• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Lesovikk's Hiatus Contest

writing contest fanon Lesovikk hiatus

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#81 Offline Legolover-361

Legolover-361
  • Members
  • Stellar Storyteller

• 3,495 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 18 2013 - 09:22 PM

I have found a few volunteer judges who have offered to review the stories and send me their results. Two of them have already sent me their ranked lists. Two isn't enough, though, so I'll try to get more reviews posthaste.My apologies for the delay, everyone! Hopefully we'll find out who won this contest by the end of the month.

#82 Offline Pikiru

Pikiru
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 61 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 18 2013 - 11:09 PM

Are you going to have two categories (as in one for short stories and one for novelettes), or are all the stories going to be in just big one?

#83 Offline Legolover-361

Legolover-361
  • Members
  • Stellar Storyteller

• 3,495 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 20 2013 - 03:27 PM

Because of the very small number of entries, there will only be one winner. All the stories are being judged in the same group.

#84 Offline Core Jalokim

Core Jalokim
  • Members
  • Toa

• 124 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 20 2013 - 05:04 PM

Im kinda nervous, some of the other entries I've read are pretty good.

this guy is a retired BNGer and is now a fully fledged bio-tuber.

#85 Offline Pikiru

Pikiru
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 61 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 20 2013 - 06:58 PM

Your story was quite good as well! :)

#86 Offline Legolover-361

Legolover-361
  • Members
  • Stellar Storyteller

• 3,495 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 15 2013 - 10:01 AM

Okay, I've hit a bit of a snag. I have four volunteer judges in total, but the rankings aren't being submitted as quickly as I'd like.If anyone else has the ability to judge and can send me a ranked list of entries before September 1, 2013, please contact me ASAP. I apologize for how long this is taking.

#87 Offline Draven

Draven
  • Members
  • Toa

• 110 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 18 2013 - 04:45 PM

Is the website down?

zJzcMhM.jpg

#88 Offline Legolover-361

Legolover-361
  • Members
  • Stellar Storyteller

• 3,495 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 21 2013 - 08:29 PM

Yes, KanohiJournal's website is down and will likely be staying down. I'm not sure what the future of KanohiJournal is -- I'll have to discuss that with a couple other people -- but I hope to still provide something for the winner(s) of this contest.

#89 Offline Draven

Draven
  • Members
  • Toa

• 110 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 22 2013 - 08:43 PM

How long has it been like this?

zJzcMhM.jpg

#90 Offline Legolover-361

Legolover-361
  • Members
  • Stellar Storyteller

• 3,495 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 22 2013 - 10:34 PM

For a while. There were plans to discontinue the KanohiJournal website a while back by not renewing its domain, but the ideas for progressing beyond it never solidified.

Edited by Legolover-361, Aug 22 2013 - 10:35 PM.

#91 Offline Pikiru

Pikiru
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 61 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 14 2013 - 11:55 AM

Hey Legolover :)

Since we lost most of the recent information regarding the contest, could you say again how many ranked list you have gotten, how many you are waiting for, and other related questions.

Edited by Pikiru, Nov 14 2013 - 11:55 AM.

#92 Offline Core Jalokim

Core Jalokim
  • Members
  • Toa

• 124 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 23 2013 - 12:09 PM

This suspense is killing me.

this guy is a retired BNGer and is now a fully fledged bio-tuber.

#93 Offline Legolover-361

Legolover-361
  • Members
  • Stellar Storyteller

• 3,495 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 24 2013 - 09:58 PM

I've a few ranked lists already. I'm waiting on one more, but even if I don't get it, I'll release the judging results on or the day after Thanksgiving, November 28.

#94 Offline Legolover-361

Legolover-361
  • Members
  • Stellar Storyteller

• 3,495 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 29 2013 - 07:17 PM

Sorry about the double-post, but I've received four rankings from judges, and I'm ready to announce the results:

In first place, according to our judges, we have a tie between Of Rahi and Toa and Jovan's Test! Runner-up is The Chronicle.

As KanohiJournal is currently inactive, I don't know if an anthology will be published, but I hope that pride is enough for y'all in the meantime. Thank you for entering or supporting this contest!

Edited by Legolover-361, Dec 09 2013 - 09:10 AM.

#95 Offline Pikiru

Pikiru
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 61 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 29 2013 - 08:06 PM

I can't believe the contest in finally over! After 6 months and 19 days of judging, we finally have the conclusion. So I guess congratulations are in order! 

Congratulations Legolover! I hadn't actually read your entry until 10 minutes ago, and now having read it I can see why it got first place. I am surprised (though also very happy!) that my entry tied with yours, because in my opinion your writing style is better then mine. Also congratulations to Click! You portrayed the aftermath of Lesovikk's battle with the Zyglak very well indeed.

Also thank you to everyone who participated in this contest! Without all your help, none of this could have happened.

Now please excuse me, I have to go jump up and down in joy. :)

#96 Offline Click

Click
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,282 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 02 2013 - 07:20 PM

Wow, runner up in a contest like this! Thanks to all the judges, I'm very proud you liked my story. Guess I better read the winning stories again.

~click.gif

kanohibanner.gif

BZPRPG (inactive)The Scarabax Library | Flickr | Deviantart

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users