Rebuilding

Omega12

So the Metru nui mayoran had their bodies rebuilt after the bohrok invasion. I'm not sure if this has been explained how it was done, so forgive me if this is irrelevant. Would it be possible for a matoran to have his body be rebuilt into toa sized proportions? I realize this wouldn't make him a toa as there would be no toa power, but would he be something like a glatorian?

Edited by Omega12

As far as I know, yes. It seems like they just take spare parts and put them on the Matoran.

Though, on second thought, we have never seen it, so it may not be possible. It may have something to do with their muscle systems and how they can't be stretched too far. I don't think we've ever had a thorough explanation of how rebuilding works.

I'm not sure if this has been explained how it was done, so forgive me if this is irrelevant.

Basically like how you'd rebuild a car, combined with delicate surgery. :P

Would it be possible for a matoran to have his body be rebuilt into toa sized proportions?

Technically yes. However, we don't know if Matoran species muscles are naturally limited to a certain length. So maybe if you wanted to do that you'd need to make the parts that make up the difference be entirely mechanical, possibly even aided with robotics.

We did see a dramatic difference in arm length between Metruans (04) and their later (chronologically) Mctoran (2001) forms; the older arms were short, about the same as the legs, while the later arms were long, apelike, with legs a little shorter than they used to be. This happened by mutagen, not rebuilding, but the arms actually apparently lengthened, despite this process usually being describes as 'shrinking' (it's true for most of the rest of the body though). But it could show that muscles can grow to near Toa length, and who knows if there's actually an upper maximum (though there would still presumably be a practical limitation in that if you had more muscle mass you'd probably have to 'eat' more often).

So, most likely it would not be a good idea, but it should be possible. Technically, a Matoran (or any of them) could be fused with a giant tank... or a boat, or a spaceship... instead of having arms and legs... or be hooked into a titan body. Somehow or another. But in-story, the only such dramatic changes we've seen come from mutagens rather than rebuilding.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I imagine that it would be possible for the rebuilders to grow new muscles for the Matoran so they could be larger. So yes, they could be as big as the "experts" in rebuilding wanted them to be.

(Which implies to me that the Matoran were at optimal sizes for their jobs, and that making them bigger would be bad. The Metru Nui arc dug into that idea a little - that being a Matoran made things easier in the city, so yeah.)