The Legend of Zelda

Just A Dot

Kinda surprised there is no live topic on the series right now.

I shouldn't have to explain what The Legend of Zelda is. It's a frickin' awesome series with great characters, memorable music, decent stories, and fantastic gameplay. What's not to like?

So, I'm basically creating this topic so we can all discuss anything Zelda. Whether it be your favorite piece of music (Farewell King Hyrule), or your favorite shipping pair (MALINK FOREVER!), or how much you hate the official timeline, or even your favorite color rupee, feel free to discuss it here with all the other Zelda fans.

To ignite a discussion, what are some of your favorite and least favorite games? My favorites are The Adventure of Link, Link's Awakening, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and The Wind Waker. My least favorite games would have to be the original Legend of Zelda (go ahead, hate me, but that game is awful), The Minish Cap, and Skyward Sword. I'm on the fence as to whether or not I liked Twilight Princess, and I'm pretty meh on the rest of the games.

Zelda games I've played: LoZ, Ages, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess, and Four Swords: Anniversary Edition.

I like OoT slightly better than TP, only because I have the Wii version of TP and hate the controls. Next is a tie between Ages and Four Swords, then Majora's Mask (I never have enough time (in the real world, not the game) to spend getting past the first dungeon), and LoZ just didn't age well. At all.

I've played all the Zelda games except for the DS games and the Four Swords games.My favorite is hands-down Majora's Mask, although I also love Link's Awakening and Skyward Sword.Least favorite is a three way tie between Twilight Princess and the Oracle games.There's no way I can narrow down a favorite song, I think Wind Waker has most of my favorites, between Dragon Roost, and Molgera's Theme.I do love Fi's theme as well.What are some of your favorite bosses? Wind Waker's Ganondorf fight is probably my favorite.

jlovfkk.jpg

I've beaten them all except the original, oracles, Spirit Tracks and link's awakening

Well, My favorite game is a link to the past with majora's mask as a close second.

Actually recently, after completing the game (majora's mask), I challenged myself do help everyone and do like most of the side quests in one cycle. I pretty much did everything except getting the stray fairies and help dampe in the graveyard, but that was because I was an cool dude and skipped the rest of the night of the first day after saving the ranch from aliens, otherwise I could've gotten the snowhead temple's stray fairies done.

I can beat ALTTP is 3-4 hours now. I found a rom hack of it, which made the game have a master quest version and I love it. My friend really got mad while playing it though. I hope more games get the master quest treatment.

And really don't like skyward sword.

I'm very much looking forward to a link between worlds. Looks awesome..... Except for the whole "Item Meter" thing.

My favorite boss would have to be either the helmorac king or the ganondorf fight from TP. I loved the ganon boss battle and then the horse fight, that was freaking awesome.

My favorite song would HAVE to be the upside-down stone tower temple theme. that's just great.

In case you couldn't tell, Zelda is my favorite game series of all time.

Edited by -Whiplash-

Gamers rise up, not down

I've only played Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, both of which I've enjoyed thoroughly (TP on the Gamecube, so the controls were more intuitive). And I definitely have to say that Medli's Earth Lyric is my favourite. So soft, on that harp of hers. I just finished WW again yesterday, so the experience is fresh and it was wonderful.

I'm sorta new to the Legend of Zelda, but I played Twilight Princess but haven't beaten it yet. My favorite tool would be the Double Clawshot. Make's me feel like doing a Spider-Man. I also like using Epona.

-Tomdroidser

Featuring: Arkham Firefly/The LEGO Movie Quiz

Now Entering: The Rise of DarkSaber
Two personal thanks to Black Six for Proto Boost.
(Expired) Topics: HF MOC BBC #69 Entry: Jaller Inika Rebuilt 

There is no such thing as perfection, except in being yourself.kanohi_avkama.gif

I'm sorta new to the Legend of Zelda, but I played Twilight Princess but haven't beaten it yet. My favorite tool would be the Double Clawshot. Make's me feel like doing a Spider-Man. I also like using Epona.

-Tomdroidser

That's actually a good game to start with, because if you started with any other one, coming into TP would be a major turn away because of the dreadful first 13 hours of gameplay. But since you hadn't played any others, it was new to you, and didn't slow you down or prevent you from enjoying the rest of the game, which is pretty well put together outside of the City in the Sky dungeon (I HATED that place).

-Tomdroidser

That's actually a good game to start with, because if you started with any other one, coming into TP would be a major turn away because of the dreadful first 13 hours of gameplay. But since you hadn't played any others, it was new to you, and didn't slow you down or prevent you from enjoying the rest of the game, which is pretty well put together outside of the City in the Sky dungeon (I HATED that place).

What I didn't like (apart from City in the Sky) was the fishing. I can't get a hang of it.

-Tomdroidser

Featuring: Arkham Firefly/The LEGO Movie Quiz

Now Entering: The Rise of DarkSaber
Two personal thanks to Black Six for Proto Boost.
(Expired) Topics: HF MOC BBC #69 Entry: Jaller Inika Rebuilt 

There is no such thing as perfection, except in being yourself.kanohi_avkama.gif

-Tomdroidser

What I didn't like (apart from City in the Sky) was the fishing. I can't get a hang of it.

-Tomdroidser

I don't remember fishing at all outside of the awful tutorial (can you tell I hated it?) and catching that one fish before the mountain area. I've not 100%ed the game, nor do I intend to, but I can't think of any other time I actually used fishing. Probably the only other thing I didn't like was combat as the wolf, because I kept nearly throwing myself off course with those somewhat ridiculous lunges he did.