Mass Effect Topic

Angel Beat

Wait, you guys still can't import faces? Because I'm pretty sure that issue got patched (I imported my last Shepard's face just fine).

Shepards whose faces were created in ME2 can be imported just fine, but Shepards who've had their faces carry forward from ME1 must be rebuilt. Edited by GSR

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Mmm... Cold floor...Best. Quote. Ever.By the way, finished up the quarian storyline.

Got the best scenario, peace between the quarians and geth. Too bad Legion died, tho. =<And that Reaper part? Totally epic once I got the hang of it.

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

So there's a rumor going around that the next ME3 DLC will be titled

"The Truth" and not onlyadds races and classes to multiplayer but will also either fix or add on to the ending of the game.

So there's a rumor going around that the next ME3 DLC will be titled

"The Truth" and not onlyadds races and classes to multiplayer but will also either fix or add on to the ending of the game.

Eugh.

As much as I dislike how Bioware handles their DLC, I'll probably try and get it somehow. Especially if it finally gives us Krogan Vanguards and Turian Infiltrators.

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

Well, regarding the multiplayer portion of that supposed DLC, apparently somebody found this:e3fol.pngI can't express how much I want this DLC to be real. And also, the same user that posted that apparently posted this as well, but I have no idea if it's true, but I still very much want it to be:END GAME SPOILERS

[the DLC] is called “The Truth”, and will be released in April or May… You will be able to continue your story if you picked any of the endings. Your decision during the sequence will have a big effect on the ending of The Truth. Also, The Truth adds two new sets of enemies, new classes, and multiplayer maps, including “Firebase Hive”, which is a small area of the last remaining Collector Ship included in the DLC, which, by the way, you should definitely bring Javik the Prothean along if you have him.The following picture shows some of the leaked multiplayer classes and races. One race that isn’t shown is the Prothean Adept and Vanguard. This DLC also, enables the ability for owners of the preorder and From Ashes DLC to find their DLC weapons in reinforcement packs.All of that content, and this might as well be labelled an expansion.And it’s Free!

The part that makes me doubt this the most is that they say there's a prothean vanguard and adept that will be avaliable in multiplayer, and that all that will be free.Still want it to happen though.~U_K~

alienbanner.jpg

I'm getting ready for the end I guess.My next mission will be to

hit the Cerberus headquarters to finally deal with Kai Leng and the Illusive Man.

Tomorrow, that is. :P

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

About the ending...

In the beginning I really didn't have a problem with it because I was so overwhelmed that it was, well, the ending. :P Then the holes starting showing, but the indoctrination theory really made sense to me. If there's no DLC after this, then for me that's the one I'm gonna go with.One thing I don't get, though, is that the indoctrination theory doesn't really explain the last scene with the old guy and the kid. One explanation is that no matter what, you end up getting rid of the reapers. This would mean that the whole chunk between you waking up and the scene with the guy is missing, and would most likely be released as DLC or something. And, depending on whether it's free or not, would either be brilliant or kind of an... unfortunate move on behalf of Bioware.

So i just got both Turians from Veteran packs earlier.AWWWWWWWWWWWWW YEEEEEEEEEEEAH.I'm using the soldier more than the sentinel though, with a Loadout of Mantis VII and Shuriken X(With ultralight materials I). Concussive shot spam is best spam.Today I've been buying 3 Veteran packs every time I get 60K credits, and it's been working out MUCH better than just buying Spectre packs, I got the aforementioned Turians, plus the ultralight materials and various upgrades to weapons(Most of which I never use unfortunately).~ELM~

andromeda_m31_slideshow.jpg

I just made it to the Quarian parts... but schoolwork ruled my day today... and probably the next few days too. Mass Effect is on hold for now.I'm sort of upset that I cannot access multiplayer without being connected to the internet though. Games like Halo have the option to at least play or mess with those types of things before going online... I have no access to the internet speed and data requirements so I probably will not see multiplayer anytime ever. :(

bzprovince_zps0d5d507a.png

If you win, you live. If you lose, you die. If you don’t fight, you can’t win!

I just made it to the Quarian parts... but schoolwork ruled my day today... and probably the next few days too. Mass Effect is on hold for now.I'm sort of upset that I cannot access multiplayer without being connected to the internet though. Games like Halo have the option to at least play or mess with those types of things before going online... I have no access to the internet speed and data requirements so I probably will not see multiplayer anytime ever. :(

You do get sidequests occasionally that have you go to the MP maps in SP.~ELM~

Ending:

So I finished it all. I chose the Control ending because I figured Shepard would put it to good use.I was sad to see my Shepard dissolving slowly as she died to save the galaxy, including the Reapers.I am moved.I really like how it ended.

f9Qcky7.png

So apparently Bioware is having an event for the multiplayer from today until the 18th, if you beat Reapers on Silver, you get a special pack that has one of the CE N7 weapons in it. And if the community as a whole kills 1,000,000 Brutes during the event, everyone gets a special pack(Different from the other one).Exciting!~ELM~

So apparently Bioware is having an event for the multiplayer from today until the 18th, if you beat Reapers on Silver, you get a special pack that has one of the CE N7 weapons in it. And if the community as a whole kills 1,000,000 Brutes during the event, everyone gets a special pack(Different from the other one).Exciting!~ELM~

To clarify, the reward is one of the N7 Collector's Edition weapons, the Valiant, Crusader, Eagle, or Hurricane. No Valkyries available. Only chance we'll have to get them in multiplayer, and you can only get the pack once.E: Whoops, didn't see you specify CE in there, so I just doublesaid that. Twice the emphasis, then. Edited by Xaeraz. Plain and Simple.

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

You do get sidequests occasionally that have you go to the MP maps in SP.~ELM~
I noticed that when I was playing. The N7 Missions stood out a bit to me and I realized the layouts of the sidequests were more like a multiplayer field.

Is it just me or does ME3 feel like it has less content than the previous 2? I've sunk plenty of time into it, but it's been mostly scanning planets and running around doing fetchquests. It's really disappointing considering how much FUN the combat is.

So far I have felt that the missions or battles have been a bit shorter and less... lengthy than previous installments. It is fun but not as filling.

Yeah, did a lot of scanning. Think I spent some 45 hours total on my first playthrough?Going to totally screw up my next one though. :3

f9Qcky7.png

Starting on what I'm guessing is the final stretch of the game now.

I managed to get the Geth and the Quarians to cooperate, though if I hadn't been able to I was ready to side with the Geth. Tali, you're nice and all, but your people need to learn to drop a grudge. Apparently she doesn't take it well if you do.In any event, Legion will be mourned. Definitely a Big Boss salute moment.Then there was Thessia, which was an excellent mission to brink Javik on. Poor Liara got a brand-new history lesson.

Edited by GSR

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

I only got ME3 today, and since this multiplayer event is pratically over already, should I try and do this "beat the Reapers on Silver" before I even try the normal game? Of course the first few minutes of gameplay might be a bit... funky as I learn the changes from ME2 -> ME3, but if I don't won't I miss out? D:

breakdown_signature.jpg

The light becomes the dark...

My Sheperd has had the worst day. (Citadel)

First he has to save the Citadel from Cerberus, almost shooting Ash, then Thane dies, then he hears Kelly killed herself because of guilt he worsened in his anger, and then he learns he missed out on two missions because of bad timing and a bug! It was the mission with Kasumi too.

Edited by Trypanophobia
doctor-who-premier.jpg

Snagged an Asari Vanguard out of a veteran pack today. New favorite class for multiplayer. I've killed so many Ceberus troops by just throwing a Lift 'nade into the smoke. She's already level 16, so I may have my first promotion very soon.

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

I only got ME3 today, and since this multiplayer event is pratically over already, should I try and do this "beat the Reapers on Silver" before I even try the normal game? Of course the first few minutes of gameplay might be a bit... funky as I learn the changes from ME2 -> ME3, but if I don't won't I miss out? D:

The event runs all weekend. Might as well give yourself some time to try out the singleplayer.

Finished. I... actually didn't mind the ending, really.

My biggest objection to it - and I'm guessing this is the objection a lot of people had - is that everything really boils down to that one choice at the end. ME3 could have had an ending where you see the results of three games of choices shape a new galaxy, but instead we got the beginnings of that pushed into the main story and the ending even suggests that those choices are a pretty moot point, since the relays went boom. That said, I didn't mind the ending's content itself that much. I opted for "synthesis", since my Shepard's playthrough had a lot of interaction and discussion about the topic of organic vs. synthetic, and it seemed like the best option for peace. I never really expected Shepard to make it out alive of ME3, and this was a good death for him. Apparently it hints at Shepard surviving in one of the other endings, but I'll save that for my Renegade playthrough.

So I picked up ME3 for my laptop so I can play on the go (for like 15 minutes before the battery dies, but whatever). Turns out I can't scan planets now because you need to press the right click and left click at the same time, which is unpossible with my laptop. >__<EDIT: Phew. Figured it out. Off to more planet scanning!

Edited by Banshee

So I had a bit of an epic moment on MP just now.I was playing a Turian Soldier on Firebase dagger VS Silver Reapers, half the team was dead, it was just me and a Turian Sentinel up against Brutes, Banshees, and ravagers. It was on wave 10, and it was the mission where you have to activate four devices around the map, I was running to the devices while the sentinel kept everything distracted, everything went well until the fourth device, about midway through activating it, I saw a Brute come around the corner and TWO Banshees jumping their way towards me, I was cornered quite literally, they got to me just as I finished activating the device, and I faced my demise at the hands of a Banshee proudly, having died a Hero's death.Unfortunately the Banshees caught up with the sentinel and OHKOed him shortly afterwards.~ELM~

So I beat ME3 for the first time.

I Assumed Direct Control of the situation, because I can justify it as Shepard becoming the reapers and blah blah blah I headcanon'd around the endings, p much.

That having been said, I was less disappointed in the endings than I thought I would be.

Edited by Xaeraz. Plain and Simple.

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

I really dislike Shepard's running animation, especially on the Citadel and on the Normandy. :P

f9Qcky7.png

So with an awesome team I was able to beat Reapers on Silver...... but because I only did it a few hours ago, I believe I may have missed the deadline anyway so won't get the bonus. :(I also blew all my credits on Spectre packs in a mad attempt to get the Quarian Engineer (the only one with the Sentry Turret), and I succeeded on the very last one I tried tonight. Sadly as soon as I tried to use her in a game, it couldn't find any. On my first/second Spectre pack I found an N7 weapon (I guess that's "Ultra Rare" classed?), the Scorpion. While fun to use it's highly, highly impratical for anything other than screwing around with XD

breakdown_signature.jpg

The light becomes the dark...

Isn't the Scorpion the Salarian sticky 'nade pistol? The N7 pistol's the Eagle.

In multiplayer, there's common items (blue), uncommon items (silver), rare items (gold), and ultra rare items (black with an N7 "rating"). The scorpion is a black item, along with these weapons as well:
  • [*]Black Widow[*]M-358 Talon[*]M-99 Saber[*]M-77 Paladin[*]M-11 Wraith[*]Javelin

Anyway, I changed my avatar and banner because I can.~U_K~

alienbanner.jpg

Well that's dumb. Can't even say I much approve of the weapons chosen for that rating, since they're mostly not great.Excluding the Javelin and Black Widow, of course. Sexy, sexy guns.

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun