Best Movie Villains

Toa Zaz

It's about as close as you get to a movie with Doctor Who*, and seeing as each part of it was an hour long, it's close enough to me. *Excluding things that screwed things up badly enough to barely count as Doctor Who.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

:kaukau:Of course, I mentioned Hans Gruber, although this topic does need more of him, because he really set the tone for smooth, cavalier, charming villains. Whenever I think of cool villains from action films not based in sci-fi, fantasy, or historical fiction, I think of this guy, and he always inspires me when I'm trying to come up with something in this setting. Regarding Twilight, I suppose that I did forget to mention Bella. I have only watched the first ten minutes of the first film, and as far as the books are concerned I only made it to the point where Bella stomps out of her father's house, but I think that there is a little legitimacy to The Power That Is's view that she's emotionally manipulative. Not that I can comment too much on this, though, since I haven't read all the books. Regarding Dr. Who, the Wheeping Angels came to mind a while back, although I didn't post them because they weren't from a movie. However, the episode in which they first showed up (Blink), did look and feel like a movie because it operated just like a standalone and you didn't have to know who the doctor was in order to get the whole episode. The delivery was pristine and the horro concepts were both enticing with creativity but also genuinely scary. No, I wasn't afraid, since I'm rarely ever spooked by horror, but it was still my ideal form of horror because there are some people who would get a bit scared watching the episode. And the concept is just brilliant. It's spooky, spectral. It helps that the statues were angels, because it helped the supernatural element. The idea that things are always happening when you're not looking. They idea that you can't look away. The idea that something is hiding in plane site. The old childhood superstition that some inanimate object is out to get you. This was real style. I can imagine telling stories based off of this to my kids when I'm older. By the way, I just remembered another classic: Moby Dick. The film was considerably less boring than the book. Well, you could say that Captain Ahab was the villain. I guess it depends on the perspective. Your Honor,Emperor Kraggh

^Except this is best MOVIE villains, and within the scope of the three Bionicle movies, Makuta rarely stood out.

Actually, there were 4, but I see your point.

superpaper_624_1255384923.jpg

"By me... Count Bleck! The chosen executor of the Dark Prognosticus... is Count Bleck! The fine fellow prophesied to come to this dimension... is also Count Bleck!"

^Except this is best MOVIE villains, and within the scope of the three Bionicle movies, Makuta rarely stood out.

Actually, there were 4, but I see your point.
True, But Makuta Teridax was only the main enemy in the Trilogy. Edited by Malevolence

69 Days to a Better Body

Days left: 45 | Days completed: 24 | Yesterday: Shoulder's & Glutes - Today's: Triceps - Tomorrow's: Biceps

Miles Completed: 123(+2 Miles) | Today's Time: 1H

8330_s.gif

Exercise time was too bloody hard to fix...forgot to track a few days...sorry.

MOCs: Sah n Dibum - Vehicles Part 1 - Mouldi Pheats - Daleks

Stories: Adventures in the LegoVerse

Interesting Stuff: Shows You're Watching

Darth Vader

Life comes, and life goes, flowing like the tide.

Peace ebbs, and peace flows, often fleeting just like time.

Love can last, but only so, there isn't much before you die.

People pass, come to and fro. And eventually revenge too, doe lie.

For in the the end, it's only the vengent who lasts forever.

The Vengent Spectre.

Darth Vader, Cyrus Grissom from Con Air, Rene Belloq from Raiders of the Lost Ark. At least in my opinion, shrug.I probably have others but those three leap readily to mind first.

Edited by Aho-Chan

bionicle is trans culture

• 2 weeks later...

^Jean Hagen was absolutely BORN to play that role.As for Lina Lamont as a villain...I don't feel it. She had her negative side, yes, and she did cause some heartache and trouble, but for the most part her actions were somewhat justified, and she seemed to be acting out in a way a few women probably would.Honestly, I thought Lina Lamont was actually quite a brilliant character.

69 Days to a Better Body

Days left: 45 | Days completed: 24 | Yesterday: Shoulder's & Glutes - Today's: Triceps - Tomorrow's: Biceps

Miles Completed: 123(+2 Miles) | Today's Time: 1H

8330_s.gif

Exercise time was too bloody hard to fix...forgot to track a few days...sorry.

MOCs: Sah n Dibum - Vehicles Part 1 - Mouldi Pheats - Daleks

Stories: Adventures in the LegoVerse

Interesting Stuff: Shows You're Watching

Light Yagami from the Death Note anime series. Even though I don't view him as a villain. I actually think that, if he were real, he'd be the single most important human that ever existed. Not because he wields immense power, but because of how he uses it. He'd be the single most important human because he was the only one willing to get his hands dirty.

Edited by The Change

tumblr_n3nqpzvUrQ1qlzuomo1_500.gif