Mass Effect Topic

Angel Beat

Hey guys, I was wondering: which one is better DLC, Arrival or From Ashes. I know Arrival sort of bridges the gap between the two games, and that would be cool, but are the missions etc. worth it or not? What about From Ashes?I'm leaning towards Arrival, but I'd just like to know what you guys think. :)Plus, Arrival is cheaper. :P

I'd say From Ashes for sure. Arrival's sort of a neat mission, but it's almost entirely combat-focused. It also changes very little in ME3. From Ashes' mission is a little shorter and not as cool, but the squadmate you get from it is excellent, and he's got some really neat scenes in ME3.As for this "extended cut" thing... I guess we'll see what it is. The way they describe it suggests it's not going to do much to fix the tonal or pacing issues of the ending, but hopefully it can improve at least somewhat. And hey, it's free.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

I'd definitely reccommend "From Ashes" over "Arrival", if only because Javik is an awesome squad member. Plus, the particle rifle you get is a beast with the right upgrades.

Hey guys, I was wondering: which one is better DLC, Arrival or From Ashes.

From Ashes gives you a depressing albeit interesting squadmate that unlocks the BEST mental breakdown from Liara if

he accompanies you on Thessia

.However, Arrival is crucial for making the beginning of ME3 make ANY sense as to why Shepard is in custody.Your call, I guess.

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

I really, really hope they do something to make Starkid not exist.I'll reserve full judgement until it actually comes out, I'm very, very cautiously optimistic right now.

It will only be new cinematics to better clarify things, the ending itself won't change.

Well, with any luck, we'll at least wind up with something as responsive as the fan-made epilogue creator that's floating around. (I'd link it, but it's got a link to forums on it.)

Edited by GSR

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

So I tried Gold for the first time earlier, Hosting as a Vanguard, on Firebase White against Geth. It went surprisingly well, we stuck together, and I was careful to stay back more and cover my teammates as opposed to charging and novaing everywhere like I do in Bronze and silver. We died midway through wave 10 though, but at least we got credits comparable to a full silver match.~ELM~

andromeda_m31_slideshow.jpg

The Particle rifle is incredibly broken in your favour and it shoot laser beams! What more do you want!?

Damage.
I've found that sticking a spare thermal clip modification and a barrel extension on the particle rifle works very well. From what I can tell, the beam goes into its "overdrive" mode after expending 50 energy, regardless of how high your ammo counter is. So more "ammo" (considering you don't need to pick up thermal clips for it) = more damage over a longer period of time. And the barrel extension is fairly self-explanitory.If you want it to do piercing damage, you can forsake the barrel extension for a piercing modification or take the Armor Piercing Ammo power. Edited by Promised Land

Bioware devs have said that the Reason commendation packs aren't being released right now is because there was a bug that some people exploited allowing them to get two or more packs. They've also said that the packs will be re-released within the week and will have a week of time before they expire.

I've been searchin' for the daughter of the Devil Himself,

​I've been searchin' for an Angel in White,

​I've been lookin for a woman who's a little of both,

​and I can sense her but she's nowhere in sight,
Cause I can't find a banner ;_;

So, they're adding FREE multiplayer DLC, the Resurgence Pack, which adds new characters and maps. This includes Batarian Soldiers and Sentinels, Geth infiltrators and engineers, asari Justicar Adepts, and, my personal favorite, KROGAN VANGUARDS.New maps include Hydra, on some icy water world, and Condor, on Menae it seems. New guns have a harpoon sniper rifle, a new assault rifle, and the Geth Plasma SMG, which looks like a stubby handheld version of their shotgun.Trailer's out now, if anyone wants to see for themselves.

Edited by Xaeraz. Plain and Simple.

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

Just saw. Geth Infilitrator and Krogan Vanguard? Please sir may I have another. New maps are good too.

Edited by GSR

Looks like Bioware is poised to win back the crowd.We'll see if it works.

I'll be honest, the krogan vanguard alone is enough to get me excited. I always felt they got snubbed by not having that as one of their default classes.

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

Looks like Bioware is poised to win back the crowd.We'll see if it works.

I'll be honest, the krogan vanguard alone is enough to get me excited. I always felt they got snubbed by not having that as one of their default classes.
I'm pyshced that the Geth Battlemaster armor is back. That was some of my favorite kit in the original Mass Effect. That a Krogan Vanguard is [oh no!] wrapped inside is just gravey. Edited by Makaru
word filter bypass removed
doctor-who-premier.jpg

So, I've been relentlessly blazing through Mass Effect 2, in an effort to finally start playing 3 and I've just finished Project Overlord. Holy Karzahni, I didn't expect that to move me. The vehicle sections were relatively boring, but right at the end when I was deciding David's fate I genuinely found that a difficult decision. In the end I chose to leave him, but I'm left deciding whether that was a truly just decision or not.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

So I completed a gold game for the first time yesterday, on Firebase Ghost VS Cerberus, as a Salarian infiltrator, it was glorious, I mostly focused on bigger targets like Atlases, but I got my fair share of Guardian and Phantom kills too, and my team didn't go down very often, I know we had a Good Human Vanguard, and I think an asari Adept(Which was the reason I got most of my phantom kills).Also: Salarian infil is my new favorite class.and MY GOD THOSE NEW CHARACTERS LOOK AMAZING, I'm calling it now: the Krogan Vanguard will be a Nuclear Bomb on legs.Man, that Harpoon gun looks so awesome. and MY GOD IS THE BATARIAN'S MELEE COOL, HE HITS THINGS WITH HIS WHOLE GUN.And I'm happy there's an Asari with some proper armor now.~ELM~

Edited by Element lord Of Milk.

I've found that sticking a spare thermal clip modification and a barrel extension on the particle rifle works very well. From what I can tell, the beam goes into its "overdrive" mode after expending 50 energy, regardless of how high your ammo counter is. So more "ammo" (considering you don't need to pick up thermal clips for it) = more damage over a longer period of time. And the barrel extension is fairly self-explanitory.

Except I shouldn't have to WAIT AROUND EXPOSED in order to be effective. I don't want to stand around for several seconds waiting for my gun to warm up while I get shot at when I could pop out of cover every few seconds and do more damage in each burst of fire than I would with several seconds of continuous fire with the beam rifle. The "charge" time just doesn't fit into a fast-paced cover-based shooter like ME3.As for modding, the damage boost can be applied to any gun. Why should I moderator a bad gun to make it OK, when I could moderator a good gun to make it great?With the huge selection of weaponry there's really no reason to use the beam rifle. There are many better alternatives.

So, I've been relentlessly blazing through Mass Effect 2, in an effort to finally start playing 3 and I've just finished Project Overlord. Holy Karzahni, I didn't expect that to move me. The vehicle sections were relatively boring, but right at the end when I was deciding David's fate I genuinely found that a difficult decision. In the end I chose to leave him, but I'm left deciding whether that was a truly just decision or not.

Why.WHY.WHY WOULD YOU LEAVE DAVID WITH ARCHER.THAT IS A TERRIBLE CHOICE AND ONE OF THE FEW I FEEL STRONGLY ENOUGH TO YELL ON THE INTERNET ABOUT.

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

Why.WHY.WHY WOULD YOU LEAVE DAVID WITH ARCHER.THAT IS A TERRIBLE CHOICE AND ONE OF THE FEW I FEEL STRONGLY ENOUGH TO YELL ON THE INTERNET ABOUT.
I...I DON'T KNOW! I HAD A CHOICE, I WAS SO MOVED, I DIDN'T KNOW WHICH ONE TO GO FOR.Archer just convinced me with the possibility of saving so many lives. The needs of the many outweight the needs of the few, as a great man once said. It may be cruel to David, but just think how much of a kindness it is to those millions of soldiers who get to live another day, should Archer find a way to control the Geth!

LzcD9OS.png

I...I DON'T KNOW! I HAD A CHOICE, I WAS SO MOVED, I DIDN'T KNOW WHICH ONE TO GO FOR.Archer just convinced me with the possibility of saving so many lives. The needs of the many outweight the needs of the few, as a great man once said. It may be cruel to David, but just think how much of a kindness it is to those millions of soldiers who get to live another day, should Archer find a way to control the Geth!
Sometimes the ends do not justify the means. And the means of Overlord, I found inexcusable.

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

Sometimes the ends do not justify the means. And the means of Overlord, I found inexcusable.
But things aren't too terrible as a result of leaving David. I just read through Shepard's private terminal and noticed I had received a message from the Illusive Man stating that David is getting treatment from Cerberus's best medical teams. What he was put through will be researched a lot more thoroughly and it can be assumed Archer will now remain under surveillance. Things might just turn around for the better for David.

LzcD9OS.png

But things aren't too terrible as a result of leaving David. I just read through Shepard's private terminal and noticed I had received a message from the Illusive Man stating that David is getting treatment from Cerberus's best medical teams. What he was put through will be researched a lot more thoroughly and it can be assumed Archer will now remain under surveillance. Things might just turn around for the better for David.
I never got that feeling at all. I always thought leaving David there any longer was just asking for more pain for him. To each their own.

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

The consequences of Overlord can return in ME3.If you choose to save David in Overlord,

you'll find him at the Grissom Academy, where Jack's a teacher. He'll thank you and open a door with extra loot (including a Mattock rifle, iirc).When you're going to the lab on another world where you meet Jacob, you'll see Archer again. If you tell him where David is, I'm not sure what will happen. :P But if you tell him that you don't know where David is, Archer will be so very overcome with guilt and shame, he commits suicide.My Shep didn't reveal David's location.

Edited by Valenti

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

The consequences of Overlord can return in ME3.If you choose to save David in Overlord,

you'll find him at the Grissom Academy, where Jack's a teacher. He'll thank you and open a door with extra loot (including a Mattock rifle, iirc).When you're going to the lab on another world where you meet Jacob, you'll see Archer again. If you tell him where David is, I'm not sure what will happen. :P But if you tell him that you don't know where David is, Archer will be so very overcome with guilt and shame, he commits suicide.My Shep didn't reveal David's location.

In addition to that, I know what happens if you let Cerberus keep David.

If you do tell Archer where David is, he'll thank you and Archer will become war assets.And if you let Cerberus keep David in Overlord, in ME3, David is dead. Archer is sad, but will give you a bit more war assets because of some research he continued doing with David.

~U_K~

alienbanner.jpg

So i just unlocked the Geth Pulse rifle from a specter pack.New favorite assault rifle.i just played a match as my human Engy with it, it was great, this thing has so much ammo, and with a maxed out clip upgrade it has a clip of 144 rounds. seriously, that's insane. It's also really light, I have a +140% recharge rate with just it, +120% with a Shuriken X, I think i'll drop the shuriken, since I never ran out of ammo for the rifle and i'd like that extra 20% recharge rate.I was looking for a good assault rifle for my engy, i'm glad I got it. ~ELM~

I havn't actually played recently but, to my anger, a friend of mine earned the Sabre Assault Rifle on his first Spectre Pack.You have no idea how how annoyed it makes me that my favourite AR is in someone else's hands.

Edited by Lord Kini Hawkeye

I havn't actually played recently but, to my anger, a friend of mine earned the Sabre Assault Rifle on his first Spectre Pack.You have no idea how how annoyed it makes me that my favourite AR is in someone else's hands.

I feel the exact same way whenever I see a Revenant at all. Which packs do I need to buy to get one?

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

Anyone want to give me a rundown of what to expect for multiplayer? I'm going to be playing a majority of the day Sunday, and I may even end up playing tomorrow evening. I looked into the upcoming release, which is a letdown since it is the 10th and I won't be playing then...

bzprovince_zps0d5d507a.png

If you win, you live. If you lose, you die. If you don’t fight, you can’t win!

Did they change it? Last i saw it was labeled under "N7," Which to my knowledge meant it had a chance of being given out in any pack.

I did that at first, but since my Shep had sort of caused the suicide of someone close to him already, I shouted "NOT AGAIN!" and reloaded the conversation. I don't care for the guy at all, but I'd like to keep my unintentional bodycount to a minimum after that incident, thank you.

Leaving him with CERBERUS. This is not a beneficial outcome. You are giving CERBERUS the ability to control GETH by torturing some poor disabled bloke. The Illusive Man doesn't care about that guy, as long as he can get the Geth, he's probably upping the voltage!I'm all for needs of the many, but OMG why!?
doctor-who-premier.jpg

It may be cruel to David, but just think how much of a kindness it is to those millions of soldiers who get to live another day, should Archer find a way to control the Geth!

But geth are people, too. ;_;So I wasn't expecting the new mutliplayer characters to introduce new powers to the game, but it looks like there are a few new ones in there. I'm eager to learn what powers the new classes have.

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.