Nidhiki

Crunchyn

I had the sudden urge to make one of my previous doodles here into a more detailed drawing. I wanted to do a pastel one like in the link but first I had to come up with the pencil drawing. Personally, I really don't agree with the arm behind the head, it makes it look so confusing there. Thanks for looking! :biggrin:

Please link to all images over 500 kB. -B6

Edited by CrunchbiteNuva

"I could have been a Protector but then I took a stud to the feet."

This is mad! I really love how you've conveyed the metallic nature of his parts. All of his details have been simplified, but you can still distinctly tell that it's Nidhiki. Really awesome work man!Astris Janus

Right, new forum, new signature. Or, at least, a reboot.

20795.jpg

Dual Sides; An Expanded Multiverse Epic

Bionicle Anime: Toa Mata

"If at first you don't succeed, redefine success."
- Anonymous

• 2 weeks later...

When i saw it was from crunchbitenuva, i knew i was in for a treat. :PYou seem to have captured a slightly smoother, more buglike appearance, and it fits nidhiki perfectly.He still has that mischievous look, and his limbs are rather spindly, as in the movie and set; only the lack of sharp edges makes makes him look slightly more insectoid.And what can i say, the shading is exquisite.Its so smooth, and having him backlit was a great touch.Even in a pencil drawing, (perhaps more so than in a finished, coloured work) you can capture so much.The execution is perfect.respect.-Dwanny

• 3 weeks later...

Wooow. He looks epic. He look very sinister and evil, but also manages to be elegant. Very insectlike. The shading is awesome and the general curvy-ness is extremely cool.The shadow, however, is a bit weird. And that is what kills the picture for me, sadly. It seems rushed and a little lazy, unlike the rest of the picture.9/10Extremely well done, but the shadow killed it.

Majhost sucks