Thoughts on Kai's Fire Mech

Kanakalackin

Well, I would say it is well worth it. It's just a cheap little set and a great way to get the new Ninjago swords and Kai's latest suit. The design is actually really good for a smaller set (even though I rebuilt mine into a dragon dropship :D) and posability is great.Piece-wise, it's pretty standard. The only things that shine are Kai's new suit, the (epic) new fire sword, the 3 angled 2x1 3-bar connector pieces (the claw attachments), 2 of the new upside down 2x2 flat pieces, Exo-Force 2x2x1 ball joint connectors, and assorted odds and ends. Really, I think it's worth it just for Kai and the fire blade.

Yeah, there's lots of gold. 3 ninja swords, 3 2x2 round plates, 5 1x1 slopes, 6 Exo-Force robot arms, 4 of the new Ninjago blades (the ones that look like night sticks), 1 gold telescope, 1 1x1x1 cone, 3 round 1x1 plates, and 2x2 round slopes. So, lots of gold. :D

Bright Red 3M Hero Factory shells and Black 5M Hero Factory C-beams are not bad parts. The minifigures are excellent designs, and the fire blade is a very stylish weapon. The mech itself seems to have a decent range of articulation and a very stylish design — it's one of Mark Stafford's designs, and sometimes it seems like anything he touches turns to gold.I'd say if you can afford Kai's Fire Mech and aren't saving up for one of the larger Ninjago sets, go for it!