Mass Effect Topic

Angel Beat

No, they didn't change it. N7s are Ultra Rare.Any item can be found in any pack, but some pack types guarantee at least 1 item of a specific rarity.

i don't think you can get any item out of any pack, only the guaranteed rarity level item and anything below that and one rarity level above the guaranteed one.
Nope, you can get anything. Better crates only guarantee at least 1 item of a specific rarity and higher chances for even better items. Straight from the Official FAQ:

There are common, uncommon, rare and ultra-rare items - items that are rare and/or powerful are differentiated visually when they are obtained upon opening a pack. The items included in each pack are selected at random. Higher value packs have a higher probability of selecting the most valuable items.

So in the last Premium Spectre pack I bought yesterday I finally got a Black Widow, and earlier I got a salarian Infiltrator. So happy.I've been having terrible luck with reinforcement packs... I never get anything I really use, aside from the Black Widow and salarian. I've gotten a couple asari Adepts, but I don't use her as much as my salarian Engineer and Infiltrator, or my turian Sentinel.

19704_s.gif

I did that at first, but since my Shep had sort of caused the suicide of someone close to him already, I shouted "NOT AGAIN!" and reloaded the conversation. I don't care for the guy at all, but I'd like to keep my unintentional bodycount to a minimum after that incident, thank you.

My Shep was 99% Paragon in the first two games. (Punching Khalisah al-Jilani in both games and shooting that really talkative krogan warlord in ME2 and punching that Eclipse merc through a window in ME2 were a must, though. :P)But after the really depressing start of the third game, my Shep had some more Renegade tendencies than in the first two games.

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

No, they didn't change it. N7s are Ultra Rare.Any item can be found in any pack, but some pack types guarantee at least 1 item of a specific rarity.

i don't think you can get any item out of any pack, only the guaranteed rarity level item and anything below that and one rarity level above the guaranteed one.
Nope, you can get anything. Better crates only guarantee at least 1 item of a specific rarity and higher chances for even better items. Straight from the Official FAQ:

There are common, uncommon, rare and ultra-rare items - items that are rare and/or powerful are differentiated visually when they are obtained upon opening a pack. The items included in each pack are selected at random. Higher value packs have a higher probability of selecting the most valuable items.

From the Wikia:
  • [*]Recruit Pack: A great way to upgrade and unlock your basic weapons, mods and characters. Includes 5 random items or characters, with a small chance for an Uncommon.[*]Veteran Pack: Advanced hardware and training for experienced operatives. Includes 5 random items or characters, with at least 1 Uncommon or better.[*]Specter Pack: The best equipment for the galaxy's best operatives. Includes 5 random items or characters, with at least 1 Rare or better.

I don't know about you, but that tells me that you're not getting anything better than an Uncommon weapon with a Recruit Pack. And so far that's been correct, cause I never have. Going off of the base descriptions for each pack tells me that you only have a chance at anything better than Uncommon in a Veteran or Specter Pack - Recruit Packs are going to net you virtually the same base weapons every time.

I've been searchin' for the daughter of the Devil Himself,

​I've been searchin' for an Angel in White,

​I've been lookin for a woman who's a little of both,

​and I can sense her but she's nowhere in sight,
Cause I can't find a banner ;_;

The consequences of Overlord can return in ME3.If you choose to save David in Overlord,

you'll find him at the Grissom Academy, where Jack's a teacher. He'll thank you and open a door with extra loot (including a Mattock rifle, iirc).When you're going to the lab on another world where you meet Jacob, you'll see Archer again. If you tell him where David is, I'm not sure what will happen. :P But if you tell him that you don't know where David is, Archer will be so very overcome with guilt and shame, he commits suicide.My Shep didn't reveal David's location.

I did that at first, but since my Shep had sort of caused the suicide of someone close to him already, I shouted "NOT AGAIN!" and reloaded the conversation. I don't care for the guy at all, but I'd like to keep my unintentional bodycount to a minimum after that incident, thank you.

So, I've been relentlessly blazing through Mass Effect 2, in an effort to finally start playing 3 and I've just finished Project Overlord. Holy Karzahni, I didn't expect that to move me. The vehicle sections were relatively boring, but right at the end when I was deciding David's fate I genuinely found that a difficult decision. In the end I chose to leave him, but I'm left deciding whether that was a truly just decision or not.

Why.WHY.WHY WOULD YOU LEAVE DAVID WITH ARCHER.THAT IS A TERRIBLE CHOICE AND ONE OF THE FEW I FEEL STRONGLY ENOUGH TO YELL ON THE INTERNET ABOUT.
I...I DON'T KNOW! I HAD A CHOICE, I WAS SO MOVED, I DIDN'T KNOW WHICH ONE TO GO FOR.Archer just convinced me with the possibility of saving so many lives. The needs of the many outweight the needs of the few, as a great man once said. It may be cruel to David, but just think how much of a kindness it is to those millions of soldiers who get to live another day, should Archer find a way to control the Geth!
Sometimes the ends do not justify the means. And the means of Overlord, I found inexcusable.
But things aren't too terrible as a result of leaving David. I just read through Shepard's private terminal and noticed I had received a message from the Illusive Man stating that David is getting treatment from Cerberus's best medical teams. What he was put through will be researched a lot more thoroughly and it can be assumed Archer will now remain under surveillance. Things might just turn around for the better for David.
Leaving him with CERBERUS. This is not a beneficial outcome. You are giving CERBERUS the ability to control GETH by torturing some poor disabled bloke. The Illusive Man doesn't care about that guy, as long as he can get the Geth, he's probably upping the voltage!I'm all for needs of the many, but OMG why!?

It may be cruel to David, but just think how much of a kindness it is to those millions of soldiers who get to live another day, should Archer find a way to control the Geth!

But geth are people, too. ;_;
What have I done?! [/Rarity]Ohh, the regrets kicking in...It seemed like the right thing to do, guys! I'm sorry...I'm just....I'm sorry...

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

You can get any item from any crate, regardless of the wording.There are some people who only buy Recruit Packs, because after getting EVERY Common and Uncommon item maxed, it starts dropping Rares or better every time.

That's not how it works, I've personally bought quite a few Recruit packs after maxing by base weapons and mods, and it only dropped human Character cards and the very occasional uncommon.~ELM~
andromeda_m31_slideshow.jpg

I supposed I shouldn't have said "every time" because, like you said, it can still drop Common and Uncommon characters, but since there's a smaller pool the chance for Rares goes up.Apparently it does work though, and I did get a Rare from a Recruit Pack (that was in the demo though, it might've changed).

I supposed I shouldn't have said "every time" because, like you said, it can still drop Common and Uncommon characters, but since there's a smaller pool the chance for Rares goes up.Apparently it does work though, and I did get a Rare from a Recruit Pack (that was in the demo though, it might've changed).

I think the drop rates for everything were much higher in the demo, I remember Getting an asari adept and Drell vanguard, and i'm pretty sure i didn't buy veteran packs that often in the demo.~ELM~

Getting ready to play multiplayer! Had to download an update first and did From Ashes code I had. Otherwise I'd forget about it. I'm pumped. Too bad I'll only be on dsl for the next..... 18 hours. I worked eight hours today... but I'm playing this as much as possible.

bzprovince_zps0d5d507a.png

If you win, you live. If you lose, you die. If you don’t fight, you can’t win!

Drop rates were way higher in the Demo - they were only giving us what we knew from the other games, and the classes that were shown. We had maybe twenty guns before - now we have fifty, and their respective mods, and the like.

I've been searchin' for the daughter of the Devil Himself,

​I've been searchin' for an Angel in White,

​I've been lookin for a woman who's a little of both,

​and I can sense her but she's nowhere in sight,
Cause I can't find a banner ;_;

Hay guise, I found out that I still had 720 BW points on my account, so I bought 3 premium Spectre packs.One of them contained both a Quarian Engineer and a Krogan Soldier.Another one had a Widow. :3

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

Played multiplayer until 4am this morning, then 11am to 7pm. I have an Asari Vanguard and Salarian Engineer I prefer using. Sadly... Out of the packs I've gotten... next to no guns besides the Eviscirator Shotgun (?) and the geth pulse rifle. I unlocked a krogan soldier and quarian infiltrator. I may be mixing up names here our there though... I do prefer using the Asari Vanguard. Oh and I forgot I unlocked the Drell as well. I'm going to miss multiplayer.

Edited by Sisen

So I bought all the "Important" DLC for ME2(Shadow broker, Kasumi, Overlord, and Arrival)yesterday. Did Kasumi a few hours ago, just finished Overlord.I really enjoyed Kasumi, it was Spy-movie tastic. The new outfit is cool, though it kinda sucks that it's basically a reskin of the cerberus outfit(Playing Dudeshep at least).Overlord was great, it was quite long, but I got a little annoyed with the driving sections in the hammerhead(Though i'm glad it made another appearance). And DAT ENDING, kind of disturbing actually. I was definitely not going to leave david with archer under any circumstances after what he did to him.Probably going to do Shadow Broker next, but i'm debating whether to do Arrival right after or wait until I finish this run of ME2(Which is my "Perfect" run).~ELM~

Edited by Element lord Of Milk.

In all honesty, I was disappointed we couldn't play as Elcor, Volus, Hanar, or Vorcha when multiplayer came out.Perhaps in a future pack, we can get those, as well as Yahg and Prothean?Edit for coding.

Edited by Xaeraz. Plain and Simple.

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

Because Bioware is lazy and don't want to have to animate combat animations for the non-humanoid classes + Elcor, Volus, and Hanar aren't known for their warriors. Not to mention Elcor would be crazy boring to play since a VI does all the shooting, the Elcor themselves just walk (extremely slowly)I'm guessing there's no Vorcha because they're primitive and most of them are "bad guys"Protheans aren't included because obviously there's only 1 and he's with ShepardYou need to keep in mind that multiplayer isn't just tacked on for fun, it ties into the story; thus it needs to make sense within the story

Because Bioware is lazy and don't want to have to animate combat animations for the non-humanoid classes + Elcor, Volus, and Hanar aren't known for their warriors. Not to mention Elcor would be crazy boring to play since a VI does all the shooting, the Elcor themselves just walk (extremely slowly)I'm guessing there's no Vorcha because they're primitive and most of them are "bad guys"Protheans aren't included because obviously there's only 1 and he's with ShepardYou need to keep in mind that multiplayer isn't just tacked on for fun, it ties into the story; thus it needs to make sense within the story

Elcor could have a seperate targeting reticule for the guns on their back while they moved. It would play like the others, but slower movement and aiming removed from the center of the screen. Probably wouldn't fit into matches at all though.
doctor-who-premier.jpg

It would have been nice if Bioware had thrown in an offline mode. I mean you can play Halo firefight offline by yourself or with another player. Why not Mass Effect? There'd probably be issues such as buying packs or people abusing firefight to get points but that could have been turned off or something to prevent taking advantage of it.

Well, you can run solo games if you really want, but you've still got to be online. Then again, thanks to Origin you need to be online whenever playing ME3 anyways - the joys of today's industry.(Or at least that's how it goes on PC - I'm not sure how the 360/PS3 versions work.)

Edited by GSR

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Pretty much the same way. My galaxy at war map in game was always offline during gameplay, so I never got the achievement delivering my assets to the final battle. Running a single match on your own sounds like a suicide mission, but I guess you could get more experience etc that way.Today's industry stinks because not everyone has high speed access. A majority of people do, but I get people who buy computers everyday who are still connected to dial-up(what's that?) because that's all they have access to.

Edited by Sisen

So I FINALLY got a Revenant, I used it on my turian soldier, almost no recoil with the Stability damper V and all the stability upgrades from the turian veteran skills, I didn't even need Marksman, I experimented with a few second mods, first the Magazine upgrade, then the scope, because It wasn't accurate enough for my tastes, didn't like it with scope, so i switched back to the magazine upgrade, I'll see how that turns out. Eventually i decided to try it on my turian Sentinel, hopefully that'll be a bit more fun. i also realized it's kind of bad against standard infantry because it's so inacurrate, luckily i found that the predator X is an absolute BEAST in the hands of a turian, with a high Caliber Barrel V and a magazine upgrade V, it has a fast fire rate, reasonably damage, and a clip of 27, I found it was killing things only slightly slower than my carnifex IV did on my Asari adept.And i also got a Paladin(Along with an asari vanguard card and an upgrade for the shotgun shredder moderator, bleh).I compared it to my carnifex IV, eh, it does more damage, but i think i'll stick with my carnifex for now, because i like the extra capacity and lower weight.~ELM~

Edited by Element lord Of Milk.

Oh by the Spirits, the suicide mission is filling me with fear. I've already lost Kasumi and Tali. Any wrong move could cost one of my more liked squad mates their lives. D=>

Start over? We can talk you through it if you want to save everyone.

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

Oh by the Spirits, the suicide mission is filling me with fear. I've already lost Kasumi and Tali. Any wrong move could cost one of my more liked squad mates their lives. D=>

It's done. I wanted my first playthrough to be based entirely off of my mistakes.When I start a new game, I could probably do with some assistance though.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

It's done. I wanted my first playthrough to be based entirely off of my mistakes.When I start a new game, I could probably do with some assistance though.
Righto. I was so worried when I did my first Suicide Run, I memorized the best characters for each role. Lemme know if you want 'em.

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

Righto. I was so worried when I did my first Suicide Run, I memorized the best characters for each role. Lemme know if you want 'em.
I kind of got it right on the first try and still can't figure out why anything but lack of loyalty or intention keeps people from having perfect runs. :PSorry.
doctor-who-premier.jpg

Oh snap I didn't realize you could upgrade your guns in SP from 5 to 10. The benefits of porting your ME3 saved game.

What now? I upgraded to level five but couldn't after that.

Oh snap I didn't realize you could upgrade your guns in SP from 5 to 10. The benefits of porting your ME3 saved game.

What now? I upgraded to level five but couldn't after that.
You can only upgrade to X on a new game plus (eg. import an ME3 character.)

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

You can only upgrade to X on a new game plus (eg. import an ME3 character.)

Just an ME3 import. I imported a ME1>ME2>ME2 game, only got to five.Black Widow at 10 murderates.
Revenant X. Death by Dakka.

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun