Aloft: Castle In The Sky

Blessed Blade

IC: IztriliadorSabbia woke with a start. Fear gripped his mind and he looking around rapidly observing everything. He then heard the voice."Release me! I am not your toy or pet. I am a soldier! Release me now! Or do you wish for my wrath? I'll gut you, rip out your entrails and shove them down your throat!" He bellowed in a fit of rage. For in all his years never had he failed so miserably. Never had he been captured. Never had his rage not been sated.He grabbed his dagger and lunged at the nearest wall.IC: ???Earlier in the week Candor had died trying to defend a merchant from a thief. He had been shot fatally and passed away on the scene, the thief later captured and dealt with based on the laws on the city. In accordance to his will he was to be burned that sundown on the surface along with his armor, shield and sword. And his other possessions donated to charity.His friends and admires stood around as the funeral pyre was lit. It burned until he was ash and the sun was nearly set. His ashes where then collected and scattered on the wind as the airship returned to the city. No monsters attacked the group almost as if Candor watched over them even after death.

-==IC: Voice==-"Oh do be quiet. Besides, all efforts are useless, no-one can escape from this testing facility. The only way out is to complete these trials, and receive cake." The voice stated, as there was a slight pause."Besides, you might find that impossible."

KaelenIC: This last dent in the wall grabbed Kaelen's attention and he glanced around the room, taking in all the other damage and coming to a rather disturbing conclusion."Uh, Sykar? I think we might want to take this fight some place else at the very least. This place is starting to look unstable."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

-==IC: Sykar==-Sykar paused, and nodded, as he gripped the crystal they had taken."That's fine. However, I think the instability of this place can work in our favour..." Sykar said with a smile, as he indicated toward the third wall.

-==IC: Construct==-The construct noticed, and ran toward Kaelen; however, he was hit by the blow, and Sykar frowned, as he grabbed the arms of Kaelen and the other guy controlled by Burnmad, and began to run toward the closest newly created exit, not stopping to look back."Go, go, go!" Sykar stated to the others in the group, as they ran out of the building...

-==IC: Voice==-"While usually I'd state 'you do not know that', I'm not going to. You are correct; but that does not reward you cake, you only get cake by successfully completing these test chambers." The voice stated, as two doors opened, one in Joskirre's room, and one in Sabbia's room."Walk through those doors."

IC: Joskirre: Iztriliador:Joskirre walked through the door with a frown. He didn't like the sound of any of this.IC: Shaaltar: Pheosus:Shaaltar and the others made it out of the building just in time, as it collapsed mere seconds after they exited. He looked behind him to make sure the others in the group got out alright.

-==IC: Voice==-The door sealed closed behind Joskirre as he walked through. However, if he noticed, he'd realized he no longer had the cube in his possession.-==IC: Sykar==-"Head count." Sykar stated, as he looked around, to make sure that everyone was indeed alright.

OOC: Cube? =PIC: Joskirre: Iztriliador:Joskirre noticed the absence of the dull pain he usually had from the gem rubbing against him as he walked (Which always seemed to persist no matter where he put it), and searched for it. After making sure it was truly gone, he decided that perhaps this place wasn't so bad. Then he looked around the room, wondering exactly what kind of testing would be going on here.

OOC: That thing you picked up and couldn't get rid of. =P Gem, cube, key, whatever. :rolleyes:-==IC: Environment==-The room began to light up, as a large boxed object dropped down in front of Joskirre."Simply solve these 'calibration' tests. You may require assistance from your partner, who is currently saying very rude things about you. I wouldn't stand for that, if I were you."

-==IC: Environment==-That, however, didn't appear to be possible, as there was no apparent way to open the box."Maybe his remarks were rather correct, however; he said something about being dull minded, after all. And this is the easiest chamber, after all."

-==IC: Environment==-Picking up the box worked. Throwing it at the wall, however, didn't do anything aside from placing a very slight dent... on the box."Please refrain from destroying vital testing apparatus." The voice stated, as a glowing spot was revealed by looking over toward where the box landed.OOC: Everyone in the Faithful group ready?

IC: SabbiaSo now I'm just a lab rat...The Vorox's shoulders fell as he walked forward. His eyes fogged over almost as if something was now missing from him. That vital spark that had kept him alive for thousands of years and allowed him to win so many fights and survive all those battles. Maybe it was getting captured. He prided himself on his fighting prowess, his freedom and his loyalty to the Sand Tribe. Now he had seen he fighting prowess meant nothing, he was no longer free and his tribe was nowhere to be seen.

-==IC: Environment/Iztriliador==-The room that was side-by-side Joskirre's, however, was totally different. As Sabbia walked into the room, he'd notice that it was filled with laser beams... which were being produced by about ten turret-like robots."Be careful, these have very deadly laser sight."

OOC: Yes. Yes it is. I will admit it right now. =P I have no shame in it. =P-==IC: Turret==-"Malfunctioning." The turret stated, as it was destroyed, and fell over, deactivated. One down... Nine more or so to go."Very good, but you have to deactivate them all. Did you know they are all programmed with individual feelings? And you are just murdering them. You monster." The voice chimed in, offering helpful moral support tip number 42 of that particular day.OOC: I know why Lev made AMTaOS back in Techna now; this character is fun. =P

IC: Sabbia"A good soldier kills. A loyal soldier kills without question." responded the Vorox.He then fired a second bolt from his crossbow. Quickly he snuck up behind another and as he did so he grabbed the robot and tried to lift it, the laser producing part on the side away from him. He was thinking he could use this one to destroy the others with this one's laser or at least use it as a shield to melee the others with.

-==IC: Environment==-The laser trick worked. Even as the others started to catch on, the laser cut through the turrets, rather quickly clearing a path forward."Well done. You monster. And here I thought the Glatorian was the heartless one of the bunch. No, you have proved me wrong, there." The voice stated once more, as only one turret remained."Stop; that is enough. If you leave that alone, I will open the door. Are you willing to kill that one lonely little turret, to slaughter it just like the rest of them you heartlessly killed? Or will you do the right thing, and kill it, just like everything else you have up to this point?"

IC: Sabbia"Is that a question? The way you worded it seems as though the only thing to do is kill. But then again were these machines ever truly alive?" replied the warrior, not entirely getting the point.He set the turret down in the corner, laser facing the wall, and he waited for a door to open. If the door didn't open fast open he would slice the turret to pieces with his blade.

IC: Joskirre: Iztriliador:Joskirre sighed and picked up the box again. He had a strange feeling there was a strange item strangely named Aperture Science 1500 Megawatt Super-colliding Super Button nearby, so he began searching for one.

-==IC: Joskirre's Room==-Indeed there was; that was the glowing spot! Well, it wasn't by Aperture Science, whatever that was, but it was indeed a box-shaped button, for use in opening boxes.-==IC: Sabbia's Room==-The laser, however, reflected and burnt through the turret, destroying it too."No, I asked whether you'd just mindlessly kill it, or if you were above that. I detect that I made a mistake. I have dealt with that, and that will not happen in the future. If it does, I will deal with it again, but I do not anticipate that happening." The voice stated, as the two would notice a camera of sorts in each of their rooms.OOC: I will get to the Faithful group in a little bit.

IC: SabbiaSabbia would continue doing the tests. But eventually he would die to something that was too much for him to handle. His body might have just died but his mind and spirit had long since left. His body, armor and weapons would later be destroyed out of respect or fear.OOC: Sorry I just lost interest in my character. I'm sure you can use someone else in the experiment or make something up. I had fun thought and thanks for letting me play.

OOC: It's okay, I understand. And thanks for playing. =D-==IC: Voice==-The voice watched as the Vorox walked into the next room, and 'accidentally' fell into a vat of poisoned water."Oh, I'm sorry, did I forget to mention that? My mistake."

OOC: I don't know why, but I thought the glowing spot was a camera on the wall for some reason. I read through the post way too fast, I guess. =PIC: Joskirre: Iztriliador:Joskirre carried the box over to the device, set it down on it and waited for something to happen.

Edited by Burnmad: Toa of Emoticons

OOC: Nah, just Portal logic. =P-==IC: Environment==-The box opened, revealing a key, that looked to work on the door."Yes, it's just a simple key. I didn't have enough time to really prepare a more suspenseful reward for that simple task of opening the box. Your partner is laughing at you right now, by the way." The voice said, not revealing to Joskirre that Sabbia was, in fact, dead.