Power of the Great Beings Contents

Jck

Hello, I apologize if this question has been asked and answered before, but what comics was
"The Powers of the Great Beings" graphic novel going to contain?

I can assume it was set to contain "All That Glitters" and "Rebirth", but isn't 40-something pages a bit short for a whole graphic novel? Especially compared to the others that had ~5 comics each?

Based on that, it should have contained 3 more comics. But what were they?

I have heard that it was going to take place partly on Bota Magna (however I doubt it) and also heard that it would reveal the Great Beings (again I doubt it).

Does anyone else have any actual information?

Thanks,

Toa Jck

virux4.5-500.jpg

I recall hearing that it would be about Mata Nui's journey through Maze Valley. That would probably have been one of the three comics. I read (unsourced) on one of the LEGO wikias that there would be the two 2010 comics and three original comics. The Maze Valley story would probably have been just one.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

• 2 weeks later...

I recall hearing that it would be about Mata Nui's journey through Maze Valley. That would probably have been one of the three comics. I read (unsourced) on one of the LEGO wikias that there would be the two 2010 comics and three original comics. The Maze Valley story would probably have been just one.

There were six stories per each previous Papercutz Graphic novel, though, as their were six issues of the comic book per year. If each the three original (i.e. not reprinted from previously issued Bionicle comic books) stories were longer by a certain amount then the length of a comic book story, then there may have only been five stories total in the entire graphic novel. Alternatively, there may have been one story of regular length and two longer stories, or two stories of regular length and one story which was much longer than average.

EDIT: Jck, I recall reading that Power of the Great Beings would feature at least one story taking place on Bota Magna. i believe that I read that piece of information in early 2010, and that is was through a link on this website. I haven't yet been able to find the old link, though I'll keep looking for it. Considering that we were initially planning to travel to Bota Magna in 2011 prior to the decision to end the line, setting at least one story on Bota Magna doesn't seem to far-fetched after all.

Edited by Artakha's Nephew

Find (digital) me under the name Azani on YouTube, Eurobricks, Discord, the BioMedia Project and the TTV Message Boards.

Please check out Project AFTERMAN on Tumblr and Facebook; I'm proud to have worked as their PR Manager and as a writer.

AAZZ.jpg

I also heard that the Element Lord of Sand would have been featured. Kind of a shame that didn't happen... but then again, by not letting GregF introduce a character, the possibility of Sandy being female is still out there.

• Upvote 1
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison