• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Dead World Short "Mutt" Made in Blender

Mutt The Dead World Short Lamko Blender

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Offline ToaOfAwesome

ToaOfAwesome
  • Members
  • Toa

• 192 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 23 2013 - 02:37 PM

Okay, so once upon a time I submitted an RPG into the RPG contest and didn't win. The end. Okay, now for a longer story. I took that RPG called The Dead World (which you can still see in the submissions topic in the RPG Forum) and decided to animate the characters from it in Blender. I could't resist the idea of making a movie with them, so to test the idea, I created a short called "Mutt".

So here's a little backstory about this you should read first. In The Dead World, species are able to crossbreed. One of the Factions is the Purebred Faction. This is a group of some of the purebreds that hate crossbreeds and any purebred who doesn't and think that they are superior to them. They invented the derogatory word "Mutt" to describe them, which is up there with the infamous ##### word. Lamko (the star of this show) is a crossbreed between a Zyglak and a Leader Class Skrall (like Tuma). He fought in the Hordika Revolution, in which a group of ten thousand crossbreed slaves rebelled against the Purebred Faction (they owned them), conquered a moon called Iruini Magna, and became the Hordika Faction. Lamko has the word "freedom" burned onto his armor because, although he was too young to fight in the Hordika Revolution at the time, he hates the Purebred Faction terribly.

That said, this video is made with models intended for a possible Dead World MMORPG, so they look pretty videogamey and unrealistic. Also, the writing isn't my best, but once again this is mostly just a test.

Nevertheless I would prefer C&C. Thank you and enjoy.

LINK: https://docs.google....2dTWmpTZ00/edit

Read my epic, The Chronicles of Masuko!

Or my comic, Mackron: The Vulture Warrior!

#2 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Kohrak-Kal Shattered

• 4,758 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Apr 23 2013 - 08:53 PM

Nice 3-D animation. Not sure I exactly like the story premise, but the "mutt" guy pulling a Worf was good, I guess. :shrugs:

Edited by fishers64, Apr 23 2013 - 08:56 PM.

#3 Offline ToaOfAwesome

ToaOfAwesome
  • Members
  • Toa

• 192 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 23 2013 - 09:00 PM

Thanks.

#4 Offline The Malicious Phantom

The Malicious Phantom
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,175 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 23 2013 - 11:28 PM

You know that we're only supposed to use Vimeo for video hosting, right?

#5 Offline ToaOfAwesome

ToaOfAwesome
  • Members
  • Toa

• 192 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 24 2013 - 02:16 PM

I thought we could use other safe sites. This is a Google Doc, and unless something unsafe that is visible to the public is in that person's google docs, it's safe. The only things on my Google Docs that are visible to the public are for this site, so I know they're all safe.

#6 Offline Canis Lycaon

Canis Lycaon
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,320 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 27 2013 - 11:17 AM

I liked it. The animation seemed really good, and the only problem I had was that the character's mouths didn't move. Other than that, very good. Who were the other people in the bar?

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

#7 Offline ToaOfAwesome

ToaOfAwesome
  • Members
  • Toa

• 192 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 27 2013 - 11:18 AM

Well one was obviously the bartender, then there were to other Purebred Officers and some guy who's also the drunk guy at the end.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users