Deliberately Restricting Coloured-Pieces.

DeLaSouth

i mean Do you think certain coloured pieces are only coming out in certain sizes deliberately? for instance The only orange piece (not including Nex's nameplate) is the Size-1. the majority of the yellow pieces are Size-2. Red is only in Size 1&3. you'd think for the 3.0 & 4.0 series they would bring coloured pieces to new sizable dimensions. But they've kept them generally the same. if you can understand that.

Just to be clear, you're asking whether we think that LEGO is deliberately releasing pieces of certain colors for a few restricted elements. Yes? If that's the case, then I'd say that it's probably not a huge conspiracy or something, but I agree with you that the current style of building would seemingly make it simpler to release pieces in any color (and vice versa). It's quite possible that LEGO wants to keep an aesthetic appearance beyond color that remains constant across different incarnations of the same characters to keep them recognizable, in my opinion. Also, there are other elements with the colors of orange and yellow--namely, the helmets and chest armor--, but I can see that you're talking more about the limb pieces. ~ BioGio

"You're a scientist? The proposal you make violates parsimony; it introduces extra unknowns without proof for them. One might as well say unicorns power it."

I think the reasons for fewer orange shell pieces is just that there have been fewer primarily-orange sets, and those which there have been work perfectly well with just 3M shells in that color (it's better if you refer to them by the numbers on the back so it's less ambiguous). Just as in BIONICLE, introducing parts in new colors can be costly, so if parts that already exist in those colors can be used it cuts down on the cost of producing the sets.

You can't expect all parts to be released in all colors for the first few years of a new building system. The longer Hero Factory stays around, the more recolors we will see. LEGO has never done this in the past. Why should they start now? Restricting colors deliberately would be fiscally irresponsible - it's cheaper to recolor a part than to design a new one.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

I don't think so. There's not a good reason to.

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

As Daiker said, this year the size 5 shell in orange makes it debut in Thornraxx. Wrong. The majority of the yellow shells are size 4, with several size 2 shells as well as the alternative size 5 shell (the more bulky one). Red will be expanded this year as well, with the bulky size 5 shells being released in said color as well. White and black were released in size 3 shells this year as well. Lego doesn't recolor armor pieces just for the sake of recoloring armor pieces. They only do it if there's a set that will be in a specific color that needs a certain size of armor (be it small or large) to make the set look better. Some sets look fine with the current armor. Others need a recolor. It's not a conspiracy. :P -Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

As Daiker said, this year the size 5 shell in orange makes it debut in Thornraxx. Wrong. The majority of the yellow shells are size 4, with several size 2 shells as well as the alternative size 5 shell (the more bulky one). Red will be expanded this year as well, with the bulky size 5 shells being released in said color as well. White and black were released in size 3 shells this year as well. Lego doesn't recolor armor pieces just for the sake of recoloring armor pieces. They only do it if there's a set that will be in a specific color that needs a certain size of armor (be it small or large) to make the set look better. Some sets look fine with the current armor. Others need a recolor. It's not a conspiracy. :P -Mesonak

I think yous guys are using different terminology than one another. When he says "size 2 yellow", he means the size above the smallest shell-- size 3 in your terms, size 1 in his. This is why I just use the more general 3M and 4M (M standing for "module", or one stud in System) for these two shells. Thus, for him a 5M shell is size 3. But you're right, there's no signs that they're deliberately restricting which parts come in which colors. The only reason it might seem like that is because armor pieces are less often "cloned" than in BIONICLE-- thus, instead of each set having a certain number of designated thigh armor pieces (and many of those being color variations of certain designs), certain sets might have many entirely different armor shells than their differently-colored teammates.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't see why - there's no reason for it. And as Sumiki said, as long as HF is around, we'll be seeing more recolors.

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...