The War Room (ME: D Discussion Topic)

Light

Does anyone know if Flex is still in this, or did he drop off?

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

Name: Ronan McKay

Species: Human.

Faction: Formerly EU; Now freelance.

Class: Soldier.

Abilities: Adrenaline Rush, Armor-Piercing Ammo, Cryo Ammo, Incendiary Ammo, Disruptor Ammo, Fortification

Weapons and armor: Ronan tends to favor heavier weapons and armor. As far as weapons go, he prefers those that deal out huge damage in one shot. Typically he carries his Saber assault rifle (Tailored to him), an Eviscerator shotgun, and a Paladin heavy pistol, as a backup. When he finds them on the field, he will use heavier weapons, though typically he prefers to carry just these. For armor, he has a modified N7 Defender set, making him quick bulky in appearance. The faction markings are painted over.

Skills: Ronan's a pretty decent shot with his weapons, though he wouldn't qualify as a sniper. His best skills would probably fall more under a support and heavy weapons role. He's rather good at drawing attention, both in and out of combat. His body is quite durable, and his healing rate is rather remarkable. Otherwise, there isn't much to speak for.

Personality (optional): Generally quiet and serene, Ronan is the type to fit the "gentle giant" type of personality quite well. In everything he does, he prefers being patient, thoughtful, and just. In some ways he takes everything a little too seriously. He forgets to joke as often as he should, and is all but oblivious to flirting, leaving people to see him as a bit uptight. But in a fight, he will always be one of the most dedicated and loyal people one could have at their side, assuming he has respect for them.

Appearance: Standing quite large, Ronan sports a well muscled, tall frame. This tends to be the first thing people notice about him. He's somewhat pale, from spending a decent deal of time indoors and on ships. He has a strongly built face, with short black hair, a full beard, and bright blue eyes. Usually he's in armor, but when not he prefers clothes like what he used to wear in the military. He generally likes to have a weapon on him at all times.

Ship specifications (if applicable): None.

Bio: Ronan was born to a Scottish family, but grew up in England. His accent was varied because of this. He was always something of a big brother figure to the kids around him, all of his friends. This was something that he hung onto throughout his whole life. When he came of age, he enlisted in the military, in the hopes of making a difference. His idealism didn't take him too far. Instead, he was assigned pointless jobs. At least in his eyes. The leaders he served under didn't do enough to sate the hopeful altruist inside of him, and so when his service was up, he left. But what was a man like him to do? The only thing he knew how to do. Fight. He went and put himself on the market as a freelancer, though he was very discerning in what jobs he took. Because of this he more often than not wound up living poor and miserable. And these are the shoes he finds himself in now. He doesn't feel a sense of purpose, and he questions why he does what he does. But he sticks to his morals, and tries living as best as he can doing what he does. All he can do is hope that things change for him soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Things should be speeding up soon. I've just been busy.

Same. I'm back at 100%.

Sent you a PM cage.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

The ME wiki states that Illium is an Asari colony, so that would make it one of their worlds. Also, it's a major center of galactic commerce, which would provide a lot of resources to whoever controls it. In that sense, the Hierarchy would probably be looking to prevent Illium from falling into Human hands as much as they are looking to help their Council allies.

Yo, a couple questions. First and foremost, I noted some powers are still missing from the list, like all the powers on the Destroyer kit, and 90% of the final DLC. I'm assuming there's a reason for this, but I would like to know why.

Secondly, let's posit that I wanted a character who had biotics at one point, but burnt them out or otherwise lost their ability to use them. Would I be obligated to take a biotic class for them, anyway?

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

I sent Kaithas a completed power list a while back. I suppose he forgot to add it or wanted to make some changes. Almost all powers are available for use, whether or not they're on the current list.If they used to be an adept but now have no biotic abilities, no, they wouldn't have a biotic class.

Edited by Bundalings

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.