Makuta True Form

Technically they are always in their 'true form', which is the greenish gas (Antidermis) inside their armour. When they shapeshift only their armour changes - it's kind of like putting on another set of clothes rather than their actual self changing.

Alot of times it shows them in the armor that Teridax has, but that could just be for the gas form. But most artificial things are based off of old things/ideas, so their armor (if it's like Teridax's) could be modeled after their old bodies. But then theirs hints here and there that they looked some what different from each other before that evolution and Teridax's rise to power. ~Ro

I thought that, as shapeshifting is a Kraata power, they would always have had it, and it just became easier to do after evolving (like making kraata). I think the depiction of the 2003 Makuta set for various Makuta's forms was done because it was easier than drawing completely new forms for Makuta that wouldn't actually show up in the story anyways.Edit: Of course, individual Makuta could have preferred forms, like Antroz's Jetrax, Krika liking spikes, and Miserix as a dragon.

Edited by Baron Von Nebula

Read my comedy, about the Hero Factory villains watching a television channel produced by our Spherus Magnan friends!

The Bionicle Channel

"I expect that when I write my next entry in this chronicle, I will be writing as uncontested ruler of the Brotherhood."

-Certainty, my Memoirs of the Dead entry

I thought that, as shapeshifting is a Kraata power, they would always have had it, and it just became easier to do after evolving (like making kraata). I think the depiction of the 2003 Makuta set for various Makuta's forms was done because it was easier than drawing completely new forms for Makuta that wouldn't actually show up in the story anyways.Edit: Of course, individual Makuta could have preferred forms, like Antroz's Jetrax, Krika liking spikes, and Miserix as a dragon.

I'd imagine they each had a preferrred form. I don't think it was ever stated what that may be. Teridax's seemed to be his shadow titan form.Miserix stayed as a dragon because it took an amazing amount of power and strength to become large enough where he wasn't bothered by the Klakk in his prison. He said after he escaped he didn't feel like being something different after, considering what he did to become the dragon form.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

Miserix stayed as a dragon because it took an amazing amount of power and strength to become large enough where he wasn't bothered by the Klakk in his prison. He said after he escaped he didn't feel like being something different after, considering what he did to become the dragon form.
The Mutran Chronicles mentioned, when he was outvoted by Teridax and dragged off, that he had a penchant for dragon forms. I would assume that even if he took a humanoid form, it would be lizardlike.

Read my comedy, about the Hero Factory villains watching a television channel produced by our Spherus Magnan friends!

The Bionicle Channel

"I expect that when I write my next entry in this chronicle, I will be writing as uncontested ruler of the Brotherhood."

-Certainty, my Memoirs of the Dead entry

Winged titans seems to be portrayed as the species default, with personal variations. They started out biomechanical, so it's likely this was roughly what they looked like before becoming antidermis.Now that they are, I don't think there's a default in the sense other science fiction and fantasy have had -- if a shapeshifter dies, it often reverts to its standard form. Instead I think the Makuta armor would remain in whatever shape it was when they died, and the antidermis of course has to be destroyed (mainly burned up) to kill them, and it's gaseous anyways.But they do seem to have favorite forms, which for most might be close or the same as their pre-antidermis forms.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

well i must say that i think they may have had an original form but even before they evolves they could still shapeshift. I also just though of this when mata-nui created the makuta he must have had a single form idea in his head but probably as soon as the makuta discovered they could shape shift they all added special touches to their forms.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.