Mass Effect Topic

Angel Beat

You can only upgrade to X on a new game plus (eg. import an ME3 character.)

Just an ME3 import. I imported a ME1>ME2>ME2 game, only got to five.Black Widow at 10 murderates.
Yeah, sorry if I was unclear that's what I meant - it's only if you import an ME3 character. Edited by GSR

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

I think I heard they're all Gold rarity right now, though tomorrow there's supposed to be a special pack just for Resurgence characters/items.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

Since I had 650000 credits or so, I figured I buy a few spectre packs because I couldn't wait to have the new packs.In my first pack, I got the geth SMG.In my next one I got a Geth infiltrator. Words cannot express my joy. Named him Unit HK-47.I bought a couple more for the heck of it, and after getting the ninth versions of guns I already have, I got an asari justicar.~U_K~

alienbanner.jpg

Am I a complete dunce for thinking that the DLC was a complete free pack to download? I thought that is what I read... but you buy pisdls is what I'm seeing?

bzprovince_zps0d5d507a.png

If you win, you live. If you lose, you die. If you don’t fight, you can’t win!

Scratch the thing about the new characters getting their own pack tomorrow - one of the Bioware staff says they're having issues with that, so the weekly pack is set to go back to being Premium Spectre packs.

I never got into any matches beyond Bronze while I was playing. What exactly are the differences between the categories?

The enemies are smarter, more devious, and carry more vintage 1976 gold dollars on them.(you get more money/xp for more difficult missions)

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

There's also a lot more enemies, and the tough ones show up earlier.

Well that doesn't sound terribly bad... Bronze was starting to get boring and a little easy. I guess it would be worth it for the challenge and the extra monies plus experience. Of course, by the time I get to multiplayer again I'll be rusty and need to play Bronze a lot.

Well that doesn't sound terribly bad... Bronze was starting to get boring and a little easy. I guess it would be worth it for the challenge and the extra monies plus experience. Of course, by the time I get to multiplayer again I'll be rusty and need to play Bronze a lot.

If you are going to make the jump to silver, be warned that there's a fairly large difficulty gap in between it and Bronze.Also: I used to hate playing the human sentinel, and pretty much any sentinel until i got my krogan, but today i decided to give the human another try.And it.Was.Glorious.With a Phalanx VII, my recharge speed is +194%, which gives me great recharge speeds even with tech armor, and it does pretty good damage too. I mostly got by by just spamming throw on everything and using my Pistol for extra damage. So far i've only tried it on bronze, so i might not like it as much on silver, but i dunno.And i also got a Black widow in a Specter pack earlier.I swear the game is mocking me by giving me weapons I've wanted for ages and withholding the new characters.I also played a match with an asari justicar, so i can comment on the Biotic sphere if anyone wants.~ELM~
andromeda_m31_slideshow.jpg

That's just terrible and plain stupid. This one match I was in, we obviously lost because of the stupidity. One of the members wasn't playing the game. They may have fired their gun or moved once, but the entire match they stood still and died. They did absolutely nothing.... The best part is everyone kept reviving that person. I was on the grind dying and they revived that person, died themselves, and end match.

I got a Paladin II of all things out of a Spectre pack last night, which I'm never going to use because my Carnifex IV is better.I also tried out the Black Widow on my Human Infil yesterday(I used it on him since my Quarian and salarian have powers I actually want to use, so I'm sticking with the Mantis X for them). best gun ever, there's nothing more satisfying than taking out three Guardians in one clip.I also finally got a DLC item, the Harpoon gun, which was the one i was most excited for, apparently it's a little iffy though, but i'll see how I like it.~ELM~

I've unlocked the Geth Infiltator and it is GLORIOUS. I haven't been crazy about Infiltrator's before, but Hunter Vision changes everything. I love it. So much. I really want to unlock the Javelin and Plasma Shotgun, but until then he's just carrying a Widow about. I'm not going to put any points in Proximity Mine and I think I'm going to focus more on the melee evolutions of Advanced Hardware, because the geth melee is very impressive.I've also unlocked the Batarian Sentinel but I haven't played as it, and the Krogan Vanguard, which is as fun as you would expect it to be but he glitches a lot and falls through the map, bounces, etc.I've found Barrier to be a very effective offensive tool at close range. It deals acceptable damage to protection and pretty much kills any unprotected enemy when detonated, and it's cooldown time is half that of Charge.

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

Yeah, that's a problem all Vanguards have, hosting fixes everything though.Unfortunately i still haven't gotten a new character out of the 5 or so Premium Spectres and 10 or so Spectres I've bought since the DLC came out, on the Bright side i got the harpoon gun(Which i kinda hate, and i got it twice, bleh)and the striker(Haven't tried it, though apparently it's similar to the pre-nerf falcon. and i've been getting so much other cool stuff, I've gotten my widow to III, I've gotten my revenant to III, i've gotten a Paladin(twice)and a black widow, I've gotten a geth plasma shotty, and I've been steadily upgrading some of my mods, but I. Still. Can't. Get. Any. Bloody. New. Characters!Argh.~ELM~

Edited by Element lord Of Milk.

And I like to kill them awesomer in SP. :P My renegade male has been using the geth Javelin sniper rifle, the geth assault rifle and the geth shotgun. ;)

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

So I tried out The Striker earlier.This thing is AMAZING. It makes mincemeat out of Ravagers, and it did fairly well against brutes, banshees, Primes, and pyros, I didn't get a chance to see how it performs against cerberus though.And i also bought a Spectre Pack and a Premium Spectre, i got ANOTHER BLOODY HARPOON GUN out of the premium, but i got a Batarian Sentinel in the Spectre pack! Haven't tried him yet, but he looks interesting.~ELM~

And I like to kill them awesomer in SP. :P My renegade male has been using the geth Javelin sniper rifle, the geth assault rifle and the geth shotgun. ;)

I refused to use any pistol but the Scorpion untill the final mission because it was basically the coolest thing ever.And for the record: Geth Shotgun > Graal Spike Thrower (with bayonet of course) > Krogan Shotgun > N7 shotgun > all other shotgun.
doctor-who-premier.jpg

I refused to use any pistol but the Scorpion untill the final mission because it was basically the coolest thing ever.And for the record: Geth Shotgun > Graal Spike Thrower (with bayonet of course) > Krogan Shotgun > N7 shotgun > all other shotgun.
Ha! Don't make me laugh. Talon, then Eviscerator, then Disciple, then Geth, then all the other shotguns.

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

ISN'T IT GREAT BUNDA?!And I would highly advise against putting points into melee. As great as the melee is, You need those shields since hunter mode cuts them in half. I play on gold with rank 4 and 5 of fitness in shields (and 3 points in proximity mine because it's more useful than I thought), but I still regularly kill people with the heavy melee. Never use the normal melee either. It's slow and barely does any damage.I still have no Javelin which makes me sad. I have a black widow III, talon II, scorpion II, wraith I, and saber II. It makes me sad when I'm in hunter mode and see someone I could shoot with the Javelin but no the widow.~U_K~

alienbanner.jpg

So i tried out My batarian Sentinel, this guy is awesome, he's pretty tanky. My spec for him is 6/3/6/6/5, and my god is the Net amazing, it can freeze shielded and barriered targets unlike stasis, it does DOT, it can go around cover(Though to a lesser extent then, say, Concussive shot), and it incapacitates them for a fairly long time even after the net is gone. The only downside is that it has travel time and it takes a couple seconds to use, whereas Stasis is instantaneous.and shockwave is actually useful with this guy!Blade armor is pretty useful, I'm using a disciple III with the skill that decreases shotgun and sniper rifle weight, so my cooldowns are pretty short, even with Blade armor. and the best part? Husks can no longer hold me for more than a couple seconds because they die too fast :biggrin: !~ELM~

Edited by Element lord Of Milk.

Stasis can freeze enemies with Barrier and Shields, it just has no effect on Armored targets.

Really? i thought it only worked on unprotected enemies.In other news, i got a geth engy :D ! i played a couple rounds with him(and then used the credits to buy a spectre pack which had a Geth Plasma SMG in it, yayz!)andmy verdict is:COMPLETELY AWESOME.I used the Geth plasma shotty, and this thing was pretty amazing on my krogan sentinel, but on a geth it is GODLIKE. Especially when in hunter mode(if you picked the ROF upgrade). speaking of which, hunter mode is pretty great, the distortion is kinda annoying and a bit disorienting, but the extra damage and ROF makes up for it, plus all enemies are very clearly marked, it has really short vision range though.Overload is Overload, i found it pretty useful.The turret is great, it seems a little tougher than the quarian's, plus who doesn't like extra shields? and of course, it's still superb at distracting enemies.I'm very happy that i got two new characters in one day :) .~ELM~

So I've unlocked the Asari Vanguard, and I'm surprised to find it's actually a really good sniper class. I've got mine set up with a widow, powers arranged with Charge at level three and Asari Justicar at five, everything else six. Stasis sets up enemies for the headshot and Lift Grenade is for tougher enemies.Edit: Actually, the Mantis serves my snipers better. It takes two shots to kill anyone that's shielded on Silver anyway, might as well not deal with all the weight. Plus I have the Armor Piercing moderator so no loss there.

Edited by Bundalings

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

I like the Widow but it's surprisingly under-powered. It's great on bronze, good enough on silver, but less then good on Gold. And don't try and take it to a fight with an Atlas, or any boss-level enemy. Unless you're good at getting headshots. In that case, go for it.Got a Batarian Soldier and a Krogan soldier in Spectre packs, as well as the Asari Justicar and the Geth Engineer. The Engineer isn't as good as I'd expected it to be, honestly.

I like the Widow but it's surprisingly under-powered. It's great on bronze, good enough on silver, but less then good on Gold. And don't try and take it to a fight with an Atlas, or any boss-level enemy. Unless you're good at getting headshots. In that case, go for it.Got a Batarian Soldier and a Krogan soldier in Spectre packs, as well as the Asari Justicar and the Geth Engineer. The Engineer isn't as good as I'd expected it to be, honestly.

That's because on gold there is no bleed through damage. You cannot hurt their health until their shields are down. I use the widow VII in gold all the time. I have no idea what you mean by not effective against bosses though. That's where the widow shines. With my infiltrator, I can kill a prime on gold in 4 shots, and an atlas in 5.~U_K~

alienbanner.jpg

That's because on gold there is no bleed through damage. You cannot hurt their health until their shields are down. I use the widow VII in gold all the time. I have no idea what you mean by not effective against bosses though. That's where the widow shines. With my infiltrator, I can kill a prime on gold in 4 shots, and an atlas in 5.~U_K~
It's got to do with the fact that I haven't been able to level it up much. I think I've gotten it to Level 2 since i got it, and I've been buying a load of spectre/prem. Spectre packs.

Took me about 5 premium spectre packs(which, seeing as I play gold, isnt that hard to obtain enough credits), finally got the Krogan Battlemaster. All I can say, is that he is HUGE. Though I'm really not a fan of barrier, I wish he had the same powers as the human male, but that would be too overpowered or something I guess.

Got a Quarian infiltrator from a spectre pack and idea how it compares to a Turian sentinel? As it is the only idea i've got is giving it a Mantis IV and Avenger V combo I've been running or swap it for one weapon like a claymore or widow stacked with the tactical clock bonuses?

Sentinel and Infiltrator are two completely different classes. The main strength of the Infiltrator is it's cloak. Equip it with a sniper rifle, and a pistol. I use the Black Widow and the M-6 Carnifax when I'm playing my Geth Infiltrator, and I always do well. What the Black Widow can't handle the Canrifax can.