The Elder Scrolls

No, they do go there. But I thought the log piles were from a collective lot; they're the same at every house. So buying from any mill will get the logs to any house.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

That tower in Oblivion was only awesome for me after someone modded the heck out of it. :P I haven't played Hearthfire yet, still debating since I like player houses to store my junk, but not really interested in the other stuff. From what I've seen though, the one in the Pale looks kinda pretty.

rahkshi_symbol.png

... Yep, I see what you guys are talking about. Just finished one house (only three wings, barely any additions internally or externally), and attempted another, and realized "wow. I am wasting my time." so I stopped.I'll work on it later. And honestly, I had no trouble with the Iron Ingots, using the Thieves Guild shops in Riften was nifty. My problem was getting Sawn Logs to Heljarchen Hall.. Anyone else have problems with this, or am I just ignorant to where the Sawmill is?- Taka
There's a log mill 5 minutes away by foot, at the base of Solitude. It's incredibly close.

The Redwall RPG; closed now
Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years
Credit to Supernova Productions and Expired! for the Avatar.

Apparently I'm now Kopaka?

150 hours in, and not done? You're looking at 300 hours right here, and I want more!Oh, and Turahk, is it just a coincidence that the Game Informer editors did their 24 hour marathon this past weekend? Or were you trying to coincide with that?

"The moral of the story is, I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way. I'll never make that mistake again. No more half measures Walter."

They probably did it as part of Extra Life. We [the Video Game Club I'm president of here] were contacted by them last year to get one going, and it was very well-received, so we did it again this year. So it's actually no coincidence.I honestly have never talked to any of the merchants in the restored Thieves Guild. Guess it's worth taking a look at them?~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

Yes, very much so. For me at least. That is, I'm assuming, you've completed the thieving guild 100%. ;)But when I go on selling-escapades (honestly, takes forever. Even with 100 Speech [1000 added gold to each shop], it's still a chore), I go around to the Barter there, then the 4 other shops, selling my various Gems and valuables. Plus, 3/4 stores (not including the Barter), usually have 8-18 Iron Ingots each; helpful for Hearthfire's tedious, and selfish needs of iron. - Taka

BZPChat

Yeah, they did do it through Extra Life. Almost thought you were Tim Turi there for a second.Oh, and about Hearthfire, I feel obliged to see all it has to offer and earn the achievements. Not because I'm desperate for gamerscore, but because with certain games that I feel are good enough to warrant getting all the achievements, I'll put up with stuff like getting high enough level to even see the Legendary Dragon and then killing it.Now, technically Skyrim is already in my 1000 Club, since I have all the achievements that came with the game, but I feel the need to get all the DLC achievements as well, so that when Skyrim is listed under my Completed Games, I can say that I saw all the game had to offer, even DLC.

"The moral of the story is, I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way. I'll never make that mistake again. No more half measures Walter."

Got the Werewolf and Vampire perks, but that #%*(^%()!*(_%(*_^!^*(_!(_*#%_@%#(*(*^%(*!_%%_!_*%_*_*_# Legendary Dragon. I haven't even seen a Revered Dragon yet. When I find that dragon, I will exact my vengeance upon him for all the time it'll take me to get to Level 70.

I keep finding Revered Dragons in the absolute worst places. Like towns I care about.That's also probably why it's taking me forever to level up my Vampire Form. I don't want to just wipe out entire towns. It was easy when still a Werewolf because I stopped caring about forts so I just stormed all of them, but now my Vampire needs places to feed.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

Yeah I worked towards that perk first for the Werewolf.You can feed off a lot of things as a Vampire too. I think my problem is I still haven't gotten the melee finisher for feading down very well (whereas when a Werewolf I did it even without intending to). And the magic attack is just sooooo weak... So Serana usually kills them while I'm trying to drain health. >_<~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

There's a maybe glitch with Serana where, if she's your follower, your Vampiric Drain spell as a Vamp Lord is significantly weakened. Have her wait at home for a while and it'll be more powerful. Also no, there's no perk like that for Vampire Lords, since you can get perks off of all kinds of enemies from the start. I had no problem with the finisher bite, but that might be because I'm on PC and use a modification that increases my chances of kill cams and removes the "last enemy" restriction, and that probably affects the VL finisher too.

rahkshi_symbol.png

• 2 weeks later...

Seems we get the new DLC trailer on the 5th. Preliminary images show a being with a gold mask that largely resembles a dragon priest mask, especially with the stylized eyes, but with a mouth like a bug. A recentdragon cult, I wonder, or a previously unknown group on Solstheim?

Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years

I didn't think it really looked like a dragon priest at all. :P But yeah, as I understand it, it'll be called Dragonborn, return to Solstheim, ride dragons, at least four new types of armor I think, all kinds of new baddies, including new Dwemer machines, and may or may not involve Hermaeus Mora (a couple people found file names in the latest patch that mention his realm Apocrypha and HMDaedra).Edit: Oh, and at least one Telvanni tower, which I'm pretty excited to see. :D

Edited by Takatu
rahkshi_symbol.png

Isn't there a perk that will let you feed off of animals and stuff too? I haven't actually played as a werewolf in Dawnguard yet, so I dunno how that stuff works. Also yeah, bandits are fodder, don't worry about morals with them lol.
Yes, there is a perk, but unfortunately you need to munch a bunch of people to be able to use it, which is kinda funny. I might as well snack on bandits, but to be honest, it just seems like it's a weird form of Cannibalism. *Debates with self*@Takuta: Well, the eyes of the mask are identical to a dragonpriest mask in style, but the rest looks like it's a golden Falmer helmet. It's really odd. I heard a rumor it might be the mask

Of a dragonpriest named Miraak. Other dragonpriests, while unnamed, did appear in Dawnguard, so it's possible others still exist.

You get to a high enough level, unnamed dragon priests start replacing boss-level draugr at the end of dungeons. When I first installed Dawnguard, back before I got game-breaking glitches and had to reinstall and start a new character in order to play it, my Dark Elf's level was mid- to late-40s and I fought a dragon priest at the end of Dimhollow Crypt, right where you first meet Serana (in the stadium-ish room where the Word Wall was). When I went back at a much lower level with my restarted character, it was just a Draugr Overlord or whatever. I waited a while before doing the Bard's College quest, too, and Olaf One-Eye turned out to be a dragon priest due to my level (since lore-wise, that wouldn't make the slightest bit of sense).I just know dragon priest wasn't the first thing that popped into my head when I saw the image. Although Todd Howard at one point said they'd like to do more with them, since they proved to be fairly popular enemies, and the shoulder pads sorta look like the ones on dragon priest robes I've seen. I was just hoping it was one of the new armors you could get lol.Edit: Trailer's been released.

Now THAT looks cool! And yep, guess it is a dragon priest. Looks very Lovecraftian at parts. I love how they mirrored the dragon soul absorbing scene from the original Skyrim trailer with this new dragon priest (Konahrik? They briefly showed the shrine in Labyrinthian where you can get the final mask).

Edited by Takatu
rahkshi_symbol.png

Looks like we get to go to

Hermaeus Mora's Realm, judging by the abyssal pits and the green tentacles. Also, did anyone see the ethereal dragon shrouding the player character like armour? Also, I wonder if this dragon priest (Rumor has him named Miraak) is good, bad, neutral, or what? Do we become him?

Upcoming DLC spoilers, I guess??

In the trailer, the dragon Priest (unnamed) is allegedly the first Dragonborn. He is trying to get back to the realm of the mortals, I guess, by devouring dragon souls. Interpreting from the fact that you get to ride dragons, he is supposed to be some manner of antagonist and you have to conspire with the Dragons of this realm to defeat him. But since there's that obligatory moral choice system, you either get to rule by his side or kill him and usurp his power.

TLDR; Something something something there can be only one.

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

Some of them. The little blue guys and the boars they ride were in the Bloodmoon expansion for Morrowind, and I saw a netch in the trailer at one point. There was a floating Cthulhu-looking thing that may have been an Ascended Sleeper and maybe corprus zombies, other than that though, most seem new. Like that thing that shot tentacles out of its mouth, haven't the slightest idea what that thing was. O.o

rahkshi_symbol.png

Dragonborn DLC looks great. Don't really see any problems with it, will get! And do I spot TWO references to my favorite song by Queen? I like that show too. Underappreciated I think.

Some of them. The little blue guys and the boars they ride were in the Bloodmoon expansion for Morrowind, and I saw a netch in the trailer at one point. There was a floating Cthulhu-looking thing that may have been an Ascended Sleeper and maybe corprus zombies, other than that though, most seem new. Like that thing that shot tentacles out of its mouth, haven't the slightest idea what that thing was. O.o
That thing that shot tentacles out of it's mouth appeared to be wearing falmer armor, so maybe it's possessed by something? The head looked wrong, but the body was roughly falmer build. Also, I'm curious what that blue spineless dragon was?

I did notice it looked like it had Falmer armor, but it also seemed incredibly tall. It's head looked kinda like a fish or those things in Shivering Isles, with big bulbous eyes. Honestly, the whole DLC looks like a (wonderful) hybrid of Skyrim, Morrowind and Lovecraft. :P I also assume that was either a new breed of dragon, or else a specific quest-related one, like Odahviing or Durnehviir.One forum website says, and I'm not entirely sure how true it is since it's not an official source exactly, but they're info seems good, that new creatures include: Riekling, Scrib, Netch, Boar, Benthic Lurker and Ballista Centurion, and all but the last two were in Morrowind and Bloodmoon. I'm just glad that it looks like the dragon riding takes place on more than just Solstheim, since I'm pretty sure that was High Hrothgar behind the regular dragon the Dovahkiin was flying on at the end of the trailer. :D

rahkshi_symbol.png

One forum website says, and I'm not entirely sure how true it is since it's not an official source exactly, but they're info seems good, that new creatures include: Riekling, Scrib, Netch, Boar, Benthic Lurker and Ballista Centurion, and all but the last two were in Morrowind and Bloodmoon.
What, wait a moment. By Centurion, you mean Dwarven Centurion, right?

I assume so, there wasn't any more information beyond that. Ballistas were ancient ranged weapons that were kinda like a hybrid between catapults and giant crossbows, so I assume it's a new ranged Dwarven enemy. Because you know, the mechanical nightmares that were the regular centurions in the main game weren't horrifying enough. :|

rahkshi_symbol.png

I assume so, there wasn't any more information beyond that. Ballistas were ancient ranged weapons that were kinda like a hybrid between catapults and giant crossbows, so I assume it's a new ranged Dwarven enemy. Because you know, the mechanical nightmares that were the regular centurions in the main game weren't horrifying enough. :|
Horrifying? They're the best enemies in the game, IMO. If one does not consider that they often have Falmers as neighbours... >.<

The impact of the centurion was deadened in my gameplay because by the time I had gotten to finally fight one, I was already decked out with a Legendary Daedric bow of shock with all the points put into sneaking and archery.Whoops sorry game.

Edited by Makaru

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

First one I ran into Bethesda was sneaky about. I wasn't a real low level, but I wasn't all that high either. It was in that cave near Whiterun, Shimmermist or something. Anyway, a guard told me he saw Falmer there so i went to investigate. It was almost entirely Falmer-exclusive until the last chamber, as I'm fighter the boss level Falmer, the flipping wall behind it got up and started moving, and I realized what it is, and I kinda freaked lol.Edit: On an unrelated note, did I hit a glitch? I can't get Mephala's quest The Whispering Door to start. Google tells me I have to be at least level 20 and finished the quest Dragon Rising, which I did ages ago, and I'm well past level 20, but Hulda at the Bannered Mare won't give me the rumor to start it. I'd really hate to start over again. D:

Edited by Takatu
rahkshi_symbol.png

@Takatu: I'm trying to recall any potential glitches...have you overthrown Whiterun for the Stormcloaks? If so, check the basement of the Blue Palace in Solitude. Balgruff will be drinking away his sorrows there.