Mass Effect Topic

Angel Beat

I got a Justicar a couple days ago, and a batarian soldier earlier today, I was looking forward to the justicar, but i dunno, i'm not a really big fan. The batarian looks cool, i'll see how i like him.Also i ran into this Geth engy while i was playing my asari adept(Who I've been really enjoying lately)who seemed to be going for a Melee spec, he kept dying in far-off locations(this was on Gold, FBW, Geth, so we couldn't really go off to his rescue), towards the end of the match he seemed to get the point that him dying was an annoyance, we managed to make full Extraction.And then a couple matches later(again FBW/Gold/Geth, but playing my geth engy this time)i saw the exact same guy! He seemed to be in cover more than last match, he still died a fair bit, but i think that was mostly because he probably didn't put points into Advanced hardware, not him being reckless. Another guy left early on, Leaving me, him, and the batarian soldier who was with us to three-man gold, unfortunately, about midway through the match, the aforementioned Geth engy guy went afk, me and the Batarian managed to hold off for a few more waves, but ultimately wiped on wave 9.~ELM~

Edited by Element lord Of Milk.
andromeda_m31_slideshow.jpg

I got Batarian Sentinel. The Blade Armor looks so cool.Also that REVVING UP HEAVY MELEE.It's all like VRMVRMVRMVRMBAM and their head explodes.The Net is a pretty cool power, I just wish it did more against big enemies. Not hold them like smaller enemies, it'd be too good, but I think it should at least stumble/stun them for a brief moment.

Took me about 5 premium spectre packs(which, seeing as I play gold, isnt that hard to obtain enough credits), finally got the Krogan Battlemaster.All I can say, is that he is HUGE. Though I'm really not a fan of barrier, I wish he had the same powers as the human male, but that would be too overpowered or something I guess.

Barrier can be a very effective offensive tool when detonated near enemies. I use it that way probably more often than I use it as a shield (though the 25% damage bonus are charge is a pretty good trade off for 20% cooldown increase, considering it also buffs you).

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

I got Batarian Sentinel. The Blade Armor looks so cool.Also that REVVING UP HEAVY MELEE.It's all like VRMVRMVRMVRMBAM and their head explodes.

Yeah, I do like his heavy melee. Batarians in general are quite dull, though.Again, operating as I usually do, solely on appearance.I bought a premium spectre pack with leftover MS Points. Didn't get anything good. By which I mean I got no characters. :(- Tilius
Well, when you consider the monsterous good luck you've had previously, I wouldn't be surprised.

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

Do you get the pack instantly? I played this weekend with all the right options and haven't had anything yet... - Tilius

I'm assuming it'll be like the other packs, awarded Tuesday-ish.Also, i tried out my Batarian Soldier, i didn't like him much, he has literally no long-range capabilities unless you give him a long-range weapon(I gave him a Mattock when i used him). since Ballistic blades do nothing any farther than mid-range, and inferno Grebnades have an infuriatingly short throw distance, with other 'nades you can get them halfway across the map if you look up, but inferno grenades get barely half the distance of other 'nades slightly angled, even while looking up as far as possible.I also tried out the striker on my soldiers, first on my human with a stability damper and extended barrel, I liked it, then i put it on my turian with Extended clip and extended barrel, it went alright, but even with the turian stability bonuses, it still had a lot of recoil, I'll try it again later on my turian with an extended clip and a stability damper and see how that goes.~ELM~

Got a Quarian infiltrator from a spectre pack and idea how it compares to a Turian sentinel? As it is the only idea i've got is giving it a Mantis IV and Avenger V combo I've been running or swap it for one weapon like a claymore or widow stacked with the tactical clock bonuses?

Sentinel and Infiltrator are two completely different classes. The main strength of the Infiltrator is it's cloak. Equip it with a sniper rifle, and a pistol. I use the Black Widow and the M-6 Carnifax when I'm playing my Geth Infiltrator, and I always do well. What the Black Widow can't handle the Canrifax can.
Thanks I'll do that then if I can get a Incisor from a pack I'll use that with it Quarian although the damage is quite low it has a high capacity so I'll use it with the anti armor moderator and a extended barrel to equalize it a bit on par with most other sniper rifles although with greater capacity.

Got a Quarian infiltrator from a spectre pack and idea how it compares to a Turian sentinel? As it is the only idea i've got is giving it a Mantis IV and Avenger V combo I've been running or swap it for one weapon like a claymore or widow stacked with the tactical clock bonuses?

Sentinel and Infiltrator are two completely different classes. The main strength of the Infiltrator is it's cloak. Equip it with a sniper rifle, and a pistol. I use the Black Widow and the M-6 Carnifax when I'm playing my Geth Infiltrator, and I always do well. What the Black Widow can't handle the Canrifax can.
Thanks I'll do that then if I can get a Incisor from a pack I'll use that with it Quarian although the damage is quite low it has a high capacity so I'll use it with the anti armor moderator and a extended barrel to equalize it a bit on par with most other sniper rifles although with greater capacity.
Actually, the Geth Infiltrator's ability to boost the damage of Geth weaponry makes the Black Widow only the second-best choice, as the Javelin outclasses it. Furthermore, the amount of damage you're able to do with a Geth Plasma Shotgun playing Hunter-Style is pretty huge and definitely a viable alternative to sniping.

Actually, the Geth Infiltrator's ability to boost the damage of Geth weaponry makes the Black Widow only the second-best choice, as the Javelin outclasses it. Furthermore, the amount of damage you're able to do with a Geth Plasma Shotgun playing Hunter-Style is pretty huge and definitely a viable alternative to sniping.
I never thought of that. Hmm. I'll have to try that next time on ME3.

So i got a Batarian sentinel card out of my victory pack(Secondary colors, woooo. . . . . . . .), and then a Batarian soldier card(Secondary colors, woooo. . . . . . . .)out of the one resurgence pack i bought, but n the bright side, i got a wraith(Meh)and maxed out one of my piercing mods(Slightly less meh)in the same pack.Also, i've been really starving for missiles lately, not so much Medi-gel(Though i've been running a bit low on that too).Conserving missiles is a lot harder than medi-Gel :/ .~ELM~

I never thought of that. Hmm. I'll have to try that next time on ME3.
Yeah, it's not entirely intuitive. The problem is that on Gold there's the shield gate, so you gotta be quick and accurate if you're using a sniper without three shots like the BW. Edited by Nightvol: Lord of the Horde

Yeah, it's not entirely intuitive.

>Geth using Geth weapons better than other weapons>Not intuitiveWhat?Also, when has the Black Widow been better than the Javelin? Did I miss something? Edited by Xaer'Az vas Moreh

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

>Geth using Geth weapons better than other weapons>Not intuitiveWhat?Also, when has the Black Widow been better than the Javelin? Did I miss something?
It's not intuitive because unlike other Geth weaponry, the Javelin isn't marked as a Geth weapon in its name. You need to actually read the flavour text on it.The Black Widow has generally been considered superior to the Javelin because on Gold difficulty, enemies have a Shield Gate. That means that even a single bar of shield will absorb all of the damage of an attack regardless of the attack's power. The Black Widow has three rounds instead of one, and the rate of fire is fast enough that when uncloaking with a black widow, you can fire enough to have the damage boost from the cloak apply to all three shots. The high-power damage spread over three hits allows you to seriously hurt an enemy and also circumvents the Shield Gate issue. This doesn't apply on the lower difficulties because the Shield Gate does not exist.

>Geth using Geth weapons better than other weapons>Not intuitiveWhat?Also, when has the Black Widow been better than the Javelin? Did I miss something?
It's not intuitive because unlike other Geth weaponry, the Javelin isn't marked as a Geth weapon in its name. You need to actually read the flavour text on it.The Black Widow has generally been considered superior to the Javelin because on Gold difficulty, enemies have a Shield Gate. That means that even a single bar of shield will absorb all of the damage of an attack regardless of the attack's power. The Black Widow has three rounds instead of one, and the rate of fire is fast enough that when uncloaking with a black widow, you can fire enough to have the damage boost from the cloak apply to all three shots. The high-power damage spread over three hits allows you to seriously hurt an enemy and also circumvents the Shield Gate issue. This doesn't apply on the lower difficulties because the Shield Gate does not exist.
Not quite right. On bronze, the shield bleedthrough is 50%. On silver it's 25%. On gold it's 0%. I have the black widow V, and can support it's usefulness. It's much better than the widow X I have. It's a shame though because there's almost no point in using any other sniper. I do really want the javelin though. I like being a boss killer and the javelin would be perfect for that with my Geth infiltrator.Also, I now have all the X rated rare weapons, except for the new weapons. I have a geth SMG IX, a harpoon gun V, and a striker VIII. And is it just me, or has anybody been getting a lot of ultra rare N7 weapons in the resurgence pack? I got 4 last night alone. The black widow V, the saber II and III, and the talon III. Still missing the Javelin and the paladin though.~U_K~

alienbanner.jpg

Also, I now have all the X rated rare weapons

That's hot.
Seconded.

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

The Indra is terrible. Fully automatic sniper rifle, a la Fallout's Bozar, with pathetic damage.Then again, I am deeply biased towards the single action sniper rifles in these games.

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

You mean the ones, when fully upgraded, explodify Guardians?Whyever would you be biased?

I'm not sure why I love the ones that tear holes through three troopers in a row so much. Maybe I'm just that crazy.

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

I have the Indra, mainly because I like free stuff....I'll be sticking with my other guns.

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

So I decided to try my Geth Infil.(Who i have affectionately dubbed "Gary the Green Geth Infiltrator" )again today, this time with a GPS(I used a Sniper rifle the first time i tried him). it was glorious, I was one-shotting Bronze hunters and silver rocket troopers.Though he's much less effective if there's lag, i noticed a good half of my shots weren't doing any damage in the last game i played(Silver, Firebase ghost, geth)which was annoying. although one proud moment was Killing a Pyro that had just snuck up on our Justicar, and they thanked me to boot =D .Hunter mode is disorienting as always, I'm currently planning on a 6/0/6/6/6 build(I promoted all my characters except Vanguard earlier, bad, bad idea, Bronze is painful).~ELM~

So I decided to try my Geth Infil.(Who i have affectionately dubbed "Gary the Green Geth Infiltrator" )again today, this time with a GPS(I used a Sniper rifle the first time i tried him). it was glorious, I was one-shotting Bronze hunters and silver rocket troopers.Though he's much less effective if there's lag, i noticed a good half of my shots weren't doing any damage in the last game i played(Silver, Firebase ghost, geth)which was annoying. although one proud moment was Killing a Pyro that had just snuck up on our Justicar, and they thanked me to boot =D .Hunter mode is disorienting as always, I'm currently planning on a 6/0/6/6/6 build(I promoted all my characters except Vanguard earlier, bad, bad idea, Bronze is painful).~ELM~

I agree with everything this dude has said here.I just got a Geth Infiltrator and I love playing him like a Hunter. Sneak up on a group of mooks and heavy melee them all to death, or pop from behind a corner and blast them with a Geth Shotgun, it's all hilarious.Is the lag just for the Infiltrator? Because part of the reason I switched to the Hunter setup is because half my headshots weren't registering.
doctor-who-premier.jpg

I agree with everything this dude has said here.I just got a Geth Infiltrator and I love playing him like a Hunter. Sneak up on a group of mooks and heavy melee them all to death, or pop from behind a corner and blast them with a Geth Shotgun, it's all hilarious.Is the lag just for the Infiltrator? Because part of the reason I switched to the Hunter setup is because half my headshots weren't registering.
No, i think it was just a bad connection, the match before pretty much all my shots were registering.~ELM~

So I decided to give the Justicar another chance a couple days ago, so far I'm really loving it, I'm shooting for a 6/6/3/5/6 build. I find her much easier to use as a support class, whereas the other times I tried her I was trying to get Biotic explosions, which are hard to do effectively with her. I specced Biotic sphere for damage reduction instead of the warp effect, so that combined with Reave(Which I also somewhat specced for Damage reduction)makes me able to stay out of cover shooting with my avenger(Which I quite like for her, it does pretty good damage, it's accurate, it has a fast fire rate, and it's light)in between spamming reaves, even on Gold.And earlier i had a great Gold/FBW/Geth game, I was using my justicar, and there was an Asari Adept, and a Salarian infiltrator and engy, the salarians mostly did their own thing outside, while me and the Adept bunkered down inside, i cast my bubble while standing right in the corner of the bent terminal right inside the door, so it covered both our cover spots(I was on the end, they were right inside the door). I spammed reave at everything and they spammed warp and throw at everything, needless to say, everything died pretty quickly, even Primes only lasted maybe 15 seconds. We only had a couple of close calls, one during I think an objective wave, the Engy and adept both died, and me and the Inf had to break from cover and run and gun through the rest of the wave, and another one where me and the adept were watching different areas and almost got overwhelmed.Overall, one of the best matches I've had.~ELM~

I just bought my last two resurgence packs. I was very happy with my results. I finally got the Batarian soldier, and then got his secondary color as well. Got secondary color for my justicar too. I now have all the customization options for the Geth infiltrator (sexy red lights), Geth engineer, Batarian sentinel, and Krogan vanguard (Who I also got yesterday). The Krogan vanguard's skin tone is even more pointless than the Quarian's. I also have all the rare weapons including DLC ones upgraded to the 10th level.And I don't know about you guys, but I love the Krogan vanguard. He's replaced the drell adept as my second favorite character (Right behind the Geth infiltrator). And I've only used him against Geth on firebase white so far, but he is pretty viable on gold if you're not stupid with him.~U_K~

alienbanner.jpg

Out of curiosity since I haven't unlocked skin tone options for any of my characters, what does the option do for Quarians/thekroganvanguard?

For the Quarian, it barely changes the gas color inside the mask. Instead of the purplish black, you can have a dark bluish black, or a barely purplish black, etc. And for the vanguard, as far as I can tell, it barely changes the tint on the tubes coming out of his mask.~U_K~

alienbanner.jpg

Got my hands on my first Resurgence character last night, Krogan Battlemaster. Looking forward to using him a great deal.By the way, I've got a funky glitch with my vanguards. When I promoted them, I only had an asari and both humans. But, once promoted, they derped and kept all their skills how I had them. So now they all have something like -59 skill points and all the skills, but they're only level 6. Anyone else encounter this?

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

I FINALLY got a Krogan vanguard, out of a Veteran pack no less!(suck it RNG!)The first game I played with it was on Firebase Condor, against Silver cerberus, I was sort of disappointed in it, but I did another game(Ghost against silver cerberus)AND IT WAS GLORIOUS. GLORIOUS MURDERDEATH AND DESTRUCTION EVERYWHERE. I was just ripping through everything, even Phantoms posed no real challenge. It took me a little while to work out a spec I liked(Just regarding the branching parts, I'd already decided to drop Carnage and max everything else), but my god was it worth it, the last game i did with it was Reactor against Silver Geth, there was another krogan vanguard on the team, and nothing posed a threat, even Primes we just Meleed to death, although we did only make Partial extraction(One guy left mid-way through and I couldn't get the justicar that was with us up in time for full). Initially I used an Eviscerator(Which I've disliked every time i used it, but I thought it might be better here, nope). Then I dropped it for a scimitar(My favorite Shotgun)and a Phalanx(My favorite pistol)just in case I needed to do things at longer range, it went well, but I hardly used the Phalanx, so i dropped that and went with just the scimitar(Which I do for most of my Vanguards). With all the weight upgrades it gives me +200% recharge speed, with a Shotgun.The trick to the class seems to be to play it like a Krogan with Charge, not a Vanguard who happens to have Barrier and is a Krogan, I found detonating Barrier fairly useless, although it did come in handy occasionally(On Reactor I charged into a group of like 10 Geth troopers and Rocket troopers, popped Barrier, oh look they're all now dead)but it's very situational.Overall: New favorite class.~ELM~EDIT:

Got my hands on my first Resurgence character last night, Krogan Battlemaster. Looking forward to using him a great deal.By the way, I've got a funky glitch with my vanguards. When I promoted them, I only had an asari and both humans. But, once promoted, they derped and kept all their skills how I had them. So now they all have something like -59 skill points and all the skills, but they're only level 6. Anyone else encounter this?

I believe that happens occasionally, I think it's when you name your characters the same as the old ones and give them the same colors, not sure though. Edited by Element lord Of Milk.

This is a known PC bug. You'll have zero skill points when you hit Level 20. Promoting again should hopefully fix it.