• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Photo

LEGOLAND Florida teases Star Wars Expansion

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Hapori Tohu

Hapori Tohu
  • None
  • Heart of BZPower

• 16-July 01
  • 2,634 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 05 2012 - 08:46 AM

That Galaxy far, far, away seems to be getting closer all the time, doesn't it. <a href='http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-09-04/business/os-star-wars-legoland-expansion-20120904_1_legoland-florida-clone-wars-lego-models' target='offsite'>The <i>Orlando Sentinel</i> reports</a> that the second LEGO theme park in North America is planning to add a Star Wars focused area of the park.<p>In the classic style of the opening of the Star Wars films, LEGOLAND Florida sent a video to the media reading, "In two days' time in a galaxy 45 minutes away ... the esteemed council of Legoland Florida will reveal a top-secret expansion taking place within the park in the year 2012,". This would be the first section of a LEGOLAND park devoted to a licensed theme--all others have been based around themes like Pirates, Adventurers, Technic, and good, old-fashioned LEGO City. Based on the announcement, we should be looking in the next two days for some more news on the subject.</p>View the full article

#2 Offline Sumiki

Sumiki
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Sushi Boy

• 04-September 06
  • 12,164 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Sep 05 2012 - 11:17 AM

This tells me two things: one, Star Wars is still going very well, and two, that LEGO must have some plan to renew the contract after it expires in a decade's time. If they let it run out, they'd have to get rid of all the LSW stuff in this expansion.

sunlolirain_zpsfrxqrbjy.jpg

#3 Offline Gatanui

Gatanui
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Reporters
  • Senior News Finder

• 31-July 05
  • 11,310 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Sep 05 2012 - 11:43 AM

Not sure if it counts, but LEGOLAND Germany has had a Star Wars MINILAND for over a year. This sounds larger than that, though. I agree with Sumiki Mr. Guiteau, Star Wars still seems to be LEGO's top-seller. It's kind of become a classic LEGO theme already. :P~Mentos Fruit

- Gata Posted Image

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

#4 Offline Lon'qu

Lon'qu
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • Senior Staff

• 25-March 06
  • 3,477 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Sep 05 2012 - 01:48 PM

Not sure if it counts, but LEGOLAND Germany has had a Star Wars MINILAND for over a year. This sounds larger than that, though. I agree with Sumiki Mr. Guiteau, Star Wars still seems to be LEGO's top-seller. It's kind of become a classic LEGO theme already. :P~Mentos Fruit

California had a Star Wars miniland also. This is a full-size sorta thing, like the Imagination Zone or Big Town or whatever they call it. Nothing mini about it. At least that's what it sounds like, and I hope that's exactly what it is.

How well will you die?‚Äč

#5 Offline Than the Moa

Than the Moa
  • Global Moderators
  • Senior Q&A Guru

• 06-December 02
  • 9,059 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Sep 05 2012 - 09:17 PM

Wait.There's a Legoland Florida?

Yo.

#6 Offline Toa Smoke Monster

Toa Smoke Monster
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Surrender or Run

• 09-April 10
  • 8,704 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Sep 05 2012 - 09:43 PM

If only I lived closer to Florida. Then I could check this out when it opens. But still, I look forward to learning more about this.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

Check out my Bionicle short stories The Agori and A Skakdi Horror Story.

Also check out my comedy series Adventures of the Bara Magna Sets!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users