Sonic the Hedgehog series

JiMing

I'm definitely excited for this new game, I have to say. I hope the 3DS version isn't just locked to a side-scroller perspective like the last two titles transferred to a handheld, though. =/ Especially if it does go back to the Adventure sequence, I want to see the 3DS handle something like that, since it can definitely do so. =P

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, a new Sonic game called Sonic: Lost World was announced today during Nintendo Direct for Wii U and 3DS! We only have this one picture unfortunately.

xsonic.jpg.pagespeed.ic.4g9rdBu7_p.jpg

Nice! I just got a 3ds, so this i perfect! I wish they would make adventure 3 tho...

By the way, what are people's opinions on sonic OCs? I've seen enough bad ones to fill up the Great archives of onu-metru, but some can be genuinely unique and interesting. People's thoughts?

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

I've been wanting to keep saying that everyone else is wrong about Adventure 3... But they technically did make Adventure 3. It's called Sonic 06. ._.'Also, question that will definitely spark discussion, and probably get on some people's nerves; but what truly makes the Adventure games(More specifically Adventure 1) better than '06? Adventure has it's own fair share of glitches, and while most may be from the silly new port, I'd say that most were already there. And Egg Viper is just plain cheap if you don't know what you're doing(Much like Silver). It's much better with it's gameplay, and has a better story, sure, but if we're gonna pick on '06 for gamebreaking glitches, I've phazed through more walls than you can count in the past little while, and that camera just sucks.(Also, who decided an inverted camera was a good idea?)

Well, from what I've heard and seen, Sonic Adventure still appears to be a better game than 06. First of all, the controls for Adventure seem very fluid and natural, with physics that make sense, such as Sonic reacting to terrain appropriately. On the other hand, the controls in 06 look very stiff and ultra-precise. The characters also look completely weightless, even being able to stand upside down on surfaces if programmed to do so. Also, Sonic's natural speed is must faster in Adventure than 06. Heck, it looks like Adventure is a faster game overall, with 06 just putting in a bunch of motion blurs in a failed attempt to hide how slow the game is.Hey, the trailer for Lost World was released! It seems to be very inspired by the Claasics, with Sonic having the Peelout Figure 8 animation and the Speed Boosters looking like the Classic variety. Overall, it looks very interesting. Oh, did I mention that the 3DS version is 3D?

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

I've heard great things about the Adventure series. I have nothing against it. I have a buddy who's a big fan of Sonic (and formerly BIONICLE) and it was no surprise he own Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut (did I get that right?). The biggest problem with it was the way the characters' mouths moved when they spoke. Anyone else notice that?

mindeth the cobwebs

Hah. The mouth movement is just plain hilarious. xDAlso, the controls do seem better(Never actually played '06, I'll admit); but I've had my fair share of falling off walls and such; just like what '06 is notorious for, and I clipped through a wall a couple times in the last battle as Sonic, which annoyed me. And randomly uncurled before a crucial homing attack in the same fight didn't help either. =PEgg Viper is definitely Silver's precursor, though. ;_;

Ok, having recently beaten Adventure AGAIN, for the umpteenth time, I'll put in my views:

It is a game based mostly on nostalgia than anything else, but the game is still fun and at least less glitchy than 06 is. I've generally avoided major glitches and never had anything bad happen to me, aside from a few screwups in Sonic's Emerald Coast, but the game as a whole stands up nicely.

Except for voices and story and lipsyncing. Those were terrible to the point of hilarity.

And then there's Chao, which is pretty much what everyone remembers anyways. They're still cute, but too many times I've intended to pick up a Chao and instead hit it with an attack. Oh the agony >.<

On the subject of Lost World, Sonic X-Treme much?

EDIT: Also Egg Viper's really easy. I remember my first time went mostly without a hitch. I dunno why you guys are hating on it, it's NOTHING like Silver's broken ITSNOUSETAKETHIS battle.

Edited by SonicBOOM XS

Undergoing Renovations...

Hmm, you have a point there. At least you can't take characters into sections of levels you can't normally access... Usually. *Looks over at Sonic*The story wasn't too bad so far(Could've done without Big), but the lipsyncing is definitely bad; but then again, all games were that way then, and you can tell, as it's fixed in Adventure 2; or at least, Battle.The Chao should return in Lost World, especially since Small Animals are returning.Kinda, though I can definitely see the Super Mario Galaxy comparisons; even if they're a very small portion compared to other things. I personally don't mind, since they already did that first anyway. =P *Points to the final levels of Adventure 2*Actually, it's just me mostly hating that battle. It's probably me playing it for the first time just recently and being more used to the Generations/Colours bosses, or the sidescrollers. =P It's just; I kept either missing, getting hit by attacks I should have dodged, glitching through the platforms, uncurling right as I try to homing attack the face, or those stupid tops. Took me like 10 tries to even get on it once; though luckily, that was the exact moment when I beat the boss. =P I'm sure it'll be better on further playthroughs...Though, play through that fight again, and purposely take your time on some of the phases; taking note of what Eggman says throughout the fight; you'll realize why I drew those Silver comparisons. =P