• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Official Mass Effect Topic

Mass Effect Games Science Fiction

• Please log in to reply
875 replies to this topic

#81 Offline Valenti

Valenti
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Blog Assistants
  • Senior Staff

• 4,662 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Jan 27 2012 - 09:53 AM

The Special Forces trailer is up.It. Is. Glorious.

~Everypony wants to rule the world.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

topdowndiscovery3.jpg

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

~My Little Pony~ ~Mass Effect~

#82 Offline GSR

GSR
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Book Badger

• 999 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Jan 27 2012 - 01:52 PM

It does look pretty fun; hopefully I can get some good matches going when ME3 comes out. It'll be interesting to see exactly how they implement multiplayer results into singleplayer as well.Also, The Art of Mass Effect showed off two new ME3 squadmates. However, their identities are serious spoilers (though the latter is apparently DLC, so s/he'll get announced sooner or later most likely), so don't look if you don't want to know. To be honest, I can't say I'm a fan of their designs, for reasons in the spoiler tags.
Spoiler
Spoiler
Also, the MP trailer had a super-brief shot of squaddie number two above; they're on the left here. If you can identify them from this shot of their arm/shoulder/half of the back of the head alone, you are amazing and possibly psychic. But since I really doubt you can, take this as a tease.Posted Image

Edited by GSR, Jan 27 2012 - 01:58 PM.

I am moving across the country! Please allow me time to reply to any messages/etc. Thanks!

newbforumleader.jpg
(That's a blog link for what it's worth)

The Q&A Compendium
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

#83 Offline Bundalings

Bundalings
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,234 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jan 27 2012 - 02:02 PM

/)(^3^)(\So awesome!I really want to know what the species bonuses are. I heard a rumor that the drell can... jump far. Which is kind of weird but okay?Edit: okay didn't see GSR's post.
Spoiler

Edited by Bundalings, Jan 27 2012 - 02:09 PM.

skiddo.png.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

#84 Offline Ultimate_Kardas

Ultimate_Kardas
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Pahrak-Kal Attacks!

• 2,678 posts

Posted Jan 27 2012 - 02:32 PM

Ya, I saw the video. Even more stoked than I was before.I hope you can customize your powers as well. I originally wanted to be a turian infiltrator, but they don't have that (I don't care if you can be a turian sentinel with the widow, it's just not the same), so instead I was planning on being a quarian infiltrator, but I'm not sure if they're gonna have male quarians which is a really big downer for me since I want to be like Kal'Reegar, so because of this I'll probably end up being a salarian since playing on Virmire again made me remember how cool they are.Also, "The art of mass effect" has been leaked online and reportedly has some big spoilers in it, so I wouldn't recommend looking for it. I did, however, manage to obtain the designs of the N7 Edition DLC Character and spoiler character.SQUADMATE SPOILERS:
Spoiler
And remember guys, even though these aren't story spoilers, please talk about them in spoilers.
EDIT: How did I not notice somebody had already posted this T_T~U_K~

Edited by Ultimate_Kardas, Jan 27 2012 - 02:33 PM.

Posted Image

#85 Offline Makaru

Makaru
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Senior Not So Grump

• 11,341 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Jan 27 2012 - 03:15 PM

I was planning on being a quarian infiltrator, but I'm not sure if they're gonna have male quarians which is a really big downer for me since I want to be like Kal'Reegar,

Eeeeeeveryone wants to be Adam Baldwin.

13432482545_b80a31ed8e_n.jpg

Can you lose to me in a rap battle? Shoryuken! ~K. Masters

#86 Offline Valenti

Valenti
  • Premier Member
  • Senior Staff

• 4,662 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Jan 27 2012 - 05:40 PM

Okay, I really like those spoilered squadmates:
Spoiler
Bring on ME3!

topdowndiscovery3.jpg

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

#87 Offline HAZMAT

HAZMAT
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • Flying Force!

• 2,365 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Jan 27 2012 - 06:27 PM

Spoiler

#88 Offline Ultimate_Kardas

Ultimate_Kardas
  • Pahrak-Kal Attacks!

• 2,678 posts

Posted Jan 27 2012 - 07:00 PM

Spoiler
~U_K~

Posted Image

#89 Offline GSR

GSR
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Book Badger

• 999 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Jan 27 2012 - 09:08 PM

Spoiler

I am moving across the country! Please allow me time to reply to any messages/etc. Thanks!

newbforumleader.jpg

The Q&A Compendium
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations

#90 Offline Bundalings

Bundalings
  • Premier Member
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,234 posts

Posted Jan 28 2012 - 01:57 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler
Edit: Blargh, I wonder who I should import first. My Femshep who romanced Kaidan (Engineer), or my Manshep that romanced Tali (Vanguard). If you can't change faces at the start of your game (please don't do that to us, Bioware -also, give us the ability to view our Shep 360 while making him/her?) then definitely I'll import my Femshep, because while she isn't exactly a looker, my Manshep is hideous.Well I guess I could import my Manshep Sentenel x Miranda (why did I do that? She's boring...) or my second Manshep Vanguard x Jack, but while both of them look fine, I'm less interested in Miranda and Jack than Tali and Kaidan...Heh, all my characters made pretty much the same moral decisions. I guess I just enjoy being overall Paragon more... I did make use of most of the Renegade interrupts, because I have no problems fighting dirty - I just don't like being mean to other good guys. My Vanguard x Jack was more unique than the others, in that I recruited Morinth and killed Sidonis. Morinth is pretty evil, but I don't see her as much worse than her mother...Edit2: What classes have you played as and which are your favorites?ME1: Soldier, Engineerx2, AdeptFavorite: Eh, probably Adept. They're just so powerful. Being and Engineer was a lot of fun too, they could just make life miserable for your enemies, but weren't so good at outright killing them. I liked having a team of EngineerShep, Kaidan and Liara. That was the best.ME2: Started Soldier and was bored/quit, Sentinel, Vanguardx2, EngineerEngineer an outstanding favorite here. As fun as Charge is, Vanguard isn't as good on the higher difficulties (I normally play Hardcore or Insanity). Playing a Sentinel was just too easy, with the Tech Armor. Engineer's were a perfect balance of fun and challenge. The Tech Drone power sucks on your team mates with a thirty second cooldown, but on Shep it's just three seconds so it's one of the best powers in the game.Edit3: lol more editsInteresting note on the Multiplayer front, haven't seen anyone else talking about it.Different species (and possibly genders, in the case of humans) get different powers, even playing as the same class.For example, a human male infiltrator gets Sticky Grenade, Cryo Blast and Tactical Cloak, while the salarian Infiltrator gets Energy Drain, Proximity Mine and Tactical Cloak.This information comes from the limited demo from a while back and the new multiplayer trailer.The only other two sets revealed are:Human male Sentinel: Warp, Throw, Tech ArmorTurian Sentinel: Warp, Overload, Tech ArmorHuman male Vanguard: Pull, Shockwave, Biotic ChargeDrell Vanguard: Pull, Cluster Grenade, Biotic Charge

Edited by Bundalings, Jan 28 2012 - 03:48 AM.

skiddo.png.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

#91 Offline HAZMAT

HAZMAT
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • Flying Force!

• 2,365 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Jan 28 2012 - 04:09 AM

Are you sure you can't choose what powers you use? That would make more sense, seeing as they're pushing customizability.

#92 Offline Bundalings

Bundalings
  • Premier Member
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,234 posts

Posted Jan 28 2012 - 04:25 AM

The screenshots and trailer seem to heavily imply the powers are species locked. No way I can be 100% sure until the full game comes out, of course.

skiddo.png.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

#93 Offline Ultimate_Kardas

Ultimate_Kardas
  • Pahrak-Kal Attacks!

• 2,678 posts

Posted Jan 28 2012 - 03:28 PM

I'm almost positive that we'll be able to customize our powers a bit. I've seen drell vanguards using nova, heck, in the trailer they even used nova, just not in their segment.And so far, I've only had 2 playthroughs for ME1 (3 if you can't before my xbox got stolen), vanguard and infiltrator. I like infiltrator better of the two. I'm starting a soldier on insanity right now for 3 achievements (insanity, doing missions with Ashley, and 150 kills with the assault rifle).For ME2 I've played only my vanguard and infiltrator, but infiltrator is by far my favorite. While the vanguard charge is very fun, being an infiltrator and one shotting enemies while invisible with the widow is just too much fun.I play mostly on veteran just because I like to have fun, but not to have enemies be a complete pushover.~U_K~

Posted Image

#94 Offline Bundalings

Bundalings
  • Premier Member
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,234 posts

Posted Jan 28 2012 - 03:52 PM

Yes, after a bit more snooping I have found some other evidence that we'll be able to choose our own powers. This is a very good thing. I wonder what will differentiate the species, then? Beyond the special movements they have, I mean. Which seem to be:Drell: Something called "ninja jump" (?)Human: RollAsari: Biotic dodge (looks very cool)Krogan: Charge-I watched my brother playing Infiltrator, didn't interest me much because I prefer killing stuff with powers over guns.What's this Nova power do? I've seen people talk about it but I don't think I've seen it in action. I'm assuming it's a Biotic power... is that the new Vanguard power where they biotic ground-pound?

Edited by Bundalings, Jan 28 2012 - 03:52 PM.

skiddo.png.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

#95 Offline Ultimate_Kardas

Ultimate_Kardas
  • Pahrak-Kal Attacks!

• 2,678 posts

Posted Jan 28 2012 - 04:06 PM

Ya, it's a ground pound that sends enemies around you flying, but at the risk of depleting your shields. Vanguard only. It was featured on the latest Bioware pulse.I will admit that biotic powers are very handy. Having Liara with my vanguard for battling Saren just made it way too easy. He didn't even get a chance to do anything since we just kept lifting him. In ME2, having pull field made husks seem just pathetic, especially since it recharges so fast.~U_K~

Posted Image

#96 Offline Bundalings

Bundalings
  • Premier Member
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,234 posts

Posted Jan 28 2012 - 05:46 PM

Yeah, the difference between playing on Veteran and Hardcore is extreme. I was just playing Mass Effect 2 on Veteran with my level 30 Vanguard, and the suicide mission was laughable with an all-biotic squad (I took Morinth and Jack, mostly), because you could just lift and throw the Collectors all over the place. They never stood a chance.But then on Hardcore EVERYTHING gets protection, so the difficulty more than doubles between the two difficulties... Husks are hilarious when you have pull/throw/shockwave and they don't have armor.

skiddo.png.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

#97 Offline Valenti

Valenti
  • Premier Member
  • Senior Staff

• 4,662 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Jan 28 2012 - 05:49 PM

But then on Hardcore EVERYTHING gets protection, so the difficulty more than doubles between the two difficulties... Husks are hilarious when you have pull/throw/shockwave and they don't have armor.

...The fun has been doubled?

topdowndiscovery3.jpg

#98 Offline Xaeraz

Xaeraz
  • Premier Member
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,075 posts

Posted Jan 29 2012 - 03:12 AM

So, the humanoid races are confirmed for Multiplayer? What about Geth, Volus, Elcor, Hanar, etc. Or can we not play as those?Because you have no idea how much I want to be an Elcor in hot pink.

Edited by Genuine Xaeraz, Jan 29 2012 - 03:13 AM.

who_the_shepard_do_you_think_i_am.jpg

#99 Offline HAZMAT

HAZMAT
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • Flying Force!

• 2,365 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Jan 29 2012 - 04:57 AM

None of those have been mentioned.

#100 Offline Ultimate_Kardas

Ultimate_Kardas
  • Pahrak-Kal Attacks!

• 2,678 posts

Posted Jan 29 2012 - 11:50 AM

Not to mention that volus have said themselves that they lack physical prowess and would rather trade with people for their services.I would pay so much money for playable geth dlc. I don't care if I didn't like the other parts of the same DLC, I would gladly pay up for my chance to play as a geth infiltrator.~U_K~

Posted Image

#101 Offline Bundalings

Bundalings
  • Premier Member
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,234 posts

Posted Jan 29 2012 - 02:09 PM

True, they haven't said anything, but when asked they usually say "We have some surprises. Also DLC."I doubt we'll see anything new in the demo, however.

skiddo.png.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

#102 Offline Ultimate_Kardas

Ultimate_Kardas
  • Pahrak-Kal Attacks!

• 2,678 posts

Posted Feb 04 2012 - 10:43 AM

The achievement list has been revealed. If you don't even like minor spoilers, I wouldn't go see it, but all of the story related ones are pretty vague.And for anybody that somehow still despises multiplayer, you'll be glad to know that all the multiplayer achievements can also be completed in single player.Example: Reach level 20 in multiplayer or level 60 in single player.Also, I like that this time around there's an achievement for establishing a new relationship or rekindling an old one.~U_K~

Posted Image

#103 Offline GSR

GSR
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Book Badger

• 999 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Feb 04 2012 - 02:45 PM

A lot of the achievements seem pretty pointless to me ("visit a shop"? Really?) but I'm playing on PC anyways, so I guess it doesn't really matter. A shame there looks to be no dialogue-related ones, but i guess that's to be expected with the option of turning dialogue choices off.

newbforumleader.jpg

The Q&A Compendium

#104 Offline DYLAN the SINKING STAR

DYLAN the SINKING STAR
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 945 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 04 2012 - 04:46 PM

I know that mutliplayer is co-op but does anyone know if we can search for players to play with? None of my friends are getting the game.

#105 Offline GSR

GSR
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Book Badger

• 999 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Feb 04 2012 - 04:51 PM

If I'm not mistaken, you can play with random people online, not just your friends.

newbforumleader.jpg

The Q&A Compendium

#106 Offline DYLAN the SINKING STAR

DYLAN the SINKING STAR
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 945 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 04 2012 - 05:36 PM

If I'm not mistaken, you can play with random people online, not just your friends.

Awesome, just that much more excited for the game now.Everyone excited for the demo on Feb. 14?

#107 Offline HAZMAT

HAZMAT
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • Flying Force!

• 2,365 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Feb 05 2012 - 12:39 AM

Everyone excited for the demo on Feb. 14?

Of course!I'm gonna have to find time in my busy Skyrim schedule, though. :P

#108 Offline Ultimate_Kardas

Ultimate_Kardas
  • Pahrak-Kal Attacks!

• 2,678 posts

Posted Feb 05 2012 - 01:34 AM

Here's some concept art of Jack for Mass Effect 3:
Spoiler
~U_K~

Posted Image

#109 Offline Valenti

Valenti
  • Premier Member
  • Senior Staff

• 4,662 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Feb 05 2012 - 01:49 AM

That spoilered pic (and the text in it) is quite awesome. :P

topdowndiscovery3.jpg

#110 Offline GSR

GSR
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Book Badger

• 999 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Feb 05 2012 - 02:18 AM

Digging her new design; I hope she's a temporary squad member.

newbforumleader.jpg

The Q&A Compendium

#111 Offline Bundalings

Bundalings
  • Premier Member
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,234 posts

Posted Feb 05 2012 - 03:26 AM

Spoiler
I never thought I'd say this, but after playing it, Jack is definitely my favorite love interest in the series. She has an interesting character arc.actually a spoiler follows if you haven't read about any new characters
Spoiler

skiddo.png.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

#112 Offline Xaeraz

Xaeraz
  • Premier Member
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,075 posts

Posted Feb 05 2012 - 04:59 PM

Holy...Jack is much more attractive in that art than she ever was in ME2, if I say so myself.'specially with that Widow.

who_the_shepard_do_you_think_i_am.jpg

#113 Offline Bundalings

Bundalings
  • Premier Member
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,234 posts

Posted Feb 07 2012 - 02:44 PM

> Visit Mass Effect forum> Browse Kaidan topic> See no fewer than five images of smexy models with Kaidan's head photoshopped on them> See fanladies drooling> Leave forever

skiddo.png.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

#114 Offline GSR

GSR
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Book Badger

• 999 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Feb 07 2012 - 03:28 PM

Hi, welcome to the internet. I'll be your guide. To the left we have a live specimen of fangirlus hunkastacion, known for subsisting entirely on topless images of men who have no idea that at this very moment no less than four fifteen-to-twenty year olds are each writing slash fic of them. For your safety, please do not feed the exhibits with any reasonably handsome actor in a nerdy role, as this has been known to set off a feeding frenzy lasting as many as fifteen pages.We used to have a kennel of fanboyus talimancun to the right, but after deliberation the remaining members of the species were isolated for the safety of the other exhibits.

Edited by GSR, Feb 07 2012 - 03:30 PM.

newbforumleader.jpg

The Q&A Compendium

#115 Offline Bundalings

Bundalings
  • Premier Member
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,234 posts

Posted Feb 07 2012 - 03:36 PM

I'm used to seeing smexy fanarts/photos on the internet, it's just the marriage between them with a human body and a CG head was too creepy for me.Thankfully the other character threads weren't so unsettling.

Edited by Bundalings, Feb 07 2012 - 03:37 PM.

skiddo.png.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

#116 Offline GSR

GSR
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Book Badger

• 999 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Feb 07 2012 - 03:41 PM

I'm used to seeing smexy fanarts/photos on the internet, it's just the marriage between them with a human body and a CG head was too creepy for me.

Yeah, that's particularly... unfortunate.Also, word just hit that (surprise surprise) there's going to be an ME3 tie-in game for iOS, "Mass Effect: Infiltrator". It's apparently a third-person shooter about rescuing hostages from Cerberus, and completing missions there increases your "Galactic Readiness" in ME3. (Which, I must say, I'm still not a big fan of.)

newbforumleader.jpg

The Q&A Compendium

#117 Offline Bundalings

Bundalings
  • Premier Member
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,234 posts

Posted Feb 07 2012 - 03:59 PM

Lack of Android booooo.

skiddo.png.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

#118 Offline GSR

GSR
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Book Badger

• 999 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Feb 07 2012 - 06:40 PM

And now there's word that the first DLC is available at GameStop for $10, titled "From Dust". This is almost certainly the CE character/mission, and in turn almost certainly
Spoiler
They also apparently showed off a new trailer to the media today that we'll get to see sooner or later, titled "Take Back Earth", as well as an iPad app called "Mass Effect Datapad" you can somehow use to manage the main game.

Edited by GSR, Feb 07 2012 - 06:41 PM.

newbforumleader.jpg

The Q&A Compendium

#119 Offline Ultimate_Kardas

Ultimate_Kardas
  • Pahrak-Kal Attacks!

• 2,678 posts

Posted Feb 09 2012 - 08:48 PM

Did you guys see the 4 new trailers?They just made the wait so much worse. MULTIPLE IMAGES INBOUND!My new backgroundBanshees don't seem to like Shepard... (censored for BZP)Customizable lights =DMultiplayer customizationWe can upgrade their powers too!THE MAKO!Harvester huskWhat's with the paragon/renegade bar?Phantoms don't like femshep (it's a gif so let it load)Also, here's some screens from the videos that might be considered spoilers, so spoiler tags just in case.
Spoiler
~U_K~

Posted Image

#120 Offline Valenti

Valenti
  • Premier Member
  • Senior Staff

• 4,662 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Feb 09 2012 - 09:54 PM

In the Integrated Storytelling trailer,
Spoiler
^ Yeah some heavy spoilers, even if they're only speculation at this point.

Edited by Valenti, Feb 09 2012 - 10:08 PM.

topdowndiscovery3.jpg

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users