• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Battlescapes Results!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Offline bonesiii

bonesiii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Perpetual Master of Reference

• 14-March 03
  • 19,970 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 18 2012 - 02:26 PM

Posted Image

Across the landscape of imagination they raced to enter the fray – they battled, sparks (and bricks) flew, and three emerged victorious! Please join me in congratulating CrunchbiteNuva, Aanchir: Rachira of Time, and Kevinhink as the winners of the LEGO Battlescapes General Artwork contest!Here are the winning images. Titles link to the original entry posts.1st Place – Persona – by CrunchbiteNuvaPosted ImageFor his top win with this brilliantly metaphoric psychological interpretation of the contest theme, Crunchbite will receive a LEGO gift card worth $95 (will ship $80 sets)!2nd Place – Swarm of the Century – by Aanchir: Rachira of Time Click for fullsize:Posted ImageWith this action-packed, pony-ified Bionicle battle with the bug bots, Aanchir will receive a LEGO gift card worth $50 (for $40 sets).3rd Place – LEGO® Wild West vs. Classic Space – by KevinhinkPosted ImageFinally, for this technicolor wild west clash with oldschool star explorers, Kevinhink will receive a LEGO gift card worth $30 ($20 sets).Congratulations to our winners![Edit: So, turns out I read the gift card system wrong, and you can only go by increments of five dollars. Previously announced amounts have thus been rounded up to the nearest five. :)]HONORABLE MENTIONSCrunchbiteNuva also won the #2 spot in the “final” poll; as we allowed multiple entries per member, but each member can only win once among the prize-awarded 1st-3rd Places. Here is that entry:Roodaka Vs. Toa Hagah – by CrunchbiteNuvaPosted ImageDue to the readjusting because of CrunchbiteNuva's two poll wins, in the “final” poll this moved up two images to tie for 3rd Place. A tiebreaker was run, and Kevinhink won, earning the 3rd Place spot. But the other image by Onewa7 was very good too and deserves a mention!Battle in Mangaia – by Onewa7Posted ImageThanks to all the artists and voters who participated! Now go enter the Flash Fire - Character Design Contest before it's too late!

Edited by bonesiii, Jul 18 2012 - 02:35 PM.

#2 Offline Dwanny

Dwanny
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 26-February 12
  • 215 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 18 2012 - 02:46 PM

Wow, the results!So glad to see CrunchbiteNuva won, he deserved it.Everyone did a really good job, and it was hard to pick a winner; but in the end it was the participating that mattered.I should have joined in, though i couldn't find the time...This was a great contest, and it was a complete succes.Congradulations to everyone that submitted, and a round of applause for Bonesiii for organising this.-Dwanny

#3 Offline Toa Smoke Monster

Toa Smoke Monster
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Silent Assistance

• 09-April 10
  • 11,422 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jul 18 2012 - 05:21 PM

Congrats to all the winners! http://www.bzpower.c...tyle_emoticons/default/cool.png

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

fjEpIZR.png

#4 Offline TLhikan

TLhikan
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 24-March 07
  • 1,012 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 18 2012 - 07:07 PM

I love the pony one...And, er, all the others too. Good job guys. :D-TLhikan

"So I'm TL now?"
"Yeah, 'cuz if we said it the other way it'd have to be TLhiKHAAN!!"

#5 Offline ~garnira returns~

~garnira returns~
  • Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 02-June 08
  • 843 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 18 2012 - 07:49 PM

Holy crumbs! A MLP battlescape won :none: ! The first one looks amazing, and congrats too all of the winners!

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

#6 Offline Azalea

Azalea
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 08-November 11
  • 2,475 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 18 2012 - 07:58 PM

Congrats to the winners! They all looked great especially the first one and the third one.

PNdQnOB.png

Azalea of Ga Koro (credits to Onaku for the banner)

pWPTu7m.jpg

#7 Offline Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Reporters
  • Another Chir Brother

• 04-September 06
  • 6,601 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Jul 20 2012 - 12:10 PM

I'm so happy to have placed within the top three for the first time in a BZPower art contest! I'm proud of myself, and proud of the other winning entrants. All of them were stunning, and to be honest I wasn't sure I would even stand a chance of placing with how much talent there was in this contest.

#8 Offline TahuForever!

TahuForever!
  • Members
  • Toa

• 11-December 12
  • 103 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 15 2013 - 11:36 PM

Ooh... What a conglomeration of beautiful artwork! The winner isn't exactly what I think of when I hear "battescape" but I guess that's part of the originality. It does look really cool, though. Kind of like a movie poster, too. And the graininess is a nice effect. And it's a cool sort of "epic rival confrontation" thing, too, like a Star Wars duel. Awesome.

My Little... Bionicle? Okay... Well, I love it. :P Tahu with hooves... What a concept. How many more times with those poor Toa undergo transmogrification? :P

Ooh, space vs. cowboys. What strange warp in space and time is going on here...? But it's a cool picture. Is this based on a scene from Lego Battles? :eyeroll:

The Honorable Mentions are really good, too. Congratulations, all you winners!

After five long years. . . The Master of Fire is back!

#9 Offline InnerRayg

InnerRayg
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Buttest of Dialers

• 23-March 03
  • 12,847 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Feb 07 2013 - 04:32 AM

Perhaps it's time we retire this thread, haha.

webbanner.gif

Latest Update: STORM AND SAND

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users