Continuation vs. Reboot

118 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You know, a thought just occurred to me. In the Lego Message Boards recently, Greg has repeatedly answered, or rather avoided answering, questions by saying "That would be up to the future story team, if BIONICLE were to come back" and in other cases has said something along the lines of "I don't want to give an answer to this and force a future story team to abide by that restriction", etc. Now, think about it: if LEGO was going to do a hard reboot for BIONICLE (and Greg would know, since he knows what's happening in 2015) would Greg really worry about making trouble for another story team? If new BIONICLE was taking place in a new continuity, anything that Greg said would only apply to the original story, which is basically over. Alongside that, Greg keeps emphasizing how the original story is "frozen" where we left it, and so doesn't answer question about what's happened beyond where the serials stopped. 

Just something I found interesting. It could all be nothing, or it could be something. *shrug*

• Upvote 1

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351

• 1 month later...

I would rather they make the story a sequel so to speak. Each year in the original series was like back-to-back chapters (excluding the Metru Nui stuff), but making it a sequel, like what the characters are doing several years later, will allow the writers to be free from complications from the original series (cause they magically resolved themselves offscreen) and start a new thing. Kind of like Transformers 4, which started a storyline unrelated to the previous movie, but keeping the same characters and world.