Mass Effect Topic

Angel Beat

With the character creator being easier to use now, I made this Shepard that I'll be using in at least my first run through, if not consecutive ones. I like his look better than Sheploo. I think I just got lucky with him, because I think he looks great and I've never been able to make a decent looking Shep without modifying others' codes.http://i188.photobuc...ct/shep1jpg.jpghttp://i188.photobuc...ct/shep2jpg.jpghttp://i188.photobuc...ct/shep3jpg.jpghttp://i188.photobuc...ct/shep4jpg.jpghttp://i188.photobuc...ct/shep5jpg.jpghttp://i188.photobuc...ct/shep6jpg.jpghttp://i188.photobuc...ct/shep7jpg.jpghttp://i188.photobuc...ct/shep8jpg.jpghttp://i188.photobuc...ffect/shep9.jpgHere's his code if anyone is interested (I'm assuming it will work in the final game): 132.8K5.RGP.631.KAN.E7B.SLG.59W.WN8.7FE.848.3Edit: I also wrote a 3000 word guide to the Engineer in Mass Effect 2, for the Prima contest, but I think I they closed the contest before the deadline so I missed it. ;___;

Edited by Bundalings

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

Two hours in. Quite good so far, though Shepard speaks on his/her own much more than previous games.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Two hours in. Quite good so far, though Shepard speaks on his/her own much more than previous games.

Yeah, I notice that in the Demo.How much does it happen?~ELM~
Very often, even with conversations set to "Full Decisions". There's also less choices in dialogue, at least so far; most wheels have been one option in the upper right and one in the lower right, with investigate or other choices being quite rare. Edited by GSR

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

Also, if you've been following the AllianceNewsNetwork on the social networking bird chirp site, then you can see what happens to Emily Wong as she covers the Reaper invasion.

You can mention Twitter. ;)Also, my copy will definitely arrive today. It's out for delivery right now according to UPS.

Yeah, I notice that in the Demo.How much does it happen?~ELM~
Very often, even with conversations set to "Full Decisions". There's also less choices in dialogue, at least so far; most wheels have been one option in the upper right and one in the lower right, with investigate or other choices being quite rare.
Wow, that. . . . .. . ..sucks, like, a lot. What the heck Bioware?Anyway, ME3 finished downloading overnight, but when I went to import my ME2 char(Which had originally come from ME1 as well)it couldn't import my face corectly.What do? Even though I disliked his face at first, I've grown attached to it(Something that happens when you play through two games with it).Help.~ELM~
andromeda_m31_slideshow.jpg

Yeah, for some reason Bioware set it up so you can't import the face of an ME1->ME2 character. You'll just have to remake him/her by hand.I've also heard of people uploading their saves to a ME2 tool site and getting a face code from that, but when I tried the result was... not pretty.

So it looks like my digital deluxe version will be unlocked on midnight, 8th of March.so stoked

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

Yeah, for some reason Bioware set it up so you can't import the face of an ME1->ME2 character. You'll just have to remake him/her by hand.I've also heard of people uploading their saves to a ME2 tool site and getting a face code from that, but when I tried the result was... not pretty.

what.what.WHAT.I. . . . . . . .I don't even know.Welp, time to get real familiar with the character creator I guess-_-.~ELM~ Edited by Element lord Of Milk.

About 4 hours in now, just recruited the DLC character. Loving this guy already, if only because it's nice to have someone on your team who isn't in a constant state of awe at Liara.

I have no access to shipping details for my Collector's Edition, so I'm asking y'all. Anyone on the East Coast who ordered a CE or just plain ol' physical copy get theirs yet?

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

About 4 hours in now, just recruited the DLC character. Loving this guy already, if only because it's nice to have someone on your team who isn't in a constant state of awe at Liara.

When can you recruit him? I'm a little over 3 hours in.Liara took the fact that I romanced Tali in ME2 pretty casually, wasn't expecting that.I also managed to make a Character that looked close enough to my Original Shep, Bioware did say they'd work on fixing the problem, so hopefully it'll be fixed by my second playthrough and i can play through with my new ME2 save(Which i will hopefully be done by then).Initially i was dissapointed that there weren't as many dialogue options, but i've gotten used to it.~ELM~

When can you recruit him? I'm a little over 3 hours in.Liara took the fact that I romanced Tali in ME2 pretty casually, wasn't expecting that.I also managed to make a Character that looked close enough to my Original Shep, Bioware did say they'd work on fixing the problem, so hopefully it'll be fixed by my second playthrough and i can play through with my new ME2 save(Which i will hopefully be done by then).Initially i was dissapointed that there weren't as many dialogue options, but i've gotten used to it.~ELM~
You should be able to recruit him as soon as you get to the Galaxy Map. There'll be an email that'll give you the mission.

You might want to spoiler tag that, since some people probably don't want to know that's even in the game.

You should be able to recruit him as soon as you get to the Galaxy Map. There'll be an email that'll give you the mission.
Yeah, i guess the DLC didn't download properly the first time, so i had to redownload it, and then it worked fine.So far I'm LOVING his character. I'm going to have trouble picking a squad that I stick with, cause there's this guy, but also Garrus and Liara.~ELM~

The physical copy of ME3 N7CE is on its way!woohoo!

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

Woot, the Digital Deluxe edition has been unlocked for me on Origin. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.png Started playing ASAP. ;)Here's Jiannah Shepard, my character import from ME2, with some modifications. :PThe code if anyone is interested:741.QDG.L17.F16.JDM.65D.1DD.711.J16.113.4GC.356

f9Qcky7.png

And guys, before you post spoilers, can you say what mission the spoiler is about (unless the mission name itself has spoilers of course).Tuchunka spoilers:

Even though I'm a renegade player mostly, I went almost all paragon on this mission. The Krogan are my bros. Screw the Salarians. Besides, I got the support of the STG.Also, I just watched what happens if you do what the Dalatrass wants. Seriously, look it up on a video site. What I saw made me so sad and depressed that I'm almost sick to the stomach. I'm so glad that for my worst playthrough with MUFASA Sehpard that Mordin is already dead so I don't have to watch it. I honestly don't know if I could ever do that in any playthrough ever.

~U_K~

alienbanner.jpg

You guys. MAJOR Quarian spoilers:

So I let Legion upload the Reaper code to the geth. I'm not sure how much I liked the option, especially since Tali AND Legion both die. The Shepard I'm playing now has pretty much grown to be an AI sympathizer, though. I don't mind that most of the quarian got messed up, but gosh Tali...did you have to jump off that cliff?! Why was uploading the code the Paragon option? I did do the mission where Legion connects Shepard into the geth network, however. I think that's what made me decide to side with the geth on the major decision. There were some pretty messed up quarians.

I'm not sure how happy I am with the outcome of my decision...but I'm going to stick with the consequences. I'm mostly playing through to experience the game. I'll go back with my "perfect" Shepard later.

What is dead may never die.

Early Citadel (second visit, I believe):

Aww, poor Kelly, I want to hug her IRL. :(And Aria's first appearance is LOL.

The journal in ME3 is quite annoying with its lack of hints in where the hay you're suposed to go in sidequests.

Edited by Heliophobia

f9Qcky7.png

You guys.MAJOR Quarian spoilers:

So I let Legion upload the Reaper code to the geth. I'm not sure how much I liked the option, especially since Tali AND Legion both die. The Shepard I'm playing now has pretty much grown to be an AI sympathizer, though. I don't mind that most of the quarian got messed up, but gosh Tali...did you have to jump off that cliff?! Why was uploading the code the Paragon option? I did do the mission where Legion connects Shepard into the geth network, however. I think that's what made me decide to side with the geth on the major decision. There were some pretty messed up quarians.

I'm not sure how happy I am with the outcome of my decision...but I'm going to stick with the consequences. I'm mostly playing through to experience the game. I'll go back with my "perfect" Shepard later.

Tali doesn't have to die. You can unite the Quarians and the Geth and save her. As far as I know, Legion dies regardless.

I want you to hit me as hard as you can.

Something on your mind, Dear?

Hey, you created me. I didn't create some loser alter-ego to make myself feel better. Take some responsibility!

So I got a Drell adept in MP, I think i love him even more than my Old Drell Vanguard in the demo. Cluster renade is so nice, and I seem to notice that drell are way faster than other species.I've also become quite talented with a Sniper rifle, I've managed to become quite good at "quickscoping" (For lack of a better word)for when things are getting close to me. I got a Raptor last night, so i'll try that out today to see it I like it better than the Mantis.Also Firebase Dagger is my new favorite map, such a good sniping area, and ammo nearby.Also I think that when you're doing Unknown enemies it favors Reapers a bit too much, I think I've gotten Geth a grand total of once with it.~ELM~

The journal in ME3 is quite annoying with its lack of hints in where the hay you're suposed to go in sidequests.

That's the same exact thing I was thinking, the journal doesn't update at all so I have no idea what stage I am on for the quest. :/Gotta admit, I used the Mass Effect wiki a couple of times just to get an idea on where to go.

Played a good amount of multiplayer yesterday; really a lot more fun when you've got someone else in the room playing with you.With regards to single player, I'm enjoying it quite a lot, but if I had to name two big gripes it would be the journal system (which they made worse between games, for some reason - like, objectively speaking less information is given to you) and the neutered conversation system. I've seen one Charm/Intimidate prompt in about 10 hours, and 1 just charm prompt (and that was for a romance I wasn't going to pursue).

Tali doesn't have to die. You can unite the Quarians and the Geth and save her. As far as I know, Legion dies regardless.

How? There must have been decisions I answered incorrectly preceding the mission. As far as I know, I did all of the paragon choices. My Reputation was just about full, too. Not that I'm going to change my decision, I'm just curious. ;)

What is dead may never die.

How? There must have been decisions I answered incorrectly preceding the mission. As far as I know, I did all of the paragon choices. My Reputation was just about full, too. Not that I'm going to change my decision, I'm just curious. ;)

Did you do every mission on Rannoch before the last one? I believe there are also choices in ME 2 that affect it. How did you handle the quarian and Geth in ME 2?

I want you to hit me as hard as you can.

Something on your mind, Dear?

Hey, you created me. I didn't create some loser alter-ego to make myself feel better. Take some responsibility!

Spoilers per above:

Same here (you have to have rewritten the Heretics in ME2 AND get a truce between the Geth and the Quarians).Legion refers to itself as "I". I cried.

Edited by Philophobia

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

It was a great game but...well my issues are in the spoiler tags for obvious reason. Read at your own peril. Suffice to say I am not the only person who feels this way. Also warning ending stuff below. This is just my personal opinion mostly.

So after I let the ending of the series settle in I found myself immensely disappointed in Bioware but especially in its story team, especially Mac Walters. Who I might add seems to favor a Liara romance for male shepard. Well he did write a comic about it.That's not the point of this, the point is I have to write a fanfiction for my male Shepard now (Mark Meer has been getting better with each game and in this one he's amazing). The ending didn't tie up loose ends like it promised. It cheated fans of what they justly deserved. This I would also blame EA for, who was probably pushing them to get the two games out soon (Mass Effect 2 and 3). If the games were given the time that it took to make the first. They would be amazing but each was rushed in the end.The gameplay was amazing and in all honestly it was all great until that moment at the end.Some of you are probably wondering why I would spoiler this. Well because I think it's necessary.I will say Legion's sacrifice along with the Geth and Quarians making peace was beautiful, with Legion's sacrifice making it all the more poginant. Liara's beacons for the future. All these should have played a part but they didn't. I feel all this was to appeal to an audience who never played the earlier games (which by the way is dumb beyond belief).That's why I'm putting a spoiler on this. I'm disappointed mostly. Which I mostly am but enjoy the journey. 3 was a great game, but its ending, EA and Bioware cheated its fans. I've kind of lost faith in Bioware. Though turning KOTOR into a multiplayer online game just didn't make sense either.

Edited by The Mask

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

So i just finished up the Quarian quests.

The first time I did the last part, the Flotilla was destroyed and Tali committed suicide(I simply let Legion go through with the Upload). And then my poor shep was alone and friendless(Javik having mysteriously disappeared). Of course I wouldn't let this fly, so i redid the last part of the mission and managed to let everyone live.Probably my favorite Main story mission so far, a close second being curing the Genophage.

~ELM~

I managed to make peace with them...you can save Tali if you have enough so called peace points. Talk Han'Gerrel down and she'll be safe.Keelah Se'lai (That's my new sign off lol)

Well that was scary. I had just finished the mission after Thessia, and when I got back to my ship, all my war assets were reset to 0, and my galactic readiness bar was set to 0% (even though it can't fall below 50%). It was really stressful because I know I'm almost done the game and have done every side mission. Not to mention this affected all my saves, even the ones near the beginning of the game. To relieve my stress, I decided to go play multiplayer. I finally got my human infiltrator up to level 20 (collecting a salarian engineer, krogan soldier, falcon assualt rifle (very good gun), and claymore shotgun along the way), and promoted him to single player. And unbelievably, it fixed my problem. So relieved.~U_K~

alienbanner.jpg

I heard the Journal was bad but I didn't expect it to be this TERRIBLEI should not have to keep looking things up online just to do a simple fetch questUGHalso can someone explain to me how the scanning thing works? Does it only alert Reapers if they're pictured above the system on the map? And do Reapers ever leave (or enter other systems)? I would assume so but I don't think I've seen it happen yet.

Does it only alert Reapers if they're pictured above the system on the map?

Yep.

And do Reapers ever leave (or enter other systems)? I would assume so but I don't think I've seen it happen yet.

Do a mission, they'll be gone from the system map after it.

f9Qcky7.png