Soul Eater [Not!]

dotcom

So this is a topic for discussion of Atsushi Ohkubo's manga series Soul Eater and Soul Eater Not!, as well as the anime based on the former. Anyways, anybody following the series?SE Chapter 91 and Not! spoilers following

I'm really curious where the Moon arc will lead. It feels like the finishing arc, to be honest. Either way, I am really wondering about Garan. Dinka has already proved himself as awesome (He is an axe.) So I'm curiosu about the last Death Scythe. And the new 3 clowns look really awesome, although Kaguya is... well, not really anything new, but still. Not! doesn't seem to be leading anywhere, since Sheila hasn't done much. It just feels like a random homoerotic slice-of-life manga. :I

Discuss.

AXKP5KC.png

Loved the show. I watched through all four seasons over the summer (in about two days' time). I even have a Soul Eater necklace (Death's mask).

EXCALIBUR! EXCALIBUR! From the United K, I'm looking for heaven! I'm going to California! EXCALIBUR! EXCALIBUR!

:superfunny:

IetTsFQ.png

Know what you mean.Kid always makes me laugh. If he was real, I'd take Sharpie to one side of his face and see what happens. XD

He would probably loop out, then spend hours replicating the design exactly on the other side of his face to make it symmetrical.

IetTsFQ.png

He would probably loop out, then spend hours replicating the design exactly on the other side of his face to make it symmetrical.

And I would sit there ROFLMAO-ing the whole time.Personally, I relate to Soul and Black Star a lot. Black Star's introductory episode in the anime was hilarious. Soul and Maka's... a bit embarrassing. :P

Shameful display. No matter how good the anime is (It is pretty good) the manga is ultimately better.If only because it has Tezca and Gopher.We need more manga readers. I think Volume 7 is coming out this week. I need to get my hands on a copy.Marie is on the cover yuss.

Edited by dotcom

AXKP5KC.png

My favorite characters are Kid, Maka and Soul. Maka reminds me a lot of my friend eve.

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, yes you should.Anyone wno watches the anime but doesn't read the manga is doing a diservice to themselves.Of course, the anime has very toneed down version of the 'sexy parts,' so the somewhat explicit nature of the manga could turn away some people.

AXKP5KC.png

• 4 weeks later...

Oh karzahni! If the sexual parts are toned down in the anime...wow..."The only thing that should be stuffed in everyponies' face is chocalate cake,"-Pinkie Pie

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

Yeah. I bought the first four volumes of the manga (ie, all the released ones) last year after becoming a fan. The first volume ._. Anyways, I got Vol. 7 yesterday. Finally we're reaching the point where the anime breaks off. It should only take another year.

AXKP5KC.png