Mass Effect Topic

Angel Beat

Anyway, I changed my avatar and banner because I can.~U_K~

Legion and Friends is the best you guys.I beat the game, chose the green ending, was mildly disappointed and extremely confused. Here's hoping rumors are true there's a free DLC in the works that will clear things up, because SO MANY PLOT HOLES.On the plus side, in multiplayer I've unlocked Salarian and Quarian Engineers and an Asari adept, and I've only bought three traditional packs so one in each (I bought an equipment pack).

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

And as the Mass Effect 3 credits roll, 2k Games laughs maniacally as the Big Daddy walks away, blood spinning on its drill, as Bioshock's title of 'Best Video Game Story according to JC' remains safe, nestled away in the bowels of his mind.

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

Isn't the Scorpion the Salarian sticky 'nade pistol? The N7 pistol's the Eagle.

In multiplayer, there's common items (blue), uncommon items (silver), rare items (gold), and ultra rare items (black with an N7 "rating"). The scorpion is a black item, along with these weapons as well:
  • [*]Black Widow[*]M-358 Talon[*]M-99 Saber[*]M-77 Paladin[*]M-11 Wraith[*]Javelin

Anyway, I changed my avatar and banner because I can.~U_K~

That the Geth Shotgun isn't on that list baffles me. Everything in short to mid-range dies when that gun comes out.EDIT: HAHAHAHA! I just bought my first Spectre pack. Guess which gun I got?I will know joy and my enemy will know pain. Edited by Trypanophobia
doctor-who-premier.jpg

Got an eviscerator 3 out of the victory pack. Cool I guess? Out of the commendation pack I got the valiant. I kind of wanted the hurricane since it's an SMG that can deal pretty good damage even if it has awful recoil, but after trying it out, I realize the valiant's a pretty good gun. I hate the viper, but like the valiant. It's my favorite multi-shot gun other than the black widow.Also, in my first premier veteran pack I finally got a Salarian infiltrator. Looks like I know what I'm buyin' from now on.~U_K~

alienbanner.jpg

Blar, my first Premium Veteran got me my third Drell Adept (I don't even USE adept!), a Phaeston, and a sniper rifle piercing moderator.All things I will NEVER use.

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

Anyone watch that trailer remix that was posted by BioWare?That was rather meh. xD

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

Well, guys, I think it might really be happening.From another site that has forums, so I don't know if I can actually mention its name:

Fans who absolutely hate the conclusion of Mass Effect 3 have for two weeks waged a dogged campaign, including a very effective fund raising effort for Child's Play, to convince BioWare and Electronic Arts to change the endings. Today, it appears they may have finally succeeded. Minutes ago, BioWare co-founder Ray Muzyka posted a lengthy statement [...] that goes far beyond the previous, tepid official statement made by Casey Hudson late Friday evening, outright acknowledging the scale of discontent and more importantly, promising to do something about it.“It’s incredibly painful to receive feedback from our core fans that the game’s endings were not up to their expectations,” Muzyka says. “Our first instinct is to defend our work and point to the high ratings offered by critics – but out of respect to our fans, we need to accept the criticism and feedback with humility.” He later continues, “to that end, since the game launched, the team has been poring over everything they can find about reactions to the game – industry press, forums, Facebook, and Twitter, just to name a few.”And the kicker? “Building on their research, Exec Producer Casey Hudson and the team are hard at work on a number of game content initiatives that will help answer the questions, providing more clarity for those seeking further closure to their journey. You’ll hear more on this in April.” Interestingly, April is the release window for the rumored "The Truth" DLC. BioWare did ultimately deny the rumor, but it is very possible that this coincidence suggests there may have been a grain of truth to it.Granted, this statement still hides behind the critical response to the game. This isn’t surprising, as one wouldn’t expect BioWare to say “yes, we agree that we gave you an inferior product”. But it’s telling that the counterpoint to the mention of fan outrage isn’t other fans, but critics. That suggests whatever BioWare is admitting publicly, the majority of the non-professional responses they’ve received have been negative. The devil is in the details of course. We still have no idea what these changes will actually entail. But that this statement is not only BioWare’s first real acknowledgement of the magnitude of fan dissatisfaction, but a promise to do something about it, is reason enough to conclude that Retake Mass Effect has accomplished a significant victory.Here is Ray Muzyka’s statement in full: "To Mass Effect 3 players, from Dr. Ray Muzyka, co-founder of BioWareAs co-founder and GM of BioWare, I’m very proud of the ME3 team; I personally believe Mass Effect 3 is the best work we’ve yet created. So, it’s incredibly painful to receive feedback from our core fans that the game’s endings were not up to their expectations. Our first instinct is to defend our work and point to the high ratings offered by critics – but out of respect to our fans, we need to accept the criticism and feedback with humility.I believe passionately that games are an art form, and that the power of our medium flows from our audience, who are deeply involved in how the story unfolds, and who have the uncontested right to provide constructive criticism. At the same time, I also believe in and support the artistic choices made by the development team. The team and I have been thinking hard about how to best address the comments on ME3’s endings from players, while still maintaining the artistic integrity of the game.Mass Effect 3 concludes a trilogy with so much player control and ownership of the story that it was hard for us to predict the range of emotions players would feel when they finished playing through it. The journey you undertake in Mass Effect provokes an intense range of highly personal emotions in the player; even so, the passionate reaction of some of our most loyal players to the current endings in Mass Effect 3 is something that has genuinely surprised us. This is an issue we care about deeply, and we will respond to it in a fair and timely way. We’re already working hard to do that.To that end, since the game launched, the team has been poring over everything they can find about reactions to the game – industry press, forums, Facebook, and Twitter, just to name a few. The Mass Effect team, like other teams across the BioWare Label within EA, consists of passionate people who work hard for the love of creating experiences that excite and delight our fans. I’m honored to work with them because they have the courage and strength to respond to constructive feedback.Building on their research, Exec Producer Casey Hudson and the team are hard at work on a number of game content initiatives that will help answer the questions, providing more clarity for those seeking further closure to their journey. You’ll hear more on this in April. We’re working hard to maintain the right balance between the artistic integrity of the original story while addressing the fan feedback we’ve received. This is in addition to our existing plan to continue providing new Mass Effect content and new full games, so rest assured that your journey in the Mass Effect universe can, and will, continue.The reaction to the release of Mass Effect 3 has been unprecedented. On one hand, some of our loyal fans are passionately expressing their displeasure about how their game concluded; we care about this feedback, and we’re planning to directly address it. However, most folks appear to agree that the game as a whole is exceptional, with more than 75 critics giving it a perfect review score and a review average in the mid-90s. Net, I’m proud of the team, but we can and must always strive to do better.Some of the criticism that has been delivered in the heat of passion by our most ardent fans, even if founded on valid principles, such as seeking more clarity to questions or looking for more closure, for example – has unfortunately become destructive rather than constructive. We listen and will respond to constructive criticism, but much as we will not tolerate individual attacks on our team members, we will not support or respond to destructive commentary.If you are a Mass Effect fan and have input for the team – we respect your opinion and want to hear it. We’re committed to address your constructive feedback as best we can. In return, I’d ask that you help us do that by supporting what I truly believe is the best game BioWare has yet crafted. I urge you to do your own research: play the game, finish it and tell us what you think. Tell your friends if you feel it’s a good game as a whole. Trust that we are doing our damndest, as always, to address your feedback. As artists, we care about our fans deeply and we appreciate your support.Thank you for your feedback – we are listening.Ray"

Edited by Makaru

Depression; I apparently didn't complete the Silver-challenge in time so didn't get a CE weapon pack :( The 'free' pack at least had stuff I didn't already own.I'm finding these Premium Veteran packs to be pretty poor, after 3 of these things I didn't get a single rare even with it's "boosted rare chance". Back to Spectre packs for me...Also, every full-auto Assault Rifle is "rare" classed... why Bioware why? :cry:

breakdown_signature.jpg

The light becomes the dark...

Spectre packs are your best bet for unlocking characters and the like, but if you want to upgrade your basic/intermediate guns, Veteran and Recruit packs aren't bad.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Thirty-four hours later and I finished my playthrough. I'm okay with how things ended. A little curious why I didn't get the achievement for delivering most of the galaxies forces to the final battle... Probably because my Salarian support was only a ninety from curing the genophage...?

bzprovince_zps0d5d507a.png

If you win, you live. If you lose, you die. If you don’t fight, you can’t win!

Thirty-four hours later and I finished my playthrough. I'm okay with how things ended. A little curious why I didn't get the achievement for delivering most of the galaxies forces to the final battle... Probably because my Salarian support was only a ninety from curing the genophage...?

You can do the achievement without the Salarians. What was your readiness percentage?

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

You can do the achievement without the Salarians. What was your readiness percentage?
Hm. Only 50%.

Hm. Only 50%.
That's probably it, then. I got mine up to something like 91% before I began the final missions.

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

Hm. Only 50%.
That's probably it, then. I got mine up to something like 91% before I began the final missions.

Hm. Only 50%.
That's the thing though... I pretty much did all the side quest and things before ever moving on to priority missions. Maybe I missed a few or something else critical... I'm a bit baffled by it. I can always get it on my second playthrough with a female shepard.

W hat a load of crock... Some people can't play multiplayer and they built in a function that counts online gameplay into the story? That makes no sense.I really want to try out multiplayer but now...?

I will eventually play it but I don't have the internet for it, or to connect an iOS device to the war assets... Sort of stinks...And vanguard is the role I play in game, figured it'd carry over.

(vanguard is the best class no exceptions)

HA!My Salarian infiltrator laughs at you!But in all seriousness, I play on gold fairly regularly now, and find the best class/race combos are Salarian infiltrator, Drell adept, Asari adept, and Quarian infiltrator for Geth. My favorite is the Salarian, with the Drell in second place. Reave is one of my favorite biotic powers.~U_K~

alienbanner.jpg

By the time I get high-speed internet out in the backwoods, the main hype of Mass Effect multiplayer will die down and I'll be a complete newbie at it.

So I'm doing my new game plus now, and I have to say that I love what Bioware did with the pointless sidethings: IE, Dillinaga's Writings and the Prejek Paddlefish.

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

So I got 5 Medi-gel(Always useful, and I've been running low lately), a Medi-gel capacity upgrade(Bringing me up to 4), and a Salarian Infiltrator(Which I haven't used yet, but he looks cool), from one Spectre pack.I think I like them again.Although I'm disappointed that I STILL haven't gotten a Krogan yet.~ELM~

Edited by Element lord Of Milk.
andromeda_m31_slideshow.jpg

So I got 5 Medi-gel(Always useful, and I've been running low lately), a Medi-gel capacity upgrade(Bringing me up to 4), and a Salarian Infiltrator(Which I haven't used yet, but he looks cool), from one Spectre pack.I think I like them again.Although I'm disappointed that I STILL haven't gotten a Krogan yet.~ELM~

I just got both Adepts and an upgraded Scimitar from a Premium Veteran pack. Maybe Bioware is sweetening us with generosity while they make a patch and an ending.

So I'm doing my new game plus now, and I have to say that I love what Bioware did with the pointless sidethings: IE, Dillinaga's Writings and the Prejek Paddlefish.

Wow, that is a rediculous extreme to go for a 10% weapon bonus, even for Bioware.I agree. The Prothean Data Discs got me psyched.
doctor-who-premier.jpg

So, I just finished this game a few days ago.

Like a few people here, I actually really liked the ending. Yes, it had a lot of plotholes, but I liked the feeling of desperation and the grandness of it all, heightened by Shepard only being able to lumber along in his final moments. However, I really dislike that there isn't that much of a difference between the endings, in terms of variation and player rewards. I played as a Paragon MaleShep and now have switched to a Renegade FemShep for a second playthrough, but it does sort of lessen the impact in that no matter what choice I make, I basically get the same ending at the end.The Indoctrination Theory does make a lot more sense, especially with those trees from the dream appearing behind Shepard after the laser hits him. The plotholes all seem to fit this.What I don't get is why the Normandy was running away from the exploding Mass Relay at the end. Disbarring the fact that I doubt that Joker would just turn tail and run, it turns out that the love interest (Ashley, for me) comes out on the planet with him at the end. Even though I saw her "dead" body battered and bloodied right before me when I went into the beam. Even if she wasn't dead, it seems kind of unlikely that Joker would stop, go down to Earth for her, and then go off into God knows where. Heck, where was he even hoping to go? Most of the world's fleet is centered around Earth anyways when the relays get destroyed. Going anywhere else seems kind of pointless.

So, I just finished this game a few days ago.

Like a few people here, I actually really liked the ending. Yes, it had a lot of plotholes, but I liked the feeling of desperation and the grandness of it all, heightened by Shepard only being able to lumber along in his final moments. However, I really dislike that there isn't that much of a difference between the endings, in terms of variation and player rewards. I played as a Paragon MaleShep and now have switched to a Renegade FemShep for a second playthrough, but it does sort of lessen the impact in that no matter what choice I make, I basically get the same ending at the end.The Indoctrination Theory does make a lot more sense, especially with those trees from the dream appearing behind Shepard after the laser hits him. The plotholes all seem to fit this.What I don't get is why the Normandy was running away from the exploding Mass Relay at the end. Disbarring the fact that I doubt that Joker would just turn tail and run, it turns out that the love interest (Ashley, for me) comes out on the planet with him at the end. Even though I saw her "dead" body battered and bloodied right before me when I went into the beam. Even if she wasn't dead, it seems kind of unlikely that Joker would stop, go down to Earth for her, and then go off into God knows where. Heck, where was he even hoping to go? Most of the world's fleet is centered around Earth anyways when the relays get destroyed. Going anywhere else seems kind of pointless.

<p><br></p><p>Ashely was also my love interest, but the only person I saw was that other Colonel(?) guy. Ashley and Edi were with me for that end part. It didn't make sense to me either, but they did sound a retreat? That really doesn't make much sense either. Your comrades wouldn't just leave you, especially if one cared about you so much. Somehow I just figured they got back to the Normandy. In my case it made sense, considering Edi was down there with me. The retreat part really didn't make sense... them running off... but... if they didn't know where you were or what was happening, it would make sense for Joker to try to save who he could I guess. Some of it didn't make sense but oh well. I was okay with it all around.I have another play-though I want to do as my FemShep, but I need to finish ME2 again first. She was more Renegade but had some paragon options to her. I have at least two more play-throughs of ME, then two more ME2... and then two more ME3...</p>

Gonna try ultraparagon on a brand new playthrough so that I can see what the Paragon option for the Illusive Man Encounter is like at the end. Which means going back to ME1. Also gonna let Kaiden live and romance Liara just for giggles since she's the only one you can "romance" in all three games.I expected a longer game, and by gum I'm going to get one.

Edited by Makaru

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

So I finally got a Krogan today(A sentinel).The first match I did with it. . . . . . . . didn't go well, it was on Silver, which I always do, but of course I wasn't experienced with the Melee Krogan yet, so i didn't do very well(The Team wiped on wave 6).I went to bronze after that, and MY GOD IS THIS GUY FUN I was top of the board in all four or so matches I did in bronze by a considerable margin, and I died maybe twice in each match, and that was normally because three or more enemies were all shooting at me.I used a Mattock plus Graal spike thrower for a little while, but then I dumped the Mattock for the Vindicator which i prefer. Even without Rage mode on I was oneshotting Marauders with a Heavy melee. And one time I killed like 5 Cannibals with one Lift grenade, and then finished off the stragglers with Melee.New favorite class.~ELM~

Krogan are tons of fun on Bronze, but on Silver and Gold their melee-focused strategy doesn't work so well. Still, you're a Krogan - if you're playing for subtlety, you're playing wrong.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Krogan are tons of fun on Bronze, but on Silver and Gold their melee-focused strategy doesn't work so well. Still, you're a Krogan - if you're playing for subtlety, you're playing wrong.

Yeah, i tried silver again earlier, I wasn't quite as bad, but I still wasn't very useful. I think I'll primarily use it on Bronze when I need to blow off steam or just want to have some mindless fun.Also, I got an Asari adept earlier, i'm liking it so far, more than the Human Adept at least. I also got my Adept class to level 20, so all my classes are ready to promote next weekend.And also, I have finally learned the wonders of the Carnifex. I was doing a Silver game as my Asari Adept and I saw that everyone else in my team had carnifexes, so I thought "Hey, that's supposed to be good, I'll try it!" and so I did, and it was good.So thank you, random team of Carnifex wielders, thank you.~ELM~ Edited by Element lord Of Milk.

I have yet to try multiplayer (silly me), but I love the Carnifex in single player. with a scope and the right damage modification, it's basically a pistol-sized sniper rifle.

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

The Talon is still my favorite pistol, followed by the Eagle.It's pretty much death in a can.

Awww yeah Talon is great. I love rocking it as a Vanguard, as it's essentially a lightweight shotgun.
Exactly! It even holds more rounds and does more damage than some of my actual shotguns right now.

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun