BZPRPG - Ta-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC:

"No offense, Saeva, but I'm less conspicuous. I'll handle this one."

Red casually drew his wallet and twirled it between his index and forefinger - before purposefully letting it slip out of his hand. Leather skipped along the floor, up towards the counter, and the Toa of Earth took a mountainous breath.

Before fixing his Bo-Toa counterpart with a stony glare.

"goooooooooood, Salvajemono!" THWACK! "Leave it to a monkey to monkey around."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: The world turned sharp. Clear. Definite.

Everything Salvajemono's current mindest was not.

Bursting forward with explosiveness his lanky frame belied, the enraged Bo-Toa cocked a fist back, staring a hole in Redhot's face

And trying to pound it right off of his skull.

----------------------------------------------------------

IC: Jol's nostrils flared, his eyes looked up, and his ears tuned into the surrounding air.

...One thing, and one thing alone set him off like this, and he could hear the telltale sounds of a brawl from behind them.

"Ma'am. I think there's somethin' back there I oughta deal with."

helo frens

-==IC: Elly==-

Elly touched her finger to her chin once again, as she used her powers to hear the brawl a bit better. "I believe I hear a pitiful monkey, trying to catch the attention of others. I could go investigate~" She said with a smirk, feeling like this could be... good.

IC:

THUUUUUUUNK

Erzu's fist fit almost perfectly between the Toa of Earth's boyish cheekbone and handsome jawline. The swing itself, and the momentum behind it, were textbook Crucible, and he'd seen it yet again at the Shaddix manor just the day before, so it wasn't anything new to Redhot. Nor was the feeling of taking a big, dirty hit right to the side of the head. But even as his neck cracked once, twice, three times, and his face ached with the promise of a large bruise, Red's eyes found Saeva and Torana.

wink

The Toa of Earth subtly turned on his Pakari and vaulted right through the back of the booth.

With a groan, Redhot pulled himself to his feet and raised his hands at Erzu in a placating gesture, throwing just the right amount of wince into his voice.

Thank you, Ussalry training. Thank you, learning how to take a dive in a losing battle against White.

"Fine, Erzu, frick. Jeez. I'll pick up my own wallet. Gonna have to clear it out anyway...The Toa of Earth trudged over to the counter and emptied every widget left on the counter in front of one clearly-irate proprietor. After weathering a few seconds of cursing - directed at both him and Salvajemono - Red pushed the widgets forward with another wince, this one genuine.

Last of the money I made off selling the jacket, but if it helps...

"That's for your booth. I'm really sorry, man, my friend and I tend to get out of hand like this. If there's anything else you need, I'll do some work around the restaurant or something. I'm better at wiping tables than you think."

Casually, he tilted his head to rub at his cheek - in the process gauging two Guards - one a Toa of Magnetism with a build not too far from Erzu's, and across from him a petite De-Toa. Next to her...tall, Po-Toa, would have sent Whitehot into a frothing epileptic fit...

uh oh

Now the wince was even more genuine, but Redhot turned away after a second - with a baleful grin and a contrite shrug at the Toa of Magnetism. They looked Guard. Chances were they'd just think he was a random schlub who got too carried away at breakfast.

"Thanks, man."

Intelligence gained at the cost of his breakfast money, Redhot Bomaye trudged back and stared expectantly at Erzu.

-Tyler

• Upvote 1

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: What.

Was that a Pakari that kid was packin'?

"That fishy to anyone else?"

IC: What.

All at once, the anger vanished into an afterthought.

Erzu knew he could bang with anyone, but...

"...What's the deal here?" he asked, warily. "You're twice my size, I know you were selling that one hard."

helo frens

IC: ...Wukong, all the wa--

Redhot nearly glared a hole through his skull.

Oh.

"The cop." he said, in a much lower, and more guarded tone.

IC: "I'm just saying, that didn't look right. I know what a big punch looks like. MAYBE if things were the other way around I could see it."

helo frens

"Hmm..." Elly thought for a moment, and then hopped down, activating her Pehkui once more to get past the table easily. She returned to her typical size afterward, and proceeded to stroll over to the booth that the brawl was at, curious to get more of a look at what was going on over there. She had to agree with Jol, especially about the Pakari; but that depending on what the other guy had on.

IC Solvi

She remained conspicuously silent through the planning, theorizing and-

Him.

The list of options in her mind was rather short now and getting shorter by the minute. Shorter than... "I doubt it's any of our concern in that way, Jolek. We're off duty and simply enjoying a brunch as co-workers. Elly if you want to go talk to them on non-guard duty I can't stop you-"

...more activity from them, whispers...

"-so, strawberry it is?"

...but close to it

IC: ... "If you say so, Ma'am. Sounds like strawberry."

IC: What sounds like a really big ant?

He'd forgotten to turn his mask down in the confusion, and now that he was paying attention to the sounds around him, there was no mistaking that glacially cool, almost imperial voice that came drifting through the air.

He heard it, right from that booth. Followed by that of what he assumed was the grey blur he'd caught a glimpse of earlier, rougher and decidedly more masculine in it's skeptical tones.

She was there, and she even had brought friends.

Slowly, he nodded to the Bomaye before him.

Edited by Best Gungnir

helo frens

"I knew I heard a monkey!" The diminutive Toa said triumphantly, as she popped up at the table, glancing straight at Erzu. After the brief moment of triumph, she glanced around curiously. "Ooooh, and the monkey has friends, too, not too often you see that! Where'd you find them, monkey?" She asked, glancing at Erzu again, a small smirk on her face.

• Upvote 1

"Oh. I'm sorry, did I find a monkey who couldn't speak? I apologize." The pink Toa said, in response to the Toa of the Green's speechless and incredulous look. She turned to the other three present. "I'm Elly, I heard things going down over here, thought a monkey was involved, wanted to go check! Turns out I was riiiiiight~" She said triumphantly, as she glanced back to Erzu with a smirk.

• Upvote 3

OOC: Korero, Sulov and Leah from Onu-Wahi

IC (Korero)

Three Toa Maru materialised in a back street a block away from the Magma Lounge. Korero immediately set off in a purposeful stride towards that destination.

IC (Lohkar)

"My ship is not for sale. Hire, on the other hand..."

The Lesterin's gaze slid Reordin's way.

"...is much more negotiable."

Edited by Ghosthands

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC:

Reo spoke, as anyone who knew him might have expected, bluntly. Some instinct here told him that the deal was good - after all, the Infernavika's name was renowned up and down Mata Nui - but pirates never came cheap. Not even the honest ones.

Especially not the honest ones. They laid everything they wanted out on the table at once. So...

"What do you want?" the Toa of Ice asked.

-Tyler

Edited by Luke Schwarz

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC (Lohkar)

"Me? I want a lot o' things," Lohkar replied, leaning lazily back on the bar. "Lower pricin' on rum, more gullible customs officers, gold, more gold, a fancy naval jacket, Raknar's pride, Dor Shaddix's autograph, Kalama's postal address, more recognition, some o' those little carved pebble things they 'ave in Ga-Koro..."

The pirate's eyes twinkled.

"But I tell you what, mate. You promise me you'll give those nasty buggers the kickin' they deserve, an' I'll do this one for free."

Edited by Ghosthands

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC:

"The ," Saeva began, having been uncharacteristically quiet from the moment Red stood, now surveyed the room around her. Torana trying to evade the insanity, Erzu looking more nonplussed than usual, and the massive Onu-Toa hovering quietly nearby. And of course, the tiny midget Toa standing on the table addressing them. "Is going on here?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

"Oh, just the usual, a monkey making a mess out of everything, that everyone else has to clean up!" Elly stated cheerfully, as she turned back to the monkey in question. "But he can speak! That is very good progress, very good on you monkey, very good." She said with a nod, but inwardly was very curious too. They were right; that blow should not have sent that other Toa flying...

Elly looked over at Red curiously. "So, he's strong then?" She asked, a curious look on her face, as she smirked slightly. "Then maybe this monkey will be more of a match for me, for once!" She looked back to Erzu, a smug look on her face. "Well?"

OOC: Mobile!

IC: Glass Jaw?

Alistair Overedhot?

Come on, man, nobody's believin' that.

"Well, you should've remembered all that when you felt like overreacting to a prank." He drawled, folding his arms across his chest in a self-assured, flagrantly cocky manner.

"And while you're here, pixie chick, you may as well learn from his lesson. Mess with me and I'll squish ya like the ant you are." He added, affecting a heap of danger into his smirk.

IC: I'm not smart enough for this.

Jol tapped his fingers on the table impatiently, unable to tear his eyes away from the strange, strange scene playing out behind him.

"You sure she's fine on her own, Ma'am? If she pisses them off that's a four on one, and, well..."

Knowing her...

"That might have a decent chance of happening."

Edited by Best Gungnir

helo frens

Elly still seemed smug, as she looked at Erzu, totally not buying it for a moment. "How about we test that theory, then, monkey?" She seemed more than a little overconfident, but she did still have that ace up her sleeve, and was itching to have an actual fight for once. "Where to, though?"

IC:

It's W O R K I N G

"Tell you what. I have faith in my man." Trying hard not to look towards his lady and gauge her reaction, he clapped Erzu on the shoulder from behind and gave his best Lightstone District smug smirk. "Erzu'll fight - and if he wins, you buy us breakfast. All of us."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"No no. We're not doing this. Pixie, I understand the temptation, but no. He's gotten his kicked twice in one day, and I'm not dealing with the potential for a third. Or the hospital bill if he wins. So no, this is not going to be a thing."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:

"I'm going to kick the of anyone who so much as tries to kick someone else's before breakfast gets here." The Ta-Toa massaged her temples. "I didn't get enough sleep for this. Do whatever you want. I'm gonna go apologize to the Pixie's buddies for how much of a delay there's going to be."

fK5oqYf.jpg