, though did not smile. "How quickly your attitudes change when you lose control over your situation . . ." He swept his eyes over Hannah, the Rocket Executive staring back with an uncertain air. "How aggressively you demand answers from the one whose hand you cannot force . . ." He glanced at Dack again. "How helpless you become without the very allies you have so readily admonished in the past . . ." He met Aspen's eye, sensing the darkness hidden within. "But, I suppose we'll get to that. In the meantime, allow me to introduce myself--for that should answer all of your questions."

 

The man eased his Rapidash to a stop on the other side of the group so that he now faced the burning monument. With expert movements, he dismounted, the snow crunching beneath his feet. "There exists within all of you a very particular fault, one that has driven you forth in personal discourse and catalyzed your appearance here, though you may not have realized it. It is a Sin most foul--whose voice and name I deign to share." He straightened up. "Not long ago I would have introduced myself by the name Gelar Stolz. But since then I have seen my Truth, and that name no longer bears meaning to me. Now . . ." He paused, lifting his arms.

 

"I am Pride. And you . . ." Pride pointed at the group, eyes narrowing. "You have dared to tread upon my title, flaunting power and superiority that you cannot back. Unacceptable. Pride is a Sin that you must earn, and I will not have its meaning squandered by such basic individuals." He frowned, his expression seeming to soften. He opened his palm, sweeping his hand through the air. "Or . . . do you object to these accusations? Do you perhaps think them to be not as severe of transgressions as I have made them seem--a misunderstanding of your intentions, as it were? And if that is the case, then perhaps you will have my forgiveness." And now, Pride smiled. "Though, such being the case . . . Forgiveness, more so than Pride, must be earned as well."

 

OOC: Vs. Pride

(Alternative Track)


Edited by Apears, Mar 24 2015 - 05:08 PM.

  • 1

rotrbanner.png

~ Night Ride ~ Day Run: The Garden (I II III) ~ Perpetual ~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

~ One ~ The Report ~

~ Broken Unity/Review ~

000 - 001 - 002 - 003 - 004 - 005 - 006 - 007 - 008 - 009 - 010 - 011 - 012 - 013 - 014 - 015 - 016 - 017 - 018 - 019 - 020 - 021 - 022 - 023 - 024 - 025 - 026 - 027 - 028 - 029 - 030 - 031 - 032 - 033 - 034 - 035 - 036 - 037 - 038 - 039 - 040 - 041 - 042 - 043 - 044 - 045 - 046 - 047 - 048 - 049 - 050 - 051 - 052 - 053 - 054 - 055 - 056 - 057 - 058 - 059 - 060

Sleep - Stare - Seethe - Savor - Scavenge - Swallow - Scoff - Swindle

 - Decaia Holts - Vidinia LeJauso - Raimundo Rojo - Melanie Garven - Melissa Garven - Albero DeLargo - Gelar Stolz - Tyler McKinley -


#7039 Offline Dr. Hidaka

Dr. Hidaka
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Stalwart Defender

  • 09-June 03
  • 459 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Mar 25 2015 - 01:52 AM

IC: Gluttony

 

As the fighting ensued, the being known as Gluttony reached out to Ryan's mind, aiming to keep Ray out of this most private conversation. This was for Ryan and himself. The battle outside was a mere formality. The battle within was what truly mattered.

 

"Who cares about me, when you are so much more interesting?" Gluttony asked mockingly. "You hungered for the spotlight. But now, when it shines on you, you don't want it. Why is that?"

 

"Is it because now your friend's life is at stake?", Gluttony continued, his laughing echoing hungrily in Ryan's mind, "Could it be because the cost was too high to be worth it?"


  • 0

#7040 Offline Blessed Blade

Blessed Blade
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Literally Papika

  • 11-August 07
  • 8,066 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Mar 25 2015 - 03:15 PM

-==IC: Erika==-

 

Erika and the group had been more or less left alone, surprisingly enough. There were a few times when they were approached; however, Erika and Dahlia had teamed up to drive them off.

 

"Well done." Erika said to Dahlia with a smile, as the two fought off another of the rockets, the rest of the trainers present holding off some of the others. "That Buneary of yours is very strong, I sense it going places in the future."

 

-==IC: Jenny==-

 

It was looking bad. Nothing was hitting, or if it was, it did next to nothing. Lurelite and Vlad were hurting; not out, but hurting. Jenny closed her eyes, as she tried to think of what the answer could be; what could even touch this thing, which sped around like the entire forest was on fire.

 

That's when the answer hit her like a freight train going 90 miles an hour would hit a watermelon that had been tossed from a cannon in the opposite direction. Speed, huh? Jenny thought, as she opened her eyes, a confident look on her face. "Lurelite, come back!" Jenny said, as she recalled the Chandelure, and then gripped another Pokeball. It's your turn to shine like a light. Jenny thought, as she looked down at the sphere, and then flung it to the field. As the Pokeball opened, however, there was a mere flash, and then... nothing. However, if the Kricketune was just perceptive enough... It might be able to make out the red blur that was rushing toward it with the speed of a bullet.

 

OOC:

Chandelure: Recalled

Scizor: Bullet Punch > DELELELELELELELE WOOOOOOOOOOP

 

-==IC: Stacy's Pokemon==-

 

The Archeops was caught off guard, but then the Diggersby yelped out an order. The Archeops stared down the attacks that were headed for it, and then vanished, as the Diggersby appeared in its place using Protect. The Archeops appeared in the spot where the Diggersby had been, having utilized Ally Switch to help out, and then sped off to guard Anzu while she was recouping from that last attack; it was obvious that Stacy's Pokemon were going to keep their oath to keep Madison safe, no matter what.

 

OOC:

Archeops: Ally Switch > Diggersby

Diggersby: Protect


  • 0




0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users