Mass Effect Topic

Angel Beat

So the next MP weekend has been announced, called Operation raptor, it focuses on promoting characters. The community goal is to promote 150,000 characters, and the individual goal is to promote 2 characters, completing the individual goal gets you another commendation pack and everyone gets another Victory pack if we meet the community goal.Sadly PS3 players are again excluded, though they said they're working on making future events open to everyone.~ELM~

andromeda_m31_slideshow.jpg

Oh goody, I'll keep that promotion in reserve then.I finally tried out my Drell adept and he's surprisingly fun. Built out of cardboard, though.

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

completing the individual goal gets you another commendation pack

*glances at my 3 unpromoted classes* :DI'll get an actual commendation pack this time! And a few minutes later I'll cry that it wasn't a weapon I'll ever use! Also, I'm experimenting and buying NOTHING but Recruit packs. 4 games worth (60 000) nets you 12 packs, which in essence is a lot of junk but it means my weapons modifications and base weapons (Avenger :cry:) are actually being upgraded to higher/their highest levels. Apparently if you maxed every recruit weapon/moderator/and so on then the game has no choice but to give you Uncommons, then Rares, then Ultra Rares. Technically if that works then you can have massive savings! It'll just take forever! XD

breakdown_signature.jpg

The light becomes the dark...

completing the individual goal gets you another commendation pack

*glances at my 3 unpromoted classes* :biggrin:I'll get an actual commendation pack this time! And a few minutes later I'll cry that it wasn't a weapon I'll ever use!Also, I'm experimenting and buying NOTHING but Recruit packs. 4 games worth (60 000) nets you 12 packs, which in essence is a lot of junk but it means my weapons modifications and base weapons (Avenger :cry:) are actually being upgraded to higher/their highest levels. Apparently if you maxed every recruit weapon/moderator/and so on then the game has no choice but to give you Uncommons, then Rares, then Ultra Rares. Technically if that works then you can have massive savings! It'll just take forever! XD
I've personally done this before and I can tell you it is a lie, after you fully upgrade all your weapons and mods, you'll just keep getting human character cards, even if all your classes are at 20 and you have all the Human customization options.~ELM~

:(I think you may be right, since after I maxed all my base weapons (it was hilarious to get about 5 Mantis upgrades in a row since that was the only one left) I only seem to get Human classes. What's most irritating though is the fact out of these five-items-per-pack 4 of them seem to be equipment, with the last one being a weapon/weaponmod. I haven't gotten any weaponmods in a while, sadly, so I think I'll go back to Spectre packs again. I feel better having maxed base weapons, though (I'm forced to use most of them XD).Matchmaking is still annoying as anything, however, given I searched for Bronze games to credit farm, and it sticks me in a 90% complete Silver game. Completing one objective there netted me as much credits as a full game, yes, but I wanted Bronze darnit! I can't survive in Silver with an underlevelled character! D:

breakdown_signature.jpg

Can't believe nobody's asked this yet. Anyone up for sharing Origin names? We could do a BZPer multiplayer bash one night, maybe.

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

Easiest way to get Characters, anyone?

Spectre Packs, basically. The 'best' characters are gold/rare, and you can still unlock silver/uncommon in that pack. Blue/common characters are, as far as I can tell, all human classes which are already unlocked. Also, IMO Quarian Engineer is the single greatest class in the game... turret-spam and incinerate spam, oh yes please :3And is it just me, or is the 3rd power of a class always terrible? Personally I can never use the "3" key to begin with, but even when I use and max a 3rd ability (for example, Turian Solider's promixity mine) it just seems awfully weak and useless. As far as Engineer's go I've never even put a point in Cyro Blast, not once... and everything else gets maxed out <3As soon as the Raptor mission came up I promoted 3 whole classes so... I'd better get that pack this time D:<

breakdown_signature.jpg

Human Engineers have Overload which is infinitely more useful than Cryo blast.

Can't believe nobody's asked this yet. Anyone up for sharing Origin names? We could do a BZPer multiplayer bash one night, maybe.

sounds cool. I could use some people to co-op with since my only friend with the game is usually busy

Easiest way to get Characters, anyone?

Spectre Packs, basically. The 'best' characters are gold/rare, and you can still unlock silver/uncommon in that pack. Blue/common characters are, as far as I can tell, all human classes which are already unlocked. Also, IMO Quarian Engineer is the single greatest class in the game... turret-spam and incinerate spam, oh yes please :3And is it just me, or is the 3rd power of a class always terrible? Personally I can never use the "3" key to begin with, but even when I use and max a 3rd ability (for example, Turian Solider's promixity mine) it just seems awfully weak and useless. As far as Engineer's go I've never even put a point in Cyro Blast, not once... and everything else gets maxed out <3As soon as the Raptor mission came up I promoted 3 whole classes so... I'd better get that pack this time D:<
Shield Drain and Sabotage for the Salarian and Quarian infiltrators is on the 3 key.Also: My Origin ID is ElementMilk.~ELM~EDIT: Also, does anyone know how to see who you've played with recently? I've heard the feature mentioned a couple times, but I'm not sure how to find it. Edited by Element lord Of Milk.

I'd be down for it. My Origin username is in flux lately due to reasons, so I'll message folks with it when we actually get it going.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

I'd be willing to play a game... if i owned it on the Computer.i only have it for Xbox, so anyone else with it for said platform is welcome to add me for a game of Silver or something - I usually do bronze but prefer silver or even gold when playing with a full house... better coordination...

I've been searchin' for the daughter of the Devil Himself,

​I've been searchin' for an Angel in White,

​I've been lookin for a woman who's a little of both,

​and I can sense her but she's nowhere in sight,
Cause I can't find a banner ;_;

And is it just me, or is the 3rd power of a class always terrible? Personally I can never use the "3" key to begin with, but even when I use and max a 3rd ability (for example, Turian Solider's promixity mine) it just seems awfully weak and useless. As far as Engineer's go I've never even put a point in Cyro Blast, not once... and everything else gets maxed out <3As soon as the Raptor mission came up I promoted 3 whole classes so... I'd better get that pack this time D:<

I never use my Engineer's drone ability. She's too busy throwing out incinerates and overloads as fast as she can
doctor-who-premier.jpg

So I got 3 Spectre packs and the weapon in ALL of them was the only Rare SMG, which I never use. Three chances at the Revenant, and it upgrades the same gun 3 times! Sure I got another Reset Powers card... not that I use them when I can just promote and start anew if I mess up >_<I want my Revenant so bad. Also, I saw someone with the Black Widow ingame and the colouring was all messed up: her Missle Launcher and Black Widow were all bright white and purple (instead of white and blue for the Missle Launcher). It looked really weird @_@

breakdown_signature.jpg

Oh.My.God.The most epic thing happened in MP just now.I was hosting a lobby on Bronze as a Human Vanguard, and the only person who joined the lobby was an Asari Vanguard, they had already readied, so i was like "Okay, we'll probably die horribly, but it's worth a shot" and guess what i noticed they were using when we got into the match?(Firebase Giant VS Geth)A Widow and a Graal Spike thrower.I mentioned it once or twice over mic around the middle of the match, but they didn't respond. Then comes wave 7, they go down so i run over and kill everything in the area and then revive them, shortly after they dissapear, leaving me to clean up wave 7 by myself, at this point I wasn't expecting to last until wave 10, waves 8 and 9 went surprisingly well, then I get to wave 10, a hacking mission, at that point I had pretty much accepted my fate, but I managed to do it, I ended up using two medi-Gel, but I did it, after the hack completed I ran to the other side of the map to take the rest of the enemies on my own terms. "Surely i won't live to be extracted" i thought. But I Managed to get extracted, I could barely see what was going on for all my charging, novaing, and geth pyros, but I barely managed it.Proudest moment ever.~ELM~

...Why would you have ANY rifle that heavy on a class that isn't Soldier? Or a Graal on a Vanguard?Much less BOTH on a Vanguard?

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

...Why would you have ANY rifle that heavy on a class that isn't Soldier? Or a Graal on a Vanguard?Much less BOTH on a Vanguard?

Two words: Krogan sentinel. Incinerate isn't that useful on it's own, especially on higher difficulties. Tech armor should always be on a Krogan, since there is no downside (unless you put points into incinerate), and his other power is lift grenades which has no cooldown. So heavy weapons have no effect on this class. My Krogan Sentinel has the claymore III and the saber that I just unlocked last game, and I just dominate.And Element Lord, normally I'd be impressed, but as a player who frequently plays gold, bronze is pathetically easy for me now.~U_K~

alienbanner.jpg

Two words: Krogan sentinel. Incinerate isn't that useful on it's own, especially on higher difficulties. Tech armor should always be on a Krogan, since there is no downside (unless you put points into incinerate), and his other power is lift grenades which has no cooldown. So heavy weapons have no effect on this class. My Krogan Sentinel has the claymore III and the saber that I just unlocked last game, and I just dominate.And Element Lord, normally I'd be impressed, but as a player who frequently plays gold, bronze is pathetically easy for me now.~U_K~
Haha, yeah, it's pretty easy even compared to Silver(Which i was mostly playing prior to promoting everyone, right now i'm mostly doing bronze until most of my characters are higher level). I second the Krogan sentinel thing, i personally use a Falcon and a Graal, i tried the Claymore, but I didn't like it all that much, a bit too punishing for misses for my tastes.I've been having a great time with my human vanguard, I'm liking the Scimitar X, +150% recharge plus a great weapon, and the spare ammo capacity for Shotguns is helpful too.I tried using the Hornet SMG earlier(It's what I was using in that Bronze game), it was pretty good, but only slightly lighter than my Scimitar(I have a Hornet III), and i think I'd prefer a Shotgun in most situations(although it did make mincemeat out of geth Pyros).~ELM~ Edited by Element lord Of Milk.

I unlocked Krogan the other day and tried it out.The lack of dodging and moving between cover is a deal breaker.

But, on the other hand, melee as a more-than-viable game plan is worth it from when I had a krogan soldier.

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

I unlocked Krogan the other day and tried it out.The lack of dodging and moving between cover is a deal breaker.

That's why you spec the sentinel to have maximum shields. On gold, my level 20 Krogan sentinel could withstand like 4-5 melees from cerberus troopers before his shields even went down. In Rage mode, he has about 2100 shields.~U_K~

alienbanner.jpg

So I just finished the single player last night.... What just happened?

Nobody knows? :P

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

So I just finished the single player last night.... What just happened?

You screwed over the galaxy and got an explosion of a certain color.Depending on which choice you made, you get a different color.

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

Must've done something right with my single player Sentinel Shep.With only the three bottom guns loaded, I have no power recharge penalty.

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

I might be able to do multiplayer this weekend... we're going to be spending Easter with my Grandma because our house is going to be without water. I think packing up my xbox and taking it along is a good idea. I just need to see if I have a free trial of Live to redeem somewhere....

bzprovince_zps0d5d507a.png

If you win, you live. If you lose, you die. If you don’t fight, you can’t win!

So i got a Hurricane I out of my Commendation pack. At least it's not a Valiant II, i was hoping for the Crusader, but oh well.And I got SMG Ultralight Materials II(Useless until they fix it), Turian Soldier(Which i already maxed, but XP is cool I guess), a Krogan sentinel(More Customization options are cool, but I would've preferred a Krogan Soldier, which is the last Character I need to unlock), and a Carnifex IV(which is cool I guess, since I use it on my Adepts a lot, but I would've preferred a new gun, like a Revenant or something)out of the premium Specter pack i bought earlier.I think i'll stick to regular Specter packs, these ones don't seem to be worth the money.~ELM~

So Slam is awesome now. It was pretty worthless in ME2 but I'm using it as my bonus power on my Engineer femShep and she is rockin' it hard. Also the Valiant sniper rifle is amazing and I love it. Unfortunately in the Commendation pack or whatever it's called I got the N7 heavy pistol, which is really more like a sucky SMG.=/

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

So Slam is awesome now. It was pretty worthless in ME2 but I'm using it as my bonus power on my Engineer femShep and she is rockin' it hard. Also the Valiant sniper rifle is amazing and I love it. Unfortunately in the Commendation pack or whatever it's called I got the N7 heavy pistol, which is really more like a sucky SMG.=/

Yeah I agree.

Hey guys, I was wondering: which one is better DLC, Arrival or From Ashes. I know Arrival sort of bridges the gap between the two games, and that would be cool, but are the missions etc. worth it or not? What about From Ashes?I'm leaning towards Arrival, but I'd just like to know what you guys think. :)Plus, Arrival is cheaper. :P

Yeah these "Premium" Spectre packs seem to be a waste of credits... it takes even longer to be able to afford one, and of the three so far I've been completely cheated of any new unlocks. Oh, except 1 pistol. Woop-dee-doo. I am literally just getting upgrades to poor weapons I already don't use... and then getting another upgrade to the same weapon in the next pack.The sad thing is I still don't have a Phaeston or a Revenant, meaning all my builds have the Avenger (aka starting weapon) as the best option. Lame.I can at least survive Silver games now with competent allies, but the system is realy struggling to find games for me it's just searching forever...

Edited by Transairion

breakdown_signature.jpg

Hey guys, I was wondering: which one is better DLC, Arrival or From Ashes. I know Arrival sort of bridges the gap between the two games, and that would be cool, but are the missions etc. worth it or not? What about From Ashes?I'm leaning towards Arrival, but I'd just like to know what you guys think. :)Plus, Arrival is cheaper. :P

Arrival is pretty essential, but I didn't like it a lot. :PFrom Ashes has some pretty great stuff about the Protheans (and a new squadmate).In other news, I decided to unlock the chakram launcher in the Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning demo.That gun is pretty rad.

f9Qcky7.png

Haven't played Arrival(Though I might be buying it and some other ME2 DLC soonish)but From Ashes is great, insight into the Protheans, a sweet new weapon, and a great Character.~ELM~

Well, it looks like we're getting some free ending DLC this summer. "

Through additional cinematic sequences and epilogue scenes, the

Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut

will give fans seeking further clarity to the ending of

Mass Effect 3

deeper insights into how their personal journey concludes."

~U_K~

alienbanner.jpg