Mass Effect Topic

Angel Beat

I get that too, lol.True, it only resets their awareness. =/

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

Quarian SpoilersAnd Questions:

So I also chose to upload the Reaper code, resulting in the destruction of the Quarian fleet and Tali's death. I didn't do the other geth mission before this one, so if I do that and then redo this one I can save everyone? (I have a save before I left to do the mission.) If not, I'll go on ahead anyway, don't really care for the Quarians but losing Tali kind of sucks.

Quarian SpoilersAnd Questions:

So I also chose to upload the Reaper code, resulting in the destruction of the Quarian fleet and Tali's death. I didn't do the other geth mission before this one, so if I do that and then redo this one I can save everyone? (I have a save before I left to do the mission.) If not, I'll go on ahead anyway, don't really care for the Quarians but losing Tali kind of sucks.

If you use the Paragon option in that convo(Not sure about the renegade one)then Tali and the Quarians live and the Geth still get the code.

~ELM~

andromeda_m31_slideshow.jpg

If you use the Paragon option in that convo(Not sure about the renegade one)then Tali and the Quarians live and the Geth still get the code.

~ELM~

But I did choose the paragon choices which were uploading the code, I do think there was a second option after letting him upload it to tell him to stop the upload, but that was a bottom choice. Would that mean I need to complete the other mission first before doing the last one?

Man, I really ought to pick up the pace. I'm 14.5 hours in and just about to finish Tuchanka.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Man, I really ought to pick up the pace. I'm 14.5 hours in and just about to finish Tuchanka.

Tuchanka is epic. :P

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

~ELM~

But I did choose the paragon choices which were uploading the code, I do think there was a second option after letting him upload it to tell him to stop the upload, but that was a bottom choice. Would that mean I need to complete the other mission first before doing the last one?

Haven't played ME3 yet, but I kinda sorta know how this goes. Did you rewrite the heretics in ME2? Save Zaal'Koris? Convince Han'Gerrel to cease-fire?

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

Haven't played ME3 yet, but I kinda sorta know how this goes. Did you rewrite the heretics in ME2? Save Zaal'Koris? Convince Han'Gerrel to cease-fire?

This isn't off of a save so I probably didn't rewrite the heretics. I did save Koris, but when do I convince Han'Gerrel to cease-fire?

It's the Paragon option on the same wheel that you can either tell Legion to stop the upload or let it go through.

~ELM~

I only have the option to let it go or stop it, there are no other options. I redid the final part and chose to stop him, I lost the geth fleet but Tali and the Quarians are alive. I didn't get any renegade either.

Hm, not even any grayed-out options? Weird.Maybe it's because I'm using a save from ME2 in which I rewrote the Heretics?

~ELM~

Hm, not even any grayed-out options? Weird.Maybe it's because I'm using a save from ME2 in which I rewrote the Heretics?

~ELM~

That's probably it. I chose to let the Quarians destroy the geth fleet. I think I'll buy the original Mass Effect on PC (which is why I don't have a save, I originally started playing on Xbox but I recently switched over to PC) and then do an entire playthrough through the whole series. Thanks for assisting, I guess I'll have to sacrifice the geth. =(

very minor pre-Tuchanka spoilers

When Shepard said "A bomb?!" I was getting major Deus Ex flashbacks.

Well, I guess if you were Renegade enough, you could see that their vision was augmented...Man, I miss the scar slider in the character creator from Me1. Too bad it never returns again.

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

Just finished the game.

I had heard the ending was bad, but I had had faith in Bioware. I even supported multiplayer when I first heard of it and thought it could be done very well, and it was. And when I came to the ending, expecting a great finish... I was wrong. I was so so wrong.This has got to be the most disappointing ending for a game ever. All they had to do was after you kill the Illusive man, you activate the Crucible and it sends out a signal that kills the Reapers. That's all they had to do. Instead we are given a choice by some god-child Who thought the best way to preserve life was by destroying most of it. And the epilogue was okay, but a lot of it made no sense. Why were Garrus and Tali there with Joker even though they were just on the ground running towards the beam with me?

~U_K~

alienbanner.jpg

Just finished the game.

I had heard the ending was bad, but I had had faith in Bioware. I even supported multiplayer when I first heard of it and thought it could be done very well, and it was. And when I came to the ending, expecting a great finish... I was wrong. I was so so wrong.This has got to be the most disappointing ending for a game ever. All they had to do was after you kill the Illusive man, you activate the Crucible and it sends out a signal that kills the Reapers. That's all they had to do. Instead we are given a choice by some god-child Who thought the best way to preserve life was by destroying most of it. And the epilogue was okay, but a lot of it made no sense. Why were Garrus and Tali there with Joker even though they were just on the ground running towards the beam with me?

~U_K~

Yeah I feel the same way about the ending. I didn't enjoy it and it was very lackluster. I guess it was good that I'd spoiled the ending so I wouldn't be suprised. But yeah it sucked. It sucked bad. The multiplayer was good though but that doesn't make up for the horrid ending

- Keelah Se'lai

Edited by Maalic

I remember them saying something about a Mass Effect MMO, I wouldn't really have the heart anymore to join though...

I feel like this is irrecoverable for Bioware, that they cemented themselves as the money hungry lackey of EA. It was lazy and this RPG should had taken like 30 to 40 hours to beat, not 15 and I got all the missions done. I haven't played multiplayer yet.So yeah it was chose the color of your explosions ending and then we are given a prompt to buy more DLC. I'll write fanfiction now and only remember the first one, since it was so much better than 3 or for as a game overall. They killed a series in five minutes. How is that even possible?

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

I find it hilarious that some people are so upset with the ending that they completely forget ALL of the great times they had with the series before now. I certainly don't think the ending is the best, but I wasn't necessarily expecting the happily-ever-after ending either. I chose the synthesis ending, and I thought it was tragically epic. My Shepard was fighting for the right of life for everyone, whether synthetic or organic or Krogan. Finally bringing peace to the organic vs. synthetics was a beautiful end to a modern space opera for my Shepard.Sure, there are still parts that I didn't enjoy about the ending and other parts that didn't make sense (destroying one mass relay in Batarian space wiped out that entire system...nothing happened when ALL of the relays were destroyed?) I simply had too much fun with the whole series to feel betrayed by Bioware. If the ending of the game bothered you so much you think the entire series is garbage, I'd venture to say you weren't a fan of the series that much to begin with.Everyone has the right to their opinion, these are just my thoughts about it as well as the internet's reaction to the ending. I still love the game. I want to beat New Game plus so I can see what that ending is like...

Edited by Watashi Wa
Whoo, gotta add that last spoiler tag

What is dead may never die.

Thing is I have been a fan from the beginning from 2007 when it first came out. I preordered that first one. I played the first five times and then one more time before the second came out. I loved the series and the worlds and the games. I loved Mass Effect 3, which was supposed to be about big choices, big consequences. All that work amounted to nothing, all that forgiving Bioware for day one DLC because EA basically enforces it. All that get angry about things I felt that they deliberately left out of the game just so they could make money. I forgave them because this game was going to cement Mass Effect as a great game series.I was sure it did and for about five minutes after the synthesis ending I thought it was okay. Until all the plot holes and unanswered questions came flooding into my mind.You can think it's funny, but I doubt the fans you see getting angry are just some newcomers. They are angry because Bioware has been ruining the series their fans love. It's insulting to think because they call Bioware on this "they are not true fans of Mass Effect".It makes me angry, more angry than the ending.Now I know that was just your opinion but this was my reasoning about why fans are behaving like this. It's very reasonable.

Edited by The Mask

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

Okay, so basically, I would have been fine with the ending. i would have been fine with the 3 choices you were given, the complete abandonment of the choice system up till now, and the death (or near death, depending on how many assets you get), but there is one thing that really cinched the disappointment for me.....the lack of an epilogue. I invested a lot of time and emotion in this game, and fell in love with its characters. All of the above is fine with me, except there is no closure. What happened to my crew? Liara, Ashley, Kaiden, Wrex, Tali? I want to know what happened after your choice. No epilogue, no closure, nothing. It leaves me very confused and angry.Thats my problem with it.

-SK

pohatu_like_a_boss.gif

I really despise the ending. It's just awful. It wasn't what the series was leading up to and it's full of plot holes. We had a great enemy. The reapers were terrifying and unknowable. They seemed unstoppable. Harbinger was an entity that was scary and built up. Dark energy was abundant and a concern. The pieces were all there for a satisfying ending. And they ignored it when they switched writers.Does anyone else grasp the idiocy of the new reasoning of the reapers? "Organics and synthetics will always fight each other, so we've built a race of synthetics to wipe out organics before it comes to that." What?Despite that, I could have accepted the ending if we could have just said no. If we could have pointed to the geth and EDI as counter examples, or simply argued that Organics deserve to have a chance to exist, it would have been acceptable. Heck, they could have gone really far and have the catalyst been Harbinger indoctrinating shepherd. But they didn't. They took the easy way out and gave us the same bad ending in three different colors.There's so much more that's wrng with then ending, but it's late and I'm too upset to talk about it anymore.That being said, I enjoyed the rest of the game immensely and still feel it was a justified purchase, there's just a sour taste in my mouth at the end of it all.

I want you to hit me as hard as you can.

Something on your mind, Dear?

Hey, you created me. I didn't create some loser alter-ego to make myself feel better. Take some responsibility!

My femShep is only mostly Paragon. :PSometimes I just can't help it, I need to use some renegade interrupts.Like punching Khalisah al-Jilani and (Citadel spoiler)

shooting Udina for betraying the Citadel to Cerberus.

Eeyup.

f9Qcky7.png

My femShep is only mostly Paragon. :PSometimes I just can't help it, I need to use some renegade interrupts.Like punching Khalisah al-Jilani and (Citadel spoiler)

Eeyup.

Did you get to the ending yet? Because there's another Renegade interrupt in the second-last mission that I'm SURE most people took.~ELM~

Eeyup.

Did you get to the ending yet? Because there's another Renegade interrupt in the second-last mission that I'm SURE most people took.~ELM~
It's better if you don't take it.
I want you to hit me as hard as you can.

Something on your mind, Dear?

Hey, you created me. I didn't create some loser alter-ego to make myself feel better. Take some responsibility!

Ending Discussion/Theories

There are theories that the ending was Shepard being indoctrinated and that the "god-child" was trying to get Shepard to choose a decision that wouldn't destroy the Reapers, but if you chose Destroy then you saw through the indoctrination. Everything after that, the Normandy crashing and crew members being there that were just on the ground with you, can be a side effect of Shepard's indoctrination. It's possible he was just imagining it all. Still a pretty sorry way to explain it, but if they expanded that then that's probably the only way I could be remotely satisfied.If you had above 4,000 or 5,000 (I had more than that, can't remember which it is though) assets then at the end of the Destroy ending you saw Shepard breathing somewhere in London. The theory is that Shepard was never actually on the Citadel in the first place.Also, after the credits the Stargazer mentions that Shepard is a "legend" and some parts were "lost in history". He also says there is "one more story to tell".Unfortunately, that all seems to point to DLC explaining this mess of an ending. Which if this is all a ploy to get people wanting to buy the next DLC then that makes me even more upset with BioWare. Honestly, this ending seems all too surreal. I beat the game late last night and I actually felt shocked. A powerful ending but there could have been so many better ways to execute it, which is why I think most are disappointed, including myself.

So, for anyone who beat ME1/ME2/Both, what are your guys' favorite squadmates, who died in your playthrough, and did you romance anyone?Personally, Wrex, Garrus, Kasumi, Zaed, and Tali are my favorite squadmates. I purposely killed Jacob, Jack, Miranda, and Ashley, because they're all annoying to me or boring(I'm looking at you, Jacob). I would've killed Morinth again, if I hadn't already killed her.Also, no romance. Waiting for Kasumi.

Tali, Garrus and Legion are my clear favourites, though I love Wrex's lines. I prefer to let Kaiden die on Virmire, though that leaves me with Ashley to avoid for the rest of the playthrough. She might think I like her or something. I've never let Wrex die, and the only Squadmate who's ever died in the Collector Base was Legion. It was a hollow victory without him. So I'm replaying that file to save him for ME3, which I hope to get on April 12th.Romanced Ashley (by accident) on one profile, Tali (purposefully) on my second and have plans for Garrus on this current profile. I dislike Liara, Samara, Morinth (Actually, most Asari aside from that bartender on Illium), Jacob and Kaiden who're both so bland and clearly just there for the girls, Ashley and Miranda who're terrible people and just there for the guys, and Grunt. Grunt's trying to usurp the awesomeness of Wrex. Thane's sort-of meh, Jack's just... She can rot under the engineering deck for all I care, Mordin's got great lines, but he's not much good in a fight. Legion's cool - I like the insight into the Geth he gives, Wrex's got brilliant lines, but he gets in my way when I'm trying to snipe. I think Garrus' character is one of the best, and I love how he follows your example through the games. Tali's clearly the best, in my opinion. She's got uncanny luck in ME1, a really interesting insight into the Quarians' way of life, and one of the most engaging loyalty missions, one that's clearly very personal as opposed to, say, Thane's, where he shows very little emotion or Jacob's, where he just seems to have this one-dimensional bitter outlook.
It's not illegal, it's just cheating.

Romanced Ashley once for the Achiev, romanced Tali three times because she's just that great, and maybe I'll make a FemShep to romance Garrus with. Killed Kaidan once because I was romancing Ashley, killed her off on my second game for variety, but saved Wrex both times because he's cool. Jeong I killed once because I couldn't do the Paragon check, and kept alive the second time.Kept everyone alive twice through the suicide mission (doing the third now), but I honestly don't really like Miranda because the way her facial expression never changes a bit is kinda creepy, or kinda Jacob because there are better squadmates. Garrus and Tali I always liked, but ME1 Garrus was better, at least aesthetics-wise; I liked his silhouette better in the original, and there's kinda the hole in his armor in ME2. The alternate appearance pack fixes that, but I don't particularly like the orange eyepiece. Liara is kinda awkward in the first game in an unfunny way, and then her personality completely whiplashes in ME2 and I'm not really sure I like that either (never got Shadow Broker so I might be missing some stuff here).Jack and Thane both have interesting backstories (sorta Miranda too, but less so and HER FACE), Grunt is kinda funny; not as good as Wrex but I still like him (I also like when his conversation sequences end he says he has everything he needs and not some garbage about not wanting to talk or needing to do calibrations for the rest of eternity). Samara and Legion both give detail about their cultures (and all the references Legion makes are great), Morinth is dumb so I've killed her every time because I'd feel irrationally guilty if I killed Samara, even if I went back and redid it, Kasumi and Zaeed were good, Zaeed because of all the stories, and Kasumi because she's funny, her loyalty mission was pretty fun, and her room is the only one that has any personality to it, and Mordin... sings. Also there's the whole talk with Shepard about the sterilization and comfortable positions, and... yeah okay.

19704_s.gif

I don't think I'm even close. Hay, I haven't even visited the Quarians yet. :P

f9Qcky7.png

Yeah, I'm taking my sweet time too. Just about to hit 20 hours, and haven't started the Quarian storyline yet (though it's available). Game keeps flinging sidequests at me.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Liara is kinda awkward in the first game in an unfunny way, and then her personality completely whiplashes in ME2 and I'm not really sure I like that either (never got Shadow Broker so I might be missing some stuff here).

Oh you are missing so much stuff.EDIT: So I've boughten the Digital Delux edition and now it turns out that the fanfix for ME3's face troubles requires an ungodly amount of time and effort. How is everyone else dealing with it? Edited by Trypanophobia
doctor-who-premier.jpg

Liara is kinda awkward in the first game in an unfunny way, and then her personality completely whiplashes in ME2 and I'm not really sure I like that either (never got Shadow Broker so I might be missing some stuff here).

Oh you are missing so much stuff.EDIT: So I've boughten the Digital Delux edition and now it turns out that the fanfix for ME3's face troubles requires an ungodly amount of time and effort. How is everyone else dealing with it?
I just created a reasonably similar Shep in the Character creator, he was adequate.~ELM~