The Voyage of the Requiem IV

IC: #31415

The Iron Toa saw the bot lying on the ground. He said aloud," Watch out for more bots. There's bound to be more," he said.

IC: #00271

#00271 stared in amazement at the mess around her. She stared at the picture first.

There was a female Toa, slim, physically fit, whom she remembered as botha friend and a rivel(OOC: That's #00391). There was a tall but hunchbacked Toa of Fire, and #00271 had put an arm around an Agori sitting on a high chair, whom she remembered as a disciple of the Great Engineer Nuparu.

Wait, who was that? The memory faded away.

She installed the E-Books and holopict into her suit. While waiting, she thumbed through an old and worn copy of a textbook entitled "Advanced Nuparuan Electronics".

She picked up the sphere. It was covered in pale blue lines, zigzagging and intersecting at random poits. At least, seeminlgy random.

She remembered its function to store small objects in an enclosed space, much like a colony deployment ship...

Another memory struck her and feded away. Deployment ship... Ugh, it was gone now.

Finally, the robot. It was bipedial and narrow, but with a few upgrades...

In ten minutes, #00271 had custiomized a sentry bot to bbecome a carrier bot. A circular hole was on its mushroom caped head.

The red eye turned on.

'SENTRY BOT NUMBER E-333 READY FOR DEPLOYMENT."

#00271 happily plopped the sphere into the bot. The circular hole sealed up.

Now, she had her very own modified carrier bot.

She turned back to the locker. She felt... nostalgic, almost as if the locker had been a part of a life she never knew she had, at least, not now.

Sh shovelled the spare parts back in and locked in, but not before pulling out a notebook with her name on it.

She absent-mindedly slotted it inot an open space in E-333.

"Let's go, Threes. The others are waiting."

OOC: The bot looks like the turret bots in the Portal Series, but slightly fatter so it can fit a head-wide sphere into it, no machine guns, and a mushroom cap. It can only follow simple orders. And, if GMs willing, I may fit a sharp stick onto his nose so I can use him as a tiny battering ram.

Edited by Norik The Student

OOC: That would not be an efficient battering ram... but sure. Have a tiny nose. Also, an angry robot.

Also, I'm going to have to retcon out the part about knowing how to fix the sphere. That type of technology is way beyond anything the suits are meant to keep in their records, and wouldn't be a memory you would have surface yet. You'd need to find an old notebook or something... something that might be in the Engineering Deck, behind one of those doors in the picture...

Also, I don't recall mentioning a notebook in the locker. If you wish to take liberties like that which could contain important character information, please consult me first.

[iC-NPC] Sentry Bot E-333

"That's E-333 to you, smeg-head!" the robot called out, stopping 271 in her tracks. She didn't see anything during her reconstruction indicating that complicated of an AI system to speak like that...

"Yeah, you better stop, fatty. Nobody just calls me 'threes' as if I'm meant to have some sort of nickname. Especially after deactivating my main processors and leaving me to rust for a thousand years... or longer. Or shorter. You took out my internal clock, too, you brute."

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC: 655 - Training Deck

The training robot finally lowered its head and stopped moving. The thing was shut down for now, but 655 didn't know for how long. Just to make sure, the Toa of Stone walked over to it and angrily crushed its head in with his foot.

"Piece of scrap..." 655 murmured.

The Po-Toa looked around at the others around him. The Ce-Matoran and the Toa of Iron seemed alright, luckily.

"Do you two know what that sound was?" 655 asked, referring to the loud bang that had occured about a minute ago.

Edited by Shadow Destroyer

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

IC: 7725, Locker Room: Requiem IV

7725 turned the corner to find 271 arguing with a particularly sassy robot. He skipped that approach, figuring he'd let them sort things out themselves.

He continued into the 300's section. Looking down the rows, he saw 306 walking in the opposite direction of the general group. He ran to catch up, nearly bumping into her leg. He tugged on her hand.

"Don't go getting yourself lost, you don't want to end up like that other guy. We might need you to tell us where we are once we get this good ol' party barge up and running."

Edited by Rauta

"There are a thousand ways I could destroy you right now. And 941 of them hurt."

Teridax to Vakama

OOC:Sorry 'bout the delay; an unexpected power outage yesterday made havoc of my schedule.IC: [ 391 ] - Training Area / Kolhii Arena391 powered down her circular saw and deactivated her Kanohi Hau. She felt rather uncomfortable about having done nothing more during the skirmish than circle warily, but then again, she was no warrior. Keeping herself alive and intact was enough to start with. A pity the training 'bot had gone berserk; it was a marvelous piece of engineering.She flinched inwardly as 655 crunched the automaton's intricately-constructed head into scattered fragments beneath his boot, but tried not to let it bother her too much. For one thing, they had more pressing matters to worry about. Like, survival.

IC: 306, Locker room

"Wait, what?" she said. "I was totally going the right way! I'm the navigator, right?"

With a sigh, she looked down at 7725. "I'm sorry. You can tell that I'm not really good with directions. I'm mostly only good with giving information, not following it." She chuckled. "See why we need repairs now?"

Tahu.png

i wanna be the very best

like no one ever was

to catch them is my real test

to train them is my cause

"Perhaps you know the stars better than the ship. Anyway, 686 found a tape with some information on it and 271 appears to be arguing with some sassy robot of hers. I don't know if 400 found anything, but my locker isn't on this floor."

OOC: Oh the irony of a lost navigator.

"There are a thousand ways I could destroy you right now. And 941 of them hurt."

Teridax to Vakama

IC: 913 turned to 337, "We need to get him back to the others."

IC: 337 - Training Deck - Talking:

"I know. Let's get him on his feet," he said, grabbing 819 by one arm, and helping him up to his feet. It seemed that 819 had received the worst of the blast.. hence why 913 and himself could hear, while 819 was still practically deaf.

"I can't exactly tell, but I think the others are done fighting... that, or my hearing isn't fully back yet. Either way, let's get back to the others," he said, making the assumption that they were all still alive.

-Skar

IC: 306, Locker Room

306 smiled graciously. "Maybe." She held out the bottle. "This may be needed in the near future. I'll entrust this to you in the event of something happening to me, but don't worry. I'm keeping it for now, and I'm planning on that until we finish whatever it is we are meant to do here."

Tahu.png

i wanna be the very best

like no one ever was

"Interesting. I'm no expert on chemicals, but I'm sure we can find something for analyzing it."

Teridax to Vakama

IC: 72 (Arena)

As she mulls over what she's just done, the Ce-Matoran walks among the wreckage, picking up valuable items that could be useful later. Both of the strange metal balls are placed in her pack, along with a jagged piece of metal that could be used as a knife, or in her case, a shortsword, some of the wiring from the bot, and its hand.

She's not entirely sure why she takes the hand, but she does.

On her other arm she places the shield the robot had used, now dented on one end. Returning to where the Toa were gathered, she speaks.

"Well, you never know. These look more like sport-training bots. That blast could've come from an overpowered heavy-weapon training bot. I mean, it's doubtful that freakin' lasers were originally that powerful, so.."

She frowns, debating on whether or not to ask them if they had seen the aura. Deciding not to, at least for now, she continues.

"Alright, if we're going to go investigate that blast, we need a way back up. Any ideas?"

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC: 306, Locker Room

She hesitated, finding it difficult to discern her morals from the fact that she was loyal to her past self, of which she had only a letter. With a deep breath, she passed the letter to 7725, before snatching it back. In a long exhalation, she blurted, "I'm not sure whether I should say."

OOC: no seriously i'm not. i guess i really like suspense.

Tahu.png

i wanna be the very best

like no one ever was

"It's fine then. I'm sure you'll find a way to put it to use."

7725 wondered what 400 could have found. He was one row over, but he hadn't heard signs of 400 rummaging through the locker.

OOC: I don't recall 400 ever recovering the contents of his locker. Ah, you've already acknowledged his request.

Edited by Rauta

Teridax to Vakama

IC: 655 - Traning Deck

"I guess I could throw you up there." 655 jokingly told 72.

The Toa of Stone glanced over at 391. She had noticeably winced when 655 had destroyed the robot earlier, and he felt a little bad about it now.

"Sorry about that by the way." He said as he nodded his head towards the destroyed machine. "Guess my instincts got the better of me..."

Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

OOC: Sorry, the lockers kinda made me go inactive as 24601 was a rather high number to be there...

IC - The Bard (24601) - Locker Room Area:

The sound of the Bard's violin broke through 306 and 2257's conversation. The Skakdi was walking along the corridor playing his instrument unthinkingly as he walked towards them.

IC: 686 locker room686 had stayed a little further back from 7725, watching the little robot and 271 go at it.He listened to the conversation between 7725 and 306. When he heard what she had found and her relunctance to reveal what the bottle was and the contents of letter he found himself back on guard. 686 was about to say something when the sound of the Bard's violin cut him off. He scowled at the interruption and continued."Any information we can get about what's going on on this ship benefits the group. You might as well tell us what it is now, Bubbles." 686 said dryly. "Anyways I think maintenance should be our next stop, it was mentioned in my recorder. Also some of you don't have weapons and we might find something useful there." 686 said loud enough to be heard by everyone in the locker room.Honestly the only reason he wanted to there was because it was mentioned his recorder and it was the only lead they had. Plus more supplies never hurt who knows what they would find there.

Edited by Erebus Toa of Darkness

"There was no way that was an ordinary Toa, no Toa killed like this. No Toa fought so mercilessly. This hooded thing had single handedly killed hundreds of his Rahkshi children with twin gleaming swords. No that was no Toa.... that thing was Death himself....

Last thoughts of an unknown Makuta on Toa Erebus

OOC: EDIT: Never mind, the issue was fixed.

[iC-NPC] Sentry Bot E-333; Locker Room

"Of course I can think like that you bio-organic waste. You can't honestly tell me you've forgotten what you did, can you? What you did to the smegging ship!"

The voice of the robot was loud enough that everyone in the Locker Room could hear its voice, especially that last part. What could 271 have done to the ship so much to have upset a sentry robot...

[iC-GM] Locker: 400

The locker which 400 opened had a few points of interest. The most noticeable was that the interior of the locker door, which had a hexagon inside it with the number 4 branded upon it as a massive Matoran sigil. No "00" at the end of anything, just the 4. On the back wall, there was a faded away certificate of rank in regular paper. The section that was still intact read

"The SPSRD Research & Military Branch, under the glorious arms of Mata-Nui, hereby passes up [Cut Off]

rank of Inspector. The proper assignment for this position as assistant to the commander of the 400th [Cut Off]

ship Requiem IV under the command of SPSRD Administrator and most august Captain of the Branch [Cut Off]

along whoever they assigned below them in rank and position. This is a great honor and should be trea [Cut Off]

Military Branch."

There were two canisters, much like the ones that 400 already had, though they seemed to have a few minor examples of damage showing a long history of use and an overall shoddier design. There are a few e-books on botanical subjects and the proper maintenance of hydroponics by one desiring as such.

There was also a mysterious note pinned on the locker, reading "1500, Hydroponics. Don't be late." Below it sat what appeared to be a very, very, very long dead plant - and not, apparently, of the type to keep growing in ones locker. There was another note, which the planter appeared to be resting on and keeping in place. Along with a shiny, golden key.

OOC: Note being PMed over shortly.

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Ooc I think we should address the yelling robot first ;)Ic: 686 locker room686 walked rapidly up to the Toa of Lightning. He punched the locker by 333 getting the Toa's attention thankfully not discharging his gun on impact. "Mind sharing with the group what that tin can is talking about. What exactly did you do the ship?" He growled.

"There was no way that was an ordinary Toa, no Toa killed like this. No Toa fought so mercilessly. This hooded thing had single handedly killed hundreds of his Rahkshi children with twin gleaming swords. No that was no Toa.... that thing was Death himself....

He heard what the robot said. And he froze, expecting more. When he heard the sound of a locker being punched in, he bolted for 271's position. Skidding around the corner, 7725 saw the robot, 271, and a very unhappy 686. He ran up to the robot, both fascinated at its design and terrified at the information it held.

"Look, shouting at 271 won't tell us anything, why don't we let this fine piece of technology continue?"

OOC: Headcanon, 7725 would occasionally get called the wrong number even before the accident that wrecked the ship. That, or everyone on the ship is bad at numbers. lol.gif

Edited by Rauta

Teridax to Vakama

OOC:It's 391, actually, not 271.IC: [ 391 ] - Training Deck / Kolhii Arena"Oh, that's alright." shrugged the female Onu-Toa. "Life trumps mechanics; sometimes you need to make a choice. You did the right thing."

OOC: Sorry, so many numbers here I often get confused!

IC: 655 - Training Deck

"I'm glad you agree." 655 said while smiling. "So... Should we try to get out of here, or should we examine the room down here first?"

IC: 72 (Arena)

"Well, that one," she points to the open door, formerly the door with flickering lights coming from the cracks, "Is where our 'friend' here came from, and looks to be just a closet. Go ahead and look over it more if ya want."

The 'friend' she speaks of is the headless bot, which she gives a small kick as she says 'friend'.

"Dunno 'bout the other one, though."

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC 686: Locker Room"Who's shouting? I'm not shouting." 686 said angrily to the Engineer. "Besides this one knows something." he pointed to the robot. "That this one did. For all we know it could be the reason we are stumbling around on a derelict ship with no memories." He turned back to the Toa of Lightning and the Robot. "Better start explaining rust bucket." he said. "I am low on patience... What did she do to the ship?" OOC: I meant for this post to be longer but break is over.I'm starting to hate 686. Had I known we could have had better advanced weapons I would have gone with the weapon idea I have. And he seems to be channeling my negative energy. Not really whAt I really wanted for him.

IC: [ 391 ] - Training Deck / Kolhii Arena"Seeing as how we're here, we might as well take a quick look around." answered 391. "We probably shouldn't take too long, though; remember that explosion up above? Someone might be in a less-than-comfortable situation."OOC:...referring to the overcharged energy gun, of course.

IC: 03608Personnel DeckHad she been dreaming? Maybe. She couldn't remember.The darkness behind her eyelids was like a blanket, wrapping her snugly, giving her body warmth.There was something missing, something buzzing in the back of her mind like an insect, but she couldn't think of it. Was it important? Perchance it was, but perchance it wasn't. She sought again to remember her dream but could not recollect any. Odd.She expelled air from her lungs in a sigh. What air that replaced the departed breath was not oxygen.Now her eyes snapped open. Mist enveloped her sight. Claustrophobia, fear of the cage, thrashed her limbs; her extremities struck against a crystalline surface, and she cried out and struck the barrier again.GetmeoutgetmeOUT!A crack, a breeze, and the mist was siphoned from her vicinity. She gasped, slumping against one side of the cylindrical glass wall, as the gas thinned to the point where she could view her surroundings.Apart from the crack she must have caused, other fractures spread like a spiderweb across the glass barrier. Beyond it, though outside light was splintered by the fractures, she could see rows of canisters and a metallic floor. She could see no one else.Her heart flared. Claustrophobia returned in a surge; she stepped forward and pounded on the glass barrier with her fists, screaming for help till her throat grew raw.The screaming did nothing, but the pounding did: Under the pressure of repeated blows, it cracked, falling and shattering on the ground. She fell after them before she could catch herself.Open space. She was free. Her heart ceased its palpitations but still trembled with the rest of her body.She rose to her hands and knees, staring not at the ground but through it, to where the answers to her myriad mental questions lay, if only she could untangle them.Her visor suddenly brightened. Text appeared:Initiating startup sequence for ID03608...What? She rolled over and pawed her visor but couldn't brush the words away.Running diagnostics...Diagnostics complete.Launching HUD.The text disappeared -- only to be replaced by more displays that ringed her visor that read things like heart rate, atmospheric constitution, and radiation levels. With their appearance came understanding. She knew these displays like they were long-lost friends. Finally, in an alien environment, she had familiarity.But she was still alone.Alone? -- what's that?No one else like her.There are others?Here she paused. What reasons did she have for suspecting there were others? For all she knew, she was completely alone--No, stupid, the canisters! Right. The canisters. She looked up at them now. They were all the same size as hers; some even had sides broken open like hers had been when she escaped. Disturbances in the debris, mainly glass, suggested footsteps. Whoever had been here, though, was gone, so she turned to examining her suit again.There was a number on her wrist, 03608, and what looked like a retractable syringe attachment, but no other identifying features.The next question to emerge from her mental fog was thus, Who am I?She remained seated for perhaps a minute pondering that question, tracing patterns on the floor with her right index finger.

Edited by Legolover-361

OOC: Sorry, so many numbers here I often get confused!

OOC: That's why I fully encourage you to give embarassing nicknames to the other characters.

@ Erebus; Advanced weapons may look cool, but most of this stuff is just pointlessly flashy. There's also plenty of opprotunity to get better equipment further down the the line, and upgrade abilities on the suits. Don't let what your character has define your character. Your character is who you make them to be.

[iC-NPC] Security Bot E-333; Locker Room

"Oh, you weren't the only one. There were a bunch more of you. I happened to catch you, though, in the Engines. Skulking around down there; getting your grimy bio-mech hands all over everything and messing with the fuse boxes and... stuff. It took me an hour to chase you back down here, and then I told you what I saw. Then you opened me up, you monster, and took all my vital components out and just started tossing them away, leaving me to rust!"

"And you didn't even have the decency to fix my direction navigator! I can't even figure out port and starboard thanks to you!"

OOC: And so the plot thickens?

OOC: Oh, dear, it does.

ANd yes, we should get embarrasing nicknames.

IC: #31415- Kolhii Arena

"I think that if there's a way out, it should be through a sports locker room," The Toa pointed out.

IC: #00271

271 was completely stunned.

"I... destroyed the engines?" she said, eyes wide open. SHe felt a sick feeling in her throat.

"I don't... why would... Why would I do that? I'm not..." she started to hyperventilate.

Her visor opened a screen to tell her that.

She calmed herself down.

"Do you know anything of... why I would do that?" she asked.

[iC-NPC] Security Bot E-333; Locker Room

"Beats me." the robot said. "But there's no way anyone could have done it by themselves. You. Had. Help. Everyone could feel it in the air that something was going on. And all of us androids, well, we got together and we tried to figure it out. But ain't none of you bio-mechs or those meatbag natives that would listen to us. The officers we talked to on shift didn't listen to us. Some of them was in on it, too."

The robot pointed at those present, saying, "I know you all... you was all active duty when the ship went down. Bet a bunch of you lot were involved to you..."

[iC-GM] Personnel Deck; Locker Room 101-1000

The lights in the locker room began cutting off. All of the lights on the lockers that the users had closed went off, sealing everything inside; only those that were open remained as such. Small lightstones in the ceiling kept illuminating the room. E-333 began trembling a bit, with small twitches and jerks. The tiny robot called out, "... power systems draining... powering down for conservation..." before collapsing to the ground, out of energy.

A number of the lightstones began draining as well, and there was the sound of scratching and the striking of metal and flesh against metal, as the room began turning completely dark. There were only a few lights - such as ones from hologramatic images in the lockers and a few hanging in small corners - but that just served to create eerie shadows more than to provide comfort.

A strange sound, definitely that of a living being but not anything that they could recognize, which could be heard just out of the corner of everyone's ears. Something was in the locker room with them...

OOC: yay, stuff to kill!

IC: 608. lockers.

"guys. if you made your way the same way I did, you'll remember that blood trail. I think the thing that made it is back. arm yourselves and get ready to die" he said. "open guns" he spoke to the suit, and the guns in his wrists popped out again.

Previously known as Aiwendil.

IC: 7725, Locker Room: Requiem IV He was stunned and slightly offended at what the robot had to say. What motive would he, a ranked engineer, have for sabotaging the ship? "Now listen here you..." The lights flickered. The robot gave its final commands and slumped to the floor. The lights failed completely. 7725's mind raced for a solution. He heard an unfamiliar voice, though the advice it gave made him feel better about where it came from. He knew 686 and 271 had weapons, but he did not know what the others had. Would 306 be ok? 400? 24601? He needed to find out what he could learn about combat. He tried to turn his HUD on, but the panic made him tap the wrong side of his mask. Instead, a small hatch opened on his mask and a bright light illuminated the area in front of him. He could see 271, 686, the fallen droid, but he could not see the source of the strange and terrifying sound. And when he turned around, he didn't see the rest of the group. OOC: This is the part where he kills us.

Teridax to Vakama

IC: #00271271's mind whirled in confusion. Why would she do that? ANd who would even start it? Why?Then,. the power cut out.The Lighning Toa immediately said,"On Guard!" And flicked the Battery Gun and Blades open. She took a second to scoop the storage sphere out of the dead E-333. She passed it to #306."You don't seem to have weapons. Bash anything that gets you with this," the Engineer said aloud.