BRICK-CON GOES BIONICLE?

toa electro

BIONI-CON!Now I'm not sure if this topic has been posted before, for if its even allowed in this section but i hope it is.so title says it ........ kindaSo pretty much its brick fiesta and all those other LEGO conventions rolled into one with a heavy dose of Bionicle! ( it will be in san diego )there will be 5 rooms,each room will have a theme of each year of Bionicle( the exception of two rooms have to be herofactory/Lego themed)there will be these things for entertainmenta disk hunt in different "metrus"play all the lego bionicle video gamesMOC contestsmeet Greg Farshteyvendors selling custom parts like from brick arms and other things.a costume contest (yes there will be bionicle costumes)an "actual" mask forge where a dude dressed as vakama sells masks from a ta-metru "mask forge" these masks you can actually wear.A herofactroy room that looks like the hero recon room with people selling life sized herofactory weapons and gearand you can build your own hero and buy it get a picture with nuparu and stormerlearn about bionicle mythology the le -koran vendors will sell bioncile themed foodbionicle , lego , herofactory face paintsfree giveawaysCostume contest display your brickfilms raffles Be crowned Bioni-king of the yearand moreso anyways here are some questions about it, answer if u want 1.what country do you live in ?2. what's the highest you will be willing to pay for a ticket?3. if your a vendor will you like to partake in this?4. what do you think could be improved?5. what else would you like?6. on a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the highest) how much do you want to go?7. if you live in another country would you fly to get here?10. which is your favorite year of Bionicle you would like to see come alive

Edited by toa electro

Wait wait wait. Before I answer this, do you mean that this is actually happening? Or do you mean that you want it to happen?
um 2014 is when we plan on doing this ! A person who well lets just say he has influence throughout the whole of the LEGO community (i shall not say his name he asked to keep it private) really wants this to happen because I convinced him, he told me if I gather enough info he will make it happen! but i need as much info as possible from people who would go to such things.

Wait wait wait. Before I answer this, do you mean that this is actually happening? Or do you mean that you want it to happen?
um 2014 is when we plan on doing this ! A person who well lets just say he has influence throughout the whole of the LEGO community (i shall not say his name he asked to keep it private) really wants this to happen because I convinced him, he told me if I gather enough info he will make it happen! but i need as much info as possible from people who would go to such things.
Hmm... okay then. If said mysterious person is actually able to make such an event happen, I think it would be awesome. There'd be no chance that I would go there, of course, but I think people would enjoy it nonetheless. Maybe without some of the specifics you mentioned (e.g. rooms dedicated to selling lifesize Bionicle or HF weapons), however. :P

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

A convention is a huge undertaking and is not a cheap proposition (which is why there's never been a BZPower Fest or something along those lines). Based on your presentation in this topic, I highly doubt you have the means to do this. There's a lot of prominent AFOLs, but I don't think any one person has 'influence' over the entire LEGO community, and anyone who is popular in the AFOL realm probably doesn't have a lot of reach into the Bionicle community (or else they would be here).BrickFair had almost sixty BZPower members sign the guestbook - many of them were only visiting during the public hours though. For a Bionicle-centric event, maybe you could get a hundred people, but that's probably a stretch. With that few, the tickets/passes would be very expensive if you wanted to accomplish everything you listed. Having tickets cost that much would reduce the number of people willing to pay. I'd say thirty if you're lucky.You have to remember that by and large, the Bionicle community is made up of kids and young adults, most of whom do not have the disposable income to fly around the country (or world) for a LEGO convention.I think such a convention could be fun, but you need to drastically scale back your expectations and collect a lot more information before you say this is going to happen. Also, no one is going to take you seriously if you change your font color and size every three lines.

A convention is a huge undertaking and is not a cheap proposition (which is why there's never been a BZPower Fest or something along those lines). Based on your presentation in this topic, I highly doubt you have the means to do this. There's a lot of prominent AFOLs, but I don't think any one person has 'influence' over the entire LEGO community, and anyone who is popular in the AFOL realm probably doesn't have a lot of reach into the Bionicle community (or else they would be here).BrickFair had almost sixty BZPower members sign the guestbook - many of them were only visiting during the public hours though. For a Bionicle-centric event, maybe you could get a hundred people, but that's probably a stretch. With that few, the tickets/passes would be very expensive if you wanted to accomplish everything you listed. Having tickets cost that much would reduce the number of people willing to pay. I'd say thirty if you're lucky.You have to remember that by and large, the Bionicle community is made up of kids and young adults, most of whom do not have the disposable income to fly around the country (or world) for a LEGO convention.I think such a convention could be fun, but you need to drastically scale back your expectations and collect a lot more information before you say this is going to happen. Also, no one is going to take you seriously if you change your font color and size every three lines.
im not going to do this, and the person who shall not be named certainly has the means to do this! plus its not only about bionicle its mostly lego and herofactory to keep up with the younger audience ! is we gather enough info we can start a seeding campain about this at the next comic con untill then please send you good intentions toward this. we thank you all for your inquiries!

its mostly lego and herofactory to keep up with the younger audience !
I would disagree. You stated that the majority of the space would be devoted to Bionicle, while only 2 would be LEGO/HF. Also, I would recommend asking your supporter/benefactor for the ability to release his name. It would be much easier to assess the possibility if we know who you believe has enough "connections".

I would disagree. You stated that the majority of the space would be devoted to Bionicle, while only 2 would be LEGO/HF. Also, I would recommend asking your supporter/benefactor for the ability to release his name. It would be much easier to assess the possibility if we know who you believe has enough "connections".
right now its not a post of wether or not we could do this its a post about info so please keep it on topic and we will worry about the rest later

right now its not a post of wether or not we could do this its a post about info so please keep it on topic and we will worry about the rest later
I disagree that this is off topic. The likelihood that you could garner enough support for this is questionable, and it seems like it would be prudent to analyze the actual logistics of the event before you try to gather more information.

still 2 rooms to 3 rooms seems close enough doesnt it , its a bionicle convention and nearly half of it will be something other than bionicle. and i would like to make clear lets keep the attention off the one who shall not be named or he will make me delete this topic

still 2 rooms to 3 rooms seems close enough doesnt it , its a bionicle convention and nearly half of it will be something other than bionicle. and i would like to make clear lets keep the attention off the one who shall not be named or he will make me delete this topic
Your supporter/benefactor's refusal to give up his identity seems somewhat odd considering he'd be supporting and running a highly public event. I would still disagree that you would be able to draw a younger crowd. The majority of you activities are Bionicle-based, and the "title"/subject of this event is a Bionicle Convention. Edited by Mister Spock

Your supporter/benefactor's refusal to give up his identity seems somewhat odd considering he'd be supporting and running a highly public event. I would still disagree that you would be able to draw a younger crowd. The majority of you activities are Bionicle-based, and the "title"/subject of this event is a Bionicle Convention.
he will realease his name at a later time, but this is not the moment to do so. and i would disagree to your disagreement :P for the fact is that ive seen parent throw money at things that they would never bat an eye at , especially if we mention its lego related they kids wont care what it is or what its about ( trust me ive been watching market trends and consumer appeal) ive even seen time and time again parents calling herofactory bionicle! funny right! and i dont get it with all the negativity or the non supportiveness i may have to reconsider this if im getting so many unsupportive comments :( but i hope everyone has a nice day :) Edited by bonesiii
Excessive quoting removed. :) -bones

Your supporter/benefactor's refusal to give up his identity seems somewhat odd considering he'd be supporting and running a highly public event. I would still disagree that you would be able to draw a younger crowd. The majority of you activities are Bionicle-based, and the "title"/subject of this event is a Bionicle Convention.
he will realease his name at a later time, but this is not the moment to do so. and i would disagree to your disagreement :P for the fact is that ive seen parent throw money at things that they would never bat an eye at , especially if we mention its lego related they kids wont care what it is or what its about ( trust me ive been watching market trends and consumer appeal) ive even seen time and time again parents calling herofactory bionicle! funny right! and i dont get it with all the negativity or the non supportiveness i may have to reconsider this if im getting so many unsupportive comments :( but i hope everyone has a nice day :)
I don't wish to be unsupportive, but your assumption that parents would "throw money" at a high-priced event that they don't recognize the theme of seems a bit strange and possibly misplaced. Plus, if your "mystery individual" has influence throughout the entire LEGO Community, it seems odd that he would be unwilling to produce his name. Edited by bonesiii
Excessive quoting removed. :) -bones

I'm sure many of us would like to see something like this succeed. We're all just being very cautious because of the lack of information we're seeing and, let's face it, the fact that Bionicle is over. If you're focusing on making this open to the public and having kids come through - they're not going to know a lot about Bionicle, especially in 2014. It just doesn't seem like a viable idea. Maybe this mystery individual has it all planned out, but from what you've said here, I don't think anyone is convinced.The topic can stay and we can continue to discuss the event, but until the mystery individual reveals himself and/or we hear some more details, it's not getting any official support from BZPower. If you or he want to contact me privately to discuss it, you're welcome to.

I don't wish to be unsupportive, but your assumption that parents would "throw money" at a high-priced event that they don't recognize the theme of seems a bit strange and possibly misplaced. Plus, if your "mystery individual" has influence throughout the entire LEGO Community, it seems odd that he would be unwilling to produce his name.
it will not be high priced at all and thats what the survey is for to see how much one would pay for such a thing and the reason he would not like to produce his name is; if this is a flop he doesn't want to get the lego communitys/publics abuse, and thats the reason im asking questions so we can avoid a catastrophe, and the other reason for lack of naming is ; if we do reveal his name we dont want people saying "oh its him well just cause its that guy it may not work blah blah negativism" well the truth is it doensnt matter who it is as long as he has the skills to do what he does, just cause his official record indicated he never did anything like this doesnt mean he cant! i apreciate your politeness :) Edited by bonesiii
Excessive quoting removed. -bones

it will not be high priced at all and thats what the survey is for to see how much one would pay for such a thing and the reason he would not like to produce his name is; if this is a flop he doesn't want to get the lego communitys/publics abuse, and thats the reason im asking questions so we can avoid a catastrophe, and the other reason for lack of naming is ; if we do reveal his name we dont want people saying "oh its him well just cause its that guy it may not work blah blah negativism" well the truth is it doensnt matter who it is as long as he has the skills to do what he does, just cause his official record indicated he never did anything like this doesnt mean he cant! i apreciate your politeness :)
However, it IS important that we know who it is, because we have no clue as of now what "influence" he has over the LEGO community. I don't believe it would harm his reputation if he released his name now or later.Also, as far as price, due to the small Bionicle fanbase, tickets would have to be priced high in order to sustain and fund such an event as this.

I'm sure many of us would like to see something like this succeed. We're all just being very cautious because of the lack of information we're seeing and, let's face it, the fact that Bionicle is over. If you're focusing on making this open to the public and having kids come through - they're not going to know a lot about Bionicle, especially in 2014. It just doesn't seem like a viable idea. Maybe this mystery individual has it all planned out, but from what you've said here, I don't think anyone is convinced.The topic can stay and we can continue to discuss the event, but until the mystery individual reveals himself and/or we hear some more details, it's not getting any official support from BZPower. If you or he want to contact me privately to discuss it, you're welcome to.
so first off you wouldnt want this to succeed just cause it ended? im sorry if im misunderstanding but that doesnt seem logical , and this is not to promote bionicle but i can say it may be to recreate a fan base for bionicle, another thing this wont be directly lego sponsored so they wont care if its ended or not.and alot of people dont know about zevoz but that didnt stop them from going to the tour/convention that had giveaways and other such things , and thats how they started a fan base and got really good sales! 3rd its not for bringing back bionicle its a convention where lego bioncile and herofactory fans can get together. Mostly were mostly trying to get people who don't know about lego/bionicle to know about it! as for discussing with the one who shall not be named ill ask him if we can set this up

so first off you wouldnt want this to succeed just cause it ended? im sorry if im misunderstanding but that doesnt seem logical , and this is not to promote bionicle but i can say it may be to recreate a fan base for bionicle, another thing this wont be directly lego sponsored so they wont care if its ended or not.
Black Six isn't saying that he doesn't want it to succeed, but instead that he doesn't think it can succeed with such a small fanbase. Requiring attendees to pay a high entrance fee would discourage newcomers from buying a ticket and entering suddenly and forcefully into a serious fan base.

it will not be high priced at all and thats what the survey is for to see how much one would pay for such a thing and the reason he would not like to produce his name is; if this is a flop he doesn't want to get the lego communitys/publics abuse, and thats the reason im asking questions so we can avoid a catastrophe, and the other reason for lack of naming is ; if we do reveal his name we dont want people saying "oh its him well just cause its that guy it may not work blah blah negativism" well the truth is it doensnt matter who it is as long as he has the skills to do what he does, just cause his official record indicated he never did anything like this doesnt mean he cant! i apreciate your politeness :)
However, it IS important that we know who it is, because we have no clue as of now what "influence" he has over the LEGO community. I don't believe it would harm his reputation if he released his name now or later.Also, as far as price, due to the small Bionicle fanbase, tickets would have to be priced high in order to sustain and fund such an event as this.
have you planned an event like this before? sounds like you have. And i also suspect he had other reasons for not disclosing his name to you but i shall respect his choice, and as a said before it does not matter who it is it could be a C.E.O from halfway around the world who will give us 6,00 for no apparent reason, or alot of people who make conventions could owe some guy ALOT of favors and i convinced him to give this a shot for no real reason. what im saying is if he is a bum or the president as long as he has enough connections he can get this done and to get it done we need people to take surveys.
so first off you wouldnt want this to succeed just cause it ended? im sorry if im misunderstanding but that doesnt seem logical , and this is not to promote bionicle but i can say it may be to recreate a fan base for bionicle, another thing this wont be directly lego sponsored so they wont care if its ended or not.
Black Six isn't saying that he doesn't want it to succeed, but instead that he doesn't think it can succeed with such a small fanbase. Requiring attendees to pay a high entrance fee would discourage newcomers from buying a ticket and entering suddenly and forcefully into a serious fan base.
well like i said before its mostly for the newcomers they will be consession stands and carnival style games so the tickets will be around 20 dollars maybe less if we want an even bigger audience. we will most likely be doing this as a sort of lego haunted house/convention type thing around october to get people to want to come

have you planned an event like this before? sounds like you have. And i also suspect he had other reasons for not disclosing his name to you but i shall respect his choice, and as a said before it does not matter who it is it could be a C.E.O from halfway around the world who will give us 6,00 for no apparent reason, or alot of people who make conventions could owe some guy ALOT of favors and i convinced him to give this a shot for no real reason. what im saying is if he is a bum or the president as long as he has enough connections he can get this done and to get it done we need people to take surveys.
While I have not planned a convention before, I know that getting enough attendees would rely both on ticket price and enthusiasm, which is partially muted because of a lack of specifics. Also, as Black Six stated earlier, many Bionicle fans are young, and don't exactly have spare income. Edited by Mister Spock

While I have not planned a convention before, I know that getting enough attendees would rely both on ticket price and enthusiasm, which is partially muted because of a lack of specifics. Also, as Black Six stated earlier, many Bionicle fans are young, and don't exactly have spare income.
and as i said before the price is not solid and i never said it would be high priced, theres also more to planning a convention otehr than tickets and enthusiasm there are ALOT of factors involved that if handled correctly could change the outcome. like i said before our target market is not mostly bionicle fans its newcomers. at thsi point NOTHING sis solid and we may just have to get one huge room and split it into six parts

While I have not planned a convention before, I know that getting enough attendees would rely both on ticket price and enthusiasm, which is partially muted because of a lack of specifics. Also, as Black Six stated earlier, many Bionicle fans are young, and don't exactly have spare income.
and as i said before the price is not solid and i never said it would be high priced, theres also more to planning a convention otehr than tickets and enthusiasm there are ALOT of factors involved that if handled correctly could change the outcome. like i said before our target market is not mostly bionicle fans its newcomers. at thsi point NOTHING sis solid and we may just have to get one huge room and split it into six parts
Trying to draw newcomers into a fan base devoted to a dead toy line is an incredibly daunting task. Sustaining an operation like this would require higher ticket prices due to a smaller attendance, considering most Bionicle fans don't have expendable income, and the fan base is already small.

Trying to draw newcomers into a fan base devoted to a dead toy line is an incredibly daunting task. Sustaining an operation like this would require higher ticket prices due to a smaller attendance, considering most Bionicle fans don't have expendable income, and the fan base is already small.
ok so here its is companys who have a new product or someone who wants people to watch his videos (pretty much anyone who wants to get people to do anything) they go out advertise maybe go on a tour bus and put out displays or give out flyers can make a fan base for theier videos or products or services and get people who normally wouldt buy/watch/create things someone would normally wouldnt have, therefore creating a fan base from no one knowing about it or creating a fan base from a dead toy line, same principlas can work for vastly different things. , and seeing as youve never co-ordinated planned or took consulted to advertising firms i doubt that what you stated would pose a problem to someone who has and knows how to deal with such problems.and i cannot stress this enough this convention is not aimed for a small fan base we are REALLY spreading it Wy farther than bionicle , we just agreed it would be named after bionicle cause we like the sound of it, and the bionicle themed rooms are just cause we like the idea of it and we already set up plans for making it look like it. but other than that its another brick-con or brick fiesta/ kidsfest/comiccon like i said we are DEFINITELY not counting on the bionicle fanbase but we are aslo reaching fanbases not lego related such as the comicon one, steam punk , prop makers, hallowed themed ones and many more

FTR, please avoid excessive quoting of quoting. One to three levels is enough. Thanks. :)

it will not be high priced at all and thats what the survey is for to see how much one would pay for such a thing
Price is determined by what you want to offer, and whether people would want to go is in turn determined by what you do offer. You listed quite a lot of things you would have to have ready beforehand, which means paid for, including food and supplies for the various life-sized things you wanted to offer. If you ask people what price they would be willing to pay if all that is guaranteed to be offered, that's really not realistic, is it? Those costs are determined by whoever you buy the food and supplies from.It would be better to actually look into what these things would cost per person and announce that price, so that people could have an idea of how to answer the "do you want to come" questions. :) Because if people aren't willing to pay a high price to come, then you have to cut what you're offering, which may further lower the incentive to come... Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

FTR, please avoid excessive quoting of quoting. One to three levels is enough. Thanks. :)
it will not be high priced at all and thats what the survey is for to see how much one would pay for such a thing
Price is determined by what you want to offer, and whether people would want to go is in turn determined by what you do offer. You listed quite a lot of things you would have to have ready beforehand, which means paid for, including food and supplies for the various life-sized things you wanted to offer. If you ask people what price they would be willing to pay if all that is guaranteed to be offered, that's really not realistic, is it? Those costs are determined by whoever you buy the food and supplies from.It would be better to actually look into what these things would cost per person and announce that price, so that people could have an idea of how to answer the "do you want to come" questions. :) Because if people aren't willing to pay a high price to come, then you have to cut what you're offering, which may further lower the incentive to come...
and thats exactly what the survey is for people and because nothing is for certain we could easily take out 4 things! so before you guys jump to conclusions just realize its 3 years away and anything is possible especially with certain connections

Price is determined by what you want to offer, and whether people would want to go is in turn determined by what you do offer. You listed quite a lot of things you would have to have ready beforehand, which means paid for, including food and supplies for the various life-sized things you wanted to offer. If you ask people what price they would be willing to pay if all that is guaranteed to be offered, that's really not realistic, is it? Those costs are determined by whoever you buy the food and supplies from.It would be better to actually look into what these things would cost per person and announce that price, so that people could have an idea of how to answer the "do you want to come" questions. :) Because if people aren't willing to pay a high price to come, then you have to cut what you're offering, which may further lower the incentive to come...
and thats exactly what the survey is for people and because nothing is for certain we could easily take out 4 things! so before you guys jump to conclusions just realize its 3 years away and anything is possible especially with certain connections
Didn't you say 2014 before? Realistically, that's only a year or two away.Anyway, it's fine to have a survey to gauge interest, but if you hope to actually understand your demographic, you're going to have to provide more specifics than what you've presented. So far, all I can see are vague assertions that you "know a guy", that the price will be "cheap" and that the details "can be changed easily". None of these give me, a theoretical consumer, any particular confidence that a convention can be feasibly held.

Didn't you say 2014 before? Realistically, that's only a year or two away.Anyway, it's fine to have a survey to gauge interest, but if you hope to actually understand your demographic, you're going to have to provide more specifics than what you've presented. So far, all I can see are vague assertions that you "know a guy", that the price will be "cheap" and that the details "can be changed easily". None of these give me, a theoretical consumer, any particular confidence that a convention can be feasibly held.
but it actually is 3 years away i dont think that had to be corrected. and as for the demographics and all else , well thats actually none of your buisness, this post was about a survey not if it can or cant be done leave that up to us who will be running it, unless you want to be involved i dont know why you would need to know this info. and i dont "know a guy" its not like i met him once at a wild party ive been his friend for over 5 years now and we talk and know each other very well and we are completely serieous about thsi and do have the means to do it we just need some info from market consumers, i thought bzp would be a good place but i guess not i will now post about this on other forums from now on, but thank you for having me and i REALLY apreciate the allowance of me posting here, but i think i will seek better info somewhere else (no offense). on an end note, it would seem that there is only interst on this "mysterious bieng" rather than a bionicle themed convention! which seems ironic since thsi is bzp after all :P lolzany way good night guys hope you get a good night sleep bros.

Actually it is his business. This is a topic to discuss such things. If you are not going to be receptive to people's posts or their viewpoint this topic is going to be closed. You cannot post about knowing a person and expect people to not ask questions or be suspicious. If you want good reliable information, you need to provide people with more accurate details and be willing to accept what they have to say. Axel is merely pointing out what is already to be a proven fact. Bionicle has a dying interest since the story ended, and gathering enough people and funding on top of interest would be a difficult feat. Things might be different if Bionicle was still new or as popular as it once was. You have to realize the kids that grew up with it are moving on now, or hold less interest in the line overall.

Edited by Lilith

bzprovince_zps0d5d507a.png

If you win, you live. If you lose, you die. If you don’t fight, you can’t win!

Actually it is his business. This is a topic to discuss such things. If you are not going to be receptive to people's posts or their viewpoint this topic is going to be closed. You cannot post about knowing a person and expect people to not ask questions or be suspicious. If you want good reliable information, you need to provide people with more accurate details and be willing to accept what they have to say. Axel is merely pointing out what is already to be a proven fact, Bionicle has a dying interest since the story ended, and gathering enough people and funding on top of interest would be a difficult feat. Things might be different if Bionicle was still new or as popular as it once was. You have to realize the kids that grew up with it are moving on now, or hold less interest in the line overall.
i quote myself "and i cannot stress this enough this convention is not aimed for a small fan base we are REALLY spreading it Wy farther than bionicle , we just agreed it would be named after bionicle cause we like the sound of it, and the bionicle themed rooms are just cause we like the idea of it and we already set up plans for making it look like it. but other than that its another brick-con or brick fiesta/ kidsfest/comiccon like i said we are DEFINITELY not counting on the bionicle fanbase but we are aslo reaching fanbases not lego related such as the comicon one, steam punk , prop makers, hallowed themed ones and many more " and this topic is to discuss questions in the survey and not wether if its feasable or not (leave that to us) . Wait im not an expert on this so ill leave it to you guysbut isnt it against rules to go off topic or something i vaguely remember something similar to that? anyways i dont care but thanks for your replys. and i was always receptive to others answers i just wanted to stay on topic if you want i will make another asking if anyone thinks thsi is feasable. i am at your mercy so do as you choose Edited by toa electro

Guys, the subject of this mysterious person should be considered closed, IMO, by Black Six's post. toa electro is free to pursue the offer in that post or not in the meantime.And BZP is the largest Bionicle fansite, so there's really nowhere else you could get a large following for a Bionicle-focused attraction. I would greatly encourage you to cease publicly arguing about it and privately discuss this with Black Six if this is a serious undertaking, as arguing is only going to alienate people who otherwise might like the results of a more thought-through opportunity. As it stands, you said in the first post:

4. what do you think could be improved?
And people have been answering along those lines. I strongly suggest you heed our advice for this to ever be productive. ^_^That said, it's still unlikely you'd get many people going to this. That's simply a matter of fact based on similar venues. People who want to enjoy reminiscing about Bionicle have plenty of opportunities to do that on here rather than going to some rooms, and if that is what they want, there are already venues for that. But still, it is possible, and if you seriously want to make it happen, I suggest you take up Black Six's offer and discuss it via PM. :) You should probably first ask this mysterious benefactor's permission to privately inform Black Six and/or the BZP staff of who it is and the like.There's my two cents. Hope it helps. ^_^

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Since you are rather insistent on people answering your survey:1. I live in the United States of America.2. The normal entrance price for most fan events is $50. I might be willing to go up to $75.3. I am not a vendor.4. I think I need to know what would actually be there before I can say with certainty what I would like improved.5. See above.6. I think I need to know what would actually be there before I can say with certainty how much I want to go.7. I do not live in another country.8. What did you do to poor question number 8?9. And what about 9?10. 2001 is my favorite year of Bionicle.So, to help with questions 4, 5, and 6, here are some questions for you:1. Is this event targeted at hardcore fans (AFOLs and TFOLs) or the public (kids and their parents)?2. If it is targeted at the public, who is going to be running all the events (you and one other person most definitely cannot handle it all)?2a. Will you be hiring people to help or will you be expecting people to volunteer (likely hardcore fans)?3. How many days will the event take place on?4. Will their be areas for fans to display their creations?4a. Will it just be Bionicle creations or will all MOCs be welcome?5. Where will the event be held?6. When will it be held (what month or season? what year?)?

Since you are rather insistent on people answering your survey:1. I live in the United States of America.2. The normal entrance price for most fan events is $50. I might be willing to go up to $75.3. I am not a vendor.4. I think I need to know what would actually be there before I can say with certainty what I would like improved.5. See above.6. I think I need to know what would actually be there before I can say with certainty how much I want to go.7. I do not live in another country.8. What did you do to poor question number 8?9. And what about 9?10. 2001 is my favorite year of Bionicle.So, to help with questions 4, 5, and 6, here are some questions for you:1. Is this event targeted at hardcore fans (AFOLs and TFOLs) or the public (kids and their parents)?2. If it is targeted at the public, who is going to be running all the events (you and one other person most definitely cannot handle it all)?2a. Will you be hiring people to help or will you be expecting people to volunteer (likely hardcore fans)?3. How many days will the event take place on?4. Will their be areas for fans to display their creations?4a. Will it just be Bionicle creations or will all MOCs be welcome?5. Where will the event be held?6. When will it be held (what month or season? what year?)?
cool thanks dude. i left this mysterious person a call last night andhe texted me back he said he was willing to communicate about it as long as we dont discuss the nature of himself...............but who knows if you guys do a video chat you might get to see who it is. so how do you wanna do this via skype, e-mail , a PM or [a social media site] Edited by bonesiii
That site can't be mentioned here. -bones

1.what country do you live in ?--England.2. what's the highest you will be willing to pay for a ticket?--I wouldn't go if you payed me, and I doubt that many other people would either.3. if your a vendor will you like to partake in this?--I'm not one, but I really doubt it.4. what do you think could be improved?--Er... Everything?5. what else would you like?--You having the means of organizing this. That, or to tell us who this "mystery person" is.6. on a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the highest) how much do you want to go?--Negative 10.7. if you live in another country would you fly to get here?--No.10. which is your favorite year of Bionicle you would like to see come alive--They were all kind of terrible, with the exception of the first four.

Edited by bonesiii
This got a bit flamey. Edited. -bones

bionicle is trans culture

1.what country do you live in ?--England.2. what's the highest you will be willing to pay for a ticket?--I wouldn't go if you payed me, and I doubt that many other people would either.3. if your a vendor will you like to partake in this?--I'm not one, but I really doubt it.4. what do you think could be improved?--Er... Everything?5. what else would you like?--You having the means of organizing this. That, or to tell us who this "mystery person" is.6. on a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the highest) how much do you want to go?--Negative 10.7. if you live in another country would you fly to get here?--No.10. which is your favorite year of Bionicle you would like to see come alive--They were all kind of terrible, with the exception of the first four.
thank you ! :D but i cannot accept this sorry :( as i said before this is not about the mystery person, and as you said the only way you would go is if i reveal who the mystery person is? and i said before i am 80% sure we can pull this off its none of your business to judge if i can or cant. i will quote myself again " and i cannot stress this enough this convention is not aimed for a small fan base we are REALLY spreading it Wy farther than bionicle , we just agreed it would be named after bionicle cause we like the sound of it, and the bionicle themed rooms are just cause we like the idea of it and we already set up plans for making it look like it. but other than that its another brick-con or brick fiesta/ kidsfest/comiccon like i said we are DEFINITELY not counting on the bionicle fanbase", thanks for your time and consideration of answering questions but please try to be productive and a little more kind ive taken enough punishment as it is, and no sense in beating a man while hes down (unless you enjoy hurting others). i will try my best to be polite and VERY considerate of other now. so THANK YOU so much for answering this, and hope you have a great day love,toa electro

i will quote myself again " and i cannot stress this enough this convention is not aimed for a small fan base we are REALLY spreading it Wy farther than bionicle , we just agreed it would be named after bionicle cause we like the sound of it, and the bionicle themed rooms are just cause we like the idea of it and we already set up plans for making it look like it.
Spreading beyond the small fanbase that Bionicle maintains won't work if you name the convention "Bionicle Convention". The title would have to be broader in scope if you actually wanted to draw a larger crowd.Also, I thought I might help out my creating a really basic list of possible costs that would affect the ticket price:Small fanbase leading to very small attendancePaying staffersCreating all these life-size products that you mentionBuying sets for free give-awaysPromotion

i will quote myself again " and i cannot stress this enough this convention is not aimed for a small fan base we are REALLY spreading it Wy farther than bionicle , we just agreed it would be named after bionicle cause we like the sound of it, and the bionicle themed rooms are just cause we like the idea of it and we already set up plans for making it look like it.
Spreading beyond the small fanbase that Bionicle maintains won't work if you name the convention "Bionicle Convention". The title would have to be broader in scope if you actually wanted to draw a larger crowd.Also, I thought I might help out my creating a really basic list of possible costs that would affect the ticket price:Small fanbase leading to very small attendancePaying staffersCreating all these life-size products that you mentionBuying sets for free give-awaysPromotion
alright now thats some god info! im not giving away bionicle sets but i am planning on gatting atr least 4 uncostly lego sets :) the life sized products will be made by some vendors we are in contact with that want to help sponsor the event, we will be making fundraisers at schools and small clubs to raise promo money and staff would be volunteers, we would only need 5 , and we are in contact with soem people that will give us how ever many people we need qand the hours they work will go to college credit and comminity service.oh and comic con attracts ALOT of steampunk fans and ALOT motre than just comics i was actually surprised tosee how many things had no relation to comics there compared to when it started. so in fact getting fanbasses from different genres is possible

oh and comic con attracts ALOT of steampunk fans and ALOT motre than just comics i was actually surprised tosee how many things had no relation to comics there compared to when it started. so in fact getting fanbasses from different genres is possible
True, but this is not ComicCon, nor is it even plausible that it will reach such a level of popularity that it has similar results to those of CC.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

o

oh and comic con attracts ALOT of steampunk fans and ALOT motre than just comics i was actually surprised tosee how many things had no relation to comics there compared to when it started. so in fact getting fanbasses from different genres is possible
True, but this is not ComicCon, nor is it even plausible that it will reach such a level of popularity that it has similar results to those of CC.
well ur rite but were not trying to be as popular as comic con, i was just saying it could be possible that attracting other fanbases can be done, thats all