• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Anime General Thread (Official)

• Please log in to reply
1490 replies to this topic

#1481 Offline Electric Turahk

Electric Turahk
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • The Drifter

• 13,097 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Aug 18 2014 - 03:27 PM

I'm only watching four right now and thought that was a lot: Aldnoah.Zero, SAO2, Zankyou no Terror, Tokyo Ghoul. So much so that I've delayed getting into my backlog, which I've been tackling with full force all summer.

So far I've completed (beginning in May after I graduated as the start of my summer):
  • Accel World 
  • Baccano!
  • Code Geass
  • Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods
  • Durarara!!
  • Nobunaga the Fool
  • Psycho-Pass (original; haven't considered the recut one to be worth checking out since I literally just watched this)
  • Steins;Gate
  • Tiger & Bunny 2: The Rising
  • The Girl who Leapt Through Time
And there's still a lot more I want to get to heh.

~|ET|~

Edited by Electric Turahk, Aug 18 2014 - 03:28 PM.

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

#1482 Offline toa grimlock

toa grimlock
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 8 posts

Posted Aug 19 2014 - 06:15 PM

Lets see here I'm watching
Sword Art Online II
the English dub of Black Lagoon
the English dub of Attack on Titan
Kill La Kill
Re-watching Neon Genesis Evangelion
Sailor Moon Crystal

And finished Gurren Lagann on the 15th, it is easily my favorite series that I've ever watched.

"Believe in yourself, not others."

"When life gives you lemons.... Make orange soda!"

"You're immature for age..."

#1483 Offline Kopekemaster

Kopekemaster
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 966 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 20 2014 - 05:55 PM

Oh, derp. Yeah, I watched Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni, which was awesome. Now I'm watching Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni Rei, but I'm only just beginning the second episode now. I haven't really watched much of anything recently, you see.

And then, after that, I'm gonna watch the OVAs.

ezgif-save.gif

My Writing Blog (Updated frequently)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (Updated frequently)

BZPower Chronicles, my BZP comedy. ~~Finished!~~

Species, my dystopian Bionicle story and its respective Review Topic.

#1484 Offline dotcom

dotcom
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Lehvak-Kal Launched

• 4,814 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 20 2014 - 11:43 PM

Hanamonogatari finally got subbed in full, and I just finished watching it.

All in all, pretty great. Like always, good character interactions and a lot of great characterization and dialogue all around from all sorts of characters. Perhaps not as entertaining as I would have expected something narrated by Kanbaru to be, but then I guess that's kind of the point. It's not my favorite in second season by a long shot (which really says more about the quality of Neko Shiro, Kabuki and Koi than anything) but still a great addition to the series.

Now if SHAFT could release Kizumonogatari sometime in the next 3 years, that would be great....

drossel4.png

#1485 Offline Electric Turahk

Electric Turahk
  • Premier Member
  • The Drifter

• 13,097 posts

Posted Aug 22 2014 - 12:15 PM

Oh, I guess you can add One Piece (subbed and dubbed), Naruto: Shippuden, and Attack on Titan dub to the list of everything I'm watching. :P

For those watching Zankyou no Terror, I have a bit of a complaint and wonder what others think about it...

I hate the English in this show.

It's just so terrible. "Yes ma'am" is like the only line that comes across well. Everything else is just so awkward and conveys zero emotion.

I'm not one to usually complain about that - I know it's not their native language and isn't going to be perfect - but it's so awkward when the character's voice literally changes when they switch a language.

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

#1486 Offline dotcom

dotcom
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Lehvak-Kal Launched

• 4,814 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 22 2014 - 12:53 PM

I agree, though to me it's mostly just Five messing everything up. (Your kridding!) the first episode where they spoke english was almost believable, but since then, it's been going downhill. Haven't seen yesterday's episode yet though.

What's a shame

drossel4.png

#1487 Offline Ryuujin

Ryuujin
  • Premier Member
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,579 posts

Posted Aug 22 2014 - 08:40 PM

it's been about 3 years since I was really into anime, and lately I've been wanting to try to get back into it like the good old days.

I've been revisiting the Monogatari series since that was one of my old favorites, and I've heard good things about Kill la Kill so I plan on checking that out soon, but I'd like some recommendations as well.

preferably shorter (or more recent) series so I don't have like 100+ episodes to wade through, and I generally (though not always) prefer anime with a healthy amount of humor so things along those lines would be ace.

Edited by Ryuujin, Aug 22 2014 - 08:50 PM.

[ my blog ] + [ my profile ] + [ contact ] + [ last.fm ] 

lovely topics you should consider posting in:

[ official music topic ] + [ official music collection topic ] + [ official metal topic ]

#1488 Offline dotcom

dotcom
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Lehvak-Kal Launched

• 4,814 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 22 2014 - 09:06 PM

I recommend WataMote, Princess Jellyfish, SoreMachi, Bunny Drop, Angel Beats! and Fireball/Fireball Charming, if you haven't seen them already. They're all pretty short (13 episodes or less, with each Fireball series only taking about half an hour to finish each) and most of them are pretty funny.

drossel4.png

#1489 Offline Elric of Melnibone

Elric of Melnibone
  • Members
  • Toa

• 147 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 22 2014 - 10:18 PM

I wouldn't call it a comedy- far from it- but the OVA Dragon's Heaven is a treat. Especially if you're a fan of Jean 'Moebius' Giraud- really hard to ignore the incredibly blatant influence.

hElbrZ6.gif

#1490 Offline Snoop Razz

Snoop Razz
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,863 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 23 2014 - 01:56 AM

Just wrapped up Hanamonogatari yesterday.

Great stuff. Kanbaru and Arararararararagi were great fun as always. Kinda wish we got more of the latter, though.

Dat lolimobile.

The Monogatari series continues to be the fun, dialogue-y-character-interaction-y-entirely-too-japanese-to-properly-translate-humor-y it has been

Kaiki still best girl though. Sorry, Kanbaru. And Hachikuji. And Shinobu. And Araragi.

Kizu never. ;_;

La-de-da-de-da, it's the one 'n' only R-A-Double-Z~

top_logo.png

#1491 Online Terminus

Terminus
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 428 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 23 2014 - 07:06 PM

Some humorous shows I'd recommend from the past year or so would be D-Frag!, Nisekoi, Non Non Biyori, and Golden Time. I also second the recommendations for Watamote and Angel Beats!, they were both pretty good.

Also, I started watching Nagi no Asukara and Cat Planet Cuties this week. I had planned to watch Nagi-Asu when it was airing, but never got around to it, but now that I'm enjoying Glasslip so much I thought It'd be time to give it a go. The premise so far is pretty interesting and I've heard good things about it, so I'm looking forward to finishing it.

Cat Planet Cuties, on the other hand, was on recommendation from a friend whose judgement I don't trust at all (you know, that one guy who absolutely loves all the shows you hate) but he had it on Blu-Ray when we were hanging out with a bunch of guys over the week, so I saw a few episodes. Wasn't really expecting anything (besides a mediocre catgirl harem show), but it had the what factor (at least in the first few episodes I've seen) and general weirdness to keep me intrigued.

Anyways, this week was.. Kinda a slow week for simulcasts. Black Butler really hasn't picked up any steam yet at all over the entire time it's been airing (although it looks like it might next episode), Prisma Illya had a mediocre comedy episode, Persona 4 Golden is still moving at an incredibly awkward pace (it's already at the normal end, and just halfway through the series), and Jinsei's fansubbers are just really late.

I was really hoping that this episode of SAOII would just be 30 minutes of flashy action, because that's SAO does best, but nope, we still have yet to get any real good action since episode 2. Still, I like GGO much better than pretty much anything in the first season, Kirito's harem is gone, Sinon isn't just another damsel-in-distress for Kirito (although she is the temp replacement harem), and I find the concept of Death Gun much more interesting than the driving forces of the previous arcs. Anyways, I'm probably gonna pick up the second SAO novel when it comes out next week, as I thought the first was was just a lot better than the anime.

Aldnoah was the only thing this week that really didn't slow down, even though it was mostly flashbacks and Slaine getting tortured, which lead up to the revelation that Cruhteo is

Spoiler
made all the more intense by
Spoiler
I don't really see this hitting the brakes anytime soon.

I'm also looking forward to this week's Rail Wars, which is surprisingly one of the better shows I'm watching this season, a good deal in part because of the somewhat relatable main character (I used to be a super train otaku when I was younger), and It's the only series that isn't Aldnoah this season that hasn't yet had a really dull episode. At the very least, It's been a good, fun ending show of each week this season.

khsora546.png

3DS Friend Code: 4811-7119-1466 / PSN ID: khsora546 / Steam: terminus2495 / Nintendo Network: Terminus2495 / PM Me to add me
Currently Playing: ~ Hyperdimension Neptunia V ~ Watch Dogs ~ Monster Monpiece ~ Bullet Girls ~

My Anime List ~ My PSN Profile

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users