• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Photo

Toa Ignika

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#41 Offline Dual Cee

Dual Cee
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 22-October 12
  • 1,306 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jan 26 2013 - 06:18 AM

Lihkan... interesting idea. I don't think it was a helmet, but more of a headdress/hood type thing. But it would be neat. My only problem is that he is dead, and never coming back, thus has little use in my collection...
How awesome this sounds after a few story relevations :) You should reconsider building him.That mask is awesome, luck it didn't break during the cutting or the making of the MOC it seems pretty fragile.The use of the weel in the torso is epic it perfectly resembles 2001One point of criticism: The fingers, arent they a little short, I suppose exo-fore robot arms would'v worked better, but thats your choice.

I'm back!

#42 Offline Captain Caboose

Captain Caboose
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 07-December 12
  • 1,541 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 26 2013 - 12:23 PM

I'll say it again. The mask looks really great. I like the torso design and the waist design. I wish I had that mask that he has. Also love that cannon on the sky board. Really makes it look futuristic. 

BZPRPG Profiles

Flaredrick Seria - Potas -'Jet Fire' -'Razor'- 'Infector' - Reso 'Vo - Kasrar 'V- Ludvin va Betravo - Vallen Tor - Molvr Kalr

#43 Offline Grandmaster Lehvorak

Grandmaster Lehvorak
  • Members
  • Emerging Mata Nuian Protector

• 20-July 07
  • 1,664 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 26 2013 - 12:45 PM

Now this is pretty cool! I really like how this is designed and the color scheme is quite interesting too. You did a good job on this, well done! Keep up with these Lego/bionicle designing skills.Lehvorak

Edited by Grandmaster Lehvorak, Jan 26 2013 - 12:46 PM.

<< LEHVORAK ZONE >>

Web Design - Graphic Design - Illustration

Find out more on:

_

DeviantART_logo.png

#44 Guest_Takua the Chronicler7_*

Guest_Takua the Chronicler7_*
  • Guests
  • --

Posted Feb 04 2013 - 08:49 PM

I like the mask. And how you made it in a Nuva form. But I can't have the patience for 2 years for pretty much anything.

#45 Offline Fsnorglepuff

Fsnorglepuff
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 18-December 09
  • 1,330 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 20 2013 - 06:01 PM

[color=rgb(47,79,79);]Wow, I thought no one would post in this topic again. Now, several more! Dual Matrix, OH MY MATA NUI... how did I not think of that already? Brilliant idea. Also, the exo-force arms make the hand too stubby and big, al least for this model. Thanks all!By the way, does anybody know why I cannot make my text color-formatted without doing it manually with code? Button in the toolbar does not work.[/color]Posted Image

15037057692_2fb1ce338a_t.jpg     15034366641_d827682ab5_m.jpg     15037424595_cf284dac70_t.jpg

Toa Gali Nuva

#46 Offline Alto Magna

Alto Magna
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 30-October 06
  • 79 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 20 2013 - 06:41 PM

This is one of those designs that I can just sit and stare at for a couple of hours, and still find something that I love about it.

The custom work blends together fantastically, and I honestly can say that in several years of time on the site, I haven't seen anything like the torso construction before. I'm always thrilled to see different takes on creating fingers and these are another good example of that pulled off very well.

The Midak is another great custom creation.

Funnily enough, I don't care for the modified Konohi Ignika, though. You did a fair job on the paint work and showing what it must have gone through in the Pit, but it just looks... I hestiate to say 'ugly', because you clearly put a lot of thought into what the details would come out as when you were done. But I think an untarnished Ignika with the same paint job, perhaps glossed instead of so flat, would really add the final touch to an otherwise amazing MOC.

#47 Offline Captain Caboose

Captain Caboose
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 07-December 12
  • 1,541 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 20 2013 - 07:48 PM

I just got to point out something here. His fingers look a bit to small and thin. By the way how did you create that Mask of Life?

BZPRPG Profiles

Flaredrick Seria - Potas -'Jet Fire' -'Razor'- 'Infector' - Reso 'Vo - Kasrar 'V- Ludvin va Betravo - Vallen Tor - Molvr Kalr

#48 Offline Fsnorglepuff

Fsnorglepuff
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 18-December 09
  • 1,330 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 08 2013 - 04:35 PM

[color=rgb(47,79,79);]Thanks Alto Magna. Both in response to you and Flaredrick, the mask was just making the best of a bad situation: I actually damaged my Ignika and because I couldn't repair it, I continued the deterioration further (with merely an exacto knife) and painted it to match the color scheme and to show the different colors through which the mask fades in its stages. The paint is acrylic covered in a protective enamel layer. I would like to make an undamaged one... I just need a fresh Ignika.Posted Image[/color]

15037057692_2fb1ce338a_t.jpg     15034366641_d827682ab5_m.jpg     15037424595_cf284dac70_t.jpg

Toa Gali Nuva

#49 Offline Dual Cee

Dual Cee
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 22-October 12
  • 1,306 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Mar 09 2013 - 05:47 AM

By the way, does anybody know why I cannot make my text color-formatted without doing it manually with code? Button in the toolbar does not work.

you can automaticly set a personalisised font and color here: http://www.bzpower.c...core&area=custp

Edited by Dual Matrix, Mar 09 2013 - 05:49 AM.

I'm back!

#50 Offline The Phantom Terror

The Phantom Terror
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 18-February 13
  • 1,263 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 15 2013 - 11:29 AM

This is awesome! I love what you did with the mask. LEGO should have made an exclusive mask like that. But, in my opinion, the arms look a little small compared to the rest of the body.

14612551615_f885b55eb5_o.jpg

|+| Flickr |+| MOCpages |+| Facebook |+| YouTube |+|

|+| Rock Raiders United |+| SOLISMagna |+| Tumblr |+| TTV |+|

#51 Offline Fsnorglepuff

Fsnorglepuff
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 18-December 09
  • 1,330 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 20 2013 - 03:52 PM

[color=rgb(47,79,79);]Thanks Dual Matrix, that's an awesome feature.  And thank you Phantom Terror, and I do agree a bit about the arms... but then again, what other pieces could I use?  Were my Matoro's arms better proportioned?[/color]

Posted Image

Toa Gali Nuva

#52 Offline The Phantom Terror

The Phantom Terror
  • Members

• 18-February 13
  • 1,263 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 20 2013 - 04:05 PM

[color=rgb(47,79,79);]Thanks Dual Matrix, that's an awesome feature.  And thank you Phantom Terror, and I do agree a bit about the arms... but then again, what other pieces could I use?  Were my Matoro's arms better proportioned?[/color]

Posted Image

Yeah, try making the arms longer.

#53 Offline Fsnorglepuff

Fsnorglepuff
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 18-December 09
  • 1,330 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 31 2013 - 01:32 PM

Posted Image

[color=rgb(47,79,79);]Should the length come from the upper arm or lower arm, or both?  How far down do you think the arms should go?  As it is, they seem to go down to where a human's should.  [/color]

[color=rgb(47,79,79);]Posted Image[/color]

Toa Gali Nuva

#54 Offline PyroLizard Prime

PyroLizard Prime
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 08-March 13
  • 237 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 07 2013 - 09:24 AM

That... Is... The... Best... MOC... I... Have... Ever... SEEN!

How long did it take you to make that mask???

"I am proud... to have called you brother... Vakama..."- Toa lhikan, the best character ever created by LEGO...

"Toa... So dramatic"- Nidhiki, another one if the best characters ever created by LEGO...

Remember them...

enax_the_epic_big.pngENAX WILL HAVE YOUR SOUL... Or your mask... Or maybe both...      :tohu: 

Sprite credits go to Katuko and Strack. Great job, guys!  :D            Help Enax win the golden mask! 15587719315 (Or don't)

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

#55 Offline The Phantom Terror

The Phantom Terror
  • Members

• 18-February 13
  • 1,263 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 07 2013 - 12:30 PM

Posted Image

[color=rgb(47,79,79);]Should the length come from the upper arm or lower arm, or both?  How far down do you think the arms should go?  As it is, they seem to go down to where a human's should.  [/color]

[color=rgb(47,79,79);]Posted Image[/color]

Probably from the lower arm. Just to make it a little more proportionate to the upper arm.

#56 Offline avak5

avak5
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 04-April 13
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 07 2013 - 12:47 PM

WOW just great mocs. A very cool redisign of the original Phantoka and Mistika. I find the color scheme kinda bad thogh. I think there is too much silver armor that covers the main color and the only clearly visible piece is the mask. The ignika is great original editing that looks well. Also a pciture of Takanuva would be nice since you can't see him.

dpyd1z.jpg

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users