A Few Questions About The Matoran Universe

Alright, so I have a few questions about the robot body that encompasses the Matoran Universe that have puzzled me for quite some time now, and I'd like to get some answers. My first question is about the domes. I know that the domes encompass the islands of the MU, but how are the domes connected? I assumed there was an ocean, but then what is the point of having domes? My second is about how Mata Nui is connected to the MU. I saw somewhere that there is a tunnel system, but who would have made the tunnels if Mata Nui was never supposed to be created in the first place?

oniban.png

I hope someone more knowledgable than I can come and answer your first question, but I believe I can help you on your second. If I recall correctly, the Island of Mata Nui was a defense mechanism to disguise Mata Nui in case he was incapacitated on an ocean planet. The tunnels were built in, I suppose so that the MU inhabitants could get to the outside and fix the issue.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

The domes are connected by tunnels and canals.The island Mata Nui rests on the face of the robot in which the Matoran Universe is located. And as it appears, there are access paths/tunnels to the robot's face. The island has been formed and destroyed several times before the Mata Nui we knew, although intentionally, as a means of camouflage for the robot when it was hiding in an ocean. The island always incorporates tunnels that lead up to its surface so that the Bohrok can get there and cleanse it before retreating into their nests again.Hope that helped.NtM

Edited by Nuhrii the Metruan