The Purpose of Po-Metru?

I was just questioning something...

What exactly is the purpose of Po-Metru?

My reasoning may stem from not being incredibly informed on the matter, but Po-Metru is the home of carvers/builders. Additionally the GSR needs Metru Nui matoran to all work in order for him to function properly. My main question is how exactly does Po-Metru influence the GSR's functions? Ta-Metru is a forge and I assume could be considered a 'repairs' area, Le-Metru is in charge of the transport, Ga-Metru is the school/memory for 'training', Ko Metru is an observatory place and Onu-Metru is also seemingly like a memory bank of sorts. But what purpose does Po Metru, a place where they craft things in stone, actually have? It seems like if the GBs wanted a place for builders then a better choice would have been 'Fe-Metru', since metal would probably have been a better building material than stone.

Current (still-living) BZRPG Characters:
LITOZEN (Toa of Sonics) SANCHII (Toa of Air)
THENTYLE (Toa of Earth) MALKAN (Ta-Matoran)

CELITE (Turaga of Lightning)

I see...but again, wouldn't metal have made a better choice than stone, hypothetically? And since Matoran weren't intended to have sentience, they wouldn't have needed huts originally, would they?

Current (still-living) BZRPG Characters:
LITOZEN (Toa of Sonics) SANCHII (Toa of Air)
THENTYLE (Toa of Earth) MALKAN (Ta-Matoran)

CELITE (Turaga of Lightning)

They were still biomechanical creatures that needed rest every once in a while. Need for huts doesn't necessarily equal sapience, correct?

The building material was solid protodermis... so it's not rock as such, just the Protodermis equivalent for it. Also, if I remember correctly, Po-Matoran use materials given to them from Ta-Metru. Ta-Matoran create lots of building material from molten protodermis and Po-Matoran use it for building.

Given that the Mata Nui robot needed to adapt to new conditions, new systems and structures would have to be built, and that is what the Po-Matoran did. Stone is a better material for some things, like building huts. But they did use metal and metallic protodermis to build the Vahki, so metal building wasn't out of the question.

Edit: Sorry, ninja'd.

Edited by fishers64

This topic is incredibly ironic because of something I'm doing in that canon-fit history retelling (which I won't spoil further than that :P).

Suffice to say, primary purpose is to put together parts sent from Ta-Metru for more complex objects. Essentially they play the role of the kid who builds with LEGO, while the LEGO company is Ta-Metru. :P Given their hands-on nature that makes sense. Fe-Matoran could have worked, but then the city wouldn't fit the "six main types" thing the GBs set up.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Just a thought I had, the sculptures and what not obviously serve very little physical function, but Metru-Nui being Mata-Nui's 'brain', perhaps Po-metru served to some extent as a creativity centre for his mind. Bit of an odd idea, and I'm not exactly sure how it would even work.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't