• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Tahnok Protractor

BBCC 63

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Offline tent163phantoka

tent163phantoka
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 927 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 03 2012 - 05:12 PM

Posted Image(click fuzzy thumbnail for picture.)Welcome friends, strangers, people who need something to look at to keep from going completey nuts, and others who see this,, to my BBC Contest 63 entry. I hope you enjoy it. It is a fire-themed Protractor. Now, if you build something similar, please note that to draw, you must dip the Chronicler's Staff into ink. thanks and please respond.

#2 Offline Phantomesque

Phantomesque
  • Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

• 700 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 03 2012 - 06:21 PM

Hmm, very simple. Sorry, but I don't really see the concept of this. a fire-themed protractor for the BBC #63? I just don't know about it. I would think about adding more details to the Moc, but that's all I can say. I wish you the best in the BBC #63.~Gravity

phantom_sig.png

Your life is complete once you've met me once.

#3 Offline The Otter

The Otter
  • Members
  • Voya Nui Discovered

• 12,423 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 03 2012 - 06:41 PM

Pretty simple moc, and it seems like it would be rather functional too. I might just build something like that someday.One thing, though: This looks, to me, more like a compass* than a protractor. A protractor measures angles, whereas a graphing/drawing compass is used to make circles.*Not to be confused with the magnetic compass, we all know what that does.

#4 Offline Flux: The Explorer

Flux: The Explorer
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,290 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 03 2012 - 06:50 PM

I agree with Kal Grochi. It looks more like a compass. Anyways, it's a bit simple but great job on the details. Also, the top is nicely done.

pWPTu7m.jpg

Credits go to Strack for the awesome sprite.

I'm an Emerging Fluidic Master (again). Time to start working on my Waterbending.
I'm still a ninja although I think I'm losing my skills as one.
"You're saying this kingdom will vanish? NOT TODAY! THIS KINGDOM IS ALL MINE! SO YOU VANISH!"

~ Bowser, in Bowser's Inside story

#5 Offline tent163phantoka

tent163phantoka
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 927 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 04 2012 - 12:37 PM

I agree with Kal Grochi. It looks more like a compass. Anyways, it's a bit simple but great job on the details. Also, the top is nicely done.

noted in my entry post.Thanks. must have otten them mixed up.

#6 Offline Dralcax

Dralcax
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

• 2,193 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 10 2012 - 05:00 PM

Well, it was supposed to fit into the Bionicle universe, but anyways, this looks kind of nice, however, you could probably stick some Metru thigh armor on those Technic beams, so they don't look quite so bare. However, I like the incorporation of the Tahnok shield.

Shiverburn_Galaxy_Figures_Close-Up.PNG

#7 Offline Smooth Jazz

Smooth Jazz
  • Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 2,219 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 16 2012 - 01:45 PM

Looks pretty good, though simple. I don't really like the blade near the bottom. However, how does a protractor fit in to the Bionicle Universe?

Edited by Toa of Smooth Jazz, Jun 16 2012 - 01:45 PM.

14429550443_81164861ed_m.jpg                                                   

SCM-541: The White Viper

Winner of BBCC 68!

(Formerly known as The Swimming Beard)

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users