Bzprpg - Kini-Nui

Friar Tuck

IC: Veros"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend," I said quietly. "My curiosity got the better of me." I gazed around, taking in the beauty of this sacred place. It was soothing, something I hadn't felt in a long time. I...I've imposed too much on him. He's remembering painful memories that he didn't want to go back to. And all to sate my curiosity."I shouldn't be here." I whispered. "I shouldn't even be alive."

harlock-resizedagain_zps28810351.jpg

Under this flag, I fly in freedom. A space pirate, sailing the sea of stars.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Veros"I remember it well...near-death experiences will do that to you. I was at my worst. I just wanted to die. End it all. I was starving and sleepless. I went out into the wilderness. Can't remember where. All I knew is that I wanted to find a rahi and let it kill me."I took a deep breath and exhaled."I got my wish. A muaka. Not quite what I wanted. I wanted something that could just kill me and get it over with. Like a manas." I grinned inwardly. "I fought that muaka. In my addled state, I wasn't fully aware of what was going on, and before long, I was on the ground, about to die. I welcomed it."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Veros"It failed, yes. Right before I blacked out, I saw someone or something whisk in and take down the muaka. When I woke up, I was back in Ta-Koro, being patched up." I sighed wearily. "Nobody caught a glimpse of who rescued me. All I know that it was a Toa, possibly with a Kualsi."I glanced at Atonal. "I worry. I worry that I might break again. That something will come up, and shatter my will once more. That I might try to kill myself once more. We live in dangerous times. I've seen it in my travels."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Veros"Before we go," I said quietly. "There's something I need to do." I walked around the temple, searching for a rock or a piece of wood. After a few minutes of searching, I found a flat, circular stone. I concentrated, focusing plasma energy into my fingertip, and began to carve into the rock. I carved in a caress of intricate lines, leaving room in the middle where I wrote three words: Remember Kini-Nui. I flipped the rock over and finished carving the lines on the backside. I let the rock cool before slipping it into a pouch on my belt.

BZPRPG Profiles

OOC: I've been meaning to write this for the longest...IC:“Begin”Vidar stepped into the large, obstacle-decorated room. The area was dimly lit, but the Dark Toa of Air hardly noticed now. When Vidar had walked several feet into the room, he lowered his stance and began to creep, eying his surroundings and while silently taking in the air. His nose analyzed each inhale that entered his nostrils, searching for the correct aroma. Plants and other objects emitted smells as well, making things a little more complicated for the Toa. Still, Vidar crept forward. He then began to focus on his armor, his new spiked armor that covered his shins, arms, chest, and back. The Dark Toa couldn’t help but notice that the armor somewhat resembled Rahkshi armor… probably because it was Rahkshi armor at one time -- melted, formed, and enhanced to fit Vidar’s body type. It was designed to be as durable as possible without weighing the Toa down. Vidar was a hunter, and a dweller of the trees; his swiftness is what made him what he is.The Toa could see all that was around him; all four corners of the room were visible to him, and sitting against them were various ferns and plants. Greenery decorated the room, all were native to Le-Koro and Vidar would name each type. He was still closer to a rope-covered wall than he was to the center of the room, and a mound of dirt gave him a little bit of elevation. Taking into account the air around him, Vidar noticed a subtle feeling on his left side.Somewhere in front of him, his target had rushed by. Vidar did three backflips – Vidar had taken note of the distance of his flips, and since he had been glancing to his right and eying the ground as well, he had calculated that three backflips were needed to reach the wall behind him.His calculations were correct and he quickly began climbing the ropes that lined the wall. As he predicted, a knife had shot from the right end (his right) of the room, near the middle. Vidar easily jumped to the side, grabbing on to the ropes again to dodge the knife.Now, Vidar knew exactly where his target was, and where it’d likely go. While the target was under a canopy, Vidar could see through it enough just to be able to tell if ground was below it or just more greenery. The difference in vegetation suggested that the target attacked from a corner in the path through the bushes, meaning that it could either go back the way it came, or turn and go forward, towards Vidar.The target was trying to hunt down Vidar, and despite Vidar having the high ground, he did in fact have to have at least one hand attached to the ropes at all times, giving the ground dweller a slight advantage, enough to justify an offensive.His left arm like lightning, Vidar grabbed a javelin from his back and hurled it to the middle of the path between the bushes. He did not expect to hit the target, but he did expect the target to take this opportunity to throw another knife, since Vidar’s arm was still extended and his other arm was attached to the ropes. He was right, and a second knife flew from the shrubs. Vidar carefully loosened his grip on the ropes and slid down the wall a few feet, grabbing onto the ropes again with both hands.A constraint in this exercise (in most of Vidar’s exercises, actually) was that Vidar could not use his mask power. He also wasn’t allowed to use his elemental powers. Vidar could actually understand the logic in that. Most Toa on this island relied on such feats, preferring them over practical combat and hunting skills. As he had observed with Ronkshou, having strong practical fighting skills alongside one’s elemental prowess provided quite an advantage in combat.Vidar let go of the ropes again and landed comfortably on the ground. He then bolted into the bushes, adroitly taking note of the rustling of leaves left behind by the pursued pursuer. The Dark Toa then took out his staff and used the bladed end to get through the wall of greenery. He calmly turned to his right to see the Rahkshi of Shapeshifting, masquerading as a pedestrian-looking Toa of Fire, skid to a halt. Vidar wasted no time and whirled his staff around, shooting the clawed end forward and catching the “Toa” by the neck. Vidar tightened the claw until the Toa transformed into its native Rahkshi form. Once Vidar relinquished his grip, the Kraata quickly fled from its cracked and otherwise damaged suit of armor, slithering back into the shadows.“Excellent work,” the voice said again. Vidar turned around to see Ronkshou approach him.“Thank you,” replied the Dark Toa of Air, “Now that you have bore witness to my feat, now will you decide if I’m ready?”Ronkshou crossed his arms and appeared to go deep into thought. Vidar put his staff away and tried to appear calm. For weeks, Vidar had been doing these exercises. It wasn’t until recently that Vidar realized the true tests weren’t in evasion or discovering of an enemy, but in how fast Vidar could disarm them once they were found.“Vidar,” Ronkshou said, “I’ve decided that you are indeed ready to join us again. You have proved yourself to be a worthy servant of Makuta once again”Vidar let out a sigh of relief. Finally, he was to go back out there and-“Come with me,” Ronkshou said, breaking Vidar’s train of thought, “There is much to discuss”Ronkshou made his way to the ancient double doors, followed by a curious Toa of Air. Once they were outside the room, they continued down a hallway. After taking one left turn followed by two right turns, Vidar looked behind them and noticed that three Rahkshi had begun creeping behind them, as if caught between the command of secrecy and audacity. Vidar looked forward again, the only thing before him was a door with a symbol on it…… a closer look revealed everything to Vidar. Like a sucker-punch to the gut, Vidar instantly felt a sense of unease. He knew what was beyond those doors.“Why are we going in there?” Vidar stopped in his tracks and asked Ronkshou. The three Rahkshi kept moving, however, and Vidar soon found both his arms restrained by the tall reptilian creatures. Ronkshou also continued walking forward, not responding to Vidar. Instead, the Infected Toa pushed the door open, revealing a dimly lit, red-tinted chamber.In the center sat a single pool, inside it a single slug-like creature – a Parakuka.“We have trained you and helped you to finally be at your very best,” Ronkshou said as Vidar tried in vain to escape the clutches of his Rahkshi guards.Vidar found himself being drug through the door into the chamber as Ronkshou continued to speak.“Now that you are at your peak, all that is needed is one final modification,” Ronkshou said with a tone as devious as the Makuta’s, “Think about it, Vidar. Heuani had his Light removed, revealing powers that his enemies wish they had. I wear what the Matoran call an ‘Infected’ Kanohi, granting me strength and speed that rivals the most powerful warriors of Mata Nui. But what do you have, Vidar? What about you makes you a true servant of Makuta, and not just a hunter who has lost his way, like a Parakuka without a host?”Vidar gulped, struggling to grasp for words as the Rahkshi guards’ grips tightened around his arms. The pool was dug into the around, making it easy for his captors to throw him in. Ronkshou circled the pool and stood on the opposite side, looking forward to Vidar.“What about my loyalty?” Vidar stuttered, “What about all I have done?!”“What have you done, Toa of Air?” Ronkshou asked, “The Tamaru mission was a success, but only with the help of unlikely allies. The Hafu mission was a similar situation. And you did not succeed in killing any of the other members of the Chronicler. You left Heuani and I to complete your duty because you disappointed the Makuta”Vidar was now standing at the edge of the pool. The slimy, shelled creature swam about inside. From its appearance, it appeared to be an older Parakuka.“The Makuta wanted a different fate for you, but I came up with a better plan,” Ronkshou said, “I’m giving you a second chance”Abruptly, the Rahkshi shoved Vidar into the pool. Like iron to a magnet, the Parakuka made a bee-line to the back of Vidar’s skull. Water splashed about as the creature latched onto the servant of Makuta. Because this Parakuka was older, the lacerations were larger and the pain was greater.Ronkshou knew that as much as Vidar did not want to listen to the Infected Toa’s words… Vidar was indeed listening, for it sounded much better than the screeching Parakuka or the howling Toa.“Now,” Ronkshou said. He raised his voice over the screams and splashes created by almost in-shock Vidar, “Nothing will stand in your way. I have watched the people of this island, I’ve noted the events of the Rama Hive Assault and other battles, and I’ve taught you everything I know about fast and efficient combat”“Mark my words, Vidar. When that Parakuka is activated, no Toa, Vortixx, or Skakdi who fights for Mata Nui will be able to defeat you”Deep, bellowing laughter raced to the walls of the chamber and bounced off, as if the sound itself was trying desperately to escape the horrors that took place here. Vidar continued in vain to escape. He extended a clawed arm onto the side of the pool and tried to hoist himself up…------------------Vidar jolted himself from his bed, sweat beads dripping down his head and back. For the first time in nearly a century, the servant of Makuta found himself short of breath. The vision that remained in his head continued to haunt the Dark Toa. Was this what the Makuta was planning? Is this why Vidar has been going through all of these training sessions?Vidar turned around and planted his feet on the cold stone floor. Sounds from beyond his chamber’s walls suggested that morning had come. The Toa then shook his head, hoping to cast the images out. That dream was irrational… wasn’t it? That or the Great Spirit was more desperate than ever to get Toa to fight for him. If the latter was the case though, Vidar might have cause to be at least a little concerned.Vidar rose from his hard bed with renewed vigor that gradually coursed through his veins like many tiny streams that went through Le-Wahi. He still felt mentally drained however, and he put his hands on both sides of his head.That is when Vidar realized that whatever was on his face was not the custom-forged Miru that he was acquainted with.After bolting out of his room to the nearest pool of water, Vidar stumbled and skidded to his knees, sliding towards the pool that was roughly the size of Vidar’s head.He looked over into the pool and saw the horror that he had become. OOC: Picture's an approximation, as always. Will edit the Vidar's profile later.

Edited by Emzee

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

OOC: Invoking 12-hour privilege. IC: Vidar sat upon a stone inside a primitive, dusty warm room with the Makuta’s lair. Across from him sat Ronkshou, resting upon a stone table. Vidar had just spent the last two days resting after undergoing a transformation to horrifying that it even disturbed a servant that casually murdered several Matoran.Vidar was simply staring at his palms – they were foreign to him now. Gray, metallic claws that resembled the limbs of Rahkshi.This is not my body, Vidar thought. However, a poke to his spine often reminded him that this was, in fact, his natural form now. The Parakuka comfortably remained on Vidar’s back, and it seemed to be giving him positive… if not encouraging, vibes while being attached to his spine. This Parakuka was slightly more mature than most that were attached to beings, and it seemed to be better at communicating to the Toa than most creatures.“Why…” Vidar said, looking up at Ronkshou, “I did everything I could do impress the Makuta and keep Le-Wahi under his control. My best wasn’t good enough?”“Far from it,” Ronkshou said matter-of-factly, “I’ll be frank, Vidar. My orders were to kill you. You were no longer a use to the Makuta – your insipid work had forced him to play his hand early, for you would have surely been killed at the Rama Hive. Had you been in the state you are now at the hive, no one would have been able to stop you”“Or at least, not for ten minutes,” Vidar snarked. He wasn’t sure if Ronkshou realized that Vidar knew everything there was to know about these creatures, including all of their strengths and all of their weaknesses.“With the combat and hunting skills that you’ve already spent months improving, ten minutes with your Parakuka fully activated can kill off an entire village’s Guard,” Ronkshou said in a slightly uplifting tone, “Of course, you’d be dead afterwards, but that’s still extremely impressive. Just do the math – five minutes would kill off half of a village’s Guard”“And I’d barely be able to move for the next 24 hours once deactivated,” Vidar replied.“You’re useful to the Makuta again,” Ronkshou said, his encouraging tone now gone, “Which means, you live”There was a moment of bitter silence between the two Dark Toa. Vidar hated the situation, and Ronkshou hated the notion that he had to care about the situation. Finally, Vidar broke the silence.“Ronkshou, did you factor in the Toa in those Guards or did you just assume all Matoran?” asked Vidar.Ronkshou paused for a moment. “Hypothetical of course,” the Infected Toa said, saving face, “Our plan for you is much more specific… and easy”“What’s the plan?” asked Vidar.Ronkshou rose off the table. Dust crept up as his armored feet landed on the stone floor, “I don’t know. Echelon and the rest of the followers may need your help, you may be called upon to recover the lost Artifacts, or it may be something completely different. We must wait for debriefing. I’m about ready to depart from this dark chamber myself”Vidar wanted to be concerned about this, but once again, the creature on his back gave him reassuring and encouraging thoughts.Slowly but surely, Vidar began to start liking the Parakuka.

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

• 2 weeks later...

IC: Utu - Kini-Nui

The Toa's eyes flickered, trying to brush the snow from his blue eyes. Stepping slowly in the deep snow, head on into the blizzard that ravaged the small village, The Toa lowered his head, but kept his eyes up, watching the passersby with caution. Howling, the wind whipped snow in out of Toa, all ice beings. To his right he heard some crying, weak calling. He stopped in the crowded street and turned his head, mushing the eyes of the Garai closer together to make out what was the source of the noise.Curled up in a ball, an old Toa lay against the side of a shop, weeping softly to himself. A group of Toa surrounded him, some taunting him, others packing what appeared to be the old Toa's belongings into a bag. He was naked and bore no weapon to defend himself. The Toa thought for a moment about the implications of this hurting being before him. He knew he would not be killed, there was nothing of worth to take from him; so he was safe. Yet The Toa looked on with no pity nor apathy in the cold expression of his.When one would look into the old Toa's eyes, they might see pain, desperation, or a helpless look. But when The Toa made eye-contact with the naked one, there was only fear.One of the old man's assailants turned around, clearly not caring that he had just beat and stripped a man in the middle of the street, he looked at the young Toa who's eyes were fixated to the old man's gaze, "Hey!"The fear in the old man's eyes seemed to fade behind the tears, and they were hypnotic to The Toa, and he ignored the shout."Hey kid!" Finally The Toa looked away from the fear, and to the one that was shouting to him, "You some kind of hero?" The attacker taunted playfully. The simple notion of the word 'hero' was a sort of taboo in this village. Decency was spat on, and anything that seemed like good intentions was usually just a mask for ulterior motives. And when you were threatened by somebody bigger than you, and somebody with more friends than you; surviving meant knowing when to walk away, and knowing when to go for the jugular. Heroes didn't know the difference.And The Toa was no hero.Utu Kotore shook his head and continued on his way, holding the bag tight to his chest to protect it and to send the message to onlookers it was his.He walked carefully through the cold street, his worn boots doing little to keep the snow away from his feet. The cold didn't bother him much, the problem was that the snow in his boots would melt, soaking the insoles. It was a trivial thing really, but it still bothered him. If not the mushy feet, the fact his father; who was a shoemaker, refused to get the young Toa new footwear. And Utu knew it wasn't to make him stronger, or to help him build character, not to teach him to forget about the little things.It was because his father didn't think of Utu any higher than he thought of dirt.His mother was no better, and neither was his brother. They either didn't care, or took part in the mocking and degrading of him with no restraint. Public, or private, there was no safe place to be. Not for his body, not mentally, and not spiritually. All he knew was this village and it's people. Even in his dreams he could not escape.The small Toa of ice clutched to the supplies his father sent him for. Just some leather and different fabrics, really, nothing special. But all the same, Utu held onto it as though it were his own life. He knew the shoemaker would not hesitate to strike him down if he lost his supplies. His sister never reaped the benefits of that foresight, instead, she was killed.Utu saw what had remained of her, and he didn't want to end up like that. So he did his best to keep his mouth shut, not to ask stupid questions, and most importantly try to prove himself to his spiteful family and the village.A larger Toa bumped into him, almost causing the leather and fabrics to fly from his hands. Utu growled at the large being, who responded with a stern look. Utu backpedaled sadly but angrily, continuing on his path home to an unwelcoming and dangerous family.

Utu stopped at the edge of the clearing, gazing at the temple before him intensely. His angered gaze did not shift from the mystical structure that stood before him. It reminded him much of the temple in the Kumu-Islets, it reminded him of the lie he made himself believe. That his destiny lay with his Mark of Fear at the temple it was conceived.Tank may not have been wrong, but so was Utu. His head tilted very slightly, varying only a couple degrees, his eyes static to the Kini-Nui. Utu stepped forwards. He had to show them. He had to prove them wrong. Utu, Toa of ice, was going to do what nobody else could.That Toa of Shadow was special in his own right. He seemed to have some connection to the Master of Shadows, if not in power, in presence. Karz, as far as Utu knew, that Toa was the Makuta. Now, getting Dorian to walk away wasn't too difficult, Dorian has never had problems walking away from Utu, but the way he followed him. Utu couldn't quite put his finger on it. However charismatic and charming the dark Toa was, there was more to it than a simple spectacle of presence. Utu felt it when Dorian waltzed away with his new friend, and away from the only Toa on the island that shared a vision with him.Maybe he was over thinking it. It could've been simply that Dorian knew the Toa previously, or he might be acting under him. Then again, maybe Dorian made a deal with him in exchange for his life back even if it was in a different body.It would be just like Dorian to affiliate with the devil.Utu stopped in front of the temple. There was always an air of eeriness in this place. And if it wasn't Makuta in the Mark temple, which might explain the Shadow Toa's presence, he'd have to run some kind of influence from somewhere. And although Makuta may not be at this temple as well, the fact that his worshipers seemed to favor stabbing sacrifices in the chest on it's platform seemed like it might be significant to somebody who wants to get his attention. Or the attention of his circle of friends.If the Master of Shadows has friends.Utu stopped at the foot of the Kini-Nui, looking up the stairs with eyes that shifted from a scowl to a more calm and commanding look. He lifted his arms, spreading them wide. Turning in place he called out to the trees and structure around him."I know you're watching me!"He scanned the area with intense eyes."I know you're listening to my words! A power, unlike any other lives here. This place reeks of raw strength. And I can feel it upon me."His voice echoed across the clearing, booming through the trees and mountains that surrounded the Kini-Nui."I come with an offering to you!"Utu scrutinized, looking for any sign or response. He had to do this. He could do this. He was different. Not some dirt, not some errand boy, not some punching bad, not a weak Toa attempting to make his father proud, not a worthless being void of any potential or purpose. Not some mediocre-run-of-the-mill antagonist in a fairy tale. He was special. And he, Utu Kotore, Toa of Fear was going to do what nobody else could to prove it."-My service and servantry to the Master of Shadows, and his people!"Utu was going to summon the Dark Toa.

Edited by We Are Legion

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC:"It is accepted with all weight and bind of strong chains in the ocean," said a languid voice behind Utu. Utu wheeled around, but saw nothing. "How useful you will be, however, remains to be seen.""Where are you?" Utu called out, seeing nothing. "Does it matter?" The voice laughed back. "You called, and most politely. I am only acknowledging that request." The voice seemed to come from everywhere, bouncing up and down the trees like a disembodied echo. Utu followed where he sensed it with his eyes, turned in a circle quickly - and tried to suppress his shock upon seeing a dark, beautiful figure where there had formerly been empty air. "You know, you are allowed to breathe," Heuani said with a knowing smile. Utu found that he had been holding his breath, and let it out slowly. Heuani's grin only widened."Most people who swear themselves to my master do so in the safety of their homes, or a far-off battlefield," Heuani went on, striding closer with catlike paces and gesturing to the temple behind him. "To do so in his full presence, and as boldly as you have, doesn't give a lot of wiggle room. I should hope you meant your oath seriously - there's no backing out now."

test2.png

IC: Utu - Kini-NuiUtu blinked a couple times before tearing his eyes away from the Toa of Shadow that stood before him. He reached down to his sleeve and lifted it, the Mark pulsing with his heartbeat, the deep dark purple lighting from the center to it's edges softly declared the Toa of ice's exclusiveness. It made him different from the others. This was something Utu had hoped would give him an edge in this affirmation of his being to Makuta.He felt choked, and quickly cleared his throat silently before looking back to Heuani, "I thought Makuta could use a Toa of fear in his ranks."Utu dropped the sleeve and stood up straight again. It had been a while since he had a good look at the Toa, and even back at the temple, he never got too close. Utu stood to his full height, not to indicate his power, but his assertion to the cause he wanted to be a part of. Utu towered over Heuani, but he felt small standing before him. The simple air about Makuta's servant simply reeked of power, precise, destructive, yet engaging power. It was the kind of strength and presence Utu could immerse himself in. No longer wasting his attention on the aptitude in front of him, but spending it on the Toa. Investing on the being he succeeded in summoning.He responded respectfully, "The power I wield belongs to Makuta, something I should have recognized a long time ago. It took almost losing it and coming back from the grave to realize I was destined to lead Makuta's people to victory," he paused, "If his people will have me."

| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC:"Forgive me for not being impressed," Heuani said, drawing close and examining the mark himself. Utu felt his spine tingle as Heuani lifted his sleeve. "I forget exactly what value these tattoos have." This was only partly a lie; Heuani knew what a Mark meant, of course, but the Toa of Shadow had also watched the downfall of most of the Mark Bearers, and was unsure if their unusual powers had died on that day. He wondered if Utu would make a liar of himself, or more interestingly still hold some of his ability.

test2.png

IC: Utu - Kini-NuiUtu almost cringed when his sleeve was lifted. It pulsed slightly faster than usual, maybe it was his heartbeat, or maybe he himself was becoming increasingly fearful of Heauni. Either way, it didn't matter. He knew what he could do, and he knew what he couldn't do, and that was what the conversation was currently about.Hopefully."I don't expect you to find my powers any more impressive than your own or your Master's especially," he attempted to read the chiseled face carefully, only half succeeding. It was clear Heauni was enjoying the interaction. Maybe it was out of interest for the Toa of ice, maybe the boldness of his entrance to the Kini-Nui. Or more likely, some sick joke Utu wasn't in on. Past that, it was unreadable, "But this Mark has only proven useful to me over the years, and I'm sure it will continue to do so."Utu suddenly felt compelled to close his eyes and activate the Mark, but thought better of it. Preferring not to close his eyes with Heauni in front of him, "And I know how to use it."

| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC: Utu - Kini-NuiThere was no fear here.No, there was, there had to be. He had to prove himself to Heauni. He had to prove himself to Makuta. If there wasn't any fear, he was going to have to make some. And it wasn't going to be had from the Toa of Shadows. He looked around, knowing full well that whatever reason he would have not to use his Mark would be seen only as an excuse.Fear. What do I fear?

Utu placed the leather and fabrics on the table carefully as not to disturb the quite work of the massive Toa before him, "Your supplies."Harrow made no effort to commend Utu for his small success., instead he simply picked up the bag and looked inside to ensure what he had sent his son to do was completed. Harrow, placed the things Utu had brought him back down again, not saying anything; instead resuming his work.Utu bit his lip, his light blue eyes averting to a corner in the room. He brought up the courage to say what he had wanted to say whenever he completed a task. This frightened him greatly, deep down, he knew the possible repercussions that would come from questioning Harrow, "Well?" Harrow stopped, looking up from a boot he turned around to face Utu with disdain and resentment etched across his face, "I feel that after all these years, helping you pay for food, running errands, and being unquestioningly loyalty to you; I think I deserve some recognition."Harrow didn't say anything at first, he just sat there hunched with a confused look on his face. He chuckled to himself, muttering as he turned back around again."Harrow-"Harrow turned around and stood up, his rough voice projecting in such a way that it filled the room, "You will address me as father-""I think I deserve some recognition."Harrow, angered by the outburst of his offspring, and elated with the notion of such a thing as thanking or 'recognizing' Utu, spoke quietly turning around again, "Nobody as pathetic as you deserves any recognition."

The very idea of losing what set him apart from others was enough to bolster his Mark. He closed his eyes quickly, rolled them back and breathed in. Shuddering slightly as they opened again, Utu rolled his shoulders back, the Mark of Fear glowing upon his arm, his eyes glowing a deep dark purple, shining through his mask.He didn't look at Heauni again, instead he looked to his hands, "Got something heavy?"

| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC:Heuani saw the mark ignite on Utu's arm, and that sufficed for the Toa of Shadow to know that the Mark of Fear still bore power. But Heuani wanted to see more; contrary to what any knowledgeable person should do upon seeing a Mark Bearer in their element, Heuani actually drew closer to Utu, sliding Utu's sleeve back down as he did so. "There are trees all around," Heuani purred, neutralizing the height difference between him and the other Toa by forcing Utu to bend down and hear him better. "Why don't you uproot one."

test2.png

IC: Utu - Kini-NuiUtu looked up, any Pakari user could uproot a tree. He'd prefer more of a challenge. Not to impress himself but to express the possible strength he could wield. But that didn't seem like it was going to happen any time soon.The massive Toa of ice dared to look Heauni in the eyes briefly in an attempt to read him again, the reflection of Utu's glowing iris's shining in the Shadow Toa's. Again, he saw nothing but an amusement. Utu pulled away from Heauni, creating another height barrier.The Bearer of Fear rolled his head slightly, enjoying the high as he took a step closer to a tree. He reached down powerfully, slamming his hand into the ground, feeling his entrance into the earth below, his fingers scanning for a hold on his target. He gripped a tree root with one hand and pulled. A second of struggling occurred as the tree started to slide and churn though the ground, it's many deep roots fought to keep it in the earth. Utu reached down with his free hand and gripped a second root next to the first one. Utu reared back and pulled, ripping the tree from it's home.Utu planted his back leg onto the grass and tensed his leg.Utu threw the tree by it's roots in a swinging motion, slamming it into more of it's kind. All in one swift movement, the tree was out of the ground and 10-20 meters away, Heauni sidestepped the flying tree expertly and with a non-nonchalant attitude, narrowly missing the trajectory of the considerable plant.Utu stood up to his full height again, wearing a neutral expression on his face, "The power increases when fear increases. Theoretically, I could uproot a Koro."

Edited by We Are Legion

| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC:"I like 'theoretically,'" Heuani mused, "But 'actually' is better. Perhaps you are as powerful as you say, perhaps not; however, what you've demonstrated is satisfactory enough." The Toa of Shadow approached the downed tree, running his hand through its thinner roots. He paused, nodded as though listening to something. "Tell me, Utu," Heuani said, pacing back towards the tall Toa of Ice, "What sort of experience do you have as a hunter?"

Edited by Nuju Metru

test2.png

IC:"Good," Heuani replied, another smile breaking onto his handsome face. Utu found the corners of his mouth tugging inexorably upward, too. Utu found this happiness inside him to be unnerving. "Our master would like for you to locate and apprehend a certain group of Matoran, and bring them to him alive. Surely that is not outside the powers of your expertise."

test2.png