Brown stuff on old sets in the attic...?

I had left my sets in the attic for years, and recently after taking them out...there's a brown goo-ish looking stuff on some of them. It isn't mold (i dont think), it looks more liquid than solid, and i can really only compare it to if i had left spilled coke on them for a really long time. It appeared on figures in different bins, but they were all in the same attic. Could it be harmless wood stain? Additional info is that it's very, VERY hot in said attic.

Some of my Bionicle pieces have a sort of rust-like material on them, but that's probably because they were all kept together in big bins inthe basement along with a few other things, some of which had batteries. I tend to think that it is corrosion from the batteries after being left in the basement for several years. Of course the pieces themselves can't rust because they are plastic, and the stuff comes off when you rub it.

I don't know if that helps, but perhaps it is something similar?

iNRDRQK.png?1

DANMAG!

BZRPG Profiles

some of my pieces have this too. I thought it was weird. I washed all my sets recently and packaged them in bags before putting them into bins. maybe you should try something similar.

can't help though since I have no idea what it was.

Edited by -Whiplash-

Gamers rise up, not down

• 2 weeks later...