Bzprpg - Kini-Nui

Friar Tuck

OOC: Tanuka DON'T! NO!IC: Tanuka gave Xibre a curious look."...I thought the only male in the Marines was Kalama..."OOC: *facepalm* Oh you silly silly girl...

With the power of Firefox now I CAN be in two places at once!

Things I've written: Interview with Nidhiki And other Interviews, TARGETED

Things I've guest stared/cameo'd in: Makuta infects the Eds! Seeing Thru the Fog

Thinks I've Co-authored: Adventures of Bolt and Company!

US Army Vet: HOORAH! BZPRPG Prof: Kalama

OOC: I know. Silly girl.IC: Tanuka held her puzzled look. "By that sentence structure you mean to say you can do anything a MALE can do? Wait does that mean you're a male who thinks he's a female but can do anything a male can do but you're part of the female breed of Matoran that... I'm so very confused right now." She said with her arms comically crossed as she tried to use her hands to help her navigate the conversation.

Things I've guest stared/cameo'd in: Makuta infects the Eds! Seeing Thru the Fog

IC, Xibre: "Sorry, what I mean by 'they' are the other, female, Ga-Matoran" said Xibre. "Ya see, when I was still living in Ga-Koro, the other Ga-Matoran bullied me to the extreme. All of them. I did not find it amusing. Which is why I never ended up joining the Marines. I did not want to be bullied even more than I was. So instead, I decided to move out here." He stretched out his arms for emphasis.

Edited by Toa Xemnas of Crystal

IC: Kamaehu rolled his eyes and grabbed Tanuka closer to him to prevent the silly girl from making any more confusing comments. "Well you see, I'm kind of important in my home area. So my folks needed someone to keep me safe. My cousin Ara'kas has always been a loose cannon, so they decided to kill two birds with one stone and have her be my bodyguard. The only problem is that it turns out, I can handle myself just fine. But Ara'kas is too loyal to leave her post, so she stays. I guess she's bored. It doesn't really help that her views of toa and matoran are... different than mine."

Progenitus Worldsoul

Marquis of making RPG profiles, but never actually posting.

"Strength through honor. Virtue through flames."

"Oh. I see... Kalama was bullied too you know. He actually befriended the one who tormented him the worst." She leaned over so she could whisper to Xibre."She has the biggest crush on him." She whispered conspiratorially. "It's so cute how they dance around each other."Listening to Kamaehu she asked. "What kind of differences in viewpoints?"

IC: Kamaehu pointed to an emblem on Ara'kas' shoulder plate. "That's the family crest. There's an old legend about us being related to Tahu. Ara'kas believes it makes us nobility. So, for her to respect matoran and other toa, they kind of have to... impress her. I can tell someone's courage by the way they act. Ara'kas needs to see it in action."

Progenitus Worldsoul

"Oh... yeah... I wouldn't mention that around Kalama... or any of the Turaga... or at least Nokama." Tanuka said.Shrugging she went to explain. "You see, since the newcomers arrived, they've been doing things like that and well... complicated things for us. We ran into one of the nobility recently inside the Temple of Wisdom. Lady Yorlonda I believe. Nether Kalama nor Nokama like her very much. The nobility around here seems to have gotten well... seedy.""I don't mean to be offensive but things were far more simpler during the Rahi Wars. Every Matoran pulled their weight. Nobody was above anyone else. Karz, Kalama was the Turaga's adopted son and even he wasn't cut any slack. You could say he got the worst deal out of the lot having been stranded on his own since he went missing during the Second Great Tarakava Raid. The stories go that he scraped out a living all on his own for almost 500 years. He knows how hard it is out here outside the villages. He doesn't like the Nobility since they pretty much expect everything to be handed them while we down here at the bottom are expected to fend for ourselves and them. If I'm remembering what he said correctly."She gave Kamaehu a wide smile. "You could say Ara'kas and Kalama are more alike than they think!"Still smiling at Xibre's comment she added. "Yeah Kalama is pretty brave. I don't think I could have done everything he's done. Rumor has it he fought a pair of Manas crabs and walked away without a scratch!"

IC Nen:"I can only hope that rumor is simply a rumor," Nen commented. "If that was true Makuta must be losing his touch. A lot. And it makes everyone else on the entire island look completely worthless." He paused. "As for the nobility, I never really see them. I mean, if someone is a noble, that's nice for them, and sometimes they come across as entitled, but they don't seem completely bad. Not as an entire group anyway. I mean, sure there are probably bad nobles, but there's always at least some bad in every group of people to counteract the good in a group."

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

"But isn't Makuta losing his touch a good thing?" Tanuka asked. "I mean... if he is losing his touch. Doesn't that mean we can win this?"She sighed. "As a Matoran, all I've hoped for is for this one great nightmare to end... to finally be able to go to places I've only heard about safely and not have to worry about getting eaten by Rahi or enslaved by Makuta or some other horrible fate. We can FINALLY go back to that one bit so long ago where it was actually peaceful here..."

IC Nen:"It would be nice to be able to go places without having to be careful of the shadows around you. Of course, some rahi would probably continue to attack us Makuta or not because that's just how they are, but it is a nice thought."

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

IC: Kamaehu shook his head vigorously. "I've seen those so-called 'nobles'. They are little more than arrogant brigands. But we're not like that." Kamaehu moved slightly forward, continuing, his voice now more defensive. "Because we our nobility, we command respect, not power. We command respect, because it is our responsibility to earn it. Also, just for reference, I've spent my whole life outside the safety of the Koros."

Progenitus Worldsoul

"...is everything okay Agarin? You seem less... cheery than usual." Tanuka asked the Toa of Sonics.

IC, Xibre: Xibre stopped. He still felt something watching him. He looked around. And then he spotted it. "Stop following us! We have no food for you!" he shouted at the Brakas in the treetops. He then made some noises in the monkey's own language. It shrieked at him and lept through the trees in the opposite direction in which the group was heading. "That's better" he said. "Still have that feelin', Tankua?

"It's not really "Holy" Ara'kas. We've always known it to be the entrance to the Makuta's lair. You could say the Kini-Nui is more like a... border of sorts." Tanuka said. "Some might call it a seal. Some legends say Mata-Nui, just before he fell to Makuta's dark spell, sealed his brother there to protect the Matoran. Though obviously it didn't stop Makuta from being able to influence the island since they say the very island we live on became his prison. It makes sense in a way. I've been here for almost forever and I've never seen Mata-Nui but I remember the peace and quiet we had before Makuta's madness and reign of dark terror started almost over a millennium and a century ago. Like he was regaining power and figuring out how to break free of his prison.""What strikes me as odd about the whole thing..." Tanuka added thoughtfully, "Is if it WAS a seal... then why hasn't the Makuta left his prison yet if the Kini-Nui is supposedly shattered? I've heard tales of it being broken and it's where the Rahkshi came from which makes sense if they really are the sons of Makuta. You think he's gotten used to it down there and controls us with fear of well... not having a physical form?"

IC(Agarin): Agarin decided to take the chance to speak up again."A rumor is more powerful than a fact." He said, "Imagination toys with a rumor, creating fear of what might happen and the rumor spreads again, becoming worse as it goes. Nobody knows whether Makuta and Mata-Nui are real. That is what makes them so powerful. If Makuta walked out of wherever he is hidden, unless you had a deathwish, you would be dumb not to bow down and worship him. While with a rumor, a legend, you really have to put your faith forward and truly believe, and that's when you really begin to fear him."Agarin stopped for a moment."At least, that's what I believe."

Edited by Toa the kid
1302120354_212_FT0__tiger__bunny_.jpg

IC Nen:Nen looked at Agarin. "I'm pretty sure Makuta and Mata-Nui exist. The whole infected mask thing and the original toa coming to save the day thing hinted that maybe some legends were actually true. And then there's the agents of Makuta going around attacking company members. How would they know to do that unless they were recieving orders from the dark one? It's much more pleasant to assume the world is as messed up as it is because some mean guy made it that way than to say that the world is just naturally messed up like it is. Also, if Makuta appeared I'd hide and get some actual forces. Because I'm not going anywhere near him without a group."

OOC: Hey, I'm kind of about to... well.... um... maybe start a fight here. If anyone has any problems I can edit.IC: "Rumors are merely- wait, nobody move or say anything." Ara'kas tilted her head slightly, her hand raised. "You hear that. Footsteps. What do you make of it Kamaehu?""Mostly matoran, but there's also a skakdi." Kamaehu tapped his fingers on the air, going through all the possibilities. "Can't be merchants, they'd go through the koros, might just be travelers."Click. The sound was barely audible, but recognizable."They're armed. Wait, I think I hear a cart."Now another sound could be heard, the distinctive clinking of chains."Well that's great." Ara'kas raised her voice, speaking to the whole group now. "Sounds like slave traders. Four or so matoran, a skakdi, and maybe a toa."

Progenitus Worldsoul

OOC: I don't have a problem. Mata-Nui is supposed to be overrun with this kind of stuff anyway. We shouldn't be able to take more than 10 steps without running into something to fight considering we're (mostly) Toa.IC: "...Is that good or bad?" Tanuka asked both nervous and curious.

IC, Xibre: "That's just great!" said Xibre sarcasticly. "First Makuta's servants attack the members of the Chronicler's Company, and now slave traders run amock through the island! What is the world coming too?" Xibre drew his sword and put a hand on his knife. "When they get here, I'll be ready."

Edited by Toa Xemnas of Crystal

IC Nen:"If the bad guys are coming this way, I'll go set up an ambush," Nen said, his mask glowing until he had vanished from view.

IC: Ara'kas drew her sword, then looked back at Tanuka. "It depends whether they're buying or selling.""Nobody move, we've got you surrounded. And turn visible again, or my associate will have to deal with you." The words came from a fe-matoran who had stepped out of the clearing. He held a disk launcher in one hand, and was flanked by a skakdi of stone and a toa of plantlife. "Now then, we will take this opportunity to replenish our stock."Ara'kas swore under her breath. "They're buying, kid. No slaves to free."

Progenitus Worldsoul

IC Nen:Hmm... Nen thought from his hiding spot behind the slavers, Apparently they have a way of dealing with invisible people. Well, we can't have that. He decided to take stock of all the enemies around his friends before springing the trap.

"...Wait... if they're buying then why are they asking us to..."Tanuka went silent as the gear whirled in her head."...Oh... Nevermind. I figured it out... and it's not very funny if it was ment to be a joke."OOC: Tanuka has GOT to work on her smacktalk. XD

IC: Ara'kas shook her head and pulled Xibre back. "We're surrounded. He can deal with it no problem."The fe-matoran snapped his fingers to the left. "I told you to turn visible." His companion, the plantlife toa, set to finding Nen by making the vines in the area near them whip around at knee length, looking for something to entangle. "Now the rest of you," The matoran said, aiming his disk launcher at Xibre. "drop your weapons."

Progenitus Worldsoul

At this point. Tanuka now had to ask herself a very important question.What would Kalama do? (OOC: WWKD? XD )Probably say something inspiring and then challange the slavers.The problem was... Tanuka didn't know anything inspiring to say at this point. She took a breath to steady herself.Slowly now...Seriously... what would Kalama do? Think girl! He's been teaching you! You should know...Situational Awareness. Look around and take stock of your enviroment.The Toa of Water opened her eyes and looked at her opponets.Four Matoran, one of them a Fe breed. Iron. The Toa thought.One Toa of Plantlife and a Skakdi of Stone.Strategy. Plants need water to grow. You can leech the water and prevent him from using his attack effectively. Stone is sensitive to water. Naturally you should attack him.She looked at the Matoran who she envisioned as a Maha. You're a Toa, you're far bigger and stronger than it is. The imaginary Maha bleeted causing Tanuka to giggle slightly.Suddenly she didn't feel so afraid. She had her friends at her back and Kalama had equipped her well enough for this. She couldn't help but smile.

IC: "Come on, drop your weapons and be done with this." The fe-matoran growled, then snapped again, revealing four matoran armed with disk launchers, surrounding the group.Ara'kas' sword rested lazily in her hand, in theme with the rest of her. To her, the battle was a test, the others would sink or swim, pass or fail. "Kid, you'd best either do something or get back. Which will it be?"OOC: BTW, I don't have to be the only one controlling the enemies. They are NPCs.

Progenitus Worldsoul

OOC: Thanks. LET'S START THE PARTY!IC: One of the Matoran noticed Tanuka smiling."What are you smiling about wench?""Just... remembering something a friend of mine said once."In one fluid movement, Tanuka reached behind her with her left arm bringing the full body shield to bear stepping forward with her left foot. Her right arm reached over her shoulder flipping the spear over it bringing up to bear against her adversaries."Courage never fights alone. You want my weapons slaver? Come and take them from me." Her genuine smile was insult to injury as she added. "If you can..."She turne toward the Skakdi and fired a torrent of water at him from the spear.The Skakdi swore and leaped out of the way. He turned to punish the Toa who had attacked him only to find Tanuka already in his face attempting to skewer him.

IC, Xibre: Xibre used Tankua's distraction to his advantage. He quickly grabbed his sword and knife and crouched into a roll, barely missing the disks that the Matoran in the treetops launched at him. The lead Fe-Matoran launched his own disk at him. Xibre raised his sword and deflected the disk. C'mon... he thought to himself. Then they came. There was a loud noise, and the treetops were filled with Brakas that had answered Xibre's call. They began tearing and clawing at the Matoran in the trees, who screamed and scrambled to climb down.

IC(Agarin): "I'll fight, of course." Agarin replied with a grin. He pulled his guitar around to the front and struck a chord aimed at the cart. Upon contact, the poor wooden carrier was blown sky high and landed on the skakdi, leaving the demented warrior in a pile of wreckage.

1302120354_212_FT0__tiger__bunny_.jpg

IC, Xibre: Xibre smiled. Now where's that Fe-Matoran? I'd like to give him a piece of my mind, he thought. He looked around. He spotted the Matoran, who had already loaded another disk. Xibre ran towards him, rolling to avoid getting hit with the disk. He reached the Matoran and kicked him. "Scum," Xibre spat as the Matoran got back up. The Matoran took out a whip. Xibre readied his sword. The Matoran cracked the whip. Then the Matoran wrapped the whip around Xibre's sword, turning the battle into a tug-of-war. "Oh no ya don't!" cried Xibre. He shifted his weight to his right hand and used his left to draw his knife. He quickly cut through the Matoran's whip. The Matoran backed up. Xibre ran up to him and hit him on the head with the hilt of his sword, knocking him unconscious. "An unconscious slave trader is a good slave trader."